Chat Thread April 22-29th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 106 Old 04-26-2011, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You guys are great!  Thank you for the therapy!  My contractions are picking up in intensity a little but still 20 minutes apart.  After eating a small dinner, I feel so sick.  Maybe these are good signs that something is going to happen tonight?  At least it's good motivation for my DH to sweep and keep the house as clean as possible. 

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#62 of 106 Old 04-26-2011, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
jr'smom i am totally with everyone else on this...only you know what you can handle and my goodness, i do not blame you one bit for scheduling a c-section! you do what is right for you. i can't imagine what you are going through! much much love! hopefully tonight turns into something for you!

i just had my 36 week appt with the midwife and everything is pretty good...i am pretty low on iron (which we all knew) so i got a special vit. c / iron / folic acid supplement to take every night on an empty-ish stomach, some orange juice to have around supper, and i'll have to take another iron supplement in the morning. oh, and i've agreed to eat at least one egg a day if i'm not eating meat. blech. eyesroll.gif oh well. that should boost my B-12 and iron and i might even be able to kick this cold!

we also got our homebirth supply kit and pool liner today, i'm pretty happy about that! makes it feel so much more real. i have only gained just over a lb in 3 weeks (AGAIN!) but they are unconcerned about it, so that's great and very reassuring. she also said the baby feels about 6-7 lbs big (suck on that, everyone who likes to inform me that my baby is probably only 3 lbs and i should eat more) and is VERY low...she could only feel the nape of her neck! so good news all around smile.gif

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#63 of 106 Old 04-26-2011, 11:06 PM

I received a total of 3 people contacting me today just to see if I had had the baby.  I thought it was kind of strange! And now after finishing an online quiz I am rolling with some major bh!!  27 or 9 has always been a fav number!!

There are so many pregnant women in my community right now. A real baby boom!!  I throw a music festival every year and since so many of the members and regular attendees are pregnant I thought it would be fun to do a Preggers Pageant. The name of the festival is Love Your Mother Earth Festival.  Most people call it Love Your Mother.  So I just think this is sooooo cute.  I know none of them will get up there in a bikini or bathing suit. What are some other things I could do.  I figured this was a chat kind of thing.  Sorry if I should have started a new thread!

Hope you nauseous mama's feel better soon!

#64 of 106 Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 PM

Oh and jrsmom I agree with everyone too. I can fully understand the embarrassed thing.  Really kind of stinks we would be so hard on ourselves... worrying that others might judge for not having a vaginal birth.  Get that pressure off yourself!!joy.gif

#65 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 08:34 AM

mama_mich - If they'd agree to going up with crop tops and bottoms, you could have the pageant be a belly painting contest. Sounds like you might have body painters at that sort of festival who would love the opportunity to strut their stuff on a nice big belly.

#66 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 10:18 AM

OK this is ridiculous. Would you like to know what just gave me heartburn? Gum!!! The second I started chewing. I mean, you don't even swallow the stuff!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#67 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 AM

I had a full evening/night of MAJOR acid reflux, and DP was like "I had heartburn too, it sucks, quit complaining."

yeah... this is excruciating burning pain because of the relaxin, so he can shove it... and who the hell roasts habaneros and makes hot & spicy soup for someone with heartburn/acid reflux!?  and then he got pissy because he dropped everything to cook for me (which I didn't ask him to do, I'd just said about 5 hours before he did this that I was hungry!) and I wasn't eating it. irked.gif eyesroll.gif

the major source of my heartburn, etc. is processed carbs and sugar, so... yeah, I guess I'm gonna have to lay off that half-price easter candy. smile.gif

grouphug.gif to jrs mom and anyone else that needs a hug!

I'm exhausted - have been getting 3hrs of sleep per night - trying to work around DP's schedule and get stuff done at home... ugh.

I swelled up a bit yesterday in my ankles - my midwife speculated that it was because it was the first really warm day we've had (plus I was on my feet a lot, etc etc.) - I feel like an overstuffed sausage and I can't wait for next week to be here - done with work, and official due date. drinking TONS of water, coconut water, etc., hopefully I can go swimming and/or get a good long walk in tonight.

