April 15-21 Chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Go!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#2 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Is anyone else having issues with numb legs? If I stand or walk for longer than 5-10 minutes, my legs start going numb at the hip joint. It's not a good feeling!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#3 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 06:24 AM

Yay!  Another chat thread.  We're getting closer and closer!  I predict someone in our May DDC will have a baby before this one comes to an end! 

Good start to my day...  I woke up a little after 6am even though I could have slept as long as I wanted today.  I woke DH up too so he could get me breakfast.  Good guy!  He went out and got me donuts and a decaf latte!  I didn't even know we had a donut shop nearby, but he had seen one that recently opened up and they were delicious!  What a treat!

I'm going to take a shower, put on sweat pants and not even blowdry my hair.  Today is my day to do nothing other than enjoy hanging out with the kids!  Yay!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#4 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 08:16 AM

becca I have been getting that a little but only when I stand in certain positions. I was brushing my teeth and leaning forward slightly and my leg started to tingle and I realized it was going numb and turning slightly purple. Fun times.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#5 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 08:45 AM

I accidentally posted in last thread so I will re post my message.

I just got back from the doctor. The baby has been measuring 2 weeks behind for the past 2 appointments (so it is growing) so I am going in for an ultrasound on the 29th. So, they are going to push my GBS test back to the 13th of May which is fine with me. hahaha.

The NP didn't seem too concerned with the baby being small since both of my kids were small as were my husband and I at birth. Also, the baby stays balled up on the right side of my uterus so the tape measure going down my belly button wasn't on the biggest part of my belly.  My husband is, of course, freaking out though.

My baby shower is tomorrow so that will be fun!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#6 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 09:14 AM

I'm 36 weeks and one day today! I don't feel this guy will come out early. And as I'm working until May 1st, plus my doula is coming on May 7th - I've pretty much told him he's not *allowed* to come out until the 7th. :)

I had a great talk with my boss yesterday. I've been having some personality issues with one of the people at work that was making me nervous about how the company is going to be operating upon my return, but he told me that by then we'll likely have a prototyping department that he wants me to head up! So that made my minimal work stress completely go away.

Baby is still head down, occasionally likes to stretch his hands by his head and widen my pelvic area (which hurts!) and is still a little kicking storm. My husband and I went to a breast feeding class on Wednesday and are doing our newborn parenting class on Saturday, so this should be the last of the educational portions other than my regular centering prenatal visits. Feeling full of new mom knowledge.

I walk through some interesting parts of San Francisco on my way to and from work, and I've been getting all sorts of comments and shout-outs from the local homeless and/or crazy population lately. Had everything from congratulations through to ranting prophets telling me my baby's (very strange) future. One guy was awesome and told me I was having a girl (I'm not) and she would be the Prime Minister of Canada.

Hope everyone is feeling good. I know a lot of folks had a really hard last week.

#7 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 09:56 AM

May 7 sounds like a great day, reeelgeek.

My kids were both 2 weeks late but the last three people at my work to have babies went 3 weeks early so everyone (but me) is thinking I will follow the same trend.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#8 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca_howell View Post

Is anyone else having issues with numb legs? If I stand or walk for longer than 5-10 minutes, my legs start going numb at the hip joint. It's not a good feeling!

I've been getting leg and foot cramps.  Not fun!  My midwife said to pick up some magnesium, so I need to get out to the store tonight or tomorrow and get some.

jr's mom:  Sounds like an awesome start to a very relaxing day!  Enjoy!!

Evergreen:  Hope all is well with your little one!  Did you measure small with your other kids?  I measured small with DD, but she just ended up being a tiny girl - 6.5 lbs.  An ultrasound at about 40 weeks showed "low" amniotic fluid, so they went ahead and induced me.  I was young and they didn't do too great of a job filling me in on what was going on, so I often wonder how necessary the induction was.  Both DH and I were just under 6 lbs when we were born (though smoking and ridiculously low weight gain in the 70s probably had something to do with that...  eyesroll.gif).

reelgeek:  Sounds like a fun walk to and from work!  This baby has been SUPER active.  Often times it hurts...  I don't remember this much activity with my other kids.  

