Pelvic Pain/Hip pain? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else having major pelvic and hip pain? In the past few weeks the pain in my hips and the center of my pelvis has really increased- almost like my pubic bone is sore.

I found this book and ordered it this morning - http://www.amazon.com/Relieving-Pelvic-During-After-Pregnancy/dp/0897934806/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_3

Just wondered if any other mamas had experience with this too!

"The Mothers are the brave ones." - Call the Midwife

#2 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 10:44 AM

I feel your pain!!  I've been dealing with pubic pain for about the past 3 months.  I've been going to a chiropracter 3x/wk and now the pain has pretty much almost subsided, but there were days it was painful to walk, sleep, move, etc.  Now the pain has shifted into my sacrum area..back on my right side.  This pain is excruciating ...have you looked into Pubic Symphysis Disorder (something like that)?  Sending you lots of healing energy and calming vibes to your adapting body.

I keep saying that this means I'm going to have the most fantastic birth, since my body has been a wreck this pregnancy LOL

(hugs)

#3 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the love! Yeah, it's really a drag, isn't it? I'm seeing my chiro again, but it feels like the adjustments only "last" a few days then I'm right back in it. Those bad days are the ones where I'm thinking - screw how ready/not ready the house is, let's just have this baby already! :)

#4 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM

YES! I was just talking to my doctor about it this week. Although, I think a lot of mine is because I had a little trip and I pulled a ligament and the baby is head down and super low. But I almost cry every time I think about having to put on pants and I've totally given up socks because I just can't stand the pain of putting them on anymore. I've not see a chiro but I have tried doing little stretches and staying off my feet. So far, staying off my feet has helped a little bit.

#5 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM

Yeah, it's gotten pretty bad in the last week or two.  During my last pregnancy it was more in my hip/butt and now it seems closer to the groin area.  Some days i can barely walk and it hurts to roll over in bed.  I feel like I shouldn't complain since I've had a pretty cruisy pregnancy, but the whole lack of physical movement is getting to me, particularly since i was working out 3x a week until 5 months.  I can totally relate to wanting this baby to arrive even though i'm nowhere near ready!

#6 of 11 Old 04-05-2011, 04:21 PM

Lots of hip pain and sometimes pain from baby pushing hard against the cervix or punching down there. Definitely makes me want to fast forward out of this pregnancy stuff. LOL

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#7 of 11 Old 04-07-2011, 02:09 PM

Ok. I've tried the tailor sitting and the sleeping with the bottoms of my feet pushed together and nothing works. I can't even sit at our kitchen table for more than thirty minutes or it's nearly impossible for me to get up. ARGH!

Tonight I'm going to ta trivia event for a couples group that we belong to and I'm going to have to take my own chair cushion, just in case. This isn't fun anymore. I'm ready to be done. As of Monday I'm 37 weeks and I would totally not mind if this little lady came early.

#8 of 11 Old 04-07-2011, 02:35 PM

yes, lots of pain. I feel like baby girl is about to escape out of there. She's super low though. Like, I don't think she could really "drop" any lower. I get pain in the tendons between my pubic bone and upper thigh, hip pain and pubic bone pain. I'm just chalking it up to her being low. Midwife didn't seem concerned. She just told me if it gets too bad, I can take tylenol. Haven't needed to do that yet.

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#9 of 11 Old 04-07-2011, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

I totally feel for you, SallyNichole! It is all kinds of no fun.

Most pelvic pain is from the babe pressing/pulling the pelvis a bit out of allignment, and all the relaxin really aids that. So a lot depends on each woman's body and where her baby is positioned. In other words, from what I've read so far, what works for one might have the opposite effect for another. That said, have you thought about giving a maternity belt a try? I ordered one the other day, hoping it will help me with some relief.

Also, for some ladies the tailor position really helps. For others, keeping your knees together as much as possible is the ticket. I was doing exercises to stretch my inner thighs, thinking this would help, but it actually made the pain in my pubic bone worse. :( I've tried hard not to separate my knees very far at all the past few days and I did notice a small improvement.

#10 of 11 Old 04-07-2011, 02:54 PM

I have tried it all and am now giving up and just giving in to the wobble/limp I have to use to get around. I figure if nothing else maybe DH will start doing the laundry for me so I don't have to walk up and down the stairs to the basement. I guess there is always a silver lining

#11 of 11 Old 04-07-2011, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, stay away from stairs, girl! That's the worst. Sorry to hear nothing's worked. :( I feel for you. Hang in there- not too much longer now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page