The. Fabulous. May. Chat. Thread. Week 1 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 119 Old 04-29-2011, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm sorry I could NOT resist making a thread for us for May... it's under 48 hours away... forgive me!

Went to the doc swearing I would not do an internal check, but having felt crampy and crappy all day, DH and I decided to see if anything was brewing.  EDD - 5/9 and already 1cm dilated and "soft".  This is my first so here's hoping!  I know it can last like this for a while so I'm going for DH prosteglandin donations all weekend.  By the end of this weekend I'll have the pool set up as well.

Whenever y'all want to pick this up... Please do.  The babies are comin'!  The babies are comin'!

babyf.giflurk.gifenergy.gif

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#2 of 119 Old 04-29-2011, 01:43 PM

I went to my ultrasound today. The baby is not measuring too small. It's in the 10th percentile but someone has to be, right? There were some microcalcifications on the placenta which concerned me since my other placentas made it to 42 weeks without a single calcification. The OB wasn't concerned though. Got some probiotics (GBS test in a week), Zantac, and Evening Primrose Oil just in case I decide I want it in a few weeks!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#3 of 119 Old 04-29-2011, 03:45 PM

I had an exciting appointment today!  I am fully effaced and 2cm!  My OB asked me if I wanted him to sweep my membranes, and I said yes.  I realize labor could still be days (or weeks, God forbid) away, but I am SO excited that I'm effaced.  With DD, I walked into my induction at 42 weeks and was just 30% effaced and a fingertip dilated.  My OB is so excited for me.  I am a VBAC patient, and he was like, "you're totally going to do this!"  He just happens to be my favorite OB at the practice, and he's on call this weekend.  I would LOVE for him to deliver this baby!!  I'm cautiously hopeful. :)

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#4 of 119 Old 04-29-2011, 03:57 PM

Annaconda- I have been feeling the same way all day- crampy and crappy.  My EDD is 5/8 so nearly the same point in pregnancy.  Are you seeing an OB and then having a home birth?  I just switched to a HB midwife but haven't told my practice.  I am scheduled for a NST on Monday and keep moving my appt up to avoid them trying to induce me.

Evergreen- I envy the OB practice you are seeing.  I had a BPP and baby is also at 10th %ile and not a single issue with my placenta and they wanted to do a bunch of fup tests and schedule an induction for 38 weeks.  I'm of the same mindset- someone has to be the 10th %ile and someone has to be the 90th %ile.  I'm glad your OB isn't taking things overboard.

kmb9906- I'll be sending some good vibes your way so that you get that VBAC and with your fave OB on call.

#5 of 119 Old 04-29-2011, 05:25 PM

kmb- hoping for a baby this weekend for you!!!

Karen- I love my OBs. THe one I saw today is my personal friend, the staff messed up. I asked them never to schedule me with him just becaue it's weird, but I am glad he did the ultrasound.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#6 of 119 Old 04-29-2011, 05:54 PM

sending tons of babydust your way, kmb!  The timing sounds so perfect, I hope the sweep gets things going.  Maybe pig out on pineapple and get friendly with DH for good measure? ;)

#7 of 119 Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 PM

check and check orngbiggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepetals View Post

sending tons of babydust your way, kmb!  The timing sounds so perfect, I hope the sweep gets things going.  Maybe pig out on pineapple and get friendly with DH for good measure? ;)

#8 of 119 Old 04-29-2011, 06:36 PM

MAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so excited :D :D :D

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#9 of 119 Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 PM

