The. Fabulous. May. Chat. Thread. Week 2 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kmb: it sounds like your body IS doing it so don't give up hope! And believe me I know how frustrating it is to be dilated and efface for weeks on end with no baby. My 2nd pregnancy was like that...I was 3cm at 36 weeks, 80% effaced...4cm at 37 weeks and was that for 2 weeks...was checked at 39w and was 5cm with a bulging bag if water and 90% effaced...he came on his due date, an hour before I was supposed to check into the hospital for an induction by breaking my water.
I will say that he has been my easiest birth and that I have now decided that the more dilating and effacing my body does before labor the better smile.gif. But it's still frustrating! Hugs to you and I hope your baby comes before your scheduled induction.

AFM: I'm doing well. Still contracting fairly regularly in the evenings...I think it must be from dehydration and it just being the end of the day.
I need to still install the baby's carseat and am trying to catch up on some housework before my mom comes Saturday and I'm realizing I should just try and keep on top of things so my house is not a disaster when I go into labor(I'm having a homebirth).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#62 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 11:21 AM

I really want a home birth but we started removating then DH got called to a fire (he's a wildland firefighter) so he isn't home now and might not be for the birth depending on what the fire does. So the house is in literal shambles. I know I would not feel comfortable laboring with appliances everywhere and half painted walls/unfinished flooring and general mess everywhere that we have pulled things out of rooms we are working on and tossed into other rooms. 

I am glad I have a back up OB whom I love. I figured I can labor at my parents' or a friends' if I get irritated in my own house then go to the hospital when it's close to pushing time. My parents have already said I can't have a baby there, even though they do have the perrrrrrfect jacuzzi in their batheroom!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#63 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 12:13 PM

Evergreen:

Can you have a baby at a friend's house? :)

Too bad your parents won't let you have your baby there. And at least you got the back up OB, but man do I hate hospital birth. I'd be the crazy person delivering in your half painted; furniture and appliances everywhere house before I'd deliver at the hospital. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#64 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post

Evergreen:

Can you have a baby at a friend's house? :)

Too bad your parents won't let you have your baby there. And at least you got the back up OB, but man do I hate hospital birth. I'd be the crazy person delivering in your half painted; furniture and appliances everywhere house before I'd deliver at the hospital. 

I can't think of anyone I'd feel comfortable with asking that of who live close enough that I wouldn't have a hell of a car ride. I asked my parents last time because I wanted to use that awesome tub and they said no. They are actually excited I am considering going to the hospital this time, I don't know why, they aren't anti home birth.

I honestly felt the same way as you about hospitals before I had my second child. She was a hospital transfer and I had a great experience at the hospital where my OB delivers.  So, knowing that I have had a great birth there is really comforting to me.  Between the torn up house and the hospital I think I feel more comfortable with the hospital but I will actually make the ultimate decision in labor because I might not care then.

My 8 year old is waffling between wanting to be there an not be there. She was firmly opposed to it but now she wants to cut the cord. I told her that if she wants to cut the cord she should be in the house (or hospital) for the birth. She decided she will just chill in the bathroom while I am in labor but I told her that she'd probably be very bored doing that. So, the choice is ultimately hers but I don't want her to decide not to come and end up regretting it.

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#65 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

so i had my midwife appointment, i am 37w6d. she checked me on my request and discovered i am nearly 4 cm dilated and nearly effaced...my cervix is only about 1 cm long. yikes! it's still a little bit towards the back so it needs to move forward a bit but she was shocked at the progress...i let her sweep my membranes whistling.gif and just had bloody show. yikes.

mama to 8 year old haye  and 3 year old zao

#66 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 03:28 PM

I love my chiropractor. I feel so much better. Ahhh, to have an aligned back and hips. LOL

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#67 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post

I love my chiropractor. I feel so much better. Ahhh, to have an aligned back and hips. LOL

I love my chiropractor, too.  I was so indifferent to chiropractic care before this pregnancy.  I am a TOTAL believer now.  My chiro is awesome.