I'm hoping to get the rest of the apartment in order this weekend.  Today my plan is to work on our bedroom and closet.  So much stuff...  ugh.  And I have an insane amount of laundry that I'm catching up on.  Then hopefully I can start washing this little one's diapers and clothes and getting things all set up for his/her arrival.  I got rid of our yoga ball last year, so I need to pick one up when we head to the store.  I LOVED that thing during my labor with DS.  I'm still undecided on whether or not to do the birth tub rental.  I wanted to be moving around or on my feet my entire labor with DS, so I'm not sure how I'll feel this time around.  I'd hate to pay $100 for the thing and then only use it for a half hour or something.  Plus the set up and all that seem like a giant headache.  I figure I can always jump in the shower or tub here (though it's not very deep) if I feel like it.  Decisions, decisions...  

#9 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 11:04 AM

Becca- I haven't been getting the numb feeling but these sort of weird jolts down the inside of my left leg.  It doesn't go numb but when it happens I am sort of paralyzed from moving.  I think it's the baby's head pressing on a nerve.  Maybe the same for you.

ReelGeek- so glad those office politics are being ironed out now so you don't have to think about them while on your leave.

Evergreen- I'm in the same boat as you with measuring a bit small.... my vent below- LOL

AFM- Just came back from meeting with the "med-wife".  This is the lead midwife in this practice and she gives me no vibes that she trusts in natural birth.  Last week she measured my fundal height as 30 when it was larger 2 weeks prior.  I consulted with a local HB midwife and she measured me as 35 cms.  So.. today they have me go for a BPP u/s.  They check fluid level, blood flow to placenta, baby's movement and practice breathing and size.  I scored 8/8 so a very healthy scan.  However.... the midwife is saying that baby is in the 10th %ile for size.  Hmmm.... I am just 5 feet tall and super petite.  At 41 weeks, DD1 was 6lbs8oz.  Both my girls have really tiny heads (totally genetic)- like 10-20%ile.  With my prior 2 pregnancies I just stopped measuring for fundal height but baby did continue to grow weight wise.

Midwife says she wants me to go for a NST and another u/s next week.  If baby falls below 10th %ile they will want to induce.  I asked if she would take a copy of the charts from my past two pregnancies and also look at their birth stats and is she taking my size into account.  Not only did she not want to even see my charts she didn't want to take my own birth weight or of my nephews(also small but healthy) into account.   So.... I told her that I was not going with the tests next week as the only purpose is induction and the risks of needless induction far outweigh the need of her and the OB to "manage" this healthy pregnancy.  I go back in about 10 days so I'll be 38 weeks.  I am now left to switching to a HB midwife and dealing with the financial cost or putting on my boxing gloves for the next few visits to prevent needless procedures.  What really annoyed me was that the midwife hit a wall and started going on about "spontaneous stillbirth" and an "aging placenta" once I hit the end of pregnancy.  These scare/fear tactics are the whole reason I had a HB with DD2.  For now, that was round 1 and I expect next visit to be round 2.

#10 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 11:57 AM

I am just popping in to say hi. I've been a lurker around here for a little while. I am due with my second, a boy, May 4.

My DS will turn 2 this weekend.

This DDC should start popping out babies any day now, huh?

:)

#11 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 12:15 PM

Reelgeek- I work downtown so I get much less crazy, but there is a homeless guy on the corner near my building (that's his "job" and he is there every day) who is constantly full of advice on how to make sure my baby doesn't turn out like him. Which is sweet, I guess, but kind of disturbing. I have also gotten random ones of panhandlers telling me the sex or fortune of the baby and then demanding payment even though I'm not participating in the conversation with them. Such a colorful city. Do you take BART or Muni? I starting driving to work this week cause a woman basically hip checked me on BART to get to a seat before I could sit down and I just couldn't deal with the rudeness anymore. 

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#12 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 12:32 PM

I lost more plug today and lost some last night... but my big thing is that when I cough I get SHARP cervical stabbing pains. It has all but made me freak out about coughing and I think I might be getting a cold!!!