KMB and Evergreen, it does sound like you guys have awesome docs! I like to hear that some are still out there treating pg mamas with respect and reasonability! :) Magic Happy Baby Dust to KMB, KarenMT, and Annaconda! dust.gifMy laptop is on crack today, so forgive an unorganized post - I can't see my cursor and this silly thing won't respond to the "enter" key. I've done all I can do to sweet talk it at this point! Grrrr.... SallyNichole, I will so try that stretch! Actually one of the best things about today was, as I mentioned in the "pubic pain" thread, going to a new chiropractor today and she is AWESOME. I took the first pain-free steps I've taken in weeks when I was leaving her office. Before that, I don't think I would've been capable of doing that stretch but now all things are possible. :) I can't wait to see if I sleep better tonight. I'm going back Monday to try to support what was done today and hopefully make it stick. She said my right pubic bone was all forward and out of whack, as were my hips. I know I'm still waddling, but I didn't *have* to waddle after she adjusted me. It was like my legs were back in my hip sockets and my pelvis and pubic bone had faded out of my constant conscious thoughts! I also found out today my iron is much lower than it should be. And while that's a bummer, I'm actually thrilled to have both an alignment AND a reason for why I've felt so completely beat down and pointless for the past couple of weeks. I knew my diet wasn't as "ideal" as it should have been.. but I'd really convinced myself it was "ok". Not so much! So Floradix, chiro, and back on the reality check diet. I now feel that I really might make it to May 28th after all! Which is kind of a mixed feeling but after last night, which was very much like the night before my daughter was born, with random painful back labor sensations waking me up repeatedly, and NO comfortable position to be found, I felt like I couldn't physically last until next Fri - 37 weeks for me - let alone to my due date! So just relieved to feel somewhat human again. Evergreen, someone SO has to be the in the 10%ile! My kids are always on the small side of normal, but they ARE on the charts, so what do people want? :) My family acts like size is a personal accomplishment, which is sad on many levels, but the saddest part being that they convinced my nephew he was "SO BIG" for his age - then his little brother showed up and has been much bigger at every developmental stage - my poor nephew was suddenly out of an identity as the "BIG" child in the family. eyesroll.gif Which he never should've been burdened with anyway! Seriously, my little brother was 9 lbs, 2 oz when he was born, and everyone made SUCH a big deal about him being SO BIG - and he still is the biggest one of us, for all the good it does him... but... my very petite 5 ft. 2 in 90 lb MIL was ALSO 9 lbs, 2 oz at birth! It just doesn't matter - our kids will grow to be who they grow to be, you know? :) My dh may be cutting back to doing just one load/trip a week until we have this baby, and I am so excited to have him around more often! He'd be home 4-5 nights and out 2-3 nights, which is just opposite of how things usually go with his job. He cooks, he cleans, he spoils me rotten *when he's home* so... YAY!! I usually don't get online when he's home, but clearly THAT's not going to work anymore! I have to keep up with all of our sweet babies! CONGRATULATIONS Jr'smom.. .. hoping you're enjoying staring at your baby girl right now! :) Oh, and Mama_mich, I hope you're that much closer to a new life in a new state with much less baggage and your sweet little one in your arms! :)

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#10 of 119 Old 04-29-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie View Post