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#68 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 05:55 PM

The people who text or call twice a day...don't they think I would let them know if I had had the baby! I know in their own way they are being supportive. But dear lord people you will know. I might take a spot out in the NY Times!! My sis wrote me note about how sorry she is I am doing this on my own out here. I told I'm fine and I do have support. She then decided she would tell me how silly I am for living where I live and how much better my life would be if I did what she thought was best. And then used the best tactic my family knows....GUILT. How badly I hurt my family living where I do. Especially my Dad. If only I could have seen the joy on his face playing a game of toss with her son. FU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMT View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only person who is on edge.  I went for a NST today just to appease my worries.  I ate an orange and had a peanut butter Luna bar and baby was wild and crazy.  So, I passed the NST without a problem.  Then I call my older sister and she can't just say- great to hear the baby is doing well.  Nope, she has to make me feel like crap that I am not conceding to being induced.  No pregnant woman wants to be told that they are putting their baby's life at risk because they are waiting for labor to start naturally.  I haven't even told her I am having a home birth because she will be anything but nice.  My sister called 3x yesterday to ask if I was in labor. Then lots of other people keep phoning.  Right now I pretty much am not picking up the phone anymore.

#69 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 06:07 PM

I'm sorry about your family.  I love my sister but she plays the guilt card a bit too much with me. For 5 yrs, DH and I lived in CA and there was so much guilt about being there.  Now we live closer but I still only rarely see my family.  My family loves me, as do I but some families are only happy if you play by their rules.  Unfortunately, I have always had a very different viewpoint on healthcare and pregnancy and that makes things very difficult- be it cloth diapering, home birth or the like. Today, I made a conscious effort not to call anyone.  I just sent an email out that I was still pregnant and probably would be a while longer.  Baby is active and healthy and will emerge soon enough.  It's hard to ignore family but sometimes the healthiest thing is to turn inward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post

The people who text or call twice a day...don't they think I would let them know if I had had the baby! I know in their own way they are being supportive. But dear lord people you will know. I might take a spot out in the NY Times!! My sis wrote me note about how sorry she is I am doing this on my own out here. I told I'm fine and I do have support. She then decided she would tell me how silly I am for living where I live and how much better my life would be if I did what she thought was best. And then used the best tactic my family knows....GUILT. How badly I hurt my family living where I do. Especially my Dad. If only I could have seen the joy on his face playing a game of toss with her son. FU!!!

#70 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 06:15 PM

Warning...Mason is right by my side...he really thinks the emoticons on here are fab so we may be throwing some random ones in here or there. He's about to burst to do it.lips.gif

He came down with a sudden ear infection last night around 5 pm. Poor babe was so miserable! But man do I love homeopathy. He was sound to sleep by midnight and cleared up by this morning. I still took him to the chiro. It's a new one for him I was no longer happy with the other guy. His papa goes to this guy. As we were leaving he wrote down his home and cell and said please don't hesitate to call the next time this happens. He doesn't want any suffering for anyone involved! And to feel free if I get "stuck" in the birth. I would have so gotten adjusted if I had the $ for myself today!! I was so happy for his offers!!

Still 4 cm today at check up. I feel stressed about having to make this happen by Sun. That is the lst date my mw can see me. She won't talk about what happens if I don't go. She recommended castor oil. I am so scared of it. I am hoping to go in for some cranial sacral tomorrow am. This therapist has studied at the same psychic school as me so we are working on a trade. God I wish I could work on myself as easily as I can others! Which at this point if any of ya'll are approaching your inductions please contact me. I would be happy to take a look at things and get rid of any energetic blockages.

Ok he's over it! I'll try again later!!

grouphug.gif bouncy.gif kiss.gif treehugger.gif dizzy.gif biglaugh.gif surf.gif

#71 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 07:09 PM

Big hugs to one and all! I know I'll never keep up with everyone at this rate. :)

But, what I do remember - Evergreen, I'm in SC. But our house is maybe two miles from the NC border, so... :)

KarenMT - I am so sorry your sister is so fearful and condemning! You should not have to hear that! Big hugs! And I hope it all comes together just as you envision it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post

so i had my midwife appointment, i am 37w6d. she checked me on my request and discovered i am nearly 4 cm dilated and nearly effaced...my cervix is only about 1 cm long. yikes! it's still a little bit towards the back so it needs to move forward a bit but she was shocked at the progress...i let her sweep my membranes whistling.gif and just had bloody show. yikes.

We're so right there together - I had my last appt on Tuesday at 37w4d and (after asking to be checked) was a stretchy, marshmallow-y 4cm all the way through, (no funneling, no bands, just open!) and I had to bear down just so she could get any kind of "grip" to feel what was happening things are so soft and mushy. Of course that could mean nothing if I leave well enough alone. But. I don't know if want to. Been doing the pineapple and EPO, but not walking enough with dh and kids being a bit sick. She suggested (after telling her about my dh starting the new job next week and our having no idea how much time he'll have off) some castor oil tomorrow morning (based on our schedules, lol) but then dh's allergy attack turned out to be a cold, and the kids have a touch of it, so we didn't get some things done and ... Idk. Castor oil is precisely the sort of thing I never intended to try, but wow would it be nice to have dh there for sure - if it worked! We're not going to do it tomorrow morning, but I'm going to talk with her about trying it Saturday morning. Whatever bit of my mucus plug was still there (I guess the heavier discharge I've been having WAS the silly thing) is now gone and I have low and strong contractions all the time, but they never wake me up or keep me awake... 