I have a LOT of nerve pains too on the inside of my thighs. I gasp out when he does it and Im thinking of really narrowing down my public time out, hahahaha!~ How embarassing... it happens on the phone too.

-Jyn, Blessed mom of Abbie ('99), Gracie ('00), AngelBaby ('01), Danny ('02), Jacob ('03), Eva Bella ('06), Angel-Baby2 ('07), Emmalia ('09), Justus John Mark ('11), Jude Ellias Due 7-16-13

#13 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 12:59 PM

KarenMT, I'm sorry you're dealing with putting on the boxing gloves.  Ack. :(  Are there other midwives there that you can see next time, who maybe aren't so fear-based?

Wow, I can't believe we have someone losing mucous plug.  WOOHOO! 

becca, I get that numbness.  It starts for me every pregnancy around 20 weeks, and just on the front of the left thigh by my hip, and is aggravated by standing for a while.  It's been better this pregnancy with regular ostepathic therapy, but it's still there from time to time.  Yesterday I was running around the house in a cleaning tizzy (my parents were arriving) and I started to feel numb and tingly on both sides.  It's such an odd and uncomfortable feeling.

#14 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 01:00 PM

Karen--Wow!  What stupidity!  If you have a 6 1/2 lound baby at 41 weeks why would they expect you to measure "average?"  Drives me nuts.  Sorry you are dealing with that.  I measure average to only 1cm ahead in fundal height and my babies are huge (10lbs +.)

Jyn-- I LOVE the name you've picked for your son!  We have many men named Justus going way back in my family and I wanted to pick that name for one of our boys, but I couldn't convince DH. I'd pick it for a girl too but spell it Justice, only DH won't agree to that either. 

My day has been pretty nice, but DH was gone over 4 hours, so I've not exactly been relaxing.  It's fun to be with the kids though!  They were so happy that it is raining so they could get outside to play with their new umbrellas!  They also made a "T.V. show" about a dragon trainer and his two dragons. They rehearsed it ahead of time too.  Even the 2 yr old played along.  We video taped it of course. Cute!  Then they made self-portraits for DH to judge when he got home.  I sure wasn't going to be the judge!

Jynuine likes this.

#15 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post

Jyn-- I LOVE the name you've picked for your son!  We have many men named Justus going way back in my family and I wanted to pick that name for one of our boys, but I couldn't convince DH. I'd pick it for a girl too but spell it Justice, only DH won't agree to that either. 

Yeah? It was sort of like that with the name Kaiya last time. I LOVED it and wanted it for my daughter but we ended up naming her Emmalia Antoinette. When we were studying Acts in the bible we heard the name 'Justus' and both my husband and I looked at each other at the same time and said I like that name. This was just after Emma was born so we had no clue we were going to get pregnant again so soon!

-Jyn, Blessed mom of Abbie ('99), Gracie ('00), AngelBaby ('01), Danny ('02), Jacob ('03), Eva Bella ('06), Angel-Baby2 ('07), Emmalia ('09), Justus John Mark ('11), Jude Ellias Due 7-16-13

#16 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 02:39 PM

Bluepetals- yes, at my next appt I am seeing one of the other 2 midwives in the practice.  She is fairly new so probably won't take as strong a stance with me. I've asked DH to come with me, even if just for moral support, to the next appts.  I know I can't force labor but I will definitely start to pull out the natural induction methods starting close to 39 weeks- EPO, castor oil and intercourse.  I would find it highly unlikely that they would allow me to go past 40 weeks and for my own peace of mind, I know there is a risk to go past when 40.  I'm going to ask at my next visit what their policy is on stripping of membranes.  That- combined with intercourse definitely worked with DD1.

Jyn- woohoo for losing your plug.  I think I lost mine just a day or so before both girls were born.

#17 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mija y mijo View Post

Evergreen:  Hope all is well with your little one!  Did you measure small with your other kids?  I measured small with DD, but she just ended up being a tiny girl - 6.5 lbs.  An ultrasound at about 40 weeks showed "low" amniotic fluid, so they went ahead and induced me.  I was young and they didn't do too great of a job filling me in on what was going on, so I often wonder how necessary the induction was.  Both DH and I were just under 6 lbs when we were born (though smoking and ridiculously low weight gain in the 70s probably had something to do with that...  eyesroll.gif).

