Sore sore belly.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 04-11-2011, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone else have an incredibly sore belly? I'm 37 weeks on Thursday and my belly especially under my belly button hurts so bad I can hardly imagine going much longer. I feel like I'm gonna split in two! I don't remember this at all with DD.

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#2 of 15 Old 04-12-2011, 09:29 AM

Do you think you might have a diastasis? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diastasis_recti

If so, try to avoid lifting anything.  When getting up from laying, roll to your hands and knees and get up that way instead of tensing your tummy muscles.

#3 of 15 Old 04-12-2011, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

I have heard of that before..but I don't think that's what I have. It's actually my skin.  It just feels so sore to the touch because it's so super stretched. I carried more around my whole body with DD..but this one is right straight out in front and I think my skin is just stretched way more.  :/

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#4 of 15 Old 04-12-2011, 11:35 AM

My belly is sore when I stand or walk for any length of time. The actual muscles feel really sore. I think it is just a lot of weight to support. I could probably have gotten one of the support belt things but I'm cheap. It sometimes helps to wear a belly band. 

Thankfully I don't have any ouchie tummy stretching going on. It's pre-stretched from my really badly overweight first pregnancy. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#5 of 15 Old 04-12-2011, 11:59 AM

I just get an on/off crampy feeling in my lower stomach that can seem pretty intense.  It started about a week or so ago and I think baby had a big growth spurt and is moving into a lower position. For me it feels like a steady menstrual cramp that doesn't let up. 

My body and stomach feel like they are being pulled down.

#6 of 15 Old 04-12-2011, 12:18 PM

^ sounds like some of the prelabor contractions (or somewhat painful BH.)

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#7 of 15 Old 04-12-2011, 12:22 PM

I am just having intense almost constant pressure. It's not like BH, cause those come and go here and there, it just feels like baby doesn't fit anymore and my skin doesn't want to stretch. I have been sooo uncomfortable for the past three days. 

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#8 of 15 Old 04-12-2011, 04:29 PM

Mine is but for different reasons.  No tightness of the skin.  With pregnancy #6 I dont think I have to worry about my belly skin ever being tight again, loll.

I do have a diastasis or however its spelled.  Got it during my 4th pregnancy and it didnt bother me with last since I was smaller but it is bothering me a bit this time.

I also have several round ligaments on each side really low that I keep injuring and pulling with the slightest activity.  Every time I do, it hurts the rest of the day.

Also, I have symphasis pubis dysfunction.  Doesnt hurt the belly but the pelvis and inner legs.  Just another thing that makes it hard to get around.  I am feeling like I qualify for a handicap sticker now days. Today I got up, walked around just long enough to load dishwasher and I already couldnt breath with baby under my ribs, felt dizzy, and it hurt to walk. I went back to bed till 1 pm, haha.  Thank goodness it was DH's off day.  Normally he may have made a comment about me sleeping so long but I think he just went with it since he intended to spend hours in the xbox and knew I would say something about it if I was up, haha.  Gotta give any man a hard time to plays video games hours at a time lately during his time off.  He did get our 15 month old out and played a little ball in the yard with him while I laid in bed crying feeling sorry for myself curing pregnancy.  So that was good.

My only solace is the hot bath I take 2 or 3 times a day, haha.  Thank goodness our water is included in rent. 

Jynuine likes this.

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#9 of 15 Old 04-12-2011, 04:50 PM

DDCC-

Tara- I just had to stop and say hello and I'm so happy to hear you're doing so well. We were in the TTC in our 20s group together and I knew you'd had a loss and we were so devastated for you. After getting pregnant I didn't frequent the TTC group anymore and hadn't heard anything about you. Now I just happened to see this thread and your name and I'm just so happy things have worked out for you. I hope you have an easy delivery soon! Wishing you all the best!

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif
#10 of 15 Old 04-13-2011, 04:17 PM

I am REALLY sore too, but this is my 7th full term kiddo. Mostly it's because my pubic bone is separated and im just sore all around, but my ligaments are WAY tight. I feel like my hips are being held on with rubberbands in the back... Im figuring from pintching because it's wider in front.