We close on the house Monday. Holy cow. Dh is all about the castor oil thing. He was blown away by the cm - he only remembers that I'd been having some contractions for a couple of hours and we were at the hospital when I hit that point with dd, lol! AND bless his heart he had the presence of mind to have the house cleaned professionally today so we can start moving in (everyone's ok with that even before the closing) any time we want. I didn't even have to suggest or ask for that to happen! Pretty much either way I'll just be sitting around holding a baby and watching the work get done, so I guess it's just a matter of in my belly or in my arms, right? In theory we're going to go do everything that's on my list tomorrow, and then who knows? Maybe plenty of activity and dtd and whatnot will get things started and I won't have to think about castor oil? I'll feel bad having the baby (and *trying* to so hard) while my actual mw is on vacation, but if I have to choose between my dh and mw, then you know.. obviously! :)

It's been so exciting to see the announcements! Mama-mich, I hope things happen before Sunday! Hope to make it back here a bit more often but with dh home and his laptop being on crack it just hasn't happened.

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#72 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 08:28 PM

Ryleee...I'm not that far behind you and a little green with jealousy that you have made so much progress already!  I really thought about trying to check myself last night in the shower but then it stormed and I didn't get a shower until this morning and by then I'd chickened out.

Had my apppointment today at 37 weeks 3 days.

Group B Strep = 18 hours time limit after water breaks :(

Pitting Edema = eating cucumbers and drinking nettle tea if I can find it

Went shopping tonight for the last last minute birth supplies that I forgot on the last round (minus some food for me). I bought table clothes to put between the pool and the bathroom.  two more brushes so the kids will have one in their bag and I'd have one in my transfer bag.  And food for my food sensitive daughter so she can eat whereever she goes.

Since my swelling is so bad, dh asked for a "to do" list for tomorrow joy.gif  Which is great! Because I'm moving at a snails pace these days.  This is my third and it's not happened quite like this before. Never swelled up or had so many uncomfortable feelings and back aches before.  Not much longer though...I hope.

#73 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 08:46 PM

Wow ladies...progressing early smile.gif I did that with my 2nd and he was a fast and easy labor though I walked around at 5cm for a week before he was born(on his due date...i had been 3cm dilated and 80% effaced since 36 weeks).

Mama_mich...I hope baby comes soon for you!

Afm: I need to not have this baby tomorrow or until Sunday now really. Dh is back to work for his work week, tomorrow I'm still watching the little boy I baby sit and my mom doesn't get here till late Saturday night. So I hope to take it easy though I have laundry day tomorrow and I'd really like to go to our farmer's market on Friday which is it's opening day:)

#74 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 09:13 PM

I am new here. I am 39 weeks due May 22nd. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed with all that is happening around this time. House renovations, visitors, graduations, first communion. I am trying to just keep up on the daily housework, and I am ashamed to admit that I am grouchy these days and yelling waaaaay tooo much and then apologizing to everyone in tears.

To top it all off, we are trying to figure out what food allergies my son has and that has led to a very restrictive diet. Try telling a 4 yr old no to wheat, chocolate, peanuts, dairy, ...

I am so tired lately and my legs are giving me trouble. I just need to vent, so I don't vent around the kids...really how are they supposed to understand?

#75 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwendolyn's babies View Post

I am new here. I am 39 weeks due May 22nd. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed with all that is happening around this time. House renovations, visitors, graduations, first communion. I am trying to just keep up on the daily housework, and I am ashamed to admit that I am grouchy these days and yelling waaaaay tooo much and then apologizing to everyone in tears.

To top it all off, we are trying to figure out what food allergies my son has and that has led to a very restrictive diet. Try telling a 4 yr old no to wheat, chocolate, peanuts, dairy, ...

I am so tired lately and my legs are giving me trouble. I just need to vent, so I don't vent around the kids...really how are they supposed to understand?

welcome :)  

i am so grouchy too :(

tons of bloody show still...

#76 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 10:20 PM

I'm GBS negative!!!joy.gif Sooo happy about that.

Wow, Rylee that's pretty exciting.