KMB and Evergreen, it does sound like you guys have awesome docs! I like to hear that some are still out there treating pg mamas with respect and reasonability! :) Magic Happy Baby Dust to KMB, KarenMT, and Annaconda! dust.gifMy laptop is on crack today, so forgive an unorganized post - I can't see my cursor and this silly thing won't respond to the "enter" key. I've done all I can do to sweet talk it at this point! Grrrr.... SallyNichole, I will so try that stretch! Actually one of the best things about today was, as I mentioned in the "pubic pain" thread, going to a new chiropractor today and she is AWESOME. I took the first pain-free steps I've taken in weeks when I was leaving her office. Before that, I don't think I would've been capable of doing that stretch but now all things are possible. :) I can't wait to see if I sleep better tonight. I'm going back Monday to try to support what was done today and hopefully make it stick. She said my right pubic bone was all forward and out of whack, as were my hips. I know I'm still waddling, but I didn't *have* to waddle after she adjusted me. It was like my legs were back in my hip sockets and my pelvis and pubic bone had faded out of my constant conscious thoughts! I also found out today my iron is much lower than it should be. And while that's a bummer, I'm actually thrilled to have both an alignment AND a reason for why I've felt so completely beat down and pointless for the past couple of weeks. I knew my diet wasn't as "ideal" as it should have been.. but I'd really convinced myself it was "ok". Not so much! So Floradix, chiro, and back on the reality check diet. I now feel that I really might make it to May 28th after all! Which is kind of a mixed feeling but after last night, which was very much like the night before my daughter was born, with random painful back labor sensations waking me up repeatedly, and NO comfortable position to be found, I felt like I couldn't physically last until next Fri - 37 weeks for me - let alone to my due date! So just relieved to feel somewhat human again. Evergreen, someone SO has to be the in the 10%ile! My kids are always on the small side of normal, but they ARE on the charts, so what do people want? :) My family acts like size is a personal accomplishment, which is sad on many levels, but the saddest part being that they convinced my nephew he was "SO BIG" for his age - then his little brother showed up and has been much bigger at every developmental stage - my poor nephew was suddenly out of an identity as the "BIG" child in the family. eyesroll.gif Which he never should've been burdened with anyway! Seriously, my little brother was 9 lbs, 2 oz when he was born, and everyone made SUCH a big deal about him being SO BIG - and he still is the biggest one of us, for all the good it does him... but... my very petite 5 ft. 2 in 90 lb MIL was ALSO 9 lbs, 2 oz at birth! It just doesn't matter - our kids will grow to be who they grow to be, you know? :) My dh may be cutting back to doing just one load/trip a week until we have this baby, and I am so excited to have him around more often! He'd be home 4-5 nights and out 2-3 nights, which is just opposite of how things usually go with his job. He cooks, he cleans, he spoils me rotten *when he's home* so... YAY!! I usually don't get online when he's home, but clearly THAT's not going to work anymore! I have to keep up with all of our sweet babies! CONGRATULATIONS Jr'smom.. .. hoping you're enjoying staring at your baby girl right now! :) Oh, and Mama_mich, I hope you're that much closer to a new life in a new state with much less baggage and your sweet little one in your arms! :)

What you described your laptop doing is what Mothering does to me every time unless I use the quote feature.  It's a PIA...so pardon the quoting.eyesroll.gif

And I agree on size...how silly that it's such an "accomplishment".

And lizzie I'm so glad your dh is going to be home more often!  I can't imagine having him gone so much especially at the end when it's so tiring.

Jr'smom-I hope you are doing well and totally enjoying your sweet baby!!

AFM:  I am SO excited it's finally May(well in another 24 hours).  I'm feeling so ready to be done, yet am only 37 weeks.  My earliest baby so far was 39w 3d...I'm hoping for similar with this one as I really want my Mom here for most of the time after the birth and would love for her to be at the birth as well...so here's hoping for the 15th! 

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#11 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 01:32 AM

Prayers and happy thoughts to those of you closer to D-day than me... Sounds like we have good news all around.

AFM-I'm achy all over, especially in my hips and legs. It was so bad last night I couldn't listen to my hypnobabies tracks. I was just beyond miserable. It's got DH (and me FWIW) questioning if I can do the hypnosis thing.

I'm also spending a lot of my time suctioning noses, dosing kids with probiotics, emergen-c, elderberry syrup, Hyland's Cough & Cold, and the occasional ibuprofen. DH is complaining of a sore throat now, and my sister is saying she feels lousy too. So, I'm hoping this is all just viral and baby stays inside until all the sickies are gone!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#12 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 08:36 AM

Becca - hope the hips are feeling better today. Fwiw, my hips and pelvis got really achy about 48 hrs before labor...

Hope the rest of your family heals and feels better soon.

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#13 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 11:54 AM

I'm hoping to be done soon. I can barely even stand up at this point. She's so low and moving so much. I'm just realllly not comfortable. Thankfully, I can sleep at night, but still.  

Congrats to Jr's mom. 

Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well overall. I'm getting quite excited. The finish line is near! :)

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#14 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 12:05 PM

grouphug.gif hey ladies- ALMOST THERE!

sounds like we're gonna have several babies this week? I think? orngbiggrin.gif

I had my last day of work yesterday (lots of people told me I was CRAZY for working until 39w1d, but I was fine, I knew I'd be fine... might even go in next week for a few hours if I'm bored and not feeling labor-y).

