The. Fabulous. May. Chat. Thread. Week 1 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 119 Old 05-03-2011, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow. I haven't been on the site in a few days and it seems like piles of stuff has happened for everyone! Sending quick labour vibes for those who want it and 'stay put' vibes for those who need more time to prepare. :)

So cool to see how many babies have been born already!

I've been on maternity leave for 2 days now, I cleaned the house to an insane degree, got my preregistration at the hospital signed and picked out my pediatrician today. She's awesome, trained at Yale Medical school but has a homeopathy degree and a degree in nutrition as well. She'll even do care for the parents if they request it, which is awesome because I have two metabolic disorders and haven't found a Dr. here I like yet. My plan for tomorrow is hanging out with friends who are home during the day, and getting a mani-pedi. My SIL/doula arrives on the 7th and I have two dinner plans with folks in from out of country for the weekend, so I'm hoping my little guy is a timing freak like me and shows up on the 12th.

My little sister keeps singing at me that I'm going to go this week because of my insano cleaning yesterday, which is a little annoying. I know she's had 4 kids, but I scheduled my cleaning freak out, so I don't think it's an indicator.

My mom, who is normally super awesome, decided that instead of flying down (which she claimed was too expensive) she is going to drive down to SF from Vancouver Island. This is actually going to be more expensive with all the hotel stays and gas. That alone wasn't an issue - but then she said she's bringing her boyfriends 12 year old with her. She was supposed to be staying at my place on the couch. I explained that this is my first baby and that I'm going to be half naked, learning to breast feed and becoming a parent (she's coming a week and a half after I'm due). I do not want a 12 year old boy in a sleeping bag in my living room. I offered to fly her down, but now she's set on driving and bringing this kid with her. So now I'm putting them up in a hotel. I'm more sad that her visit isn't going to be about hanging out with me and the baby, like she said. Instead of full time Mom help, I'll get 2 - 3 hours a day along with dealing with a 12 year old who needs to be entertained. I know she wants to be a tourist and this is her way of ensuring that, but I'm still bummed out. Why wouldn't she just go on vacation somewhere else then? Oh well, trying to not get too hung up on it. There are worse problems in the world. :)

Aside from that, everything is going super well. Even the low down hip stretching head butting of my cervix isn't so bad I can't deal with it. I'm 39 weeks on Thursday and optimistic that things are progressing nicely.

#62 of 119 Old 05-03-2011, 07:37 PM

reelgeek - I ALSO scheduled my cleaning freak out, but didn't think it'd be as freak-outy as it's been (years of grime gone from the oven/walls/sink in the kitchen, baby clothes meticulously washed, folded, sorted by size and use, DP has painted SO much in the last few days and we're getting all the floors slowly deep-cleaned)

I'm due Thurs, started having some bloody show today a few hours before my midwife appt., and have been having lots of below-the-belly-button heaviness and kind of period cramping/backache, but kiddo hasn't dropped fully and no official contractions yet... midwife assured me it's all normal and I'll KNOW when I'm having contractions - and to try and get some extra sleep now, stay well-hydrated and eat! orngbiggrin.gif

AAAAH! (you get to decide whether that's excited or freaking out) winky.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by reelgeek View Post

I scheduled my cleaning freak out, so I don't think it's an indicator.
#63 of 119 Old 05-03-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkElmo View Post

I'll take that as excitement. :)  Glad to know I'm not the only one who schedules such things. My cleaning was definitely more in depth then I planned. I even walked my husband through it all when he got home "See that? Remember that wall smudge?" Hahah!

#64 of 119 Old 05-03-2011, 07:55 PM

KarenMT and Bluepetals, I read your posts, jump on that wagon and think, yeah! Get here babies! Then remember that I'm not due for 3.5 weeks! So focusing that "get here vibe" on you guys. Karen I hope things continue to go so well with your midwives and that baby of yours gets in the right position and stays there! :) Bluepetals, I hope things start going QUICKLY so you'll have plenty of time to relax at the cottage - thought this whole time that sounds like so much fun! :)

Happy to see you, BHappy! :) I have to keep reminding myself how much time I have ... I wish I could believe that everything going on would mean I might have this little one a bit early, but I'm trying very had to convince myself I'll go the full forty so I can just relax and focus on all the things I need to accomplish first!

