Bright spots in an otherwise miserable pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2011, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm tired of whining to myself about all the physical and emotional ailments of this pregnancy.  Anyone else have funny or sweet moments from an awful pregnancy?

1.  My son patting and kissing my belly when I ask him where baby sister is.

2.  DH telling me how "delicate" I look when pregnant with a girl.

3.  DH telling me I basically looked like a goblin while pregnant with ds.

4.  The moment of awe when we realized all of our expectations were out the window as the u/s tech said "it's a girl!"

5.  The name, we love love love the name and we AGREED INSTANTLY on it!

6.  DH stopping at McD's to get me an ice cream cone, and apologizing that they're stingier with the soft serve in this economy.

7.  The look on my neighbors' faces when I went up to the laundry room wearing my husband's t-shirt emblazoned with "BIG GUY"

Still-learning wife to long-suffering and wonderful DH and manoula to DS #1 (8/09), an angel baby (7/10), and DD #1 due May 29!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 05:24 AM

I had one just yesterday. DD told me, "Mommy, I'm ready for Josiah to be out of your tummy. I want to hold him and kiss him!"

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 04-11-2011, 06:19 AM

The other night, I was having a difficult time getting out of a recliner and my 6 yr old was just looking at me funny.  I said, "It's getting hard to move with this big baby in me."  He said, "Well, you don't know how hard it is waiting for the baby!" 

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 04-11-2011, 06:58 AM

DD asked me last week if her little sister would be at her birthday party (end of april).  it was so sweet... i hated to tell her no :)

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 AM

Oh, my DH's understanding heart! He's been so great helping with the kids, "letting" me get by with bare minimum housework, even being understanding about intimacy and my inability to stay up past 10 lately. I don't remember him being this great with my other pregnancies, but I'm sure he was. He's just been great this time, and a relief when I already feel like a bad mom/wife.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 04-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Great idea, because lately I have been feeling extra miserable.

So some good things:

-had a photo friend take some maternity pics over the weekend and they looked like they are going to turn out great (I don't have any nice pregnancy photos from my first pregnancy)

-the one night Dh had a belly tapping "conversation" with the baby (it was cute how into it he was)

-Ds telling me what gender the baby is and picking a really random name to insist on calling the baby. :)

-my hair actually looks healthy and pretty (must be the hormones cause usually its a pita!)

-seeing the babies bum poke way out of my belly! :)

Old 04-11-2011, 03:44 PM

* DS Telling me how he will play the mobile to help his sister sleep. If that doesn't work he said he'd sing her to sleep.

* DS and DH laying their heads on my tummy to feel the baby's kicks.

* DS being happy that the baby's car seat is next to his because he wants to sit by his sister.

* The name - we saved it for EIGHT YEARS and we can finally use it (and we still love it as much now as we did then)

* Hearing that she's a girl. We have to admit we were hoping for a girl just because this probably is our last child.

* Talking with DH and musing when she'll be born and who she'll look like.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:47 PM

The midwives telling me that this baby has a really firm bum! Hee!

My grandma asking me what a pregnancy test was. I asked her how she knew she was pregnant, and she said she got a side view of herself in the mirror!

Realizing that my DH doesn't care if I throw up so hard I pee on him, he still loves me and will deal with my fluids without complaint. I got a winner!

Feeling curvy and goddessy for the first time in my life.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamineNoir View Post

-Ds telling me what gender the baby is and picking a really random name to insist on calling the baby. :)

My DS (3yrs old at the time) did this with my last pregnancy.  As soon as he found out we were having a baby, he said it's a girl (he was right) and named her "Nino."  We called her Nino the whole time I was pregnant!  He was disappointed for a couple weeks after her birth that we "changed" her name!  So cute!

BTW, he was also right about our second baby being a boy, so he has a good track record.  This time he didn't make a prediction--just a statement that if it's not a boy he won't like it.  He's in a girl vs. boy phase at the moment.  We're likely having a girl according to an ultrasound, but he's still holding out on the off chance that they're wrong.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 04-11-2011, 06:38 PM

I love being able to indulge in laying down and relaxing any time of the day without anyone thinking a thing about it. I've also had a lot of people tell me I'm all baby this time which makes me feel good that I haven't gained a lot anywhere else.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:25 AM

Ok this thread totally made me tear up!  I have had such a miserable time that this was good to read.  Here are mine:  DH rubbing my back every night (almost) even when I don't ask him too.  My DD coming up with a nickname for our baby - we are calling her Cassidy and she calls her Quesadilla - so funny.  DD telling everyone there is a sister in mommy's belly.  Due to gestational diabetes I haven't gained nearly as much weight as with DD - but I do SO miss goodies.  Feeling a wild child in my tummy, she moves waaay more than DD did.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn252 View Post
My DD coming up with a nickname for our baby - we are calling her Cassidy and she calls her Quesadilla - so funny. 

Adorable!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:25 AM

1. My mom telling me what a great mom she thinks I'll be.

2. DH getting all chocked up when he watches sweet videos of dads and daughters

3. The superhero feeling I got the first time I figured out that my breasts were making colostrum

4. Hearing my in-laws and my brother-in-law argue over who gets to babysit.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:56 AM

Husband moments:

• coming home with ice cream randomly or coconut water (or whatever I craved last)
  • telling me I'm pretty all the time and saying things like 'SEXY BELLY' when he sees me naked
  • random foot rubs
  • telling me he can't wait until the baby is out so he can share him too
  • just knowing that he's going to be an awesome Dad

Friend & family moments:

• all the nice comments and support
  • general excitement

Work moments:

• people telling me they're going to miss me
  • all the mellowness surrounding my extended maternity leave

Old 04-13-2011, 08:00 PM

I am miserable, but here are the good parts...

• kids love running up and touching my tummy and saying baby's name.
  • When I say ouch cuz baby is kicking extra hard - my kids come running to kiss my owie.
  • the excitement my kids have over having a baby
  • I showed my kids a couple birth videos to prepare for a home birth with them there and it's hilarious when I ask where the baby will come out - my oldest squats a little and puts his hands between his legs and grunts. LOL! 

There could be more but, I can't think of it. :) I am trying to appreciate the kicks and stuff as I am not planning on having any more children. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 04-14-2011, 06:16 PM
tzs

i have really been trying to come up with something for here but the best i can do is "i like the taste of tums."

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
Old 04-14-2011, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzs View Post

i have really been trying to come up with something for here but the best i can do is "i like the taste of tums."

Poor mama!  I liked the first few hundred tums, too. 

Still-learning wife to long-suffering and wonderful DH and manoula to DS #1 (8/09), an angel baby (7/10), and DD #1 due May 29!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:45 PM
tzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzunel09 View Post

Poor mama!  I liked the first few hundred tums, too. 

ha ha! luckily they have different flavor options! we're headed into passover on monday night though so that means over a week without them.....yikes!

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")

User Tag List