Strangers (and even a few people I know) keep asking me if it's twins... um, no, I'm measuring 39cm at 39w - that's totally normal everyone!  I guess it's because people don't usually see 39w pregnant ladies running around getting groceries, briskly walking, etc?  When I thought about it a little bit more, I realized that almost everyone I know has been induced or sectioned before they got to this point, and most of them were waddling/not able to walk very well after about 30-34 weeks?

So yeah, 39w, still not waddling... the hardest parts of my day are getting out of bed, getting off the couch, etc., I'm still moving quite quickly and well... until I sit/lie down. I'm having TONS of heartburn/acid reflux which actually seems pretty unrelated to diet (used to be only if I ate processed starch/sugar, now it doesn't matter what I eat!), and I'm feeling a few crampy sensations, but not a single contraction (BH or otherwise) felt, and I just don't feel like labor is happening for at least a few days, maybe a week, maybe two. we'll see!

Good luck to all the ladies who are having early labor signs/feelings - I think we all can't wait to meet these little creatures! :)

#15 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 12:14 PM

Nothing yet.  Had a couple strong contractions, but nothing to get super excited about.  I have to say, I'm a little disappointed.  I'm going to be pissed if I'm 100% effaced now and go to freaking 42 weeks!!!

#16 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 01:58 PM

Yeah. I'm still here and still don't have a baby in my arm. Every night I am woken up by strong contractions but since Thursday they haven't been timing consistently. I'm also still losing a lot of my plug.

My parents decided to go home today and I'm going to enjoy a very hard laugh if I end up going into labor tonight and they have to drive the 5 hours back up here tomorrow. I told them not to come up and they did anyway, it's ok to laugh. or that's what I tell myself so I don't feel like a bitch.

Today we were able to enjoy really nice weather and a picnic with friends. Tonight I'm going to take a long bath and a pedicure and hope that all the relaxing sends out all kinds of labor vibes to my body.

#17 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 02:06 PM

I started Zantac today and am in loooove! I've had coffee, chocolate, BBQ chips, mustard, and wasabi today without a hint of heartburn. Why didn't I do this last month?

#18 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 03:41 PM

I can commiserate with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post

I'm hoping to be done soon. I can barely even stand up at this point. She's so low and moving so much. I'm just realllly not comfortable. Thankfully, I can sleep at night, but still.  

Congrats to Jr's mom. 

Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well overall. I'm getting quite excited. The finish line is near! :)

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#19 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkElmo View Post

grouphug.gif hey ladies- ALMOST THERE!

sounds like we're gonna have several babies this week? I think? orngbiggrin.gif

I had my last day of work yesterday (lots of people told me I was CRAZY for working until 39w1d, but I was fine, I knew I'd be fine... might even go in next week for a few hours if I'm bored and not feeling labor-y).

Strangers (and even a few people I know) keep asking me if it's twins... um, no, I'm measuring 39cm at 39w - that's totally normal everyone!  I guess it's because people don't usually see 39w pregnant ladies running around getting groceries, briskly walking, etc?  When I thought about it a little bit more, I realized that almost everyone I know has been induced or sectioned before they got to this point, and most of them were waddling/not able to walk very well after about 30-34 weeks?

So yeah, 39w, still not waddling... the hardest parts of my day are getting out of bed, getting off the couch, etc., I'm still moving quite quickly and well... until I sit/lie down. I'm having TONS of heartburn/acid reflux which actually seems pretty unrelated to diet (used to be only if I ate processed starch/sugar, now it doesn't matter what I eat!), and I'm feeling a few crampy sensations, but not a single contraction (BH or otherwise) felt, and I just don't feel like labor is happening for at least a few days, maybe a week, maybe two. we'll see!

Good luck to all the ladies who are having early labor signs/feelings - I think we all can't wait to meet these little creatures! :)

This was totally me with my first baby, though nobody could believe I was actually due since I carried small(she was 7lb 4oz, so not a tiny baby).  I worked the day I went into labor at 39w3d...I had no premonitions or signs of labor starting either.  I thought it would be another week or two.

