Chat Thread April 22-29th - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-28-2011, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had a major attack of "I need skittles" this morning... funny thing is, I don't even LIKE skittles normally! (the van with the skittles ad on the side probably did it, but still... usually I see ads for stuff I don't like that much and think "ew" or don't think about it at all.)

sounds like impending labor for some of us... I'm 39w today, I've been feeling some different gurgling and burbling, but still no contractions... my last day of work is tomorrow... I'm thinking labor's happening monday or tuesday (by my neighbor's account, I should have had the baby already - I told them it wasn't coming that soon!)

I got NO sleep last night because I was packing up stuff for a friend to take out of my apt. and just doing all kinds of stuff... when I tried to catch a couple of hours, my cats just wouldn't let me - GRRRRR!  I took a nap on the floor of my office since my boss was out, but oy!

I have another home visit with one of the new midwives tonight (they were both supposed to come Tues., but a projectile-vomiting daughter kept one of them away) - can't wait to do some more cleaning, laundry, set up the tub, etc.

I think it's finally time to start nesting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2011, 01:31 PM

SO frustrating SallyNichole...but losing plug and having show, wow, you were definitely doing some work there!!

I am jealous of everyone who's losing bits of plug and stuff!  I have had zero signs other than a couple of crampy BH the other night that went away as soon as my head hit the pillow in bed :P  With DS2, everything happened in one day, though, so I'm holding out hope it could still happen anytime.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:53 PM

Nice day here so far...  I took my little 4 and 6 year old boys to drop off the paychecks at my office so I wouldn't have to go in and get stuck in there for an hour. Plus it helps them to overcome their shyness.  I also knew they would be interested to see the blood draw.  (Easy homeschooling today!)  They were great!  We had lots of interesting conversations about both of those adventures.  I took them out to lunch at Giordano's (famous in Chicago for their stuffed pizza.)  That was a treat for me!  The boys were funny, all they had was garlic bread with marinara sauce to dip it in, but they kept saying how "delicious" it was and how we can bring the new baby there sometime.

I have all this nervous energy, but no stamina.  So I'm resting for a bit, then I'll go finish packing, now that all the laundry is done.  DH finally put the 4th carseat in the van and emptied out the trunk.  (Because I want everything immaculately clean!)  Finally my nesting instinct has kicked in!  LOL! W e still have a pretty big "to do" list, but at least we're excited to get it done.

I'm snuggling with my 2 yr old a bunch today too.  It's kind of sad that I know she's going to seem so much bigger to me next time I see her after the birth.  I'm going to miss them all terribly while I'm in the hospital.  MIL (Grandma) lives about an hour away and is coming to bet them tomorrow morning to stay at her house for 3 nights.  They'll come and visit us at the hospital and meet their new sibling on Saturday though. (MIL has been awesome!  She was willing to stay in the area tomorrow if we wanted her to bring the kids to the hospital tomorrow, or to make the hour+ drive here and back on Saturday.)  We chose Saturday because I think it will break up the kids' stay more and last time I was in recovery all day because I bled so much, so we never can anticipate what to expect tomorrow.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 04-28-2011, 05:48 PM

Well, we're ready now!  Still a few things we could do, but we're in pretty good shape.  At least when I can't sleep tonight/early morning, I can just watch royal wedding stuff.  Coverage starts at 3am here.  I normally wouldn't really follow it, but it's got to be better than whatever would normally be on at 3am. 

Old 04-28-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaconda View Post

lurk.gif

It is getting exciting in here.

I can't tell you how nice the pool has felt the last two days.  

Come on BABIES!!!

We have our last social engagements this weekend.  I told DH I want to shut the house down and set up the tub.

ETA: I've been eating such crap recently.  Some healthy things like protein and veggies... but I so don't want that stuff.  Fruit... and other stuff.  Very carby.