Reelgeek, with not seeing you here for a couple of days I wondered if you may have had your little one! I noticed SallyNichole hasn't been around either... hmmm. I'm sorry things aren't working out like you'd hoped with your mom - I bet she'll wish she'd been able to spend more time with you after the fact! But it sounds like you're otherwise enjoying your last few  days of pregnancy! :)

PunkElmo, I hope those diapers all work out for you! Good tip on the PUL - I think my mom thinks it needs to be babied rather than dried well. This is my first time using cloth and I was so thankful when a girlfriend sent me all of hers! Major score. My mom's been making some too, so we'll see how they all work out!

AFM - Another totally reasonable day. Even got out and accomplished some things! And I've found that the more eye contact I avoid, the less silly commentary I'm subjected to - just hard to retrain myself as I'm used to acknowledging anyone I pass. As long as I wear my belly support band thing, having the baby parked on my pubic bone isn't nearly as aggravating. Tomorrow I'm making a couple of freezer meals - thank you Mama Chef for the tips on freezing lasagna and Bluepetals for the recipes! - and I finally meet my back-up midwife Thursday, my aunt gets here Friday, and we'll have the inspection done on the house Saturday. Maybe we'll go up to Ashville and play tourist afterwards, if I think I can handle it. And the car seat gets here tomorrow, so that will be exciting! :) Really hoping this energy stays with me for a couple more weeks!

ETA: Sounds like excitement PunkElmo! How happy!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#65 of 119 Old 05-03-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChef View Post

Bluepetals.. My appt is today and I want her to do a sweep if she can get in.  My due date was 2 days ago, although hers is later, but Im pretty sure on my dates at this point.  I do appreciate the post dates leeway, but I want my membranes swept.. LOL.  My midwife is really hands off so I hope she will do it.  Im having lotsa contractions and downward pressure and my cervix is definitely forward and super soft.. It's just not very dilated.  Im so sick of being pregnant though, Im already touched out with my toddler and I just want this baby to get out of my belly.  It's time.

Oh.. and my blood pressure was up a little last week (128/78), so Id like baby to just go ahead and make that a non issue.

I'm realizing my BP is higher throughout pregnancy than most people's...my starting BP at my first appt was 118/78 so my MW hasn't been too concerned when it's been up from that.

I'm not due yet, but I feel you on being touched out...I don't want anyone touching me anymore.  I'm ready to be done.

Quote:

reelgeek - I ALSO scheduled my cleaning freak out, but didn't think it'd be as freak-outy as it's been (years of grime gone from the oven/walls/sink in the kitchen, baby clothes meticulously washed, folded, sorted by size and use, DP has painted SO much in the last few days and we're getting all the floors slowly deep-cleaned)

I'm due Thurs, started having some bloody show today a few hours before my midwife appt., and have been having lots of below-the-belly-button heaviness and kind of period cramping/backache, but kiddo hasn't dropped fully and no official contractions yet... midwife assured me it's all normal and I'll KNOW when I'm having contractions - and to try and get some extra sleep now, stay well-hydrated and eat! orngbiggrin.gif

Those are good signs!!  And just so you know my contractions were like period cramping so pay attention to if they are coming at regular intervals.orngbiggrin.gif  I always thought I'd feel them all over my stomach but nope, only down low(and yes, they did get more painful than just period cramps.)

AFM:  I'm officially in the clear for my homebirth now having reached 37 weeks.  I'm almost finished getting everything ready for it as well...now to just move my kids back into their room and out of mine.  Just have to either make curtains for their room or buy blackout curtains so that they are actually able to get some sleep in there.  Now if I had energy to really clean it would be great.  We did a decent clean up yesterday before my MW's home visit but it still wasn't thorough enough for me.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#66 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 06:02 AM

Thanks for the info on membrane sweeping. I'll ask my midwife about it today.. I didn't want to do any interventions unless they were going to do any good. Good to know this is a gentle-ish one. :)

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#67 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 06:57 AM

Boy, there have been a lot of posts! I've been trying to focus on sleeping when Ev sleeps - got pretty sleep deprived and was starting to get loopy (aka delusional).

So many mamas so close! I'm rooting for all of you smile.gif.