Sorry for all the heartburn and pain people are having...I can sympathize completely!

kmb9906-I hope your little one comes soon as well...I was dilated for a while with my 2nd and kept thinking he would come anyday from 36 weeks on and the little guy came on his due date.  So I hope that doesn't happen for you!  It's frustrating!

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#20 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 04:03 PM

I have had a great time the last few days. With my big belly (40lb plus, but it all seems to be belly) people obviously ask when and I say Tuesday they are quite startled. I really got the lady at Paper Source today when I was buying stickers for birth announcements. I had a talk with the baby yesterday and he/she was very well behaved and let me go for a long trip to Ikea with a Container Store appetizer without making life difficult. My toddler actually fell asleep in the cart at Ikea.

Still sleeping on the floor since we have not gotten enough ducks in a row to put together our bed. A co-sleeper is not much use if it is two feet above you.

Feeling funny today. Very active baby with lots of feet coming out the side and lots of cervical head butting, but more too. Not sure what, just funny. My mum does not get in until Monday night, but this weekend would work for me. Though my mind is still not wrapped around the idea of labour. I planned all the rest, all the prep, the child care, getting everyone there and then all the afterwards, doctor for baby for early discharge, ride home etc. But I just have not thought about the whole, and then I have the baby part. I read enough last time to know I could not predict what it would be like or what would work for me. I know that is still true so I am not too worried, but still it is a big hole.

Punk Elmo I am still running around doing errands (OK, waddling around) and was last time too and think it was really one of the keys to getting back up and out again. I am sure it also made my labour easier. So keep walking and startling people. Plus you get great customer service with a giant belly.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#21 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 06:48 PM

Thought maybe I'd pick this weekend to check in even though it's been awhile. I'm excited to read the birth announcements. Keep checking in every day to read them since my dd is at the end of the month. I'm hoping for some inspiration. 

This is honestly the first time I've gotten to this point and not enjoyed being pregnant at this point. My back hurts if I sit for long periods of time and then try to walk (on a good note, the spd seems to be healed from wearing a maternity belt which I've been able to stop wearing).  Dh is frequently having tput on my shoes depending on how my back is feeling. And I've been really naseas and no wonder!  I have a home visit with the midwives on Wednesday and my husband has taken everything out of our bedroom to paint...and it's 9:45 pm and it hasn't been started yet!  Meanwhile other parts of the house must be picked up/cleaned too and I'm working at a rate of cleaning for 10 minutes/ resting for 50.  It's not going fast!

We have most of our birth supplies and baby supplies at this point though...so that's something positive.

#22 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 07:36 PM

Nothing new yet here.. After my hour long bout of painful contractions Thursday morning, I've had nothing but random painless BH. DH and I are planning on DTD again tonight to get things going. We also went out for mexican and I got a bowl of jalapenos to eat..maybe that will do something? I just hope they don't give me heartburn tonight! I'm not even overdue yet, but those contractions that made me think I was in real labor got my hopes up big time. DH is going to get his wish of having a May baby since there's only 2 1/2 hours left of April :) There's already like 6 birthdays in May between our families. It's like Christmas in May around here. I'm excited and nervous but more excited. I figure I can't predict this labor anymore than I could predict my last labor, just hoping it's shorter this time, and maybe no or very little back labor? That was so tiring. I don't think I even know what a regular contraction feels like without pain in my back involved!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#23 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighPF View Post

Feeling funny today. Very active baby with lots of feet coming out the side and lots of cervical head butting, but more too. Not sure what, just funny. 

i've been having this for the last few days! HUGE spurt of energy on her part and tons of cervical head butting / finger poking :P

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#24 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 07:46 PM

I just realized that after this load of laundry is done I'll have everything I need to pack the bag to take to the birth center. That's really exciting. I'm officially on leave as of yesterday afternoon but I'm not sure I believe it yet orngtongue.gif. Tomorrow I'm going shopping for extra linens and chux pads and after that we'll be done with all the supplies we need for home as well. Crazy. We're doing cloth but I bought a pack of disposables, we'll do disposables until the cord falls off. 

