pubic bone pain anyone?! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-28-2011, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

holy crap...this is so painful. this just started happening today...i don't know if that's what it is but i think it is. it doesn't feel like a muscle, it just feels like the pubic bone on the left side very low. and every time i step on my left leg i am in pain...that and the braxton hicks...ouch. ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch. :( anyone else?

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#2 of 6 Old 04-28-2011, 08:52 PM

What felt like my whole pelvis started aching, and then sort of stabbing me acutely from time to time just last week. NOT a good time at all! It's mostly centered right on my pubic bone too.. the symphisis spreading a bit? I don't know, but yes, OUCH. My bhs are ok as long as they leave my back alone, and ... they haven't been. :(

Spin, Baby, spin!!

Hoping the chiro tomorrow - finally!! - will be able to help with all of this!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#3 of 6 Old 04-28-2011, 09:10 PM

Oh yeah.  I've had symphysis pubis dysfunction for a couple of months now.  Feels like someone is taking a sledgehammer and swinging it at my crotch on an hourly basis.  I'm sick and freaking tired of the constant pain!

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#4 of 6 Old 04-29-2011, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

that's what it feels like when i walk! ugh. 

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#5 of 6 Old 04-29-2011, 07:41 PM

Went to the chiro today for the first time this pg. Holy COW. I can't believe the difference - leaving that office I took the first pain free steps I've had in weeks, if not months. And I'm going back Monday. I just hope the work keeps this little bitty human anterior for the next few weeks!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#6 of 6 Old 09-29-2011, 08:26 PM

I have had agonizing pubic symphysis disorder with all three of my kids. I was wheelchair bound during the 2nd one, and found relief with my third child by visiting my chiropractor. He was a godsend. The pain didn't go away completely, but it was so much more bearable. I think the trick is to find a chiropractor who is trained in pregnancy. My chiropractor has a good website about pelvic pain that he just started it is http://www.backpainandpregnancy.blogspot.com
I checked it out and it had some really easy to follow tips. Best of luck all you sufferers, I feel your pain!
Alicia

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page