Thank you. I always measured right where I should or a little ahead but I had home birth midwives before and so they seemed a bit less alarmist. None of us were over 7 lbs. Dh ws 6 lbs 2 oz, I was 6 lbs 7 oz, Dylan was 6 lbs 8 oz and Ava was 6 lbs 12 oz.

#18 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 02:47 PM

KarenMT- that sounds really frustrating. I am glad you are switching, though!

#19 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 03:43 PM

Well at this point Im at my witts end. I just got off the phone with the midwife and she all but told me "Sucks to be you, sorry". He is SO low Im having horrible stabbing pains... I cant even walk around. This is ridiculous!!!!!! UGH!

#20 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 04:06 PM

KarenMT -
That is part of the reason I'm going with a UC. It seems like every care provider I've come into contact with wants to mess with me or baby in ways I don't like and/or don't consider safe.

Good thing you are switching providers. That other lady sounds horrible! Totally frustrating!

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#21 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynuine View Post

Well at this point Im at my witts end. I just got off the phone with the midwife and she all but told me "Sucks to be you, sorry". He is SO low Im having horrible stabbing pains... I cant even walk around. This is ridiculous!!!!!! UGH!

Well, unfortunately, nothing she can do. I understand that is sucks though. Sometimes my baby bumps me in the cervix over and over and I end up having my knees sort of buckle and whimpering... yeah, embarrassing and painful.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#22 of 105 Old 04-15-2011, 05:43 PM

Ugh, Jyn. When are you due? Maybe the baby will come soon (if you are term.)

#23 of 105 Old 04-16-2011, 12:15 AM

Dude I'd be pissed if my midwife told me sucks to be you.

Oh man to be loosing mucus plug!!

Oh god really quick... My neighbor across the hall is like never here. I mean maybe she shows up the weekend. Now when she does come she comes with her boyfriend and his dog.  Unfortunatley I don't see her little girl much anymore.  We have built a nice little community here in my building.  I rent from the housing authority and the majority of my building is single moms and grandmas!! We are pretty familiar with each other for sure.  She is the only one I don't know!! Really bothers me.  I think of all the people who could seriously use an affordable place to live. And she treats it like a hotel.  Anyway when they are here they are so self centered rude.  They blast music, they bring the bar home with them at 2 am, they leave the fucking dog who has been barking since 12:00 (literally an hour straight of barking!!!!) and they used to smoke pot inside.  I have no problem with pot smoking but if I can smell it the smoke is getting into my little one's lungs... go out side!! Another neighbor and I bitched about it loud enough in the hall that they finally stopped.  She won't answer the door when I knock to talk about these things in a neighborly way.  I want to just call the housing authority.  Wow thanks for listening and still barking!!  If she were ever here she would know how thin the walls are!!!!  God its like I'm in bed with her and her boyfriend too....puke in my mouth!

Organizing is going well.  Forget what I said about socks.  Some how they multiplied in storage!!  I really loved just pulling some pieces and planning on getting rid of massive amounts of clothes.....be a girl!! I am so close getting my list done!!  I also throw a music festival so the planning of that is getting really busy.  I will be tabling at a local awesome Earth Day celebration this weekend promoting.  I booked the music for a wine tasting fund raiser for this weekend.  And Mason has a b'day party.  Going to be busy and tired and thinking of my list!!!

With the pains yes.  Mine is more like the femur falling out of the hip.  Now when the baby hits cervix and lower for punches and head butts I get a crazy horrible nerve / muscle pain down my inner thigh.  Yes all of these pains are really embarrassing!!  I had a major BH during my art history class thurs.  The poor girl next to me was so freaked.  It hurt so bad I couldn't talk to let her know I was ok.  I had to concentrate and breathe so as to not yelp out in pain!!

Whoa my god people are going to knock that door in and throw the dog outside!!  They're yelling at the dog and I'm sayin its not the dog!!  It's the owners!  I told them its almost 2 and the bar will close soon and then it will stop!  OK time to match up some socks and then hit the hay!!

