The. Fabulous. May. Chat. Thread. Week 2 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 109 Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camprunner View Post

DH is making good on his promises. The bathroom was disinfected this thoroughly this morning and I hope to get in there and clean out some of the drawers later. It was a tough job since I just hadn't been up to it.  DH is so worry about the edema (googling it might not have been a good idea) that he is letting me stay in bed today  and between that and hte cucumbers, I think it's helping. My feet are starting to look like themselves so much that I feel like Ariel on the Little Mermaid when she gets feet. I just keep looking at them.

Count me in at another who has been unusually cranky. I'm usually very patient with my kids but I've found myself snapping at them and things that don't usually bother me really getting under my skin.  I hope once baby is born that all of this goes away.

I do think I'm going to back out of a field trip we were supposed to go on tomorrow and just watch the kids at the park instead. 

Good for your dh.  My dh has been dealing with being sick off and on for the past month and it's been so hard to be doing it all.  Fortunately my Mom gets here Saturday and she's a big help with the kids, meals and the house(if I ask her...she does so much with the kids and the meals that I don't really care if she helps with the house).

Add me to the cranky list...I'm trying not to be as I know I don't have it that bad.  But man I've been so emotional all of a sudden and short with the kids.  I'm so glad kids are so forgiving...I've been having to ask for a lot of forgiveness lately with them.

I am so happy that spring is finally here!  We have leaves on most of the trees now(small ones, but they are getting bigger everyday :)  Now if this high wind(which is unusual for this time of year) would end it would be perfect as the sun is shining.

I'm definitely contracting regularly at night...not so painful it's labor but they are definitely noticable.  I've never had this with any of my other pregnancies so it's a little weird as normally when I feel and notice contractions I'm in labor.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#92 of 109 Old 05-12-2011, 01:27 PM

So glad that so many moms are giving birth...it makes me feel closer to the beginning (of our lives with baby in the world) 

First - those who are so close to giving birth, I am sending lots of good labor vibes. I hope that all your births are perfect and healing in whatever way they need to be. I also hope that everyone gets to avoid inductions and c-sections! 

Second - again to PunkElmo - We are holding you in love and light. I am so grateful that you shared your experience with us and that you are taking the time to be loved. We will continue to be here for you in whatever way we can. 

AFM - I am still waiting, but not as impatiently as before...I think I saw the signs as more imminent and now I realize it is a process and sometimes it takes it's time. I don't want to miss the last days I have being pregnant. I will miss feeling baby move and kick and be so close to me. I am also trying to take more time with my daughter as I know that soon her world will change drastically. I want her to know how much I love and her and am here for her no matter what. I am now 38 + 4 weeks and I am dilated to a little more than 1cm, slightly effaced, cervix is forward, baby's head is low, but not engaged anymore and I have had some bloody show. My prodromal labor contractions stopped completely! Nothing but a very upset stomach and diarrhea (sorry tmi)

So, here I wait...

Talk to you soon, 

Cerise

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#93 of 109 Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 PM

I had some irregular contractions starting at about 4pm today, laid down for a nap and was woken up by one at about 6:30. DH came home and we timed a couple, 30-45 seconds, anywhere from 3-6 minutes apart. Sometimes they stop for as long as 20 minutes. I took a bath hoping it would make it go away and when I got out I noticed I had lost some of my plug. Nothing regular enough to be labor, but painful enough to be distracting and annoying. I was also starving and ate dinner and yogurt and a bunch of almonds. I feel like I have to pee constantly and the baby is just wiggling around like crazy. 

I am hoping this is just a pre-labor kind of thing that will mellow out. I really really want to go to my husbands graduation on Monday. (We spent a pile of money on the Phd Robe and Hood too!). Got the bags mostly packed though, which I totally had not gotten around to doing. I'm going to go to bed and try to get some sleep. 

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#94 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 01:07 AM

Punk Elmo, I'm so sad for you. I really hope that you find peace in your loss sooner. I can only imagine how that must feel.

#95 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Pe I am so deeply sorry for your loss dear.

I have bells palsy now and its hard for me to deal with computers and phones. I'm astounded at the late days of pregnancy right now. Bringing new life is truly a delicate process. 40+4 today. Hugs to all.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#96 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 06:10 AM

Anna, I'm so sorry. That sounds so frustrating and painful.

My body seems to be cleaning itself out. Not fun. I have too much to do today to be running to the bathroom every 20 minutes...

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#97 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca_howell View Post

Anna, I'm so sorry. That sounds so frustrating and painful.

My body seems to be cleaning itself out. Not fun. I have too much to do today to be running to the bathroom every 20 minutes...

Big hugs! I hope that means labor is on it's way soon for you! I can completely sympathize as my body has been doing similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#98 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 11:45 AM

I had my 38 week appointment today.

I gained 4 lbs. But I am convinced 1 lb was entirely pee.

