The. Fabulous. May. Chat. Thread. Week 1 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Had an appointment today, and I'm 3cm!!  My OB stripped my membranes again, and I had a chiro adjustment right after my OB appointment.  Here's hoping that's the 1-2 punch I need for an exciting weekend! :)  I do want her to come, but right now, I'm just thrilled with the progress I'm making on my own.  With DD, I walked into my induction at 42 weeks just 30% effaced and not dilated at all.  The fact that I am fully effaced and dilated to 3cm is awesome!  It also opens the door for a (gentle) induction rather than an automatic RCS if I go 2 weeks late.  (I REALLY hope I don't go 2 weeks...)  My chiropractor said that my ligaments are really loose, as I adjusted really well and easily today.  He thinks I'll have her this weekend, so we'll see. :)

My maternity leave began today!  (That's another reason I hope she's not super late ... I want to spend every day of my leave snuggling her!!)  I don't have to be back until Sept. 6, and I do have the option of extending my leave by a month, so that's nice.  It feels good to be done though.  Working definitely helped the days go by faster, but it'll feel good to wake up tomorrow and not have to be at work by 730am.  :)

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#92 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 06:53 PM

MamaChef- I hope your contractions turn into true labor

MrsBond- I hope your baby stays anterior. I am just going nutty with this baby's position.

Becca- I sure hope you don't wake to another headache. I haven't had a migraine in a while but they are all consuming and soooo painful

kmb9906 - Yeah for all that progress!

AFM: I am either very close to labor or just at the "done" point.  My EDD is this Sunday and baby is either in a ROA or ROP position.  He/she keeps floating between anterior and posterior.  Sometimes the legs are totally out front and sometimes they are off to the left side.  I have an anterior placenta and I think that that's why all of the exercises and such are not putting this baby into that left side. Today I tried washing the floors on all fours and doing pelvic rocking and all but baby never moved.  I am just totally stressing out that I won't go into labor because the baby's head is not engaged.- I mean baby is head down but hasn't "dropped".   I know that all these pre-labor hormones are making me a total nut about this.  I think I have to find peace with the baby's position and hope that he/she turns during labor as most babies do.

#93 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 07:05 PM

I may be risking death by posting here, but hopefully she won't mind.  Just wanted to let you know that it looks like reelgeek is very possibly in labour (I am her awesome SIL/doula, who isn't arriving until Saturday :( ) Looks like I'll probably be doing PP doula-ing instead.

I'll let her announce any arrivals herself though.

PS Reelgeek...please please don't kill me...I'm bringing you maple syrup!  Think of the children!

dayiscoming2006 likes this.
#94 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedofbast View Post

I may be risking death by posting here, but hopefully she won't mind.  Just wanted to let you know that it looks like reelgeek is very possibly in labour (I am her awesome SIL/doula, who isn't arriving until Saturday :( ) Looks like I'll probably be doing PP doula-ing instead.

I'll let her announce any arrivals herself though.

PS Reelgeek...please please don't kill me...I'm bringing you maple syrup!  Think of the children!

ROTFLMAO.gifthanks for posting!!! ELVs being sent your way, reelgeek! i hope our labour is beautiful and fast and without complications!!!

so guess who scored a free chiropractor appointment?! me!!! (as if you actually needed to guess, haha)
my old chiropractor place that i used to go to 3 times a week but couldn't afford to keep going to and haven't been to in over 2 years now randomly called me to offer me a free appointment! i'm super stoked about it...even though i'll just have to tell them i still can't afford to go. haha. oh well! i REALLY need the adjustment and this is a huge answer to prayer! 

congrats to everyone with their new babies and in labour! i am feeling pretty relaxed about not being in labour yet. i have stuff to do that i need to do!

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#95 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMT View Post

MamaChef- I hope your contractions turn into true labor

MrsBond- I hope your baby stays anterior. I am just going nutty with this baby's position.

Becca- I sure hope you don't wake to another headache. I haven't had a migraine in a while but they are all consuming and soooo painful

kmb9906 - Yeah for all that progress!

