what is this kiddo doing???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-01-2011, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
tzs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i'm pretty sure that last night at 37-ish weeks the kid rotated from head down to transverse.....what is going on here? why so late in the game and why go back?????

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#2 of 8 Old 05-01-2011, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

oh no :( :( :(

that's such a painful flip, too. ugh. 

sorry mama...i hope the baby flips back for you soon!!

mama to 8 year old haye  and 3 year old zao

#3 of 8 Old 05-01-2011, 07:03 PM

Mine has been doing strange things too though I don't quite think that extremely.  But DD1 was tranverse for 8 weeks so I feel your pain.  If you haven't already, you should check out the spinning babies website.  Good luck. keep us posted.

Wife to DH, mom to DD1 energy.gif 9/06 and our new arrival DD2 femalesling.GIF 6/11

#4 of 8 Old 05-01-2011, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter
tzs

i've been thinking alot about spinning babies b/c i know the kid has been posterior alot lately as well. but i also know that dd1 was perfectly anterior for a long time and then flipped posterior during labor until my ob manually turned her...so i'm not sure what really can be done that wouldn't just end up differently at the last minute anyhow.

i guess when it comes down to it...i am just "done." i am so jaded and lazy that they could schedule me for a convenience c-section and i think i could care less. i do have an appointment with my doula tomorrow so i'm hoping she'll knock some sense into me somehow.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#5 of 8 Old 05-01-2011, 08:07 PM

My last was stubbornly posterior right up till pushing, and this baby had been posterior quite a bit as well. He finally turned anterior and dropped really low(something mine usually don't do till pushing) after I started bouncing and laying on my birth ball.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#6 of 8 Old 05-01-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibusymomto5 View Post

My last was stubbornly posterior right up till pushing, and this baby had been posterior quite a bit as well. He finally turned anterior and dropped really low(something mine usually don't do till pushing) after I started bouncing and laying on my birth ball.

My baby has been doing full on flips (I'm just 36 weeks though) still - I know he was head up for around 24 hours last week - no way to miss those hiccups up high like that. It's a crazy motion, but thankfully not actually painful for me. He seems to be head down now, but still messing around posterior for the most part and anterior from time to time. And then today he very unmistakably dropped! I've only had the other two for comparison, but I know they didn't drop 4 weeks in advance, so I was pretty surprised. I'm thinking the chiro AND my time on my birth ball must've made the difference too. It's such a weird feeling to have him sitting on my pubic bone now. Not painful, yet, and I go back to the chiro tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what she says.

Both of my first two were super active, flipping breech and vertex right up until the week they were born too, though, and then promptly going vertex before any labor started, so I'm just counting on this little bit to behave that well too! :)

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#7 of 8 Old 05-01-2011, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
tzs

glad to know this flippage happens!

#8 of 8 Old 05-03-2011, 09:04 AM

With my second 2 days before her due date she flipped to breech, then transverse, then head down... you could literally sit and watch her flip. She was unsettled for 2 weeks but finally she was finally born head down anterior 2 weeks late.(QUICK 3 hours labor at home!!!)  We had all kinds of back up midwives who had delivered breech babies before. I tried everything including belly binding to keep her head down but in the end she did it on her own! Funny because her personality is very much what it was in the womb. She doesnt like change and will do anything to avoid it!! LOL!

Im due on Friday and this little one is starting to do the same thing. She flipped to breech twice this last week. I just have faith she knows what shes doing in there! LOL! Shes just checking out all her options.... ;)

I think its normal they move around and my midwife said that as long as she has been head down before she knows there is no reason she wont find her way down there again!

GOOD LUCK with everything and try not to worry about anything!! It will all be just fine!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page