ReelGeek - fingers crossed!!!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#68 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 07:09 AM

my BP's also a little on the high side... as I joked to my boss last week (but it kinda wasn't actually a joke)... I lowered it significantly by switching midwives!  my baseline with the old midwife was 130/90 (and she FREAKED when it went to 130/100)... my readings with the new midwives are as low as 122/70... and they'll take it again NO sweat if they get a highish reading - let me breathe and relax (or just get into a more comfortable position) - I find it's lower after we check the baby and hear the heartbeat ;)

My crampy sensations aren't at regular intervals - just kind of a dull consistent ache... I had heard that some women don't even know they're in labor because the early stages are NOTHING compared to their severe menstrual cramps, I've kind of felt that was going to be my case all along... but my midwives say "oh, you'll KNOW when you have a contraction... it's like an orgasm... if you're not sure you had one, you didn't" lol.gif

still getting spots of blood, backache, etc... and the house is finally clean enough that I might be able to give birth - lol!  still need to sweep and mop the living room, test-run (maybe even leave out) the tub, oh! and take some pictures of the biggest belly I'll probably ever have (fine print: future pregnancies may be excluded from this "biggest belly" statement) - it seems like it's S-L-O-W-L-Y dropping, like a cm at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post
Those are good signs!!  And just so you know my contractions were like period cramping so pay attention to if they are coming at regular intervals.orngbiggrin.gif  I always thought I'd feel them all over my stomach but nope, only down low(and yes, they did get more painful than just period cramps.)

#69 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:

My crampy sensations aren't at regular intervals - just kind of a dull consistent ache... I had heard that some women don't even know they're in labor because the early stages are NOTHING compared to their severe menstrual cramps, I've kind of felt that was going to be my case all along... but my midwives say "oh, you'll KNOW when you have a contraction... it's

I'm getting a lot of mentrual like cramps too.  My menstrual cramps have also not been the type  to be at an interval but rather a consistant ache.  My labors (particularly the first one) was probably much easier because of the bad  menstrual cramps I had as a teen though truthfully felt nothing like menstrual cramps for the labor.  I'm also have 2-3 good braxton hix an hour throughout the day.  Hoping that means the labor will be over quick.

#70 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 08:13 AM

I think I meant punkelmo fingers crossed - I told you all I was loopy! Those are good "getting closer" signs!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#71 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 08:36 AM

You know, just as I comment to my OB yesterday that my migraines had lightened up over the last week, one hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday. It's so frustrating. I can't wait until this little one is out of me so I can take ibuprofen again. It seems to be the only non-narcotic that works!

Some interesting pelvic/pubic/cervical sensations lately. I think he may be sliding lower. I've been doing belly lifts and sitting on my yoga ball a lot in hopes that it helps things along. As much as I'd like to wait until the 16th, I am ready to get back on track toward being "normal" again.

Ok, ok, ok, I just want to hold my baby. I've considered taking castor oil, but feel guilty taking it behind DH's back since he wants me to "wait" (inasmuch as I have control over this kind of thing).

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#72 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camprunner View Post

I'm getting a lot of mentrual like cramps too.  My menstrual cramps have also not been the type  to be at an interval but rather a consistant ache.  My labors (particularly the first one) was probably much easier because of the bad  menstrual cramps I had as a teen though truthfully felt nothing like menstrual cramps for the labor.  I'm also have 2-3 good braxton hix an hour throughout the day.  Hoping that means the labor will be over quick.

With my dd, nothing felt even vaguely menstrual to me, but then it was pretty much all back labor! With ds, it was just like menstrual cramps - and so much happier than the back labor!! Still they were fairly mild. The warm tub was amazing for that. But I never had "bad" cramps until last year, so while they certainly got more interesting as ds's labor moved forward, they were never as bad as dd's back labor, which, really, just wasn't that bad! Neither labor even touched the worst pain I've ever had which was a chronic shoulder injury. THAT was freaking excruciating!! Between knowing what I was working towards and being up and moving and progressing steadily with dd, even the back pain was fairly easy to deal with. I know every one has different pain tolerances and experiences - certainly we're all different and I know birth tears some women apart, literally as well as figuratively (I don't want to minimize what many have been through!) and my tolerance is supposed to be high, but birth just was not that painful for me, nor did I expect it to be based on what my mother told me, so having that attitude probably helped me to relax, which of course always helps with pain.