AFM: I am either very close to labor or just at the "done" point.  My EDD is this Sunday and baby is either in a ROA or ROP position.  He/she keeps floating between anterior and posterior.  Sometimes the legs are totally out front and sometimes they are off to the left side.  I have an anterior placenta and I think that that's why all of the exercises and such are not putting this baby into that left side. Today I tried washing the floors on all fours and doing pelvic rocking and all but baby never moved.  I am just totally stressing out that I won't go into labor because the baby's head is not engaged.- I mean baby is head down but hasn't "dropped".   I know that all these pre-labor hormones are making me a total nut about this.  I think I have to find peace with the baby's position and hope that he/she turns during labor as most babies do.

Is this your first baby??  Either way...don't stress about it...baby dropping is not what makes you go into labor naturally.  You'll be just fine!  I know because my last baby never dropped or engaged and I went into labor on my own...I even dilated and effaced beforehand(3cm and 80% effaced)...he was born in a little over 2 hours from start to finish...he dropped on his way outsmile.gif  So don't stress over it.  This baby hasn't dropped either...neither I or my MW is worried about that.  He is head down and that's all that matters...he'll find the right position when it's time to come out.

Realgeek-ELV's to you!!

kmb- Great news!  The way I see it, the more that's happens with less pain the better.

Yay for good chiropractor appts too.  I love my chiro!

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#96 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 10:01 PM

Annaconda! Not TMI for me... possibly the best idea (with regards to dtd, anyway, heehee!) that I've heard in awhile. Dh wants this baby next week, (bwahaha!) so any tips are appreciated! Hope you get - or had? - a great nights rest to compliment your splendidly clean home!

Becca! Migraines are evil... MORE HUGS!! So sweet of your MIL to back you up so you could get some rest!

MamaChef! Thank you! I'm so used to our lives being @$$-over-teakettle in a negative way, all this positivity is blowing my mind in such a happy manner I can deal with it! ;)

MrsBone! That is awesome! I hope your LO behaves and stays anterior for you!!

kmb9906! That is so exciting! So happy for you to get such encouraging news, which will likely feed into your body relaxing more and therefore doing more work for you! And it must be so happy to be on leave - even more peace for bringing your little girl into the world!

KarenMT! You know, I'm sure I've said this before, but both of mine were anywhere but vertex until a day or two before their births at 40w1d. My caregivers were getting very edgy and then it was all for no reason, so try to stay positive and envision your LO doing what you need, letting LO know mentally or even out loud that you'd appreciate it! One of my gfs sat all night before her scheduled c/s rocking with her big belly, rubbing it in a circle she wanted her daughter to spin in, telling her she needed to go head down. The next day, they were prepping her for surgery and did a quick U/S to see where the baby was before starting surgery - she was vertex. My gf revoked permission for the surgery and ended up having her Kierah vaginally two days later, no issues. Totally worth a shot, especially if it will help you relax and connect with your baby more as you prepare! Vertex anterior vibes to you!!

belovedofbast! Oooh! You naughty awesome SIL/doula! LOL! That's exciting! ELV to you reelgeek!!

ryleeee! That is exciting! What an unexpected answer to your prayers! I've been so blessed - this new chiro my mw recommended is SO affordable, I wish I could ship her to you! I would never have been able to afford the chiro I'd gone to back in CO before the move. This move has brought on so many unexpected and delightful answers to prayer, I can't even believe it. I hope it makes just the difference you're looking for and then some!

AFM - Met my back up mw today and really felt like we connected immediately. SO grateful for that! She's very open to whatever/however we want to handle the labor and delivery at the birth center, fine with not being in the room if we'd prefer to go it alone, but I'm more where I'm comfortable with whomever being unobtrusive vs. not there at all, depending on their comfort level. And I think that will be no problem whatsoever. She even asked me, "So, do you guys want an unassisted birth? Is that what you're looking for?" She just wants to be informed that the birth is imminent so she can be ready if we need her. Way cool. AND she reminds me so much of my dearest friend - extra comfort. :) AND... I'm GBS negative!! YAY. Probably still do a hibiclens douche early in labor (grandly assuming there will be time for that) since that may be why I was negative. Baby has been resting right on my pubic bone since dropping last Sunday, but last night he was crazy with his movements, and today during the appt, he was all cattywampus, with his head just off ot the left, and his little booty diagonally up under my right lung. I think he got sick of having that bone on his head! First time he hasn't been fully head-down during an appt.

