Lots of pre-labor signs... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-03-2011, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I am now 37 weeks...at my 36 week appointment my midwife told me that although I am not dilated, my cervix is anterior and very soft (That was a week ago). Now the last couple of days I have had diarrhea, nausea, decreased appetite and much more mucous discharge. (Although no blood or chunks) 

Today I have had irregular strong contractions with constant period type cramping and lower back-down through my legs and inner thighs-aching as well. It doesn't come and go, and there is nothing timeable...just constant aching.

My primary midwife is leaving for her vacation in two weeks and won't be back until I turn 41 weeks.... 

It is looking as though it is likely she may still be in town for my birth, but this is my first natural birth, so I am unsure of the symptoms and what they really mean. 

Anyone had all these and went 3-4 more weeks?

Just wondering...

Cerise

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#2 of 11 Old 05-03-2011, 05:27 PM

I hope you are able to go into definite labor before your midwife is out of town. Those could be signs of labor or it could just be prodomal labor? Depends on consistency of contractions and if they increase in intensity. There's no guarantees at this point but it could be the start of labor or at least your body is beginning the process of gearing up which could be a while more. So, don't get too excited unless things pick up. But, here's hoping! :)

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#3 of 11 Old 05-03-2011, 07:10 PM

I'm not really much help, since I'm wondering how much longer this will go on as well, but I've had all that including blood-streaked chunks/goop from my plug along with nausea, digestive upset, loose/frequent stools, constant pain in pelvic area radiating to thighs, tailbone pain (gone now and replaced with more pelvic pain) etc for 5 days straight now. The only thing missing is the regular contractions.

On last Tuesday I was 2cm and at 70% effaced. Have another exam tomorrow so might know more in terms of how much longer it'll be, but right now it's a waiting game at 39 weeks.

Hopefully yours comes to an end when your midwife is around to attend to you!

#4 of 11 Old 05-03-2011, 11:07 PM

I've had the cramping and pains similar to what you describe - on/off for a few weeks already.  No definite labor though.  I never had all this crampy stuff with my other two pregnancies so I can't be of much help.  I think that everyone's body is just so different.  I hope that you go into labor before your midwife is out of town.  Let us know how it's going.

#5 of 11 Old 05-04-2011, 08:53 AM

I've never had pre-labor type signs like that, so I'm sure if I was having them, I'd be pretty excited! Hard to say what it all means though! I hope things get going before your mw takes off! Mine is on vacation now and won't be back until I'm 39 weeks. Timed it just right, didn't we? :)

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#6 of 11 Old 05-06-2011, 10:15 AM

Well, I found out how long I went before labor. My max was 5 days of false labor signs. She arrived the day I was supposed to have my week 39th apt.

Hoping that your little one comes at a good time for you!

#7 of 11 Old 05-07-2011, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

So I had my appointment day before yesterday and my cervix is still closed, baby is engaged, but crvix is posterior again. The last two nights I have had stronger contractions lasting a minute each and coming every 4 minutes like clockwork, but by morning they are gone...so not sleeping very well!

The hardest part is that everyone keeps telling me that I am being a baby and they are not real contractions and my MIL keeps saying I am never going to be able to do a natural birth since I think these are contractions...but I actually have to breath through them! They aren't unbearable, but the are much stronger than BH contrax. And when I am having them it feels like period cramping and hurts from my lower back down through my legs and inner thighs...so I feel like they must be more prodromal or very slow early labor.

Anyway, I am not in a rush to have the baby, but the signs and the contractions are getting a bit uncomfy...

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#8 of 11 Old 05-07-2011, 08:51 AM

I know how that is Cerise. That's how it was with my second kiddo. I had prodomal labor for a couple weeks before he came along and yeah it hurt! You aren't a wimp. Just ignore any ignorant people - family or not. Hang in there. You can do it. :)

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#9 of 11 Old 05-07-2011, 08:59 AM

I had what I call "fake labor" for nearly 3 days with DD. It was consistent contractions and everything! I didn't go into actual labor until a month later! It did dilate me to 3cm though! So I would be cautious and keep an eye on things but well you just never know...

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#10 of 11 Old 05-07-2011, 09:20 AM

Sounds to me like it's the start of labor. The night I had the pain radiating to my thighs was the night I was delivering our daughter. Just ignore those that say you are being a baby. You know what's normal to you and that's all that matters. Just watch the signs closely for changes. I was doing that myself, but at the same time saying it's not time yet. I was wrong it WAS time. By the time I had undeniable proof it was time (water breaking) I was having contrax every 2-3 mins and barely made it to the hospital.

Watch close and if anything seems off or odd call your midwife. Best to be safe than sorry.

#11 of 11 Old 05-10-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceriserenee View Post

So I am now 37 weeks...at my 36 week appointment my midwife told me that although I am not dilated, my cervix is anterior and very soft (That was a week ago). Now the last couple of days I have had diarrhea, nausea, decreased appetite and much more mucous discharge. (Although no blood or chunks) 

Today I have had irregular strong contractions with constant period type cramping and lower back-down through my legs and inner thighs-aching as well. It doesn't come and go, and there is nothing timeable...just constant aching.

My primary midwife is leaving for her vacation in two weeks and won't be back until I turn 41 weeks.... 

It is looking as though it is likely she may still be in town for my birth, but this is my first natural birth, so I am unsure of the symptoms and what they really mean. 

Anyone had all these and went 3-4 more weeks?

Just wondering...

Cerise

Cerise - interesting. I can identify with some of these symptoms lately!  This is my first, so not sure what things are but i'm between 37 and 38 weeks and have had the GI symptoms for about a week on and off except actually my appetite has increased ... except when I'm nauseated. a bit more discharge and actually kind of a yeast/UTI type symptoms as well that come and go.  Seem to have really strong BH (or something really quite uncomfortable in lower abdomen, but not painful) when I'm possibly dehydrated? or hungry? or ???  I don't know anything about my cervix... anyway... hang in there... I am feeling a bit edgy with the unknowns and I have no idea if this means anything at all!  But do plan to call midwife today just to check in.

Expecting 1st 5/25/11 after topsy turvy two years of trying. Married to best guy ever. Always <3 .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page