Me too! I've had such a funky appetite too. Nauseated in the morning, wanting chocolate, peanut butter and chocolate (which is horrible because DD has an anaphylactic peanut allergy so I have to do it covertly), this evening I had a nice plate of ham, sweet potato and broccoli. I ate two helpings of ham, one bite of sweet potato and forced myself to eat the broccoli so I was a good example to the kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post

Well, we're ready now!  Still a few things we could do, but we're in pretty good shape.  At least when I can't sleep tonight/early morning, I can just watch royal wedding stuff.  Coverage starts at 3am here.  I normally wouldn't really follow it, but it's got to be better than whatever would normally be on at 3am. 

Praying for a healthy birth!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 04-28-2011, 06:48 PM

I'm 38 weeks today and have one day of work left. I'm actually telling my little guy to stay put at least until my Doula/SIL gets here on the 7th, but I'm hoping he comes just after my due date (12th) so that I have some time to myself being done work. Then I can mentally prepare for my first time Mom adventures. :)

Old 04-28-2011, 06:55 PM

jrsmom - thinking of you tomorrow!  how exciting that you'll be holding your baby in less than 24hours!!

mrsbone and sallynichole - sounds like one of you mamas will be next!  can't wait to hear the stories :)

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

Old 04-28-2011, 07:57 PM

Jr's Mom- thinking of you tomorrow and sending prayers for a safe recovery.

SallyNicole- congrats on losing your plug and the bloody show.  Wow, I can't believe it stopped.  It may seem like it was all for nothing but I bet that your body has significantly changed from all that work.

Mrs Bone- can't wait to hear if you continue towards having that little one.

BluePetals- I'm in the same boat.. I'll be 39 wks on Sunday and keep hoping for some sign that labor will be soon.  I had a lot of nights of menstrual type cramps but that's been it so far.  I'm so not into DTD with DH but come the middle of next week I'll be wanting something to get things moving.  I'm not up for another 41 wk pregnancy.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

I think I can officially NEVER MISS ANOTHER DAY IN THIS DDC! Wow, do I feel out of touch with you guys. So much is happening! grouphug.gif

PunkElmo - LOVE your new picture! That's beautiful!

Becca - I hope you're feeling much better, re: headaches, and your BP is behaving itself! Happy your sister is back with you! I've had a few dreams like that, dh either missing in action - so to speak, not militarily - or dead... I am a BASKETcase after those nights. Can't believe that after all we've been through I still seem to have some deep-seated fears? Idk... maybe they aren't as related to dh as it would seem on the surface?

Jr'smom - Can't believe I missed all that you've gone through this week! Totally totally agree with one and all - so happy you've made peace with this! You deserve to relax and be excited about this little one's arrival and it sounds like you are! :) And in eight hours, you'll be cuddling your new little doll!! love.gif Can't wait to hear and see all about it!! Wish I could've wished you well earlier today!! And that IS cool, with the royal wedding.. :)

Ryleeee - hope the new diet stuff gives you some energy if nothing else, and it sounds like you had such an exciting appt! Makes me want to get checked since our due dates are so close... or.. uh.. maybe the same day? :)

Mama_mich - that festival sounds like so much fun! I love Reelgeek's idea! I'd love to have my belly painted! :) Hope you've had more progression and excitement as well!

MrsBone - did I tell you I love your picture? that's so cute! I know what you mean about giving up the control for ds's diet. My ds is supposed to be on a crazy diet as well, but dh and I have been doing the bare minimum lately, which leaves me feeling so guilty, even when he's not experiencing any negative symptoms! But when he started this diet he was 3.5 and it just about killed me to leave it in anyone else's hands! I had a SYSTEM, you know? :) You sound like the kind of friend I would love to have nearby! Definitely going to miss having some support here until my mama shows up. Sounds like you're a very understanding wife, too!

KarenMT - sorry that your family is so fearful! That's such a pita to deal with... you go through something beautiful and amazing and they just want to harp on the negative "could've beens". It's just so hard to convert the firmly medicalized, and hard for them to accept our preferences and faith in our bodies. hug2.gif I do a lot of direct question dodging with friends and family too. Hope they can relax a bit when you're all happy and healthy with your babe-in-arms! :)

Bluepetals - I am so down with the jammie day idea! I think I earned it today.... but I had the same problem when I was sick the past two wknds - the longer I stayed in bed, the more pain I was in with my back and pelvis. It's harsh to realize that no matter how tired you are, getting out of bed is as much of a necessity as getting in it was to begin with!

