How much do you feel your baby move? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 04-20-2011, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How much do you feel your baby move in 24 hours? I am especially interested in hearing back from mamas with older children and/or daily routines that don't leave a lot of time for focusing on your baby bump.

I feel like baby has been much less active lately and I just wish that he/she would kick up a storm so I wouldn't have to worry about if he/she is moving enough. I remember I felt this way last time I was pregnant too.

#2 of 19 Old 04-20-2011, 08:19 PM

How many weeks are you now? I am 36 weeks and have 2 kids already and not as much time to focus on the pregnancy... but I feel this babe moving constantly! I don't notice it as much when I am standing up or walking around, but every time I sit down she is pushing out all over the place.

mommy to DS (5/29/05) and DD (3/21/07) and DD #2 (5/3/11)
#3 of 19 Old 04-20-2011, 08:26 PM

I have two children 6.5 and 3.5 yrs old so I am running around a lot but I still feel the baby moving a lot throughout the day. Movement is usually very obvious when I am sitting or driving.  With my last pregnancy, though, DD2 was just a very mellow and quiet baby and I would definitely have to sit/lie down and do kick counts.  She was just fine and a very mellow baby both in and out of utero.

#4 of 19 Old 04-20-2011, 08:57 PM

She has her moments. I have a 8 YO but I am home during the day alone (I'm a WAHM) so maybe that helps. Anyway she has about 2-3 times a day she's in there kicking and stretching. Rarely feel kicks anymore at 37 weeks, but I feel plenty of pressure and pushing out.

I read at this point they sleep something like 90-95% of the day, so being quiet is normal. My midwife tells me she's cramped in there and the lessening of movements is not a concern so long as I DO feel her moving periodically, which I do.

#5 of 19 Old 04-20-2011, 09:10 PM

I also have 2 kids (5 and 2) and I've noticed an overall decrease in movement in the last week or so, but he still moves enough to keep me from freaking out.  

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#6 of 19 Old 04-20-2011, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummibears View Post

I read at this point they sleep something like 90-95% of the day, so being quiet is normal. My midwife tells me she's cramped in there and the lessening of movements is not a concern so long as I DO feel her moving periodically, which I do.

I do feel this babe throughout the day, and it is definitely more constricted movement too.

I am just a worrier by nature so like I said I wish he/she would do some super big movements to ease my mind.

I am 37 weeks + 5 days.

#7 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Banned

I have first month just started before a week. Very excited to know about all these facts eat.gif

#8 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 01:33 AM

I get worried occasionally when I stop and realize that I haven't felt her in a while (like all morning!), but it's usually just because I've been running around with my 2yo and not paying attention. If I'm sitting down for a while or driving I definitely feel her more. She usually has a few bouts of high activity a day that I really notice, but no really painful kicks or extremely weird-feeling contortions like I would sometimes feel with my last. Maybe that happens later when there's really no room and she has no choice but to carve out some previously occupied space if she wants to move? I'm 36.5 wks now.

#9 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 05:30 AM

I can feel little bits of activity every couple of hours but it seems she has four really active times during the day. And I'm 38+4 weeks. The movements changed around a week ago. They are much more painful and I can feel her working harder to get the space she thinks she deserves. :) Her favorite thing to do is wait until around 11 when I'm going to bed and then give me a good 15 minutes of movement that make it feel like she's pulling on a nerve that runs from my belly button to my cervix.

During her four really active times she's probably active for a solid 15- 20 minutes.

#10 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 06:57 AM

This baby moves all the time. More than either of my older children did and they were no sloths! Everytime I sit or lie down it really starts spinning, kicking and doing whatever else they do in there. It wants to be up when I am trying to sleep but I think when I am moving around the motions lulls it to sleep.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#11 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamineNoir View Post

I do feel this babe throughout the day, and it is definitely more constricted movement too.

I am just a worrier by nature so like I said I wish he/she would do some super big movements to ease my mind.

I am 37 weeks + 5 days.