#24 of 105 Old 04-16-2011, 01:25 AM

Update .... 2:24 and still barking!!!  I wish they would get home already. I think I'm waiting to say something to them.

Besides the hips and pain.... what the heck with the foot swelling.  My right one is worse than my left for sure.  It is amazing to me!!  Next thread... the swollen photo thread?

#25 of 105 Old 04-16-2011, 05:06 AM

Soggy, windy day today, but there is an Easter egg hunt this morning that the kids obviously really want to go to.  Maybe we'll go see Hop today too since we'll be out and about.

I'm still in a lot of pain with my fractured rib.  I reaggravated it with a sneeze yesterday and sleep was miserable.  I try to do without medication (now that I can) so I just laid in bed most of the night in pain.  Finally at 2:30 I woke my husband up to rub some more topical ointment in and I took some Tylenol.

I was having a lot of contractions last night (have been off and on for a while.)  But these were crampy sensations last night and back tightening more than the super tight uteruine BH contractions I've been having.  Hoping, hoping, hoping that this is a sigh labor is coming soon.  If I go into labor early I stand the best chance of a successful VBA3C.  The little rascal was moving all over the place while I lay there awake most of the night too.  I felt kicks in places that made me think she is spinning.  I'm sure she's still head down but am confused about how she can kick me so much on the right and left at the top, when previously it was all no the right--so I figured her butt was to the left.  She feels super high and the ease of her mobility makes me think that too.  That's my "problem."  They always stay high and never drop even when I'm in labor.

#26 of 105 Old 04-16-2011, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

Karen- Sorry for the medwife. I'm nervous I may have to stop going to appointments in a couple weeks for fear of being pushed into another c-section.

Jyn-:joy for the mucous plug! I understand the sharp cervical pains. I had some during mine and my mom's trip to JoAnn's yesterday, and had to stop and do some deep breathing. I think I scared my mom and sisters into thinking I was in labor. Sadly, there really isn't much to do.

Mama_mich- CALL. THE. POLICE! Find out the non-emergency number and give an anonymous tip that sound ordinances are being broken and pot is being smoked. I wouldn't put up with smelling pot, as yes it is going into your baby's respiratory system. To each his own on the pot thing, I think if it was legal I may try it for my anxiety, but the music is really crazy. I have a neighbor who plays music loud at night, and every time I call the non-emergency number.

AFM- this pregnancy can end.... now. I'm so disenchanted. I wrote this in another chatboard, so I'll just copy and paste it here...

Here I am. 36w2d of my third pregnancy. And I'm miserable. Tired, not sleeping well, in pain almost all the time, swollen feet, loose joints making me extremely clumsy, and just ready to not be pregnant anymore.

How I wish I was one of *those* women. You know, no bags under their eyes, always happy and perky. Let me tell you, I put on a good front most of the time (Bare Minerals' Well Rested is my new best friend). It just hurts to walk, hurts to turn over in bed, and I'm ready to be holding my baby boy!!

I think part of this disenchantment with my last few weeks of pregnancy has a lot to do with my disenchantment with my chiropractor. I've always heard about how much easier pregnancy was if you saw a chiropractor on a regular basis. Well, I've been going to a chiropractor regularly longer than I've been seeing someone for prenatal care, and I don't see much of a difference between now and my last pregnancy. My headaches are just as severe and when I leave there I'm often in more pain than I went in with. And before you ask, this isn't some ambulance-chasing whacko. This is a true chiropractor. She is very in to natural healing, knows the Webster technique, treats children from birth for things like ear infections, etc.

I don't know what to think. Maybe I just need to quit thinking. Just keep busy and quit sitting around feeling miserable.

It's not like I don't have a ton to keep me busy and my mind off the growing monster in my belly. I've finally made a pattern for mama cloth that is big enough to work for pp bleeding, and I'm working on those. I'm also working on making wool dryer balls. Both items I'm thinking of starting to sell for some extra money. DH makes good money, but I want to be able to bring in some extra money just because there's more that we want to do than we can with DH's income (clean up our credit, start investing in camping equipment, family vacations to Disney World and such, etc.).