Sally - no one could've said more comforting things to Jr'smom! Totally agreed with you on that! Nicely done. And how exciting with your progress!! Has me wondering what Lady Baby is up to tonight! First time daddies are just SOOO cute, too. I hope you guys are managing to have some fun with that! :)

Reelgeek - Does the last day of work feel like a major milestone? Having never really had that experience, I always thought that would feel like things were getting *real* for me if I did... just curious! Other WOHM, what do you think about that? Does it feel that way to any of you? I hope you get the extra time you need... seems like it would be fun to have a week or two to just chill as a pg mama. :)

AFM - Beyond movement of any kind becoming an all-consuming challenge, things are going ok. Had dh home for a rare mid-week night, which on one hand is nice and the other, is so outside of our norm that we didn't really know what to do with each other. SADLY... dtd is not really on the list. Idk if it will be for us at all until after the baby is here, honestly, though if things don't speed along I may demand some assistance in a couple of weeks. Between him being stressed out and tired from driving his max number of hours, both to prepare financially for the time off AND because leaving me is starting to make him anxious (third time daddies are pretty cute, too) so he's trying to get home as quickly and as often as he can, he's not worth much in bed these days, and I'm sorry to say I'm sort of grateful. I can't imagine even one position that would work for us. I'm so SO awkward!! But I miss that action!! We had so much fun before I got so huge...

I finally got an exercise ball to sit on, and it was a mixed review - it felt better to my back and hips immediately... and then the baby must've really either engaged or started squirming around, because my back started aching with that good old back labor sensation. NO. No please!! I actually got totally turned around and lost the other day and missed my chiro appt :( but I'm going in tomorrow, having found her office for sure in advance now. I'm sure baby is vertex, but I hope she can get him to turn anterior!! And being well-adjusted just sounds like such a great idea for birth.

My midwife is leaving Sunday and won't be back until May 22nd. Which is my birthday... I'm torn between really preferring she were in the next room, vs. her back-up midwife, but.. I don't know if I want to go that long! Like it's up to me. And as my midwife laughingly pointed out, it's not like I really want her there, anyway. Which... I mean, yes and no, right? Dh's birthday is the week before mine, so anytime in there would be fun. After clearing up some more questions about how things run at the birth center I feel even better about having the birth there. It's definitely our Plan A. Plan B would involve a labor so fast and sudden that we just couldn't get there on time, which I don't really anticipate happening.

And good grief! I keep having BHs, which is no big deal since they're not messing with my back right now, but the baby is NOT liking it. Felt like he was boxing in there just now.

We're still looking for a place to move to - found a house we really like today, in the cutest little town... can't wait to go back to see it with dh this wknd.

Can't wait to hear about Jr'smom and Baby later today!! heartbeat.gif

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie View Post

Can't wait to hear about Jr'smom and Baby later today!! heartbeat.gif

I'm not bringing my computer, so it will take a few days to update you guys, but thank you SO MUCH to everyone for all of the wonderful support!  Good luck, everyone!  I'll be praying for all of you!  I'm sure I'll miss several birth announcements and other exciting things while I'm away, but you're all in my thoughts, and I'll catch up.  I'm certainly not going to miss one birth story! 

I'll probably ask DH to bring my computer to the hospital before too long--but right now I'm not even bringing a magazine or book.  I know I just spend the first 24 hours or so constantly staring at my baby.  If she's like the others, she'll nurse non-stop too!  Can you tell I'm too excited (and still nervous) to sleep!  I've been awake since 1:30am.  In an hour now, it will be time to take a shower and get ready.  We have to leave at 5:30am to get there by 6:15 to check-in.  The surgery is now scheduled at 8:45am.  Hopefully everything goes easily and without complication.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:16 AM

Well, in a matter of less than 12 hours I have suddenly decided I DON'T want baby to come anytime soon! DD and DS went to bed slightly snotty and woke up with full blown sickies. Fever, super snotty noses, croupy, and just plain whiny. DD was sick when DS was born and it was just not fun. Sigh... don't want to deal with two sick kids and a newborn!!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 04-29-2011, 07:45 AM

