Who will join me... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

in a mob attack on the next person that says, "Go do a lot of walking to get that baby out!" or "Have lots of sex!"???

Seriously, people, I walk as much as I can (I think I have SPD so it's rather painful) as it is, and I had sex frequently right up until it got so uncomfortable that I'd rather be pregnant for the rest of my life than have sex again.

Do people really think these are some kind of magical trick?  And I'm not even 40 weeks, folks!!

I feel better now, thanks for listening. :)

Beth
Mama to DD 2.18.03, DS 3.18.06, DD 5.7.11

#2 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 08:42 AM

My favorite was "do you feel like you're getting close?" Made me "feel" quite violent...
dayiscoming2006 likes this.

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#3 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 10:05 AM

Yeah, I haven't had many people say that to me. I did have someone suggest jumping jacks...

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#4 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca_howell View Post

Yeah, I haven't had many people say that to me. I did have someone suggest jumping jacks...

lol.gif My FIL suggested I go to the 3rd step of our stairwell and jump off.  Because I definitely need to go into labor with 2 broken ankles!!!

We've had lots of people give us advice on how to get things starts.  DTD, spicy food, pepperoni pizza, walking, etc.  Everyone close to us knows that DD (whose birthday is today!!  3 years old!) was a c-section, and some inconsiderate people have said things like, "you know, you could just schedule the repeat c-section and be done with it..."  Which, yes, is true, but hello, MAJOR SURGERY?!?!  Plus, at fully effaced and 3cm, my body seems to be doing a good job going into labor (taking its sweet time, but doing it). 

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#5 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 10:38 AM

Just have to say I hope our targets for this mob attack are slow moving. I love the idea of the lumbering slow-moving pack of preggos coming on the attack.

I'm staying away from people who aren't my Dh or pregnant. I don't like them.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#6 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb9906 View Post

We've had lots of people give us advice on how to get things starts.  DTD, spicy food, pepperoni pizza, walking, etc.  Everyone close to us knows that DD (whose birthday is today!!  3 years old!) was a c-section, and some inconsiderate people have said things like, "you know, you could just schedule the repeat c-section and be done with it..."  Which, yes, is true, but hello, MAJOR SURGERY?!?!  Plus, at fully effaced and 3cm, my body seems to be doing a good job going into labor (taking its sweet time, but doing it). 

My mom keeps suggesting a RCS af.gif That woman tries my Bubble Of Peace...

... Pepperoni pizza sounds very good right now... **insert Homer drool/groan**

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaconda View Post

Just have to say I hope our targets for this mob attack are slow moving. I love the idea of the lumbering slow-moving pack of preggos coming on the attack.

I'm staying away from people who aren't my Dh or pregnant. I don't like them.

ROTFLMAO.gifYou saying we're not at max performance?? I cracked DH up the other day when I was trying to get out of bed to "chase" him for making a smart moon.gif remark. He literally was falling down laughing. I told him, "You know if I didn't have 7-8 lbs of baby in front of me I'd be getting out of this bed quicker!"

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#7 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaconda View Post

ROTFLMAO.gif I have been playing way too much Plants vs Zombies lately, but this totally gave me the most awesome mental image ever. Thank you!

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#8 of 8 Old 05-08-2011, 07:52 PM
tzs

i was just the other day thinking about how i walked the stairs like crazy with #1 trying to get things started after water broke.....this time around i could maybe do 1 flight and there'd have to be a pretty darn good reason to get up there.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page