I've been having very rhythmic contractions tonight. Strong but not overwhelming... just enought to catch your attention, you know? I haven't even tried to keep track of them, I just keep realizing they're happening. AND I just keep thinking it would be SO RUDE to have my baby before some of you who are already due!! duck.gifThat being said, I really don't think that's what's going on. Just wishful thinking - dh will be home tomorrow morning and then home for 1.5 weeks, so the timing would be fairly awesome!

All of this is enough to make me miss Facebook - I got off of it about a year ago, and have no plans to return. I don't think there's anything wrong with FB or with being on there, but ... it just didn't work for me.. for my obsessive brain basically. Knowing I'd know more about who has had their baby though - that might get me looking around for a little bit, anyway! lol.gif

Got the carseat today!! And a box of cute clothes for all three kiddos from my MIL - she's been SO reasonable I feel bad for telling you all how UNreasonable she can be. But she's got her issues, it comes in waves. We've talked a lot though and I think that I've been answering the phone and talking with her about the pregnancy has really helped her to feel included and therefore more relaxed and "reasonable". She seemed very happy that my mom would be here presumably before the baby is born, assuming closer to the due date. Never can tell with her! I'm just glad that whatever we're all doing seems to be working for each of us. ;)

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#97 of 119 Old 05-05-2011, 10:13 PM

Man this thread is blowing up! I'm sleepy, so I will just say to everyone: May everything happen the way you want it to, and all the babies calm down and start arriving. :P

We did my GBS test yesterday, so I am waiting for those results. I am hoping to not have to deal with antibiotics. I finished off one of my classes today (two weeks early, I just came in and did extra hours today and knocked it out). I've got two more papers to write and I'll be done with school. Tomorrow we go get the car seat inspected by CHP (Highway patrol does it here, not the fire stations). Saturday the kitties get their blood drawn for their rabies test to see if they get to go to Oz with us. I'm off work but don't feel any less crazed :P 

The cool news is, except for a diaper pail and setting up diaper service, we're ready. We've got everything we need, for me and for the baby. I am so oddly calm about impending baby it's kinda crazy. Had an excellent phone conversation with my MIL today, we got to connect for possibly the first time and it was pretty awesome. Everything here is... good. :)

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#98 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Oooh Elonwy diaper service sounds awesome!

reelgeek you go girl!!

rye yay random chiropractor love!

lizzie - glad to be of service ma'am

Karen - I think you are right, by finding some peace about position you are doing all you can. rejoice in head down and know the baby will settle on the way out!

afm: I am getting psyched out by labor every day now. but Dh said yesterday the baby has definitely dropped. that's good... I needed someone to tell me because I really had no idea. today a visit to the ob. I'm going to swim a mile before hand. I'm freaking NUTS with these itchy stretch marks and itchy from head to toe (swollen skin from water retention?) I wake up every 2 hrs SCRATCHING. Not having to pee but of course why not once I'm up. insult to injury. every hour that passes the baby is closer..

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#99 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 05:17 AM

I'd do more of a personal response, but there's so much going on! You are all in my prayers! I can't believe our pregnancy journeys are almost over.

Headache is gone, but oh my word. DS had an extremely rough night. DH woke me around midnight with DS screaming uncontrollably. He changed his diaper, then we both tried to get him to calm down and go back to sleep. He wouldn't lay in his bed, wouldn't take his bottle, wouldn't go to me, didn't want DH, wouldn't lay in between us, just was generally unhappy. DH finally got him calmed down enough to take his bottle of water. When I fell asleep, his eyes were still open. Through the night, he kicked and pushed and head butted and just didn't want to lay still. And now I'm up and he sleeps still...

