cervix checkers - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 04-26-2011, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

does anyone know if it's common in subsequent pregnancies for the cervix to stay posterior until labor begins/during labor?  My cervix feels like it's getting really soft but it's so freakin high, just wondering if I shouldn't expect to be able to fully reach it until labor..

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#62 of 69 Old 04-26-2011, 01:35 PM

Mine's like that right now, too. Very posterior and high! This is my 4th.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#63 of 69 Old 04-26-2011, 01:41 PM

Still haven't even found mine. I can feel a baby head (through the skin) though, so I don't know! :P

I've kind of given up. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#64 of 69 Old 04-26-2011, 02:12 PM

So, I happened to check right before I went into labor (about 8pm and contractions started around 10pm) and cervix was more anterior, though still pretty high - i was probably 50% effaced (had been 25% for a few weeks) and about 2 or 3 cm dilated (had been 1 for a few weeks). Thought it might be interesting to you guys since I had happened to check when labor was very close! It's funny in retrospect - I just thought maybe I was getting a little closer.
dayiscoming2006 likes this.

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#65 of 69 Old 04-26-2011, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

good to know- so posterior in the beginning of labor may just be normal for some..I keep getting discouraged that I can't reach it but oh well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamiel View Post

So, I happened to check right before I went into labor (about 8pm and contractions started around 10pm) and cervix was more anterior, though still pretty high - i was probably 50% effaced (had been 25% for a few weeks) and about 2 or 3 cm dilated (had been 1 for a few weeks). Thought it might be interesting to you guys since I had happened to check when labor was very close! It's funny in retrospect - I just thought maybe I was getting a little closer.

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#66 of 69 Old 04-26-2011, 02:55 PM

Very cool that you happened to check shortly before going into labor.  Proof that sometimes not a whole ton happens until a woman is IN labor, eh? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamiel View Post

Beth
Mama to DD 2.18.03, DS 3.18.06, DD 5.7.11

#67 of 69 Old 04-26-2011, 06:21 PM

I don't check it myself (I don't really know what I'd be looking for anyway, lol) but did have my midwife check today at my apt since we have a long drive to the hospital and it's good to know how things are progressing. She tells me baby's head is very mobile, she's halfway in the birthing position and I'm 2cm and 70% effaced at the moment. She plans to check again next week to see what changes have occurred.

#68 of 69 Old 04-27-2011, 11:49 AM

i didn't try to check my cervix really, but i felt the baby's head! so cool.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#69 of 69 Old 04-28-2011, 03:29 PM

I'm finally able to feel mine again - it's moved quite a bit more anterior in the last day or two.  Yay!

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page