#68 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 01:16 PM

I need to catch up later but wanted to update on my progress..... finally. My bh are constant long bitches lasting like an hour and intense in the lower back.  It's not for nothing!!  I finally really feel like birth is close or in progress.  And at my pre-natal today I was still neg 1 but the baby has def dropped.  The head really surprised my mw!! My belly still looks rather high!!  The the best news yet 2 cm!!!!!!!!!!

Just went to the bathroom and there was some plug!!

Off to nap can't wait to see what's been happenin with ya'll!!

#69 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 01:22 PM

i've had the worst time keeping up with this chat thread!  it moves so quickly anymore!

it sounds like most mama's are doing a lot better this week... yay!  

AFM- i just got back from my 36 week appt and the dreaded gbs test.  i'm anxious to get the results but i feel somewhat better at least having the test over with... i've been upping my probiotics, drinking tons of kefir and vit c and eating garlic since i found out that they swab the rectum too (boo).  the mw did do the swab but she wasn't at all invasive about it.  i also washed with hibiclens before i left so i'm feeling pretty good about things.  my labor with dd was pretty fast so i don't think that i would get an effective dose of antibiotics anyway... fingers crossed for a neg result!  i haven't gained any weight in the past two weeks but nobody seems concerned... i did gain 5lbs in a 2 week interval before that!

it finally stopped raining here and the sun and warm weather is helping my motivation to get things done.  yesterday i cleaned the "new" dresser for the baby and helped dh move it into her room and i finally washed all our diapers.  i feel so much better than i did through march and part of april but it sucks because i just can't do as much now without feeling like crap later.  yesterday evening my feet were just killing me!  luckily, no swelling though, even with the crazy warm weather we've had the last few days.  

oh, and i haven't had too many problems with heartburn but this weekend the sugar really set it off!!  

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#70 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 01:34 PM

Well, saw the midwife again today, at 39 weeks 2 days and I'm still only 2 cm dialated, 70% effaced, and cervix isn't soft at all yet. Baby is at 0 station. I thought for sure I'd be at least 3 cm, I haven't had many contractions, but lots of pressure, so I guess she's just low. So, I'm taking advantage of my time and I'm going to make a freezer meal this afternoon, and baby's birthday cake which I'll just stick in the freezer.I don't think my mom and sister are going to be able to get around to helping me fill the freezer like they thought they would, so I'm just going to do it myself. I've got nothing but time right now and DS decided to take a nap for me today, so that's always a plus! I was at a local health food store this afternoon, and they have all this wonderful gluten free stuff that's way cheap, so I had to get a few more convenience items for DH to be able to give to DS and himself. This way I know for sure he's not getting gluten and I don't have to worry about it. DH is good about not giving DS gluten, but I'm going to have a hard time giving up that control, you know? LOL. I bough some lemon poppyseed muffins, blueberry muffins, and organic corn flakes. I'm sure all of these will be a hit with DS and that's all he'll want to eat, but whatever.

I met up with my best friend after the appointment and we went over to another friend's house who just had a c-section(was aiming for a birth at the same birth center we went to but baby never turned out of breech, so they opted for the c-section) and her baby is so adorable..I think he's 12 days old now? Anyway, I brought them dinner. I feel so bad for people that have no family around to help them out. Her and the daddy both are only getting around 4-5 hours of sleep each per night, and no one else around to help out. I feel bad because she never even tried breastfeeding. Breastfeeding with her first child was just a nightmare, and she didn't even want to attempt it again, so they went straight to formula. I hope this time around I have no problems with it, because last time I didn't have hardly any problems, and produced plenty of milk for DS. Anyway, while I was there, I offered to do laundry, let them nap, do dishes, etc., but they declined. I wonder if I pressed more if they would have accepted! I'm sorry, but if someone offers me help, I'm going to take it! The did accept the meal though which I'm glad for!