Loving all the babies showing up! I hurt my shoulder on Thurs so haven't been typing a lot but have been reading and it's so exciting. I'm 36 weeks today so I've still got tons of time and really need this baby to come after May 16th, which is my husband's hooding ceremony for his Phd. I was really worried about what to wear and my mom just sent me this fabulous dress that I am utterly in love with. Strapless isn't usually my thing but now my boobs are big enough that it works really well. 

It's possible that by the end of May I'll be holding an itty bitty baby of my very own!!! SQUEEEEE!!!

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#25 of 119 Old 04-30-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post

What you described your laptop doing is what Mothering does to me every time unless I use the quote feature.  It's a PIA...so pardon the quoting.eyesroll.gif

And I agree on size...how silly that it's such an "accomplishment".

And lizzie I'm so glad your dh is going to be home more often!  I can't imagine having him gone so much especially at the end when it's so tiring.

Jr'smom-I hope you are doing well and totally enjoying your sweet baby!!

AFM:  I am SO excited it's finally May(well in another 24 hours).  I'm feeling so ready to be done, yet am only 37 weeks.  My earliest baby so far was 39w 3d...I'm hoping for similar with this one as I really want my Mom here for most of the time after the birth and would love for her to be at the birth as well...so here's hoping for the 15th! 

Is THAT what's going on?? See, it occasionally does that in a couple of my different emails, so I just thought it was my silly computer, but sure enough, I quoted everyone and boom, there's my cursor! You've so simplified my life!! :) And yes, thank you, it will be awesome to have him around more! Just to be able to not worry about all that I feel like I should be doing, you know? Not having that on my mind will be amazing, to say nothing of actually seeing those things GET DONE! Lol.. I hope things come together for your mom to be there with you! I'm glad my mom won't be here right away, but I am really looking forward to her being here when dh does go back to work... hoping I'll feel up to actually doing some stuff with her and the kids by then!

Becca - I don't know what else you could be doing for your family! You sound like me when we get a bug blowing through! :) I hope everyone has a quick recovery and your little one stays safely inside until it all goes away! And I hope you're somehow able to get the rest you need in the midst of the sickness and your achiness!

Dayiscoming - Hearing about your LO being so low, people keep telling me "Oh, but you've already dropped!!" when I tell them late May for the due date. I was talking to one lady, who was really sweet and joking around with me, not the more annoying variety of horrified random stranger, telling her no, if past experience is accurate at all, the baby WILL get lower - and I figured if I tripped over him, it would be time to call somebody. winky.gif She just laughed!! She was so funny. :) But I was noticing today how when I sort of brace myself on my thighs, pushing up to a stand, I have to be careful not to inadvertently squish the belly between my thighs for crying out loud! Getting up and down is becoming increasingly daunting, rather than merely challenging. Hope your ability to sleep well keeps going! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb9906 View Post

Nothing yet.  Had a couple strong contractions, but nothing to get super excited about.  I have to say, I'm a little disappointed.  I'm going to be pissed if I'm 100% effaced now and go to freaking 42 weeks!!!

That would be so frustrating, knowing that.. of course, you can dilate SO quickly once you're effaced, so maybe things will still happen soon and fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyNichole View Post

Yeah. I'm still here and still don't have a baby in my arm. Every night I am woken up by strong contractions but since Thursday they haven't been timing consistently. I'm also still losing a lot of my plug.

My parents decided to go home today and I'm going to enjoy a very hard laugh if I end up going into labor tonight and they have to drive the 5 hours back up here tomorrow. I told them not to come up and they did anyway, it's ok to laugh. or that's what I tell myself so I don't feel like a bitch.

Today we were able to enjoy really nice weather and a picnic with friends. Tonight I'm going to take a long bath and a pedicure and hope that all the relaxing sends out all kinds of labor vibes to my body.

Laughing has GOT to be good for labor, don't you think? You could then call them to thank them for being so silly, as it helped you to stay positive and progress naturally while you were having their grandbaby! Grandparents are good fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeighPF View Post
Punk Elmo I am still running around doing errands (OK, waddling around) and was last time too and think it was really one of the keys to getting back up and out again. I am sure it also made my labour easier. So keep walking and startling people. Plus you get great customer service with a giant belly.