For you first time mamas, I would say JUST KEEP MOVING. If one position hurts, try another - sometimes they all hurt, but maybe you'll find one that hurts less. My mom told me two things that really helped me - advice I've heard from others as well - first just get through each contraction, don't start thinking about all of the others to follow, you only have to deal with one at a time, and second, when you really think you can't take it anymore, that usually means transition and your baby will probably be in your arms within minutes!

And definitely, you'll know when the contractions are "real"! If you don't, then bonus - easy labor! :)

Dh just got a much better and very unexpected job offer.... so now it's looking like we're buying/moving into a house, having a baby, and dh is changing jobs, all this month. FABulous!

#73 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie View Post

Dh just got a much better and very unexpected job offer.... so now it's looking like we're buying/moving into a house, having a baby, and dh is changing jobs, all this month. FABulous!

Holy smokes! LOL :)

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#74 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 10:10 AM

PunkElmo- Yipee for all that progress.  It sounds like your body is slowly preparing for full on labor

ReelGeek- Sorry about the plans your mom is making.  I would be a bit peeved myself and I give you credit with all those preggo hormones for not losing it.  I felt similarly with my first when my in-laws came at 3 weeks post partum.  I had to go in my room every time I was nursing as it would have insulted my FIL (he is older and from Iran so some cultural differences).  I envy you being able to get all that cleaning done.  With the kids and me still doing some contracting work, I can just keep up with the normal housework/laundry.  I get spurts of time on the weekend to tackle itty bitty projects.

Lizzie- enjoy your next 3+ weeks with baby growing and gaining and the heck with what anyone says to you. The comment I get tired of is "You're carrying all out front".  "That's going to be a boy!".  To which I have to say, this is exactly how I carried my last two kids and last I checked they were girls-LOL  Good luck with the freezer meals.  I am about to go and bake a cranberry bread and banana bread.

L&K's Mommie- Yippee that you are cleared for your home birth.  It is a huge relief once you have that home visit and get past the pre-term to full-term zone.  Mind you, my kids always want to cook until my due date and beyond.

AFM- just trying to finish up some contracting work for my prior company and get an invoice out to them.  Switching to a HB is definitely a financial burden and it is only possible because the midwife is allowing me to pay over several years.  I hope to pay it off fairly quickly once I am working FT but no idea when that will happen.

#75 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies I'm wishing you all the best, congrats on the Dh job offer lizzie!

Love the first time mama advice as well.

I have to fess up and sorry to be negative but I'm just miserable. 39+4 and I'm incredibly grumpy. I am working less and tomorrow is my last day at work... which this week is 20 hrs from my house.

I have more time and I am napping and relaxing. I don't know why but I'm having trouble with the anytime nature of things right now. I went for a forty minute walk this morning thinking it would change my mood but it didn't.

I have been getting through the days but when Dh comes home I get antsy and start acting childish/miserable/impatient... and its turned things over the last few days from normal to tense... he wants me to chill out (relax and enjoy this time of rest! I know he's right too). And I say that I do pretty well during the days but when he comes home I want to vent.

Anyway maybe the grumps are part of the hormone shift. Sorry for the vent!!

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#76 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 11:07 AM

Lizzie, congrats on dh's job offer! Good luck with all your coming changes.

Annaconda: I'm only 36 weeks 3 days but I know how you feel. I work about 20 hours or so a week from home ALL the time and it doesn't make it as easy as I thought it would while pregnant. I still have my kids to keep up with during all the other hours too and my feet swell just from sitting at a desk!  I will be working until 40 weeks 2 day because that is when a natural break comes anyway.  I too have noticed a marked hormone shift. 

Midwives should be here in less than two hours.  I discovered this morning that the stroller I was thinking about has been discontinued so am planning to comfort myself by purchasing a Beco Gemini off of craigslist tomorrow.  I wasn't considering the stroller too seriously anyway thinking my old one should be fine but I haven't looked at it yet and after the co-sleeper was destroyed, I became a little anxious.