DH prompted me for sex last night and I just didn't have the energy..he then said, "well, you know you could go into labor at any point, and after that it will be awhile, so we really should.." I said "yeah, I know.." so I think I'm going to make it a point to do it tonight. It's just so uncomfortable. Anyone have any good positions they can recommend? Last pregnancy we didn't have sex past 37 weeks so we went from that to not having sex again until 10 weeks pp. I know DH was dying at that point, so I don't want to do that to him again.

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#71 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 01:41 PM

Me to PunkElmo! Processed carbs and sugar. If I remember correctly, you eat kinda primal, huh? I do too and I've virtually eliminated heartburn and allergies by eating little to no grain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkElmo View Post

I had a full evening/night of MAJOR acid reflux, and DP was like "I had heartburn too, it sucks, quit complaining."

yeah... this is excruciating burning pain because of the relaxin, so he can shove it... and who the hell roasts habaneros and makes hot & spicy soup for someone with heartburn/acid reflux!?  and then he got pissy because he dropped everything to cook for me (which I didn't ask him to do, I'd just said about 5 hours before he did this that I was hungry!) and I wasn't eating it. irked.gif eyesroll.gif

the major source of my heartburn, etc. is processed carbs and sugar, so... yeah, I guess I'm gonna have to lay off that half-price easter candy. smile.gif

grouphug.gif to jrs mom and anyone else that needs a hug!

I'm exhausted - have been getting 3hrs of sleep per night - trying to work around DP's schedule and get stuff done at home... ugh.

I swelled up a bit yesterday in my ankles - my midwife speculated that it was because it was the first really warm day we've had (plus I was on my feet a lot, etc etc.) - I feel like an overstuffed sausage and I can't wait for next week to be here - done with work, and official due date. drinking TONS of water, coconut water, etc., hopefully I can go swimming and/or get a good long walk in tonight.

#72 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 02:03 PM

You can tell we're getting close cause midwife/doctor appointment updates seem to be coming in so frequently :P  I had my 39 week appointment today.  All is well, although she took my BP twice again.  It was 140/78 the first time and 138/72 the second time (maybe half an hour later).  She's not worried but at the same time, I'm like 'if we're not worried, why take it twice?" :P  I know it's just to get that top number down - even though they are much less worried about systolic, they still have to check it off on my chart, I suppose, and if they can get it down and record that, more's the better.  I always creep up a wee bit at end of pregnancy and this appears to be the same (I always figure part of the creep is physiological and part of it is white-coat anxiety!), so nobody is worried but I still see it as a potential road block in the waiting. I did feel reassured, though, that we talked about what might happen if I came in next week and I had hit 90...she said it's not like one reading means the end of everything, I might be able to still bring it down and we could keep going from there, etc.  So that was reassuring.

Anybody ever do the cream of tartar and lemon juice thing for BP?  I read about it yesterday and tried it this morning (I figured once couldn't hurt to try).  Now I'm not sure whether I should keep doing it weekly or just leave well enough alone.  I might just up my banana intake and maybe get some of that potassium salt instead, it would sure taste better than this morning's experience!!  I feel like I want to be actively doing something to keep BP stable - I think even just feeling like I'm doing something will help keep it down, since it seems pretty variable (my diastolic this week was actually lower than last week, so it's certainly not on an upward-only track).

GBS negative, woohoo!  I was kind of half expecting ot be positive and had already mentally prepared myself not to be disappointed, so that was a nice surprise :)  Baby is still head down (yippeeee!!) and head seems to be well flexed and starting to move down into my pelvis (based just on palpation, I didn't have a vaginal exam).

#73 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 02:09 PM

Jrs'Mom- (((HUGS))) at this point in your pregnancy you have sacrificed so much to keep this little one healthy and growing despite all the sickness, broken ribs and such.  You are in no way selling out if you physically ill and a RCS makes the most sense.  I know we all want to birth naturally but a healthy baby and healthy momma are really what is important.  I will be praying for peace and comfort as I can only imagine what a fractured rib and pleurisy feel like.

mama_mich: woohoo to all your progress.  I've been hoping for some sign of imminent labor but all I get each night is lots of cramping that disappear come the morning and no outward signs of dilation (ie. plug).