Justus is a freaking GRASSHOPPER and since he has a 4 bedroom mansion in there, he likes to hang out my right side. His bottom usually pokes up at the top of my uterus pushing against my rib cage and it feels like my uterus and muscles there are bruised. My ligaments below will have burning sharp long lasting pains too as he drops and goes back up again. I can always tell when his head is engaged because I get cervical stabs that make me gasp and the inside of my nerves in my thighs buzz and cause my legs to buckle. Fun times!!!

-Jyn, Blessed mom of Abbie ('99), Gracie ('00), AngelBaby ('01), Danny ('02), Jacob ('03), Eva Bella ('06), Angel-Baby2 ('07), Emmalia ('09), Justus John Mark ('11), Jude Ellias Due 7-16-13

#11 of 15 Old 04-13-2011, 04:49 PM

So the pressure stopped last night and now my belly is numb in the middle. Which is evidently because you have so few nerve endings on your stomach that it can stretch them far enough to have spots where you can't really feel. I mean I kind of can, but it's like when something falls slightly asleep and you touch it can you can kind of feel it but it feels distant and weird. Make any sense. I guess a lot of that pressure was in fact stretching. Never a dull moment with this little wriggle monkey in here.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#12 of 15 Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 PM

That's good!!! I have dead spots all over my belly from major gall bladder surgery 7 1/2 mos pregnant with my first... so I can TOTALLY relate there! We only have a few more weeks to go!!!

-Jyn, Blessed mom of Abbie ('99), Gracie ('00), AngelBaby ('01), Danny ('02), Jacob ('03), Eva Bella ('06), Angel-Baby2 ('07), Emmalia ('09), Justus John Mark ('11), Jude Ellias Due 7-16-13

#13 of 15 Old 04-17-2011, 11:01 PM

I have the worst, most painful numb spot along the upper part of my belly. It showed up when I was pregnant with my last baby, just as I started getting really huge... and it disappeared several weeks after birth. Now it's back! From the outside it's numb and 'sore' feeling, from the inside it's INTENSELY painful when baby moves against it. Best way I can describe it is like the muscles feel dead and mushy in that spot and whenever baby drags her limbs around that area, or pokes directly into it, the pain is bad enough to make me yaulp. Ouch!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#14 of 15 Old 04-18-2011, 05:02 AM

Just a few weeks... just a few weeks.,,

I tell DH that I hurt from my ribcage down. Lower ribs, back, hips, pubic bone, belly, waist, knees are loose and keep locking up (I have a bad knee), ankles swollen and loose. I'm just ready for my baby to be here!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#15 of 15 Old 04-18-2011, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaRN View Post

DDCC-

Tara- I just had to stop and say hello and I'm so happy to hear you're doing so well. We were in the TTC in our 20s group together and I knew you'd had a loss and we were so devastated for you. After getting pregnant I didn't frequent the TTC group anymore and hadn't heard anything about you. Now I just happened to see this thread and your name and I'm just so happy things have worked out for you. I hope you have an easy delivery soon! Wishing you all the best!

HI ERICA!! I am so glad you found me and popped in to say hi!! :)  How sweet of you!! I hope you are doing well too!! You just had your baby right? Do you have a link to your birth story or anything!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post

So the pressure stopped last night and now my belly is numb in the middle. Which is evidently because you have so few nerve endings on your stomach that it can stretch them far enough to have spots where you can't really feel. I mean I kind of can, but it's like when something falls slightly asleep and you touch it can you can kind of feel it but it feels distant and weird. Make any sense. I guess a lot of that pressure was in fact stretching. Never a dull moment with this little wriggle monkey in here.

Ohhh yeah.  My belly is numb as well. All around my belly button..and it feels exactly like you described. I can basically FEEL it..but it is definitely the way you described.  Sooo strange! Never had that with my first.

I'll be 38 weeks on Thursday.  I think this baby will come sometime next week.  That's my "feeling".  Let's hope it's not much longer. Sleeping is getting harder and harder every night!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page