April 8-14 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 74 Old 04-13-2011, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I took the kids to the dentist today.  My 2 yr old got her 1st check-up and did great with it!  I'm so proud of my kids!  We live in the far west suburbs of Chicago and drive all the way into the city to a denitist who uses ozone treatment on cavities instead of drilling and filling.  Fortunately my 2 and 4 yr olds have no cavities  .  My 6 yr old was starting with 3 more.  He's had rampant caries since he was 2 (that we first noticed.)  He's the one who prompted us to find an alternative to drilling and filling.  The dentist we saw at the time tried to blame his cavities on prolonged breastfeeding!  Aggravating!  And she was a holistic dentist!  So happy with this dentist!  We've never had to fill a cavity yet. And even better never had to drug him for dental care (or any other reason!)  .Although he's not cheap!  It cost us $420 for the 3 kids check-ups and cleaning and to ozone the 3 cavities...and $25 to park for 90 minutes. 

I finally kicked the bronchitis! (after a month!)  My ribs are still extremely sore (one broken on the left in the back) and pleurisy in the right lung does not seem to be getting better.  Still overall I'm so much better than last week!  I have to work a full day tomorrow.  Then I'm done except for meetings.

I dread the way these last few weeks will drag on.  But I'm very grateful for everything in my life, especially my wonderful kids and husband! 

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 74 Old 04-13-2011, 02:59 PM

I got my GBS test results today and it's negative. Thank God, since I didn't want to have to decide whether or not to do antibiotics. Got checked by the midwife today, no internal. Not sure when they want to do one? Probably next week or at 39 weeks. I could have asked for one today, but at 37 weeks I didn't want to get too excited if I'm already dialted. Since its a 10 mile drive and I drive a Tahoe, and with gas the way it is, I tried to plan a lot into the day. Midwife appt., lunch at a natural cafe, playdate with best friend, grocery store, met my sister back at the cafe for tea, and drove home. DS fell asleep in the car! He's been up since 5:45 so I'm not surprised. Oh, and my mom and sister hired my sister's housekeeper to clean my house on April 25th! They were gonna come up and clean themselves, but instead after they're done cleaning, we're all gonna go get lunch and take our kids to the park. I'm looking forward to having professionals do a deep clean. So excited! Now if only the exterior of the house and interior could be clean at the same time, that would be awesome :)

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#63 of 74 Old 04-13-2011, 03:00 PM

Wow, I drop by and everyone has happy news! Happy to hear the happiness, SallyNichole, MamaChef, Mama_mich, Ideliberato and Jr's Mom! :)

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#64 of 74 Old 04-13-2011, 04:05 PM

Mrs Bone, I am super duper jealous of your housecleaning gift!!  Last time we had cleaners come (it just so happened I was going into labour while they were cleaning, great timing!) but they charged me an arm and a leg (more than they should have, IMHO...they sent three people to clean two floors of my house, no bathrooms...I should have argued them down from that, but anyway it's water under the bridge, LOL!).  I'm not up for that expense this time, especially since we're not actually having the baby here...but wow, it would be nice for someone to gift it to us!!

With that said, I should go help clean the house :P  DH is tidying up bit by bit in preparation for the arrival of my parents tomorrow.  This means we now have in-house child care for whenever labour starts (we will head to the cottage for the birth, then my parents will follow a while after with our kids to await word at my brother's place a few minutes away from the cottage, and bring them over as soon as baby is out...at least, that's the plan!).  And baby is pointed in the right direction, confirmed at another chiro appointment this afternoon.  And I'm 37 weeks tomorrow.  And all the stuff for the birth is not completely packed up, but it is assembled in piles that could be thrown into laundry baskets at a moment's notice.  So as far as I'm concerned....come on out baby, asap!!! :)  I am not holding my breath, though - baby is floating high up today.  Was feeling much lower earlier in the week.  So he/she doesn't seem intent on making a big appearance quite yet.

#65 of 74 Old 04-14-2011, 04:51 AM

SO happy to hear all the good news! I get my GBS results on Monday.

36 weeks today! I'm SO SO SO excited! My 12 year old sister is going to start staying with us M-F so she can help me with the kids. It's gonna be a HUGE help!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#66 of 74 Old 04-14-2011, 06:29 AM

Yay for everyone! Got my GBS results back - also negative - whoohoo!

Baby is loooooowwwww. Had a yucky stomach bug this past weekend, but besides that, all is great. Have all the baby clothes and dipes washed, bassinet set up and ready to go, all the homebirth stuff at the ready, and work paperwork complete. Can't WAIT to meet him! My boss and the head of our HR department gave me a shower gift (work had a surprise shower for me last week - super sweet) of a newborn photography shoot with an awesome local photographer - I can't wait for that either :)

37 w 4 days!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#67 of 74 Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 AM

got a bunch of natural easter egg candy to share in the easter egg hunt for my playgroup. Hoping to have a completely natural easter basket for 2 year old DS. :) For anyone interested, I got natural peppermint patties sweetened with honey, Honees(honey candy), Yummy earth gummy worms, Ians gluten free chocolate wafer cookies, and some natural gummy bears. The only thing that might sneak in there that's not natural are Peeps since they're my favorite :) So fun! We are helping out with an Easter egg hunt in our community this Saturday then going to a birthday party for a 4 and 2 year old after that. I still need to go buy presents for them. Should be a crazy busy weekend!