MrsBone- good for you helping your friend.  I've only had internals at 40 weeks so I guess I'll know then about where I'm at.  As for sex, it seemed to induce labor in both of my prior pregnancies. Right now just a side position seems to work but I've been dodging sex since I started getting the nightly crampiness.  Once I hit 39 weeks I'll be initiating as I don't want to go past 40 weeks.  My left ankle started to swell with the heat yesterday and I have a definite "cankle" phobia :-)

AFM- having to deal with family pressing me on the birth of the baby.  They know that we are now considering a home birth and I would like to come out and just say it's a done deal but they are traumatized by the fact that DH helped deliver DD2 before the HB midwife arrived.  I was fine, baby was fine but my whole family has it in their head that we both nearly died because it was such a fast labor and midwife arrived 20 mins after.  Even if I had planned a hospital birth she'd have been born at home but you can't tell them.  Right now we're just dodging the question and will call after the baby is born.

#74 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 03:50 PM

jrsmom- hope you have your baby now! wishful thinking on my part- but you sounded close in your last post!!!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#75 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

jrsmom- hope you have your baby now! wishful thinking on my part- but you sounded close in your last post!!!

I wish!  The regular contractions stopped sometime during the night.  I've had irregular, but more intense contractions today, but nothing to get excited about.  It looks like I'll be heading for the RCS on Friday.  I have to go in for bloodwork tomorrow and I'm scheduled for the C/S at 7:30am on Friday.   It's weird.  Even though this will be my 4th C/S, it's the only one that's been scheduled.  It will also be the only time I actually know the person cutting me open ahead of time.  At least I like him.  I have to give him credit.  In a state like IL where even doctors who believe VBAMC is the best thing for the patient won't support them, he never once pushed me to schedule a C/S or said at what point he wouldn't support me in a VBA3C.  He just kinda looked at me and my inability to move normally or lay down or get up (after 3 weeks of seeing me that way,) and said "What are we going to do?" 

Today I've been cranky and trying to get DH to get everything ready for the kids, the baby, and the hospital stay. He also had to frantically shampoo the carpets in the bedrooms upstairs because he rented a machine yesterday to clean cat pee (hopefully the cat is over that now!) out of a couple of main floor areas and I wanted to get the most use of it before he had to have it back within 24 hours.  Crazy!  He's probably done 10 loads of laundry--how can we have that much?  Oh yeah, at least one kid seems to wet their bed almost every night. The kids are 2/3 of the way packed for Grandma's.  (One thing I could do.) We still have a lot to do tomorrow!

One thing that occured to me today, is that we always buy a Chicago Tribune newspaper on the baby's birthday to tuck into their keepsake box.  I bet this time it will be full of stuff about the royal wedding.  That will be a bit interesting for the baby someday.

#76 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 06:02 PM

that's cool about the newspaper! what a great idea :) and yeah...it will just be packed full of royal wedding stuff i'm sure.

i'm feeling pretty good today...lots of BH all the time it seems, and the baby is super active. i am having a hard time staying motivated but we met some friends at the park for a couple hours this afternoon to catch bugs and play and it was a good time. i'm going to make some dinner and some scones and then sew, i think. blah. i don't feel like doing anything, honestly. 

#77 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 09:15 PM

Love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelgeek View Post

mama_mich - If they'd agree to going up with crop tops and bottoms, you could have the pageant be a belly painting contest. Sounds like you might have body painters at that sort of festival who would love the opportunity to strut their stuff on a nice big belly.

#78 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 PM

I call it garbage pail kid feet!  Mine are so swollen it feels like my toes will break if I curl them.  I have run out or it wouldn't be a problem...... I highly recommend Emu Oil.  Works amazingly!!

Have you tried papaya enzymes for the flux etc?