#77 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 12:56 PM

don't think i've joined in on a chat thread in over a month.  seems like every time i look, they're already at dozens of posts and it's just so overwhelming to respond.

i must say it is pretty exciting to be hearing about all the babies arriving.  never thought i'd be so tickled about other people giving birth, but i really feel like we've been through a lot together these last nine months.  looking forward to hearing more birth stories and seeing all those beautiful babes.

as for me, i'm really feeling anti-social as of late.  been staying close to home, just hanging out with dd and enjoying time with her.  my mom arrived on saturday and is here through the 17th.  my sister and her family arrive on friday and stay through monday.  coming for mother's day weekend (and it's also my mom's 70th birthday on monday).  was so sure there would be a baby here by then for them to meet, but no such luck yet.  could still happen.

due date was yesterday.  dd came on her due date (well, i went into labor on due date and had her the following day).  guess i thought this one would be early (right on time at the latest).  i am at peace, however.  baby will come when s/he is ready.  will be ready when the time comes.  there's so much i wanted to get done, but haven't, but i honestly don't care at this point.  we have everything that baby needs and s/he will be loved and well cared for and that's all that matters.

thinking of you all, sending you blissful birthing vibes and wishing you happy babymoons! love.gif

dayiscoming2006 and BHappy like this.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#78 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 01:37 PM

This is so true!  Once a contraction hits, you'll know it.  I've been having the menstrual cramp like feeling as well, but I've also been having full-on contractions.  For me, at least, contractions are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY amplified "cramps" that engulf my entire uterus, not just the bottom like menstrual cramps tend to do.

Quote:
but my midwives say "oh, you'll KNOW when you have a contraction... it's like an orgasm... if you're not sure you had one, you didn't" lol.gif

Baby is sooooo low.  I'm so ready for her to come out already.  I have an appointment tomorrow, and I'll ask my OB to strip my membranes again.  Funny enough, I have my weekly chiro adjustment right after my OB appointment.  Here's hoping the membrane stripping followed immediately by an adjustment will put me right into labor.  I am so ready.  (Will be 40 weeks on Friday.) 

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#79 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaconda View Post

I have to fess up and sorry to be negative but I'm just miserable. 39+4 and I'm incredibly grumpy. I am working less and tomorrow is my last day at work... which this week is 20 hrs from my house.

Maybe we need a "tired of being pregnant" vent thread. I'm so irritable, tired, achy, and just plain not enjoying pregnancy anymore. I feel you completely!

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#80 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 03:23 PM

Hugs to everyone feeling done done done.  I feel done, but not desperate about it...it's more a logistics thing for me at this point that I want baby out without having to worry about where we're going to stay for the week after the birth!  Sigh.  This home-away-from-home birth thing is kind of a pain, but I know it'll be worth it in the end. 

We ended up doing a stretch but no sweep.  My cervix is quite soft but not particularly effaced, and it's firmer as you approach baby, so the midwife could get two fingers and an do lots of stretching, but when it came to the sweep she just couldn't get in there enough to sweep around, plus she said the membrane is quite firmly attached and she didn't want to overdo it and risk rupturing them.  Strangest sensation when she brought my cervix anterior - baby's head moved down a little with it and eeeeeeeow the pressure on my bladder!  LOL!  I have had some cramping/BH on and off in the couple of hours since she did it, but nothing significant.  She put some EPO in there, too - I might get some and try continuing that on my own between now and my next appointment (Monday).

The strangest thing - my urine is still clear from protein, I am not having any more swelling than last week (I weigh the same), and my diastolic is down in the 70s.  But my systolic is up again, now high 140s.  I'm not sure if I'm feeling more day-to-day stress than I give myself credit for, or if it's a bit of white coat anxiety that's building in the moments before she takes my BP, or what.  It's bizarre.  Any ideas on how to bring that upper number down?  I know it's the lower one they care about most, but I would feel nicer knowing the top # is within reason as well!  I am drinking loads of water, taking the occasional cal/mag supplement (I suck at remembering supplements!), eating loads of cucumber, trying to spend time resting on my left side....