Also, I don't know if it's just nesting kicking in finally or what but suddenly all the little messes that DH leaves around the house, and has for years(it's improved, but not that much) is driving me crazy. It's like all of a sudden I expect him to see every mess and clean it up right away, but I know he won't! I'm just hoping that magically after DD arrives he'll be more conscious of his part in the mess. Who knows!? Certainly not a dealbreaker, but very frustrating on my part. I have a feeling he's really going to step it up for the first week or 2 of DD's arrival, simply because he'll have to, but once he returns to work, he's away from the mess all day and doesn't have to think about it like I do. I'm a clean up your mess right when it happens kinda gal(even in the kitchen I clean as I cook) and he's more of the mindset of cleaning up messes weeks later. He does it eventually but it takes him way longer than I'm comfortable with. I guess that's part of being married, you don't always get things to go the way you want them!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#68 of 74 Old 04-14-2011, 01:22 PM

Jumping in super late here!  I've been MIA...  we just moved halfway across the country and are still living amongst boxes and trying to get settled in.  I found a midwife here and am so thankful to still be planning our first homebirth!  I want to start getting things ready for baby...  setting up the bedroom, washing diapers & clothes...  but I still have so much to do as far as unpacking and getting the rest of the house situated first.  I'm definitely hitting the third trimester fatigue, which is super frustrating because there is so much to do around here.  And I can't lift boxes or move furniture on my own.  Hoping to finish settling in this weekend while DH is home to help.  

One of my midwives is going to send me some information on massage therapists and chiropractors in the area.  My back has been killing me!  I'm hoping a visit with one or the other will bring me some relief.  Lord knows I need to relax a little here, so a massage at this point would be heavenly.  

Hoping to be more active in here now that our internet is up and running and things are somewhat settling down.  smile.gif

#69 of 74 Old 04-14-2011, 01:35 PM

Hi All!

Been MIA here too. Just very busy with DD(4), hubby possibly being laid off soon, major nesting, still working PT and decided to take an online course which ends in JUNE- WHAT was I thinking???!!! LOL but it is a great class and I am really enjoying it I just have to catch myself from procrastinating with baby stuff and do my Homework!!

I am feeling good this week, last week felt like I was swollen, huge and uncomfortable pelvic pain/burning but this week I turned a corner and maybe because the end is in sight (37 weeks Saturday!) I just feel more energy and trying to enjoy this last bit.

I spent the last few weeks making freezer meals, finally decided we will try for a homebirth!! and constantly cleaning/organizing.  I am going to spend the vacation week, finishing up organizing and hopefully doing some fun things with DD and DH to enjoy our time as a threesome.

I got a massage a few weeks ago - heavenly- so want to try to schedule one more. Plus my Massage Therapist just got certified to be a Labor Doula, and since my lovely doula from #1 is on maternity leave, we are going to talk about her possibly being my doula. The massages will surely be a bonus!

Anyone else get really, really hungry spur of the moment lately? Last few days I get caught by a feeling of being starving even once I woke up at 9:30 after falling asleep early and was sooooo hungry I had to have a few pretzels and cottage cheese to get back to sleep.

Best wishes to all!!

#70 of 74 Old 04-14-2011, 06:30 PM

Made it through my last 13 hour day (mostly on my feet) seeing patients.  It only gets easier from here!  Next week I'm only going in for a few hours here and there, mostly just meetings with staff.  Yay! 

Tomorrow I'm not doing anything!  I'm going to sit in a chair with my feet up.  My DH will leave me with the kids for about 3 hours while he takes our van to have it detailed.  He has to wait there with it because we don;t have another car big enough to hold all of us to just drop the van off and leave it!  Kind of funny I think!  Hopefully the kids are easy on me!  If not I will resort to cartoons!  That should work!

I hope to feel well enough this weekend to get more stuff done around the house.  There's lots of organizing that needs to be done. I have the desire now to nest, but just not the energy.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#71 of 74 Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 PM

Just had my own 13 hr day - how do we do it?! Long day at work then long client dinner. Ugh - and in meetings with same client until 3pm tomorrow. I don't wanna!!!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#72 of 74 Old 04-14-2011, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Tomorrow is my second to last day of work. I'm going in for a little bit next Wednesday but tomorrow is really the finish of it all. I'm not going to be returning to work, so this is my last day for a long, long time. It's sort of bitter sweet.

And just a little side note- It's amazing how people are passively judgmental that I'm not planning on returning to work. and I'm not talking about work people, I'm talking about friends and family. People lead with the question/assumption of when I'll be going back and when I tell them I'm not and the reason I'm not they give me the "really?" look. I really hate that.

#73 of 74 Old 04-15-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyNichole View Post

And just a little side note- It's amazing how people are passively judgmental that I'm not planning on returning to work. and I'm not talking about work people, I'm talking about friends and family. People lead with the question/assumption of when I'll be going back and when I tell them I'm not and the reason I'm not they give me the "really?" look. I really hate that.

I know! I got that a lot when I said I wouldn't be going back to work after my first. My family thought I was crazy, but then they just tell me I'm lucky that I can afford it.

Honestly, I think a lot of people could afford it. It's about where your priorities are. We don't have a lot of money, but I want to be home with my kids and raise them up. And then going from a more practical standpoint, I couldn't afford daycare if I went to work at this point. Also, if you are planning to breastfeed; it is WAY easier when you can be with your baby all the time. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#74 of 74 Old 04-15-2011, 08:07 AM

I just got back from the doctor. The baby has been measuring 2 weeks behind for the past 2 appointments (so it is growing) so I am going in for an ultrasound on the 29th. So, they are going to push my GBS test back to the 13th of May which is fine with me. hahaha.

The NP didn't seem too concerned with the baby being small since both of my kids were small as were my husband and I at birth. Also, the baby stays balled up on the right side of my uterus so the tape measure going down my belly button wasn't on the biggest part of my belly.  My husband is, of course, freaking out though.

My baby shower is tomorrow so that will be fun!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page