Baby Clothes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 04-10-2011, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone found any good spring and summer baby clothes?  I'd prefer to shop online.  I'm looking for 0-3mo. and 3-6mo. girls clothes.   I'm sick of The Children's Place, Gymboree, Zulilly, Old Navy, Gap.  Any ideas? 

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#2 of 17 Old 04-10-2011, 03:53 PM

I found some nice bright/plain stuff at americanapparel.com (sp?). Nice tees and sleep gowns.

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#3 of 17 Old 04-10-2011, 06:38 PM

I do a lot of my baby clothes shopping at http://gilt.com/children. It's a temporary sale site for designer brand name stuff for much cheaper. The sales only last for a few days and they have limited supplies of the various items/sizes, but you get really good deals. I've bought almost all my baby clothes from there.

I also like http://www.janieandjack.com.

#4 of 17 Old 04-10-2011, 07:23 PM
tzs

target mostly....but because we have so many clothes already i limit the amount i would spend on something to $5, and it better be cute....so for that you have to go to the store.

surprisingly enough.....walmart. their stuff seems to be either hideous or adorable beyond what you would expect. my 18 month old is rocking a pair of stretch skinny jeans with cuffs that we got there for $3.50 full price (in every future size as well!) that look like we could have spent $20 at the gap.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#5 of 17 Old 04-10-2011, 07:24 PM
tzs

oh also crazy8 usually has cute stuff and sales but i haven't checked in a while.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#6 of 17 Old 04-10-2011, 07:36 PM

If you don't mind gently used items you should really try ThreadUp.com. It's a great way to get clothes for pretty cheap and to get rid of clothes once your child has gotten too big for them.

#7 of 17 Old 04-11-2011, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelgeek View Post

I do a lot of my baby clothes shopping at http://gilt.com/children. It's a temporary sale site for designer brand name stuff for much cheaper. The sales only last for a few days and they have limited supplies of the various items/sizes, but you get really good deals. I've bought almost all my baby clothes from there.

I also like http://www.janieandjack.com.

That first link wouldn't work for me.  I'm anxious to take a look though!

Thanks everyone for the ideas!  I may do some online shopping today.  I also may stop by an outlet mall tomorrow after my doctor's visit.  Carter's usually has cute and inexpensive summer stuff and pajamas.  I'm just not one that likes to go out shopping usually.  I do like to find good deals online though!

#8 of 17 Old 04-11-2011, 06:21 AM

Wish I could help, but I tend to stick with target and walmart. I've only bought one thing though for this baby, since we have so much from DS and they were same-season babies.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#9 of 17 Old 04-11-2011, 11:35 AM

Ditto. We stick to Walmart (since that's all there is here) and thrift shops for gently used clothing. Can't see spending too much on any one outfit when they outgrow everything so fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca_howell View Post

Wish I could help, but I tend to stick with target and walmart. I've only bought one thing though for this baby, since we have so much from DS and they were same-season babies.

#10 of 17 Old 04-11-2011, 12:06 PM

I like Carter's and OshKosh (sister sites, same shipping). We are trying thredup for the first time. There is an earth day link floating around, and if you sign up through it you get a free box.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#11 of 17 Old 04-11-2011, 05:35 PM

I've had a hard time finding cute baby boy clothes this time. So much of what's out there looks cheap or ugly to me. I've been able to find things here and there over the last few months, but it's been pretty hit or miss and mainly brands you said you were tired of.... Children's Place, Old Navy, Carters, Gap.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#12 of 17 Old 04-12-2011, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighPF View Post

I like Carter's and OshKosh (sister sites, same shipping). We are trying thredup for the first time. There is an earth day link floating around, and if you sign up through it you get a free box.

The thing that irritates me about Carter's is that there is usually a coupon out for an in-store discount that can't be used online.  I feel like I'm paying more if I order online.  Even though Iprefer the convenience, I can't bring myself to do it.  I know I'm crazy!

#13 of 17 Old 04-12-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post

try this.  you have to become a member (like at zulily) first and then you gain access.  in fact, i think you have to request membership first.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#14 of 17 Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post

You may have to go to http://gilt.com first. It's a sign in only site, so you have to be logged in to see any of the sales.

#15 of 17 Old 04-12-2011, 01:32 PM

I know about Carter's. I usually wait and hit up the outlets and use the coupon on the next size or two and buy everything at once.

Mostly we do second had clothes and since I find such great stuff I have a hard time paying any retail.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#16 of 17 Old 04-12-2011, 02:05 PM

I do mostly 2nd hand, hand-me-downs, or thrift store shopping for my kids clothes.  There's a great thrift store by me, I find Children's Place clothes there all the time for dirt cheap.  I've got some of the cutest clothes from the thrift store.  Either that or I like Target's clearance.

Vegetarian broc1.gifmother to wave.gif(3/09) peace.gif  (11/10) and belly.gif(4/13)

#17 of 17 Old 04-12-2011, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I was able to thrift everything but infant socks and hats. Those I bought at Walmart. 

A friend of mine from Portland was able to send me a hipster silkscreen onesie so bebe will have one supa fly outfit. I did score from thrifting a carter's hungry caterpillar onesie which I adore, as well as some Beatrix Potter and Winnie the Pooh clothing. Those are my top three favorites so I feel blessed.

I can't wait to dress baby Alexander. joy.gif

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page