April Showers Bring May Flowers.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-01-2011, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to my other overdue April mamas.  No offense to the May folk but I am not too happy to be here.  I am 41w4d today.  I tried to induce with castor oil yesterday, two 2 oz. doses 4 hours apart, and that got contractions going but they fizzled out.  I really really thought I'd be holding my baby by now  :(  The plan for today is lots and lots of nipple stim.  I don't want to have to go for the overdue ultrasound tomorrow and our kids have already been at grandma's for two nights and I don't want them to be there past Tues. or Wed.  As my MW said (who went overdue with all 4 of her's) this is like the 'ninth ring of hell.'  I couldn't agree more.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#2 of 12 Old 05-01-2011, 06:10 AM

Oh dear :( No offense taken at all...but welcome all the same!! 

I am going to direct all my labour-vibes your way (sorry May mamas, but 41 w 4 d deserves some major attention! :P).  I really hope things take off for you before that ultrasound. *hug*

#3 of 12 Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 AM

Welcome - I went post-date with dd2 and it sucked, plain and simple. Sending labor vibes your way!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#4 of 12 Old 05-01-2011, 08:14 AM

oh no!  I am so sorry to hear this!!!  I hope your little ones really gets the message soon because that is just too much.  I totally agree with the MW about it being the 9th ring of Hell.  Hugs mama!

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#5 of 12 Old 05-01-2011, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I went to 41w9d with ds4 it is horrid. I would rather have teeth drilled without being numb ! It made me crazy with everyone calling to see if baby came yet (even though they were planning on attending the birth) and of course my MIL was freaked out something was wrong with baby. 13 days post date and he came out all peeling wrinkly and what not. but perfect and fast. I hope today is the day for you! sending baby vibes your way from everyone here

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#6 of 12 Old 05-01-2011, 01:32 PM

Going crazy here too, 42 weeks tomorrow. Please, baby, just pick a birthday!! 

#7 of 12 Old 05-01-2011, 07:45 PM

Sorry the castor oil didn't work out Taryn :(

I'm 41w today and no sign of baby yet. I did lose a little mucous this morning, but just a little bit. Still, it's something new, in addition to the 2.5 weeks of intermittent contractions and cramping. This is the most pregnant I've ever been.. crazy. In amusing news, though, I've now covered the entire year with pregnancy. Over the course of my 3 kiddos, I've been pregnant every day of the year ROTFLMAO.gif

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#8 of 12 Old 05-01-2011, 08:00 PM

I usually go overdue as well. I'm due now but expect to go another week or so. Infact I purposely joined the May instead of April club, since I knew I'd likely go over. I hope labor kicks in for you soon!

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#9 of 12 Old 05-02-2011, 02:57 PM

I thought of joining the May club, but I was "due" 3 different days of 4/10, 4/15 and 4/18. Thankfully my midwives are using the last date, but I really didn't think I'd go all the way to May! All of my kiddos have been late, with the latest being 19 days over. So this kiddo hasn't broken that record...yet. I'm 2 weeks over today, and super cranky. Do the pregnant hormones just triple when you're this overdue? 

#10 of 12 Old 05-04-2011, 03:41 AM

41 weeks here. Not really cranky, but then again I am used to late ones. My other 3 children have all been late; my last one was born at 43 weeks 4 days. I'm really surprised that everyone seems to be trying to induce themselves, even though Mothering is about doing things the "natural" way. Not judging; I just find it interesting. I've never tried messing with when my labor comes. I just wait.

Anyway. I have been telling the babe to wait until at least 5-15 so my husband will be done teaching for the year, and will have a more flexible schedule, so I can have more help with the new babe. Hope she's listening! :D

#11 of 12 Old 05-04-2011, 07:46 AM

I think some people try to do some natural induction methods to avoid risking out for a homebirth or hospital birth with a midwife. And also some are trying to avoid hospital inductions. Even with natural mindedness, there are limitations when it comes to the care provider many times. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#12 of 12 Old 05-04-2011, 09:55 AM

Absolutely! I can't have a homebirth after 43 weeks, although I would be fine with it. So we're trying home methods of inducing, which won't work if I'm not ready anyway. Acupuncture works with your body and its cues. The only thing I get when it's not time yet is contractions that don't produce a baby. Anyway, I'm hopeful that it will be soon. I woke up with all this energy and a need to clean/organize my house one last time. I'm not getting much done since I have to rest every 10 minutes, but hey, I'm 42 wks and 3 days, so it's ok. 

I went in for a biophysical profile yesterday, which baby passed with flying colors, yay! The ultrasound did estimate him to be 10.9 lbs, but my midwife said she thinks he's closer to 10 lbs. So, I also get to put aside all the 0-3 month clothes, cause it doesn't look like he'll fit them anyway. 

Crossing fingers that something happens soon. And I have to have him by Monday, cause otherwise it's hospital time! Truthfully, I'm not nervous and I feel that he is fine. It's the people around me who are making me nervous. If I get told how "brave" I am one more time, I might have to punch someone! Yeah, I have lots of hormones now. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page