I love turning around and seeing the startled look on someone behind me who had no idea I was pg until the belly was more less looking back at them! :) Of course, that only works if they haven't seen me walking....

Quote:

Originally Posted by camprunner View Post

Thought maybe I'd pick this weekend to check in even though it's been awhile. I'm excited to read the birth announcements. Keep checking in every day to read them since my dd is at the end of the month. I'm hoping for some inspiration. 

Right?? I keep getting so excited about new babies, and then remember *I'm* only 36 weeks!

Quote: MrsBone

That was so tiring. I don't think I even know what a regular contraction feels like without pain in my back involved!

After the back labor I had with dd, NOT having it with ds was like having mildly annoying cramps. It was SO amazing, and dh felt kind of pointless because I didn't need him to actively do anything (like counter-pressure) with every single contraction. I hope hope HOPE to avoid back labor again. Hoping the chiro will make that difference, since this little dude just keeps changing positions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elonwy View Post. I was really worried about what to wear and my mom just sent me this fabulous dress that I am utterly in love with. Strapless isn't usually my thing but now my boobs are big enough that it works really well. 

It's possible that by the end of May I'll be holding an itty bitty baby of my very own!!! SQUEEEEE!!!

That is SO MUCH to be excited about!! :) I can't imagine my mom sending me clothes that I would actually wear, and I STILL couldn't possibly pull off strapless! Congratulations to your dh, too, that's really exciting!

And I keep thinking that... OH HOLY COW.. I'm actually going to have a little baby in a very few short weeks.... energy.gif

AFM - We went to look at a house to rent, but it's also for sale by owner. It's a fixer-upper, 1920s Victorian cottage on an acre in a nice little neighborhood in a nice little town with SO much potential and totally livable... I think we're insane, and I think we're going to go for it. jaw.gif As much as the timing seems crazy with a baby coming, it's also kind of perfect, since dh will actually be around for the next few weeks. It would be cheaper than rent, and instead of renting something "sort of ok" we'd be buying somethng we would really love putting our time and effort into... then we saw an add for Lab-mix puppies... lol.gif Did I mention I think we're insane? :) We could actually have a PET.. which is just what I need, another "newborn".. but we've been wanting a dog for so long, and I would have no illusions about who is really going to be doing at least 75% of the puppy care. Not that we'd get into that house in time to get one of those pups. We've been talking about getting an older mama dog from a shelter to start with, after we've settled down in the new place with the new LO, and maybe adding in a puppy after that dog is well settled and we're not quite so overwhelmed. But they were SO cute. I'm just completely baby crazy right now!

I definitely slept better than I had in a couple of weeks last night. VERY thankful for that! My midwife leaves town tomorrow - I may even drive her to the airport! - so hopefully my body won't take that cue and run with it! I've never gone early though, and I'm just 36w3d, so I don't think that will happen.

Even with the chiro adjustments and less pain, I don't know HOW I'm going to shut my brain down long enough to sleep tonight!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#26 of 119 Old 05-01-2011, 04:35 PM

Lizzie!  Wow, that sounds like alot.  But the good thing is you will be so busy at the end of your pregnancy you wont have to wait around wondering when baby is gonna get here :)

MrsBone and SallyNichole, hope your contractions turn into the real thing soon.  I totally understand where you are both coming from.  Ive been getting contractions every night.. last night I even got fooled into thinking they might be turning into the real deal because they felt so different.. so I was up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night.  After they didnt get longer, stronger or that much closer together I just decided to go lay back down and try to go to sleep.  I was able to fall asleep after about an hour and woke up this morning still pregnant :P

AFM, Im had a burst of nesting energy the last few days which have been channeled into freezer cooking.  Ive made 82 meals, which makes me happy.  They are Kalua Pork and Kale, Pepperoncini Beef (I can make these into tacos, quesadillas, french dips, serve over rice, etc), falafels, seitan roast "beef", tamale pie, lasagna and pot pies.  I made some lasagna dairy free and some for DH with all the good stuff.  Everything else I made is dairy and soy free.  I learned the hard way last time that I shouldnt do any dairy containing freezer meals when DD reacted to dairy.  She didnt react to soy, but I thought Id just be safe.  I also put away a bunch of muffins and breakfast breads last weekend.. pumpkin, apple walnut and banana... and some hand apple and peach pies.  I'd like to make some carrot cake muffins but dont know if Im gonna get around to it.  Ive decided to treat myself to some dairy full strawberry shortcake with lavender whipped cream tonite.  I put a bunch of macerated strawberries away and kept some out since it's been a huge craving. 