The baby is a bit lower than last week and does not want to cooperate with exams. I also start having contractions the minute I lay on my back so my measurements were all over the place. We had to use the doppler too cause I couldn't stay on my back long enough to use the fetoscope. The baby also likes to punch wherever they stick the fetscope too, it does not like the palpations and all that. Very into it's personal space, this little one. Our last birth class is next week and I'm feeling a bit sad already. I have really bonded with this group. We'll be having an after birth baby meeting party though which is pretty cool. Feeling pretty good other than that other than really feeling how much lower the baby is. So heavy on my pelvis!

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#77 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwendolyn's babies View Post

Welcome! I actually have told my 4 y/o all of those things and more! I am so sorry! hug2.gif I know how lousy that is withOUT the pg hormones - I don't know how I would've handled it with them!! And you're due on my birthday. :) Feel free to be grouchy! We so understand! Eventually things calmed down enough I was able to figure out some new favorites and treats for ds. But things are hard enough with new babies and little dudes without having to let go of everything they love to eat!!

Camprunner, what a sweet thing for your dh to do! Mine is on a mission to accomplish my list tomorrow too - I hope you're able to relax and some of the edema goes away for you!

L&K, I'll send you "hold off on labor" vibes if you send me yours - we've decided to hope this baby doesn't come until next weekend - 20th-22nd - rather than try to rush things. My mom gets here the 24th and we both would prefer to have a couple of day w/o anyone else here after our baby is born. But some of these contractions feel so pushy, I'm kind of hoping things will just get going on their own. I felt super pushy with the whole last month of ds's pg though, and he went to 40 weeks, so as much as I want to believe that matters, it really doesn't for me. They just feel better when I bear down a bit with them - I'll keep doing that until Saturday, then I'll just walk around with my legs crossed until the 20th, right? Haha.

#78 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 PM

i'm GBS negative too!

#79 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post

I'm GBS negative!!!joy.gif Sooo happy about that.

Feeling pretty good other than that other than really feeling how much lower the baby is. So heavy on my pelvis!

yeahthat.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post

i'm GBS negative too!

Me three! biggrinbounce.gif

#80 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 11:16 PM

Thanks everyone for the hopes! I am so anti castor oil. I told my mw I have never heard of it working just making women sick. She said even the journals say it doesn't work but in her experience it does in women past their edd and at least 2 cm dilated. She also said so does scrapping the membranes which we've done twice now :( 

The new chiropractor called from his home to check on Mason tonight. I am in love with this guy.

I am def set for cranial sacral tomorrow... yea!

Welcome G's Baby's!

We planted some flower seeds today... how fun it was with Mason at 3 he was really into it for the 1st time!

Oh I just went brain dead!

#81 of 109 Old 05-11-2011, 11:33 PM

Oh, I'm still so excited for you ladies! Sending good labor/birth/timing vibes for you all... goodvibes.gif

As most of you probably read, DP and I lost our baby girl during labor... it's been a tough few days, but I've finally gone a somewhat reasonable amount of time without randomly bursting into tears, so I guess I'm starting to feel a little bit better.  It helps that I get to snuggle with DP and the kitties all day and that I've gotten a lot of kind outreach from friends/family/co-workers.

I have my first post-partum appt. tomorrow - I'm kinda sore and tired, as expected... *sigh* I can't wait to get back to serious swim/dance/cross-fit - I hate to sound vain, but I'm not loving the extra-skin belly with stretch marks, and I'm looking forward to trying to reduce it.

I'm surprised that there isn't more lochia/bleeding (orngtongue.gif I'm unimpressed) and surprised my milk hasn't come in yet (maybe my body KNOWS there's no baby to drink it?  I'm still making some colostrum... I was thinking about donating my milk, but who knows).

#82 of 109 Old 05-12-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post

Thanks everyone for the hopes! I am so anti castor oil. I told my mw I have never heard of it working just making women sick. She said even the journals say it doesn't work but in her experience it does in women past their edd and at least 2 cm dilated. She also said so does scrapping the membranes which we've done twice now :(

The new chiropractor called from his home to check on Mason tonight. I am in love with this guy.

I am def set for cranial sacral tomorrow... yea!

Welcome G's Baby's!

We planted some flower seeds today... how fun it was with Mason at 3 he was really into it for the 1st time!

Oh I just went brain dead!

Just for an encouraging story on castor oil...it worked for my mw....she used it with 4 of her 5 pregnancies to avoid induction. So if you go that route I hope it works for you as well.

