What is your plan for wipes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-13-2011, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have some flannel wipes left over from ds and my Mom made some more new ones for the babe I just found my most fav wipe solution recipe and thought I would share...

Anti-Fungal Baby Wipes

• 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
  • 1 tablespoon calendula oil
  • 2 drops lavender or chamomille oil
  • 2 drops tea tree oil or grape seed extract.

Mix in a jar and then pour over wipes. Store extra solution in the fridge. You could also put some in a small spray bottle for on the go.

This one is great for discouraging yeast diaper rashes because the vinegar and essential oils discourage yeast growth.

Instead of water I would brew some calendula tea and use instead.  I guess you could use calendula / chamomille tea too super soothing and great smelling!!  DS was prone to yeast but I think this would work for any situation.  I swear I had a recipe that called for witch hazel?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2011, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

1 cup water

1 tbsp white vinegar

1/4 cup aloe vera gel

1 tbsp calendula oil

2 drops lavender oil or chamomille oil

2 drops tea tree oil or grape seed extract

Old 04-13-2011, 05:52 AM

When we use cloth (we are probably going to use 7th gen dipes until he gets into the small FB), we just wet the wipes with water. I have tried cloth wipe solution before, but it either caused a reaction with my kids' skin (DD--super sensitive skin) or it was used to heal a reaction they were already having (DS's reaction to Oxy Clean cleared up with using a solution of witch hazel, water and a few drops of lavender EO).

When we're using disposables, I've found some organic bamboo cloth wipes that are chlorine free and use EOs/aloe at Walgreen's and I LOVE them!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 04-13-2011, 08:08 AM

I have a good number of wipes from my previous kiddos but bought about a dozen new wipes- flannel/velour combo from quilter's nappies.  They are beautiful.  My tried and true wipes solution has been Baby Bits.  I just dissolve them in boiling water an pour on the wipes that I store in a standard wipes container or my wipe warmer.  We had some mild yeast issues with both my girls but I've always overcome by adding a drop or two vinegar and one drop TTO.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 AM

I just made another 3 doz flannel/terry wipes to add to the over 3 doz that we still use with DS.  I love that wipe solution recipe- we use a very similar one and it has always worked great.  We have been using wipes for diaper area but they have also become necessary in the kitchen too for ds's meals.  I love them!  Easy to make and easy to clean with 101 uses.

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

Old 04-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Banned

We just store our wipes dry, and keep a bottle of solution in a pump bottle. Our solution is a tiny bit of California Babies baby shampoo in water. We've never had problems and I have used it on two kids.

We have a tub of 7th Generation disposable wipes for the super nasty poops.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:26 AM

We'll be using the wipe stash we already had leftover from the last 2 babies. I think I have about 3 dozen, and they are all either velour/velour or velour/terry. They are super, super soft after being used on 2 kids. I wet them at the sink that's by the changing table. For messy toddler diapers I would sometimes squirt a bit of baby bath or lotion on a wet wipe to freshen him up a bit, but I think I want to try some Kissaluv Diaper Spray instead.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 AM

I simply wet my cloth wipes under the sink, squeeze out the excess and fold them nice and store them in a container for use. I only put enough wipes for about a day or 2 to keep it from getting moldy. It's worked fine. I don't like anything too complicated. :)

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 04-13-2011, 11:08 AM

water, mild baby soap, lavendar essential oil, baby oil (I use little twig).  I don't really measure, mix up in plastic wipes container, throw my dry wipes in and squeeze out excess.  Replace every 2 days. 

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

It was so fun heading to my local shop to pick up the ingredients and other bits of healing awesomeness!  I am so happy I am getting back into making my own things.  Yeah for making your own!!

Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 AM

Ooh Thanks for this thread! I have 34 cloth wipes and a warmer, but beyond that I was kinda like ... so what now? Great ideas!

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 AM

I bought a bunch of velour/terry and flannel wipes and will likely do solution of water, a bit of calendula oil, couple of drops of lavender oil. We'll be ec-ing, too, so we'll often be just be doing a quick rinse in the sink. I've never ec'd with a boy before - nervous!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!

User Tag List