Lizzie- I know what you mean by missing a few days of the thread.  I usually bow out after a few days as I just can't keep up ;-)  I hope your baby waits until your midwife is back.  Our bodies somehow are connected to our feeling of security to birth so hopefully it all works

Becca- I can totally relate to your not wanting a newborn to arrive while your other kiddos are sick.  When DD2 was born, DD1 had just started preschool and poor DD2 came down with so many colds and respiratory illnesses in her first 3 mths.  It was horrible to deal with breathing problems in a newborn.  I'm just hoping that this newborn doesn't bear the same thing.  DD2 was a fall baby and there were so many germs around.  Most spring/summer months my girls are healthy.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:29 AM

Jr'smom- I bet you've had your baby by now, and I know you aren't going to read this for days but CONGRATS! I hope everything went well!

Liz- I've had that oubic pain for weeks and then I found a stretch/pop that worked wonders. I lay on the bed with both knees up and together and then I slowly lower them together from one side to the other and back. It sometimes hurts but I do it through the pain and that usually leaves me popping something back into place and then I feel so much better.

AFM- I'm still waiting for a baby. More contractions but not a patterns and tons of achy back. And I've lost more plug. I'm getting a massage today and walking for as much as I can stand. DH and I DTD last night in hope that it would help things along but it's just left me VERY achy and with more of a hobble than normal. I think it must have opened up the cervix more and let Hannah move further down. It feels like she's between my knees. Have a great day everyone!

Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 AM

So, nothing new here since that hour long bout of painful contractions. I think it was due to DTD with DH, so it prompted something, but didn't stick apparently. Have had a few contractions since then, but back to painless tightening. I took DS to the local "beach," yesterday for about 2 hours and walked along in the sand, then DH got home early, so I went out for a walk while DS and DH rode their bikes. I didn't last very long due to lower pelvic pain..after we got back I had to sit on the balance ball, and every time I got up had excruitiating pain in my pelvic bones. I'm guessing DD is just making her way down and opening up that pelvis! After a full nights sleep I feel better, but still sore. I really don't want to go past my due date with this baby(due Monday), becuase DS was born on his due date last time and I've always heard 2nd babies come earlier. I know I'll be disappointed if I go past monday! On a positive note, I've gotten everything done that I can get done by myself, and already made DD's birthday cake, got my drinks chilling in the fridge, food ready..Baby can come at any point and I'll be completely ready. Going to go spend the day at my moms house laying by the pool. Should be a nice relaxing day! Oh, and I just got a new book, "Real Food for Mother and Baby" by Nina Planck and an Ipod 4g that I've been wanting for awhile yesterday so I've been able to keep busy with those!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

Old 04-29-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBone View Post

I really don't want to go past my due date with this baby(due Monday), becuase DS was born on his due date last time and I've always heard 2nd babies come earlier. I know I'll be disappointed if I go past monday! 

Unfortunately, that's an untrue myth. My mom had me at 35 weeks and my sister at 41. I had my first at 38 weeks and my second at 39 +4. Sooo.... do your best to be patient, but I feel the same way as you. I'm soooo ready to be done.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 04-29-2011, 11:20 AM

Oh man holy feeling of let down.  I had contraction 20 minutes apart for the whole day yesterday when I was school.  Got home and a few hours later nothing!!!  I thought our trip to the dentist this morning would help bring it on again.  Dear god Mason did not handle it well today.  Screamed the whole time and was put in one of those blankets.  We opted for the gas b4 anything started since he wheeped the whole yime last time.  I coached his dad to give him RR before the appointment or on their way. He assured me he had etc when I got there.  It was clear he didn't give him any through the procedure!  I went back to his house with Mason to cuddle and sooth him after the appointment and asked him for the RR for Mason.  Asshole pretends to get it from the bathroom and is all "oh we must have just ran out.  I hate that man he is such an asshole.  I don't understand how someone can lie so easily.  I also can'y understand why he wouldn't want to have or do what ever he could to help his son out.  Still playing dumb to all the shit while I sure up a lawyer.... I can't wait to be in a different state than that failure of a human.  Wow!whistling.gif

User Tag List