Quote:

#79 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 PM

I surely could go for some sex right now!! Jealous!!  I loved it spoon style this far along with my son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBone View Post

DH prompted me for sex last night and I just didn't have the energy..he then said, "well, you know you could go into labor at any point, and after that it will be awhile, so we really should.." I said "yeah, I know.." so I think I'm going to make it a point to do it tonight. It's just so uncomfortable. Anyone have any good positions they can recommend? Last pregnancy we didn't have sex past 37 weeks so we went from that to not having sex again until 10 weeks pp. I know DH was dying at that point, so I don't want to do that to him again.

#80 of 106 Old 04-27-2011, 09:30 PM

i feel bad...i am so exhausted. my poor DH. he is sooooooooooo understanding. i've postponed until tomorrow morning but i think that i just might cave because i've done that so often this week...i just get so tired! ugh. come on iron, boost yourself up...

#81 of 106 Old 04-28-2011, 04:19 AM

jr'smom,. one more day till baby!  I am excited for you :)  I hope you take some time to breathe and rest today amongst all that prep work!

hang in there, rye...it's perfectly okay at this point to take it easy, even when iron isn't an issue (at least, I am telling myself that, LOL!).  It's good that you're listening to your body and not pushing through it.

On that note, I am having a jammie day today.  I am not even going to change for the walk to the bus stop - just throwing a fleece on (my pj pants are actually walking pants from Old Navy, so it's doable).  It feels GREAT! :P  I was in bed earlier than usual last night and feel more rested this morning from the extra sleep, but the funny side effect of more time in bed is that my body gets more sore from the extended period of lying down.  Can't win, LOL!

#82 of 106 Old 04-28-2011, 05:08 AM

Wow, we’re getting quite active… I posted yesterday morning and here we are 2 pages later!

There’s so many updates! grouphug.gif to everyone! I feel you on the uncomfortableness, heartburn, DH wanting to “get it while he can”… SO ready to have this kid! 38 weeks today. I started some more belly lifts and pelvic tilts yesterday. It may/may not be related but I had a horrid night’s sleep. I was in so much pain in my back and pubic bone. I think the exercises may be helping him get engaged and that’s what I’m feeling. I only slept in spurts. Had to get up four times to pee from the time I laid down at 11:30, two before I even fell asleep. Then I kept having a dream that DH died and Josh Lucas kept trying to get me to be with him/marry him. He didn't care that I was massively pregnant with another guy's baby, or that I had two other kids lol... I think it's because he has the same eyes as DH, those piercing blue eyes. I love them! But, I love them on my DH. I HATE these dreams. I've had them all pregnancy. DH dies suddenly, leaves me pregnant and alone with two kids, some new guy comes in to save the day, and I don't want him, I want DH back...

Anyway, thinking about you all. Hoping we have some more babies soon!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#83 of 106 Old 04-28-2011, 05:19 AM

In 25 hours I'll be holding my baby!  I can't even type that without crying.  I'm excited and nervous. 

Today I'm going to enjoy time with my kids, get bloodwork done, drop paychecks off at my office, go grocery shopping, and bug the heck out of poor DH to do everything under the sun including having an immaculately clean house (which is funny, because we have 3 kids running around all the time.  We even homeschool so they pretty much never leave!)

#84 of 106 Old 04-28-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post

In 25 hours I'll be holding my baby!  I can't even type that without crying.  I'm excited and nervous. 

joy.gifCan't wait to see pics!!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#85 of 106 Old 04-28-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post

LOL, I can barely read it without crying.  Man, my hormones are raging BIG TIME. :P  Last night I was on my way to choir and a song came on the radio, it was from Emmylou Harris's new album and was a tribute to the late Canadian folk singer Kate McGarrigle.  I was starting to bawl, I had to turn it off and take deep breaths to calm down so I didn't walk into choir sobbing my head off.  I had barely even heard of Kate before she passed away *hangs head in shame* so it's not like I was a big fan!  Then I had to leave choir early to avoid having to sing or even hear "Prayer of the Children".  I was a near horror show the one time I sang it (I have been strategically avoiding it ever since, and I'm worried about how I'm going to handle hearing it when I attend the concert this Saturday - I'm not even singing, just in the audience).