I still go through phases of feeling "birthy" and then feeling nothing. Just hanging out and hoping my day is coming very soon!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#100 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 06:27 AM

I may end up double dead for this, but she is still in labour.  Baby should be coming soon though!  Today is my husband's (her brother) birthday :)  

P.S. Reelgeek, I am also bringing you maple butter...please don't kill me.  We are Canadian...a kind, peaceful people....right?!

#101 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 06:36 AM

ELV's reelgeek - thinking of you!!!

I wonder how many mamas are in labour right now - I bet at least a couple!

Keeping everyone waiting for babies in my thoughts smile.gif

Ever is doing awesome - we nursed at 9:30pm, 1:30am, and 6am - slept the rest of the night - whoohooo!

Still pumping on my left side and nursing on my right, cracks are slowly healing. E has absolutely no issue switching between bottle and breast - he'll take mama's milk however he can get it.

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#102 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 AM

ReelGeek- Yeah!  I can't wait to hear about your little one.  Happy labor vibes your way.

Lizzie, annaconda, L&KsMommie - thanks for all your positive vibes and past wisdom/stories.  I can't tell you how helpful it is to hear other's stories to get me off this crazy ledge.

Lizzie- how awesome that you connected to the backup mw as well.  I really envy you gals that have access to birth centers.  MA is just not very birth center friendly. There is one connected to a hospital but it's quite a hike from where I live.  It's all about medical technology and interventions this close to Boston.  I hope baby comes when your hubby is home, that would be so ideal.  Yeah for your MIL being nice.  I have a MIL like that- she is often very critical and difficult to deal with but then she surprises me and is super nice for a while.

Annaconda- so sorry for all your itchy-ness.  When preggo with DD1, I really was into gardening and decided to clear some brush on the side of our property.  Well, I did not grow up on West coast and had no idea about poison oak- only poison ivy.  I ended up with my legs covered in it.  It was horrible so I can only imagine what you're dealing with.

Becca- so glad your migrain is gone and home your DS sleeps better tonight.

Rylee- enjoy your chiro appt.  I think I have one more before my health insurance runs out for annual visits and then I have to pay out of pocket.

Elonwy- kudos on finishing your class.  Yipee on the diaper service. 

AFM:  going to deal with some to-dos today and then just enjoy the sunny day outside.  Maybe do some raking.  At this point I'm not worried if it brings on labor :-)

#103 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 11:58 AM

I had an appointment today with the one doctor I have specifically asked they NOT schedule me with was my doc. today ...for my GBS test and first (probably only) cervical check. He's my friend and it's just weird to see him but for any other appointment I wouldn't have been upset. But we're doing a 5K tomorrow and we were discussing that while he did the damned anal probe. I can't look him in they eyes.

The second he walked into the room I said, "Uh uh.." but the other doc had just left to do an emergency csection and the NP is on her honey moon and with me being 37 weeks we wanted to GBS test asap. So... Ugh, that was awful.

1 cm dilated...

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#104 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 12:02 PM

Well I went to another chiropractor today that is closer to my house and she loosened my round ligament and then adjusted my hip. Then I had an acupuncture session to help induce labor. After I left there I went and saw midwife and she stripped my membranes, inserted EPO and told me to go home and use the breast pump for 30 minutes and go for a long walk. I'm already close to 4 cm dialated and cervix is very soft so the midwife thinks she'll be hearing from me tonight! Apparently baby is ROA and midwife doesn't think that should cause me any back labor unless she turns back posterior in that time. Yay! I want this baby to come tonight or tomorrow morning!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#105 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 12:33 PM

Sounds promising  Mrs. Bone. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#106 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post

Sounds promising  Mrs. Bone. 

Yeah!!! I agree!!!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#107 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

I had an appointment today with the one doctor I have specifically asked they NOT schedule me with was my doc. today ...for my GBS test and first (probably only) cervical check. He's my friend and it's just weird to see him but for any other appointment I wouldn't have been upset. But we're doing a 5K tomorrow and we were discussing that while he did the damned anal probe. I can't look him in they eyes.