#81 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 06:32 PM

Had my MW appointment this morning. I'm still only 2 cm dialated, 80% effaced and baby's at 0 station (I think?) cervix is fairly soft, but not that soft. She asked me if I wanted her to do anything, and I asked her what she thought. She told me that baby was posterior again(ugh, this happened with DS and I had terribly long and intense back labor the whole time). Up until now, she's been anterior, but now she's posterior. So, after she told me that I decided against membrane sweeping in hopes I can get her in a more desirable position before labor starts. Doing lots of hands and knees position, sitting on the exercise ball, and squatting. Any other tips out there from you doulas for getting the baby in a good position for labor? Is there anything I can do during labor to get her to turn in case she doesn't beforehand? I need tips! If I make it to 41 weeks, I've scheduled a NST and BPP for Monday, the 9th. I hope I don't make it til then! She also suggested using a breastpump.

#82 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post
Holy smokes! LOL :)

Right??!! LOL, feeling very blessed, grateful and very .... surprised! We were laughing about how we hadn't been looking for this house - we'd had no plans to buy and thought it was only for rent, then essentially stumbled into a good deal with everything we wanted. And he hadn't been looking for this job either! It just showed up - he'd put in several applications back in January after the job we'd moved here for fell through, and they finally decided they needed him. Still trucking, sigh, but better pay, better miles, closer to home for the most part, and oddly enough, the terminal is significantly closer to our new house than his current job. And for that matter, we weren't looking for this baby when we "found" him either, so lots of very unexpected happiness all coming together at once. Gotta love that. :) Then today we found out that one of the issues with the house that we expected to be a major repair is actually going to be quite simple and straightforward - probably even fixed today, but we'll know about that tomorrow. YAY!! 

Thank you ALL for the well wishes on dh's job! heartbeat.gif

If you remember the drama surrounding my mom coming out here between dh and I, you'll be amused to hear that since he *has* to start this new job on the 17th of this month ( not the best timing, but again, he shouldn't be too far away and they said they'd work with him since I'm so pg) he suggested my mom could possibly come out sooner rather than later to be here for me. And she is! She'll be here the 24th! Yay! Made me laugh to hear him bring it up though. :)

And now dh is really hoping I have the baby before the 17th of course... I may start hitting the pineapple, EPO and doing some laps somewhere. :) He should be home most if not all of next week so I told him he'll have a big part to play in that idea if he really wants it to happen. FINE BY ME if it works... and I think I'll have the baby sometime on Memorial Day Weekend. :)

Nice - dd just showed me a big rashy, itchy patch on her leg.... No idea what she got into playing in the yard. If that's the deal... it doesn't look like poison ivy but it could be anything - she's my itchy reactive kiddo.

I get to meet my back-up midwife tomorrow! I need to make some notes to go over with her jic she actually is the mw on duty when baby decides to roll on in here. Wondering how things will go but sure it will be fine.

KarenMT, You really are getting all the same comments! Lol! I am trying to do just that... I can tell my body is in the warm up period, but I'm pretty sure I'll probably go the whole 40 weeks. And of course I'm hoping that if I tell myself that just often enough, this LO will show up sooner and catch me totally off guard. :) Why didn't I think of some happy breads! I love making those - I'll have to get some banana and zucchini bread going. Maybe even some friendship bread. That's always fun. And those will fit in my freezer!

Annaconda, if it will help you laugh, I have to tell you I read your post and thought, Oh WOW... how on EARTH is she working so far from home?? (twenty hours from home...) At this stage of her pg?? THEN I pulled my brain back out of my ... uterus, I suppose, and realized of course you meant you were working FROM HOME, for twenty hours a week! Good grief!! ROTFLMAO.gif I can't imagine being 39+ weeks which is just silly, since I went to 40 both times before... Big hugs!!

Becca, you too, Big hugs!! I hope everyone is beginning to recover!

kmb9906, I'm really hoping my chiro adjustments are going to facilitate a quicker, earlier labor than before... and again, I'm trying not to get my hopes up! But you're 3 weeks farther along, so I hope that works out for you!! 

MrsBone, I hope something works! My baby has been just spinning away, but not settling down where i want him - he was anterior for most of today though, so I'm hoping he's starting to like that position! Really hoping for you that back labor is NOT what you get this time. Have you considered a chiropractic adjustment? I don't know that it would help, but I do think my baby has been spending more time anterior now that I'm straightened out a bit! I hope someone has some better tips - I've been doing everything you're already doing too!

I've noticed a couple of mamas that haven't posted yet this week who were close... I hope we hear from them soon!!