I lean toward being a worrier, too. I've found that nighttime and around now and again early afternoon are her big movement times. It's probably not a coincidence those are also times I'm home alone to take note of the movements more than if I'm with DS. A lot of the movements have gotten painful as well over the last couple days. I chalk that up to progression and try to view it as a good thing, lol.

I'm 37wk 1d right now, so we are due about the same time. Sounds like just a cramped not so little one in there. If you are really worried you can always eat something or drink a lil juice and lay down after to see if that doesn't get them going. Or even gently nudge your belly where they are. It'll typically get some response - just enough to calm you. :)

#12 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 09:15 AM

I'm 37 weeks and have just noticed that I don't feel it throughout the day when I'm active/busy like I used to (I have an 8 and 5 year old... 5 year old is home with me most of the time).  I am still getting my kick counts, though.  And she was kicking up a storm this morning while I was laying in bed.  The other night, I didn't get my kick count and ended up going in for a NST and fluid check and everything was fine.  I wonder if I wasn't feeling her movements because I was having contractions every 2 minutes that night (ugh!).  But yes, sometimes I do have to make a point to sit down and really pay attention so that I am feeling those movements and getting some reassurance.

Beth
Mama to DD 2.18.03, DS 3.18.06, DD 5.7.11

#13 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Of course, after posting this, baby has moved plenty today which eases my mind. I'll see my midwives tomorrow too. :)

#14 of 19 Old 04-21-2011, 08:01 PM

I feel this one quite a bit most days but that hasn't been the case this late with my other two. My midwife said it was normal for them to slow down at the end.

#15 of 19 Old 04-22-2011, 08:43 AM

It's good to hear that others have noticed a slow-down or a change in the type of movements felt.. I know it's typical for this time of pg, as they get bigger and are packing on some baby pudge, but still reassuring! This LO seems more active even than my first two, and they were BUSY, but he's definitely chilled out lately. More of a routine, like many of you mentioned. Anytime I worry though, just being still and drinking something cold gives me the feedback I need to relax, and it's usually when we've been busy and moving that I start to wonder, so I'm sure it's more my being distracted combined with him sleeping through the movements than any need for concern.

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#16 of 19 Old 04-22-2011, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
she has definitely slowed down and is in more of a routine now. i usually won't feel her move until 9 or 10 am or whenever i eat or drink something cold (not usually before then)...if it occurs to me that i haven't felt her in a while i put some pressure on her back or poke her in the knee and she squirms around enough to let me know she's still there. sleeps most of the day, is up a bit in the afternoon, and then is up usually from about 10 or 11 pm for an hour or two. honestly, she sleeps a lot. and she hasn't moved sides for 3 months! she is head down, back to the left, feet to the right...very consistent, this one.

also, my midwives told me that kick count is unimportant to them, as long as she is moving throughout the day. they said if i am having a hard time feeling her to drink some orange juice and lay down for 15 minutes.

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#17 of 19 Old 04-27-2011, 08:33 AM

Now that I'm 38+ wks I am noticing a bit of a slow down.  I still get a few very active periods of karate chop type movements but I wonder if the lack of spaceleads to just smaller movements.  I am still feeling plenty of movement but this very hyper baby has slow days and hyper days now.  On the slow days I sort of stress all day until I sit down about 9-10pm and then it's a full on kicking session. I think I'm just paranoid because the midwives and perinatologist have tried to scare me with the whole- you're 40 and there's a slight chance of still birth.  Thanks... appreciate the fear factor.

#18 of 19 Old 04-28-2011, 02:25 PM

This baby freaks me out at regular intervals.  The movements are quite small and I dont feel them when I am going about my normal business. Sometimes my tummy will jerk in response to a poke but I wont have felt the poke.  The pattern has been the same for quite a while though so I'm not overly concerned.  If I lay down, esp after eating something sugary I usually feel some.

****5****10***15****20****25****30****35 ****40
#19 of 19 Old 04-28-2011, 08:49 PM

I'm due the first of May. Don't really feel rapid movements anymore, but the weirdest sensations when she decides to 'unfold'. Or maybe she is doing yoga in there. Its slow, but it starts stretching things out in all directions. If I pat her foot when she does that she'll usually give me a few kicks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page