Contractions, bloody show, lots of mucus... no freakin' labor! LOL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-04-2011, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think I'm a freak of nature.  Tons of contractions, lots of mucus (that is somewhat NORMAL for me, but this is definitely an increase... and it's annoying), and even bloody show (about a week ago and then again two nights ago)... but this baby girl seems to be comfy cozy in my womb LOL.  I know that she'll come out eventually and that these are all good signs that my body is *preparing* for labor, but gosh they kind of make me impatient at the same time. 

My 8 year old daughter told me yesterday that she "just had a feeling" that baby would be born today.  I was hoping she might have had some intuition that I lack, but it's looking like she was wrong. *LOL*

Beth
Mama to DD 2.18.03, DS 3.18.06, DD 5.7.11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 02:47 PM

That totally happened to me this past weekend!  If I weren't so pregnant, I would've done a cartwheel when I had bloody show on Sunday!  I thought for sure I'd be going into labor, but nope.  Here I sit on Wednesday with no indication as to when I'll go.  Such a cruel tease!

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
Old 05-04-2011, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb9906 View Post

That totally happened to me this past weekend!  If I weren't so pregnant, I would've done a cartwheel when I had bloody show on Sunday!  I thought for sure I'd be going into labor, but nope.  Here I sit on Wednesday with no indication as to when I'll go.  Such a cruel tease!

Even last night in bed, I woke up around 1 a.m. feeling a lot like I felt the night I went into labor with my son, and I was having some contractions.  I really thought it might have been "it."  But here I am! LOL  I know it could be almost another 3 weeks, but I'm hoping it's closer to a week or so. ;)  Good luck to you!

Beth
Mama to DD 2.18.03, DS 3.18.06, DD 5.7.11

Old 05-04-2011, 04:25 PM

maybe if you'd done the cartwheel, you'd have gone into labor? ROTFLMAO.gif

I started getting bloody show and crampy feelings yesterday (backache for a few days) - due date's tomorrow... had a checkup yesterday, but there's been lots of texting with my midwives recently. lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb9906 View Post

Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 PM

LOL, knowing my luck, the cartwheel would've caused baby to flip head up and THEN I'd go into labor.

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
Old 05-04-2011, 09:53 PM

I'm with ya!  Contractions, bloody show, tons of mucus, "cleaning out", and nothin'.  I was so sure yesterday was the day, we even had MIL come (she's 5 hours away) to watch the kids, and nothin'.  I choked down a castor oil smoothie this morning, and I've had a few contractions tonight, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.  I have a midwife appt. tomorrow and she'll strip my membranes again (had them stripped Monday too) and hopefully that will do SOMETHING.  Like I told DH tonight, I want to spend Mother's Day with all three of my boys, not two and a bump!

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

User Tag List