#83 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 PM

a couple mamas have posted on the facebook group that they have had their babies! if you guys haven't joined us there yet, please do! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_191180267586508

i am definitely feeling DONE! i am only 37 weeks...please come early baby...please...but not too early...

i got all my free diapers today!!! i picked up 19 bumgenius from a lady off freecycle, plus some rocking green detergent and funk buster, and tons of inserts! i also got 3 other bumgenius, probably 15-20 prefolds, 4 covers, and some disposable inserts and microfibre inserts for the bumgenius! sheesh. what a good score!

this pubic bone pain is annoying, but whatever. if i walk too much it kills...if we dtd it kills...if i lay in one position for too long it kills. my midwife told me it could be a varicose vein (dh says it isn't) or a ligament, which i think is highly likely. they told me pretty much not to do anything except lay around...me and the m&ms are pretty content with that... whistling.gif

i am sooo grumpy lately. soooooooooooooooo grumpy. i am just feeling pretty done in general. this morning i was woken up every 1-1.5 hours (probably 4 times consistently) with PAINFUL braxton hicks. i know that i need to clean up my house and finalize some things and get some other things and blah blah blah but i am just so tired! my friend reassured me that i will nest when my body recognizes the need to nest, and for now i should respect that it needs to rest. so i am...now watch this baby will show up any second. yikes. 

okay maybe i'll clean tomorrow. lol.gif

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#84 of 119 Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

A few things.

Firstly I keep meaning to post I found a good dtd position. I sleep on the left side of our bed. I roll on my rt side and my butt is facing off the bed. Between the two of us we can keep my left leg in the air or resting on Dh for long enough... the key is warming up first and finishing that way. Sorry if tmi!

I just nested for like 5 hrs and my house is awesome. I had an hour of consistent surges this afternoon and then rested... just tweaked out on my house. That was the best nest I've had - the real deal where my mind and body are sort of flying and I can't stop for certain things because I know I need to keep moving. Cleaned the kitchen, organized the pantry, cleaned and vacuumed the living room, folded two loads of laundry, blew up the stability ball... I'm so psyched!

I just had a beer to help me calm down... I have this manic gleam in my eye and Dh just about burst with laughter when he heard the vacuum on at 11pm. Here's to a good nights sleep everyone!

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#85 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaconda View Post

Dh just about burst with laughter when he heard the vacuum on at 11pm. Here's to a good nights sleep everyone!

My saving grace is a clause in our lease agreement that says I'm not allowed to vacuum after 9PM. DH told me I wasn't allowed to do anymore laundry when I brought a fresh basket into the living room at 10:30 last night. I don't know how I'm gonna ever get caught up on laundry when I'm doing laundry for 5 people...

Kids are *almost* better. DH is looking better too. I have a nasty migraine today, so I'm hoping it goes away fast. Had some pink discharge yesterday, and DTD was extremely uncomfortable, maybe even painful. I was hoping to wake up with contractions, but instead I woke with the migraine... Go fig...

Anyone for a Cinco baby? We've been quite quiet lately. I wouldn't mind a Cinco baby...

#86 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post

i am sooo grumpy lately. soooooooooooooooo grumpy. i am just feeling pretty done in general. this morning i was woken up every 1-1.5 hours (probably 4 times consistently) with PAINFUL braxton hicks. i know that i need to clean up my house and finalize some things and get some other things and blah blah blah but i am just so tired! my friend reassured me that i will nest when my body recognizes the need to nest, and for now i should respect that it needs to rest. so i am...now watch this baby will show up any second. yikes. 

okay maybe i'll clean tomorrow. lol.gif

With my first, I never got the need to nest. My version of nesting was begging dh to help me clean the house (he can mess up way faster than I can clean up!).  He insisted that everyone said I would nest which he took to mean that I woiuld clean up the entire house like some sort of magic tornado before the baby came and he sat watching TV.  When my water broke, he said "What! You haven't gone your cleaning spree yet! It can't be time!" lol.gif  Baby came home to a horribly messy house.

ETA: This time when I've been asking him to clean, he's been on top of it to the best of his ability!  He remembers the first one and I think appreciates the second one where I nested for 6 weeks (again, it was very necessary that I nest)

#87 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 09:08 AM

L&KsMommie,
That is a great blood pressure.  Mine is usually 110/high 60s or 70.  Midwife isnt worried at all.  I just had such low blood pressure my first pregnancy.  It was 100/60 consistantly.. and I know mine would have to go up alot to risk me out, but as I reach the end I dont want ANY complications.

