What is this? Egg burps & TMI :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2011, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Ladies, I need some help!  I thought I had the flu this past week, but now I'm not so sure.  I've been feeling generally nauseous and having egg burps and diarrhea that comes and goes.  I can't figure out if its something I'm eating or if I've picked up an infection or parasite.  To help:  I don't eat fast food, we have clean sources of drinking water, & no one else in the family is having these symptoms.  Any suggestions?  Where should I also post this for further brainstorming help on mothering.com??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 06:45 PM

My dad had the egg-burping with h pelori. It comes with projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea though, so I don't know if it would be that. Our GI systems are being so squished and pushed right now, it's a wonder we're still able to eat! I go from nauseated, to hungry, to heartburn, to gassy, to diarrhea, to constipated in a matter of 24 hours or less! I hope you figure it out soon!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 04-03-2011, 07:06 PM

DH gets the egg burps with diarrhea every couple of months, but we've never figured out what the cause is.  At first we thought it was from certain kinds of lettuce, but it's happened without eating lettuce so we're back to being stumped.  It usually goes away on its own after a day or two, though.  

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:02 AM

Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 PM

One of my best friends is the victim of sulfur burps, but only during pregnancy. I'm pretty sure it was pregnancy-specific and went away as soon as her babies are born. Needless to say, everyone within close proximity to her was always glad when that babies were earth-side. LOL. I think in her case it was the pregnancy hormones that were just slowing down her digestive tract, so her stomach acid was extra stinky. 

Ali hang.gif Mama to Ezra (12/29/05) banana.gifand Willa (09/19/2008) broc1.gifand Louisa (5/29/2011)carrot.gif treehugger.gifnovaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg

Old 04-08-2011, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

**Update**

Well, I don't know if it was pregnancy or what, but I took some good probiotics & that seemed to clear it up.  Whatever it was, it was awful!!

User Tag List