mucous plug and other hopeful things - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-01-2011, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am expecting my 3rd. I had my last 2 at 41 weeks (ish). My OB this week said that she is generally 'surprised' when someone like me goes much earlier (this is contrary to what the other OB said). I am in terrible pain from some unknown hip/butt thing that I'm calling the PT about tomorrow so I did let her check me and I am 2cm's (@39 weeks).

Anyway last night I lost my mucous plug. Google says I could go 'for weeks' after that point but I'll take all the hope I can get from you guys if you have anything to share smile.gif

(with my first 2 I lost it right before labor or during labor but I never got checked with them. I'm sure it's related).

DS (6.06), DD (10.08), DD (05.11).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-01-2011, 06:03 AM

I've always list it at the very beginning of labor (3x) - keeping my fingers crossed for you!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#3 of 7 Old 05-01-2011, 08:56 AM

This is my first and I had contractions start up and last 8 hours on Thursday and I lost a lot of my plug but they they stopped being consistant and I've continued to lose plug since then. I would say it's the start of getting your body ready but that doesn't mean labor is going to happen in the next hours. Sorry. but I know that having that false hope that labor would start again in those next few hours has left me feeling Very frustrated and very done.

I hope that it starts soon for you though

#4 of 7 Old 05-01-2011, 01:59 PM

with dd, i lost my entire mucus plug at once about 24 hours before contractions began... 

i hope it means the start of something for you especially since your in so much pain!  hugs!!

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#5 of 7 Old 05-01-2011, 05:50 PM

With my first, I lost it two days ahead of labor, with my second, I lost it in labor.  This one, I honestly think I'm losing a little at a time.

#6 of 7 Old 05-01-2011, 07:25 PM

With a few of mine I lost it a day or two before labor started, and with a couple of others I lost it right as labor started.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#7 of 7 Old 05-03-2011, 02:56 PM

With my first I don't recall losing it. This time I've had bits and bloody show since Friday and all the labor signs - except contractions that get longer/stronger/closer. So, I've no idea how long this'll carry on til the real deal. I, too read on Google it can be hours/days/weeks from loss of plug to labor (which is what we already knew.) :( Hopefully yours will start up sooner than mine has been.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page