Becca,
I hope your migraines back off.  Maybe it is a sign of hormone changes meaning the baby should be here soon.  I hear you on the castor oil.  Ive thought about it too but it did squat last time I was pregnant so it's easy to unthink of it :)  I trust herbs more.

Lizzie,
So much is going on for you and you are handling it so well!  Id be crazy if we were having so much change and a baby!  But it's all good stuff and Im really happy for you.  Congrats!

Karen,
So glad you found a way to work with your midwife!

samstress,
Im glad you popped in.  Ive missed you.  Im feeling antisocial too.  I dont want to deal with people at all so I just go do the things I absolutely must.. but Ive been staying away from everyone else.  I know my friends all mean well, but I dont want to talk about birth or what my plans are or who "exciting" it is.. or whatever.  Ive been doing lotsa crafts with DD and spending time with her, enjoying these last days of just the two of us.  I am increasingly excited for her though, I know she is going to love having a baby sister and it is going to bring so much into all of our lives.. so Im not sad like I once was about it no longer being the two of us.  If that makes any sense.

bluepetals, you can try motherswort tincture.. read up about it and see if it sounds like something that would work for you.

MrsBone,
If you have a pregnancy pillow coil it up and try laying in it on your belly.  I dont recommend squatting because that brings  baby down in whatever position they are in especially if you have a baby at O.. 0 is at your spines, so any lower and they get a bit wedged there.  Infact, inversions would likely be more productive for you then squats if your baby is at 0.  YMMV.  Rebozo sifting can be helpful, get on your hands and knees or lean over your birth ball and get a wide piece of fabric around your belly.  Have your partner stand behind and above you and pull your belly up just enough to relieve your back pressure.  He doesnt want to do it hard, just to support and slightly lift.. and then shift back and forth.. just a jiggle, a couple inches each way.  Very gentle.  Do this for as long as he can.  Atleast 5 minutes, rest and repeat once.. and try several times a day.  Good luck.

AFM,
Contractions all day yesterday..and not the braxton hicks kind.. they werent painful, but definitely much different then the last few weeks and coming every 12-15 minutes. I finally got the hint yesterday evening that I need to bind up my belly to get the baby pointed in the right direction after a full day of them when my uterus was ready to take a break.  So frustrating.  I know if I had been able to get that message earlier I woulda made alot more progress... but Im thankful for the sleep.  I was losing lotsa mucus yesterday but no "plug".. assumed I just would lose it slowly.

Woke up this morning to my plug and some red blood.. so Im curious to see if the contractions pick back up today.  Come on baby.. we are ready for you.  Today is a beautiful sunny day and it would be so nice to be able to labor outside.  I think rain is coming for the foreseeable future so that wont be an option soon.

#88 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 01:28 PM

Headache got really bad today. My MIL, God bless her, came over and did some laundry and watched the kids so I could take a nap. I ended up taking a lot longer nap than normal and feel a TON better. Unfortunately, I just found out she's going to be out of town from Wed until Tue the 17th... yeah right at my due date. She didn't plan the trip, it's her niece's college graduation. She's also going with the majority of the women from his side of the family. We're not relying on her for anything like watching the kids or whatever (her home isn't a safe place for too many reasons to mention here) but she'll miss seeing the baby if we have him in that 6 day window... Guess I can't please everyone. Although, I'd really really like to have him before Wed... I'd like to have him before tomorrow...

#89 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 03:05 PM

Well, went to the chiropractor today, a husband/wife team that My SIL(who is a chirpractor in vegas) recommended. She's a certified Webster Technique specialist, and she adjusted me. Baby moved almost immediately to anterior, and stayed there for awhile, but now she's moving all over the place again. I'm going to go again tomorrow if I'm not in labor, and try to sit in more conducive positions for the rest of the evening. I'm going to a bible study tonight, so I'm going to bring my exercise ball with me(we're all pretty good friends, so I don't think they'll care). I hope this baby stays in a good position!

#90 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 03:28 PM

MamaChef and Ms Bone- I hope those babies are born soon!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page