On another sweet note, Jonas has all of a sudden become quite lovey. He's constantly climbing in my lap and demanding a kiss, a hug, or hugging, kissing my arm, belly, etc. I told DH last night I think he can sense the changes that are going to happen very soon. It breaks my heart because he's NOT a cuddler, but all of a sudden right now he wants to cuddle all the time. And of course, then there's the "all boy" in him that loves in his own special way... every now and then I think he's coming up to kiss me and he'll lick me. Silly boy!

Arianna keeps telling me she's ready for Josiah to be here. She told me she wants to hug and kiss him. They both talk to my belly and Josiah responds to their voices. I am so glad we waited so long before having a third. Arianna was 19 months to the day when Jonas was born and she didn't really understand what was going on until her daddy brought her into the nursery and said, "This is your brother." She warmed up fast, kissing him, insisting on holding him, but she wasn't quite involved in the pregnancy. She probably just thought Mommy was letting herself go! LOL

#27 of 105 Old 04-16-2011, 08:47 AM

Evergreen - girl that pic is hot!  Woo hoo!

I went to the doc yesterday and he said - anytime you're ready, come have a baby!  We'll receive you with open arms! :)  The full term blessing!  It's really um... started us thinking and moving in a bit of a different way!  DH is hustling around putting up some drapes and I'm "watching and helping" and catching up on mothering lol.  I am not that great at getting around right now.  I can do it but AWKWARD!

I've been a little crampy here and there.  Last night DH did a spur of the moment relaxation on me and I was crampy afterwards!  Very exciting.  I mean I'm technically 37 weeks on Monday so the doc visit was a nice thing.  

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#28 of 105 Old 04-16-2011, 12:03 PM

We sucessfully moved! New house is wonderful. Lots of room and a backyard finally. Everything went fine and I got to spend lots of time sitting in a comfortable chair telling people where to put things. Church people have been by today and yesterday and pretty much everything but my craft room/office and the baby clothes are all unpacked. I am so grateful for all the help and that everything has gone so well.

Midwife went over their 'birth plan' yesterday, when to call, when to come in etc. My favourite was that if I was still having a hard time deciding if contractions were baby coming now or not after a hot bath or shower, I should have a glass of wine and go lie down. If they stick around, it is baby time. I needed to buy beer for my post birth bag anyways so this was a nice little boost for that plan. Other than that the visit was all about make sure you don't leave to late and don't call in the middle of the night to chat about what may be going on. Still heads down, still curled up along one side or the other which is far more comfortable and makes me forget I am 9 months pregnant.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#29 of 105 Old 04-16-2011, 12:20 PM

Did the egg hunt.  The kids loved it!  Then I went to Carter's and picked up at least 16 summer outfits for baby in 3 mo, and 6 mo. sizes.  Actually one was 9 mo. because it looked perfect for Hawaii which we are planning next February.  I got it all for $100.  I think that's pretty good.  And I got a card for $10 off a future $10 or more purchase.  So I'll go back for pajamas for my other kids when I take inventory of what we need.  The funny thing is that DS6 went with me and DH told him (jokingly) to make sure mommy doesn't buy too much.  DS kept urging me to get more stuff, and when I reminded him of how daddy wanted him to be sure we didn't buy too much, he said, "But I don't care.  I just want you to be happy."  He'll make a good husband some day!  The lady checking us out let him come back and help her scan the clothes and bag them so he thought that was great!

Then we all went and saw Hop at the theater.  It was pretty good.  The kids liked it. 

Now my dad is on his way to visit (he usually does every weekend.)  DH is going to sweep the kitchen, vacuum the family room, and then go to IKEA to get dressers for the boys' room. 

Nice day!  Oh, and it's snowing here.  (Chicago area.)

#30 of 105 Old 04-16-2011, 04:18 PM

hey moms! im new to the site actually came across it today and LOVING it already, I am due may 10 having a little girl, her name is Norah smile.gif i have been losing my mucus plug the past week slowly, today was very different i had this surge of energy to vacuum the whole house and wipe down every lil bit of furniture, organizing cabinets.. i have a feeling im not making it to may 10! now im having lower back pain just from cooking dinner! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page