Went out to a really nice french/cajun/creole restaraunt for our wedding anniversary friday and had wonderful spicy jambalaya and the best pecan pie ever.  I was made with steen's cane syrup instead of corn syrup and had such a nice texture, not gooey at all.. just like they serve in nawlins.. lotsa people have never had that kind of pecan pie, but it is soo much better then the super sweet gloopy kind.

Baby related.. she is perfectly OA, nice and low and my cervix has come forward, is very easy to reach, about 90% effaced, but still only a 2 if stretched... not losing any plug, but I dont expect to until labor...  I REALLY hope she decides to come out soon.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and Im so excited to see the baby announcements being posted!

#27 of 119 Old 05-01-2011, 04:47 PM

yay!!  it's may!!!  i can't believe how many april babies we've had!  

and i finally feel like we're getting stuff done around the house!  we've been doing some major rearranging since i decided that the girls will share a bedroom... dd sleeps with us most of the time anyway so why have two unused rooms??  so i've been slowly cleaning out our "office" (really just a junk room) over the past month or two.  so thursday i took apart dd's bed so we could move it into the other room.  i knew if i left it up to dh he'd never get around to it... he hates those kind of projects but he hates a mess more so when he came home from work to find a mattress in the hallway we moved her bed and put it back together in 20 minutes.  when we showed dd that night she decided that that's where she wanted to sleep and has been starting out the night there every night since!!!  yay!!!  saturday we moved most of her toys from the living room into dd's old bedroom which is now the playroom.   i'm so happy we did this... all our rooms our useful now and her bedroom looks great (and is actually being used!), the playroom looks great and we have breathing room in our living room again.  dd even let dh put her to bed tonight which she hasn't been the least bit open to in many many months... i can't believe how things seem to be suddenly falling into place :)  oh, and i found my yoga ball today!!!! 

baby is still moving like crazy... it's starting to get a little painful since she's running out of room.  my belly has just exploded over the past two weeks.  the same thing happened with dd... by the end i look like a big ball with a tiny head on top... ridiculous!  i'm not really feeling any contractions but i'm only 36 wks right now and i never felt any with dd until labor started.  i'm not expecting this baby to arrive early anyway... 4 more weeks for me!

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#28 of 119 Old 05-01-2011, 05:40 PM

Feeling much better tonight. The bedroom is finally being painted.  Just one bathroom to be done before the midwives get here on Wednesday.  The anxiety is subsiding a little.

@Punk Elmo and L&K's mom.  I am much smaller this time than I was last time but am still waddling.  DD 8yo was actually trying to mimic it and make fun of me the other day ROTFLMAO.gif She was too cute.  My 5yo stuff a soccer ball up her shirt, leaned back and patted it and said "I'm pregnant"

#29 of 119 Old 05-01-2011, 06:30 PM

I finally got our bed set up. It only too two and a half weeks for Ikea to deliver all the right boxes and then four days for us to get around to doing it. Co-sleeper is all attached and ready to go. I had to crawl around under the bed to get the straps in place, which is interesting with a giant belly. Now I just have to figure out how to get out of bed to pee at 3 am without hitting the it. Oh, and it is too high for our toddler to get into with out help so I will have to hunt down a stool or bench for him.

My mum comes in tomorrow and then things will just be golden. She can look after me, toddler, dinner, house etc and I can just worry about baby.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#30 of 119 Old 05-01-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChef View Post

Ive made 82 meals, which makes me happy.  

jaw.gif Seriously? I was pretty proud of myself for making 7! 

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page