This baby needs to come out, my heart can't take all this emotional turmoil :P

#86 of 106 Old 04-28-2011, 06:48 AM

well, DH and I DTD last night and afterwards I put in some EPO to hopefully help soften up the cervix. I woke up at 12:30 am needing to pee, so I got up and went to the bathroom. While I was peeing I felt a stinging pinching sensation at my cervix. Thought nothing of it really and went back to bed.Maybe that was me dialating more? After that I had crampy contractions for about an hour straight..they were anywhere from 5-10 minutes apart I'm guessing. Intense enough that I had to breath through them. Then I got up and peed again, took a drink of water and shortly after that they stopped. So weird! I thought for sure this was the beginning of labor, simply because this is the first time I've had BH contractions that were crampy like that instead of just uncomfortable feeling. This morning when I got up I lost a big ol glob of mucous...thinking it was my mucous plug..so I think things are starting to happen, just slowly. :) DH went ahead and went to work since I am having no contractions now. I'm thinking about going to a playdate this morning about 5 miles from my house. Trying to stay as close to home as possible. DH is about a 50 min drive away, so that makes me a little nervous, but I think I'll be fine. My last labor lasted 43 hours. Even if this one was half that I'd be thrilled!

#87 of 106 Old 04-28-2011, 07:08 AM

So exciting, MrsBone! I'm rooting for you!!!

Jrsmom - thinking of you, too - do exciting to know you'll have babe on arms tomorrow smile.gif

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#88 of 106 Old 04-28-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:

well, DH and I DTD last night and afterwards I put in some EPO to hopefully help soften up the cervix. I woke up at 12:30 am needing to pee, so I got up and went to the bathroom. While I was peeing I felt a stinging pinching sensation at my cervix. Thought nothing of it really and went back to bed.Maybe that was me dialating more? After that I had crampy contractions for about an hour straight..they were anywhere from 5-10 minutes apart I'm guessing. Intense enough that I had to breath through them. Then I got up and peed again, took a drink of water and shortly after that they stopped. So weird! I thought for sure this was the beginning of labor, simply because this is the first time I've had BH contractions that were crampy like that instead of just uncomfortable feeling. This morning when I got up I lost a big ol glob of mucous...thinking it was my mucous plug..so I think things are starting to happen, just slowly. :) DH went ahead and went to work since I am having no contractions now. I'm thinking about going to a playdate this morning about 5 miles from my house. Trying to stay as close to home as possible. DH is about a 50 min drive away, so that makes me a little nervous, but I think I'll be fine. My last labor lasted 43 hours. Even if this one was half that I'd be thrilled!

joy.gif I've had feelings like that a lot too, but haven't had any mucous come out. Hope to hear about a LO soon!

#89 of 106 Old 04-28-2011, 11:08 AM

lurk.gif

It is getting exciting in here.

I can't tell you how nice the pool has felt the last two days.  

Come on BABIES!!!

We have our last social engagements this weekend.  I told DH I want to shut the house down and set up the tub.

ETA: I've been eating such crap recently.  Some healthy things like protein and veggies... but I so don't want that stuff.  Fruit... and other stuff.  Very carby.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#90 of 106 Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:

I feel your pain. Last night I had contractions start at 12:30 that weren't super intense but were coming every 4 minutes until around 3 and then they gradually slowed down until I had them
every 10 minutes from 3:30-8:50 and then when I ate something and tried to take a nap they just stopped. I even lost a good amount of plug and had some bloody show. I thought surely 8 hours of pretty consistant contractions was the real deal, but nope. The thing that really gets me is I called my parents to let them know that today might be the day but to NOT drive the 5 hours up here because I was afraid that it would stop and then they would have waited a sick day or two and when I called at 10:30 to tell them the contractions had stopped my mom told me they were already half way here. So. yeah. this has been a frustrating day. And yes, we learned a few things for the next time that I've got them going but it's all just so frustrating. It was sort of funny to see how jazzed/freaked out DH was when they were so close together for so long. When they were averaging 4 minutes he was all ready to go to the hospital but I had to remind him that if it was that time I would have been in a lot more pain.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page