Slacking on packing hospital bag... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-29-2011, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm so ready to have this baby, but you'd be surprised looking at my hospital bag. I have everything for Josiah, almost everything for DH, but NOTHING in there for me! The suitcase is half packed, behind my loveseat in the living room. Part of the problem is I have a limited wardrobe and don't want to pack stuff I want to wear now. I just don't feel like packing it. I can't just have it in the car ready to go. I'm not buying extra shampoo, conditioner, etc. to just stay a single day in the hospital (24 hours from the first nursing). Anyone relate?

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#2 of 5 Old 04-29-2011, 06:25 AM

i certainly do.

you're doing better than i am, however.  i haven't even started packing a bag yet.  have sort of started a list of things i need to pack.  i tend to procrastinate.  when i went into labor with dd, my bag was only half packed.

really hoping to make some progress with this today.  we'll see.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#3 of 5 Old 04-29-2011, 11:36 AM

I actually did buy some little travel bottles for shampoo, etc., and put my shampoo in those (I'm really picky about my shampoo LOL) and then I bought some travel size things (mouthwash, body wash, etc.) as well as a toothbrush (I use a Sonicare at home, I'm not going to grab that at the last minute to take to the hospital), loofah, etc.

But, like you, I don't have extra clothes to have packed and ready.  I'm just trying to make sure that I'm keeping up on laundry so that I'll have something clean and ready to grab when it's time to go.

DH doesn't get a bag. lol.gif  If he wants one, he can pack his own.  But he's used to throwing stuff in a bag at the last minute anyway, and he likely will just head home to shower and everything after baby is born (we have an 8 and 5 year old, so it'd be good for all of them to get home and refreshed a bit and then return).

I can say that baby's bag is completely packed and ready to go though!  I just did that about 2 nights ago--as well as charged all my camera batteries and everything.  I will probably grab my laptop on the way out the door.

Carseat isn't in the car, but since we won't need that til we go home, it's not the end of the world if that's not done ahead of time.

Beth
Mama to DD 2.18.03, DS 3.18.06, DD 5.7.11

#4 of 5 Old 04-29-2011, 12:13 PM

I "packed" a bag 3 hrs before I had the baby (in case of emergency transfer) - minimal amt of stuff, nothing for dp. Glad I didn't have to use it, as I probably forgot about almost everything!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#5 of 5 Old 05-01-2011, 05:30 AM

With my last 2 I packed in labor but this time I'm packing for my 2 kids, also. So I'm all done. I bought new clothes and indulged in a bunch of those travel sized shampoos, toothpaste, etc from Target. And a new cosmetic bag. I'm very excited smile.gif

My kids are going to a friend's house so I bought them new stuff, too (things they needed anyway, for summer).

I need to write a list of last minute stuff (glasses, camera etc).

DH will pack his own.

DS (6.06), DD (10.08), DD (05.11).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page