Officially Overdue - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-15-2011, 02:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstress View Post

jeminijad - with all due respect, i completely disagree.  i absolutely believe it's meant as a scare tactic.  why else would one use phrases like "brain damage" and "still birth"?  they do have access to the same statistics i've read (and have included above).  they are misinforming women.

Yeah, this. A thousand times.

Ever seen a blog titled, "My OB said WHAT?!". Look it up, read a few pages, and try to say that again with confidence. ;)

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2011, 08:37 AM

Here's another bit of info for mamas feeling like maybe they're getting some unfair pressure to be induced.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1595289/

"The Mothers are the brave ones." - Call the Midwife

Old 05-18-2011, 02:11 AM

Or this one, which isn't proactive but gives you an insider's look on how deep the manipulation runs...

"Getting a stubborn patient to say 'yes'."

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

Old 05-18-2011, 07:15 AM

Well, my official due date is tomorrow. I am starting to freak out. My other 2 had been born by now. My first right at 39 weeks and my second at 38 weeks 2 days. So, I am trying to figure out what this baby is up to in there. Yesterday I had a moment of... "maybe I am not even pregnant, and I just have a tumor or something"

Heather
mama to E (4 years) and J (2 years) and K (born in May)
Old 05-18-2011, 09:26 AM

Okay, I can post here now! Today is my EDD. I know it doesn't really mean anything, but I sure was hoping for a baby by now! My first two kidlets were born before their EDD, so this third baby is throwing me for a loop! I feel like I have been pregnant forever--I got the BFP on Labor Day--if I'm still pregnant on Memorial Day I don't know what will become of me. mecry.gifAlright, so that is a bit dramatic, but I'm NOT good at this waiting game. Hopefully the baby will come this week since my DH is scheduled off work. I guess the only thing to do is wait, and wait, and wait. And wait. And wait....Ha!

Ali hang.gif Mama to Ezra (12/29/05) banana.gifand Willa (09/19/2008) broc1.gifand Louisa (5/29/2011)carrot.gif treehugger.gifnovaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg

Old 05-18-2011, 02:00 PM

Well... I don't know what this 3rd child is waiting for but he/she NEEDs to arrive soon.  I am 41wks+3 now and feeling so burnt out. I had an appt with my midwife yesterday and asked her to check me because I've been having off/on contractions that just don't go anywhere. Plus I've been feeling a lot of down low pressure, especially when I use the bathroom.  Good news is that the cerix is soft and effaced and I am dilated 4+ cms- very stretchy and she could feel the baby's head.  I go back tomorrow to be checked again.  Other good news is that the baby's head is engaged in a pretty good position- a concern for me since the baby has been vacillating between posterior and ROA.  I feel like I have to have the patience of a sait to wait this out.  I'm tired of DTD to get things going and, in fact, ended up with a yeast infection.  I was worried that would be in full force when I had the baby and then cause thrush but it seems cleared up and I've been double dosing on probiotics and my yeast gard vitamins.

ELV's to all those mamas who are past their "guess date".  They really should just give a 4-5 week window of time for when you are due as the "due date" just causes so much stress.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountrymommy View Post

Well, my official due date is tomorrow. I am starting to freak out. My other 2 had been born by now. My first right at 39 weeks and my second at 38 weeks 2 days. So, I am trying to figure out what this baby is up to in there. Yesterday I had a moment of... "maybe I am not even pregnant, and I just have a tumor or something"

I had my first at 38 weeks, second 39+4 and now I can say my 3rd at 41 weeks or 41 +2 if I go by the doc due date which I don't consider to have been accurate. So, I guess each baby has its' own time in mind. I know how you feel. 

Just wanted to give you encouragement with that.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 05-18-2011, 10:06 PM

I was 39 weeks yesterday and lost my mucous plug two weeks ago (lots of dribs and drabs since then) plus two days of bloody show: two days ago and today. The pain is pretty bad due to my AS (spinal disease), and honestly I'm feeling very 'done' but I'm hanging on... can't really be much more of this and in the long run it's so much safer to keep her in than it is to "encourage" or outright induce.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:11 AM

Here I am 11 days past my EDD.  I really thought I'd be holding my baby today.  Woke up at 2:30am with some contractions and after using the bathroom there was pink mucus and some slight blood tinged mucus.  Had ctx's that were about every 3 mins for about an hour and was going to call the mw.  Went upstairs and was feeling so tired I thought I'd lay down and see how I managed with them while lying down before I woke up DH and called the mw.  It was torrentially raining and wanted to be sure it was the real deal before I phoned her.  Well... they petered out and I woke up a few more times- off/on with mild ctx's but then I'm just in the same pattern of mild contractions and back pain this morning. I'm sitting here bouncing on a yoga ball.  I go see the mw at 11:30am today so we'll see what she has to say.  I'm getting sort of mentally beat with all this stop/start of labor.  I feel like this is the Tour de Labour and I'm just doing it in a zillion little stages.

I guess my biggest worry is that my water breaks and baby is born super quick.  This happened with DD2 and DH helped deliver her but I am just not the UC type and really like the reassurance of a mw there.  Well, another day.

Oh, and last comment... maybe this has been a mental block to labor- but I told my older sister I am having a HB.  She freaked out and said a lot of not so nice stuff to me (which I expected) but at least it's said and done. 

Old 05-21-2011, 04:48 AM

Joining this thread never thought I would be!  I'm only 1 day overdue though :)  I had my first at 37 weeks, second right on her due date.  Every pregnancy gets longer!  the hardest thing right now is my sciatica is bothering me so much I can barely stand anymore..otherwise I'm trying to be patient!  Lost my plug weeks ago, I've been 2cm for weeks...I WILL go into labor, I just have to keep telling myself that!

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:18 AM

Well today is my due date and I have no contractions or anything....so I will join officially tomorrow :D I have an appointment this evening with the midwives, so we will see how that goes...

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

Old 05-24-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maotmsmi View Post

maotmsmi,

Im so sorry for your loss..  I really wish you'd tell your story and not scrub your post history.  It is important that we share the tragedies as well.  candle.gif

Old 05-25-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChef View Post

maotmsmi,

Im so sorry for your loss..  I really wish you'd tell your story and not scrub your post history.  It is important that we share the tragedies as well.  candle.gif

Maotmsmi - sending love and light to you candle.gif

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

Old 05-25-2011, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

oh no. :(
how can we support you, maotmsmi?

hug2.gif

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 05-25-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChef View Post

maotmsmi,

Thinking of you, mama.

J - Birth doula and *very* grateful mama to bouncy Q, fancy F, and mighty F!

User Tag List