#83 of 109 Old 05-12-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkElmo View Post

Oh, I'm still so excited for you ladies! Sending good labor/birth/timing vibes for you all... goodvibes.gif

As most of you probably read, DP and I lost our baby girl during labor... it's been a tough few days, but I've finally gone a somewhat reasonable amount of time without randomly bursting into tears, so I guess I'm starting to feel a little bit better. It helps that I get to snuggle with DP and the kitties all day and that I've gotten a lot of kind outreach from friends/family/co-workers.

I have my first post-partum appt. tomorrow - I'm kinda sore and tired, as expected... *sigh* I can't wait to get back to serious swim/dance/cross-fit - I hate to sound vain, but I'm not loving the extra-skin belly with stretch marks, and I'm looking forward to trying to reduce it.

I'm surprised that there isn't more lochia/bleeding (orngtongue.gif I'm unimpressed) and surprised my milk hasn't come in yet (maybe my body KNOWS there's no baby to drink it? I'm still making some colostrum... I was thinking about donating my milk, but who knows).

Big hugs to you punkelmo.

#84 of 109 Old 05-12-2011, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post

Big hugs to you punkelmo.

yeahthat.gifhug2.gif

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#85 of 109 Old 05-12-2011, 05:07 AM

Once again, I am so sorry for your loss, PunkElmo.

I am feeling heavy...that is the only word I can think to describe it. I feel like I have weights on my feet, belly and hips just pulling me down all the time. Some slight swelling at the ankles last night after eating canned soup. I'm going to have to start drinking a lot more water I think. Sciatica started this weekend but thankfully hasn't shown back up. And fatigue is pretty bad. My boss came yesterday so I could show her a few things in my office she'll need to do while I am on maternity leave. I'd been planning to work up until I went into labor but I told her I'd start leave at 41 weeks if baby hadn't shown and she was very understanding. She's never had kids but I think she could tell I am uncomfortable. These are all really minor complaints and I'm glad I don't have it worse. Still, it could be 5 more weeks for me if this baby is anything like the last two were.

#86 of 109 Old 05-12-2011, 05:12 AM

Happy Due Date to me... I was biting my tongue so bad last night at church. All the well meaning people with their shocked faces and their, "You're STILL here?" comments... Peace... Peace... I think the best comments were from our preacher and his wife (who is a L&D nurse who has been very vocal against my VBA2C during this pregnancy). He apologized for not mentioning me during the prayer list, and she told me, "Get the breast pump out!" We had a good laugh about that one!

Had a very emotional night last night. Nothing pregnancy related, stuff I can't elaborate on in a public forum. Just think of/pray for my extended family.

Doing more laundry today. Not much else planned. There is a wildfire in south Georgia that is burning and sending a lot of ash and smoke down here, and it's causing everyone respiratory issues. Those of us with asthma and allergies don't stand a chance. I can't get out of the house to walk, and it's driving me nuts! DH doesn't want me going to the gym by myself, but he's too tired in the evenings to go... so I'm stuck in here.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#87 of 109 Old 05-12-2011, 06:34 AM

Happy Due Date, Becca!!!!!! 

#88 of 109 Old 05-12-2011, 09:44 AM

love and light to you, mama. sending you peace and healing vibes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkElmo View Post

As most of you probably read, DP and I lost our baby girl during labor... it's been a tough few days, but I've finally gone a somewhat reasonable amount of time without randomly bursting into tears, so I guess I'm starting to feel a little bit better.  It helps that I get to snuggle with DP and the kitties all day and that I've gotten a lot of kind outreach from friends/family/co-workers.

I'm surprised that there isn't more lochia/bleeding (orngtongue.gif I'm unimpressed) and surprised my milk hasn't come in yet (maybe my body KNOWS there's no baby to drink it?  I'm still making some colostrum... I was thinking about donating my milk, but who knows).

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#89 of 109 Old 05-12-2011, 10:42 AM

aww punkelmo. you have been so heavy on my heart the last few days, i am just extremely sad for you and have no words to express it. :( 

#90 of 109 Old 05-12-2011, 10:59 AM

DH is making good on his promises. The bathroom was disinfected this thoroughly this morning and I hope to get in there and clean out some of the drawers later. It was a tough job since I just hadn't been up to it.  DH is so worry about the edema (googling it might not have been a good idea) that he is letting me stay in bed today  and between that and hte cucumbers, I think it's helping. My feet are starting to look like themselves so much that I feel like Ariel on the Little Mermaid when she gets feet. I just keep looking at them.

Count me in at another who has been unusually cranky. I'm usually very patient with my kids but I've found myself snapping at them and things that don't usually bother me really getting under my skin.  I hope once baby is born that all of this goes away.

I do think I'm going to back out of a field trip we were supposed to go on tomorrow and just watch the kids at the park instead. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page