The second he walked into the room I said, "Uh uh.." but the other doc had just left to do an emergency csection and the NP is on her honey moon and with me being 37 weeks we wanted to GBS test asap. So... Ugh, that was awful.

1 cm dilated...

Sorry, this made me ROTFLMAO.gifOne reason why I don't use anyone I know for my medical care. I'm even nervous about going to a dentist that goes to church with me! Glad you're dilated though. Oh, and I really think you're crazy for doing a 5k this late in pregnancy, but that's just me winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBone View Post

Well I went to another chiropractor today that is closer to my house and she loosened my round ligament and then adjusted my hip. Then I had an acupuncture session to help induce labor. After I left there I went and saw midwife and she stripped my membranes, inserted EPO and told me to go home and use the breast pump for 30 minutes and go for a long walk. I'm already close to 4 cm dialated and cervix is very soft so the midwife thinks she'll be hearing from me tonight! Apparently baby is ROA and midwife doesn't think that should cause me any back labor unless she turns back posterior in that time. Yay! I want this baby to come tonight or tomorrow morning!

joy.gifLooks like someone's gonna be holding their little girl on Mother's Day! Good luck!

Woke up from my nap to two monkeys climbing all over me. They were kissing me awake. It was quite cute. When I got up though, I had some massive pain/pressure in my pelvic floor/cervix. I hope all this pain/pressure I feel is my body working toward its' ultimate goal. I've got a busy weekend planned so I'm packing our hospital bag/bag for the kids so they're ready and in our car just in case we go into labor and we're out of the house.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#108 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 05:32 PM

Co-sleeper came today! It makes me feel better. Yay!  Waiting on DH to get the other baby equipment out of the attic so I can clean it up.  Towels, blankets, and wash cloths for the birth are being washed as I type this.

Need to make strawberry jam tonight and not sure I have the energy left.  Either way, I'm finally feeling a little productive and even a little excited :)

#109 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 05:32 PM

It's been an afternoon of burning back pain and on/off contractions. Every time I go to pee I get an intense sense of pressure so something must be happening.  DH and I DTD so that is what sort of triggered all this change.  I am still feeling pressure but no sign of the mucus plug or any sort of bloody show, so I'm thinking this is just a slow prep.  Tomorrow is a busy day with soccer and a birthday party and my midwife is going to be about an hour away so I would rather baby come tonight or wait until Sunday when she is close by.

MrsBone- Yipee for your 4 cm progress.  I think I am still in the effacing stage at this point and with baby rolling from ROA to ROP I think it is slowing things down.

#110 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 06:33 PM

OMG emily, i would be sooooo angry if they scheduled me AGAIN with the same doctor even though i'd requested they didn't...especially for an exam! ughhhhh. i wouldn't be able to look him in the eyes either :/ i'm sure it's not really a big deal at all to him, but ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how horrifying! i would die. i'm not helping, am i? :P

#111 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 09:46 PM

Well, I believe I'm in early labor right now...been having strong contractions since about 5 pm. Not very consistent, and I haven't really started timing them yet. I can still talk and breath through them okay at this point, but there's no way I'm going to be able to sleep tonight, so here I am trying to distract myself while sitting on the exercise ball. I've begun having some back labor, but if I get on my hands and knees and sit on the balance ball rather than lay down, it almost makes it go away completely. Hoping when active labor kicks in, baby will arrive quickly! Prayers please! :)

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#112 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBone View Post

Well, I believe I'm in early labor right now...been having strong contractions since about 5 pm. Not very consistent, and I haven't really started timing them yet. I can still talk and breath through them okay at this point, but there's no way I'm going to be able to sleep tonight, so here I am trying to distract myself while sitting on the exercise ball. I've begun having some back labor, but if I get on my hands and knees and sit on the balance ball rather than lay down, it almost makes it go away completely. Hoping when active labor kicks in, baby will arrive quickly! Prayers please! :)

Hugs!! I hope all goes smoothly, quick and well!

I'm also trying to decide if somethings up...been off all day, contracting off and on, nauseated, gut ached and (TMI) pooping like crazy.  I was able to lay down earlier but could still feel contractions...didn't time them though.  Now I'm up(kids and dh are in bed) and am trying to do a few things and then will lay back down.  I don't know if I want it to be more or not...I guess we'll see.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#113 of 119 Old 05-06-2011, 10:16 PM

ELVs sent, mama!! goodvibes.gif

i can't stop staring at that smiley now, it is so fast and spastic! haha. i remember it being a lot slower? maybe i'm using the wrong one? nut.gif

i am SO EMOTIONAL tonight. my dh was working until 9 (totally my fault, i read his schedule wrong and he should have gone to work at 2 instead of 4) and i was looking forward to watching a show with him or ... anything, just hanging out, but our friend called to let us know another friend was in town until tomorrow...the selfish part of me wanted to not tell derek that dalton called but i did, and he left to hang out with them because tomorrow won't work for any of us and it makes more sense for us to hang out tomorrow night after work instead of tonight...ugh. i just bawled and bawled and bawled and couldn't stop and dh felt sooooooooo bad when he was leaving and i wasn't even mad, i was just so upset that we couldn't hang out after all...ridiculous! i cried for like 20 minutes off and on. sheesh. with really no good reason except for being pregnant. :( 

i think i'm going to eat some ice cream with strawberries and blueberries to make myself feel better.

i know the baby is pretty engaged with her butt on the left and her feet on the right, because she has been in this position for over 3 months, but i didn't realize how low she actually was until a few minutes ago! she got the hiccups and i could feel them EXTREMELY well just on my underwear line and slightly above and below it on the left...holy, she's really low. aiming for a may 15th baby...it's my nana's birthday, it seems like a good time for us with all of the plans we have underway for this month and the visitors we have coming...haha.

i asked haye when the baby would be born and he said "at six to seven at night in...eight days" so i was like "oh wow, really? so at 6:54 pm on may 14th?" and he was like "what about the 15th?!" (i was hoping he'd guess the 15th!) and i was like "actually i was hoping for the 15th too!" and he looked at me and said "well mom. we're probably going to be wrong." lol.gif

#114 of 119 Old 05-07-2011, 12:21 AM

Well, Ladies.. today is the day.  Waters leaking, contractions every 5 minutes and bloody show..

Send me prayers and good vibes if you have a chance!  Praying for HBAC and so excited to meet my newest daughter!

#115 of 119 Old 05-07-2011, 02:53 AM

ELVs Mamas!!!!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#116 of 119 Old 05-07-2011, 04:49 AM

ELV's to all those in labor!  how exciting :)

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#117 of 119 Old 05-07-2011, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Damn this thread rocks.
Go Mrs. Bone and Mamachef!!
Smooth Easy Birthing to you.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#118 of 119 Old 05-07-2011, 08:11 AM

So excited for all the Mamas in labor!

Rye, I think you and I are going through a lot of the same things! Our due dates are pretty close too if I remember right.

Last night I washed all carriers and the stroller seat cover (after I got it from the attic myself).  Feeling much better with every task that gets accomplished here. Would LOVE to clean out car and install carseat in addition to getting my "in case" bag packed today.

Unfortunately, when Dh decided to help me set up for jam making at 10:15 last night, I made him do it. There was no way I was going to make it through a whole jam making session that late. I stuck around long enough to make sure he knew what he was doing (he didn't) and then I went to sleep.  Slept pretty well.  He did wake me up at 3am and tell me to look to see how much he'd made. I just told him he was crazy and went back to sleep.  He did well though. About 25 half pint jars.

#119 of 119 Old 05-07-2011, 02:54 PM

we had a great day at the park with my bil and sil and their kids who are in town. my bil has been recently diagnosed with a different type of cancer than the one they were treating so it was a little sad, but we are hopeful and it was nice to see them. and they brought us some really adorable clothes for the baby!

and then i came home and napped for an hour. i swear i can't do anything without napping afterwards! haye and i are about to walk to starbucks and back for half price frappucinos (well, i am getting one not him lol.gif) and i'm sure the coffee will not wake me up too much but will put me back to sleep. sheesh.

oh well. congrats to all the new mamas and mamas in labour!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page