My cervix is also really long apparently. So, I wasn't expecting a baby before the end of May but that kind of confirmed it.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#99 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 01:50 PM

It sounds like a few of you are really close!!!  I feel like I still have a while to go yet.  I'm feeling huge.  My clothes don't fit and I feel like I look ridiculous.  I'm not about to go out and buy something for the last couple of weeks, so I guess I'll just constantly be pulling up my pants and pulling down my shirts until baby comes.  redface.gif

I was loving the warmer weather we had this week!  I'm so ready for summer!!  We spent lots of time outside enjoying the sunshine, but I took the kids to the beach today and it was freezing!  We still had a picnic and they had a blast running around in the sand and water.  This weekend looks like it's going to be a wet one and I was hoping to finish up some things around here and stock my freezer, but my in-laws are coming down.  Normally I'd be thankful, but for some reason I'm annoyed...  I guess because I have things I want to do and finish up before baby gets here and I feel like they're messing up my plans.  I know that sounds so rude.  Everything seems to annoy me lately.  I'm like a little ball of sunshine walking around these past few weeks.  bag.gif  

#100 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaconda View Post

Pe I am so deeply sorry for your loss dear.

I have bells palsy now and its hard for me to deal with computers and phones. I'm astounded at the late days of pregnancy right now. Bringing new life is truly a delicate process. 40+4 today. Hugs to all.

My cousin had this happen to her (I think while she was pregnant or shortly after baby was born) and while it was scary, everything turned out fine!  I'm so sorry you're having to go through this right now!!  hug.gif

#101 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 04:00 PM

okay seriously, i am sooooo livid!!!!

here's an email i got from one of my oldest friends who lives in my hometown:

"Been thinking about you lots lately. Hope all is well and I get to snuggle your baby girl soon!! Any names picked yet? I herd your already dialated 7 cm yay! It will be soon enough but I figure Id drop a line and let you know all is great and I miss you lots!! Thinking of you lots talk later Love ya Steph"

what the hell!!!!!! ugh.

my mom made a mistake and posted something about me being dilated to 4 cm the other night on a friends page, and we have 76 mutual friends. luckily it was late at night and only one other person saw it that i know of (yeah, she wouldn't have kept her mouth shut) and dea took it all down after i was like "um...can we not talk about this on facebook?!"

seriously i am just so mad. 
i sent an email back being like "uh...7 cm? where did you hear THAT?!" and made a facebook status about how nobody should worry about how far dilated i am until we tell them we are having a baby or had one. HOW IS IT OKAY TO DISCUSS A WOMAN'S CERVIX BEHIND HER BACK JUST BECAUSE SHE IS PREGNANT? ugh. i am so mad.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#102 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mija y mijo View Post

It sounds like a few of you are really close!!!  I feel like I still have a while to go yet.  I'm feeling huge.  My clothes don't fit and I feel like I look ridiculous.  I'm not about to go out and buy something for the last couple of weeks, so I guess I'll just constantly be pulling up my pants and pulling down my shirts until baby comes.  redface.gif

my clothes don't fit either. I'm constantly pulling shirts down but I'm refusing to wear anything that goes over my belly. I just keep doing laundry to wear the same few pairs of pants over and over because I feel confined in anything that goes over!

Anna: That sounds miserable. I'm so sorry that is happening. I can't iimagine.

Complaint Warning:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Everytime I feel this baby move it HURTS.  I've actually screamed a few times.  Everytime my husband jumps up and runs ot me and says "Is the baby coming?" I'm like...no...labor doesn't hurt this bad!  Of course the family jumps when I say I have to go pee or gasp too.  My water broke with DD#1 and I didn't gasp as far as I know and certainly didn't scream. Just told DH that I my water broke and we went on.   Anyway, this baby is different and if contractions start out like he is moving then I might be in trouble!

I also broke down last night and checked myself. I was sorely disappointed with all the pain that I seem to have made NO progress.  I couldn't even feel the cervix and I distinctly remember feeling the rigid ring (even though I didn't know how far dialated I was) before dd#2 was born so now I fear that I will go all the way to the middle of June.  Going to try to be thankful for the extra time though.

My feet looked even better this morning.

I made a list of 14 meals that I can freeze (and a shopping list to go with) and I'm thinking we will double up on atleast a few favorites. Particularly favorites of my picky dd.  The last load of baby clothes is in the wash now and I was set to start washing diapers until I realized that I forgot to change dd's sheets from an allergic reaction (of bedwetting) this morning.  So that went in the wash instead.  Was way too tired to make dinner so I made a batch of donuts instead and they were really good. I'm sure that dh will probably help make something a little healthier when he gets home.

Still have a goal of blowing up the backup pool by the time we go to sleep tonight.

#103 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mija y mijo View Post

It sounds like a few of you are really close!!! I feel like I still have a while to go yet. I'm feeling huge. My clothes don't fit and I feel like I look ridiculous. I'm not about to go out and buy something for the last couple of weeks, so I guess I'll just constantly be pulling up my pants and pulling down my shirts until baby comes. redface.gif

I was loving the warmer weather we had this week! I'm so ready for summer!! We spent lots of time outside enjoying the sunshine, but I took the kids to the beach today and it was freezing! We still had a picnic and they had a blast running around in the sand and water. This weekend looks like it's going to be a wet one and I was hoping to finish up some things around here and stock my freezer, but my in-laws are coming down. Normally I'd be thankful, but for some reason I'm annoyed... I guess because I have things I want to do and finish up before baby gets here and I feel like they're messing up my plans. I know that sounds so rude. Everything seems to annoy me lately. I'm like a little ball of sunshine walking around these past few weeks. bag.gif

I caved and bought a couple maxi dresses, one maternity and one just a size larger than what I normally wear in women's...I need about 5 more now as they are SO comfortable.
And I'm sorry about the il's interrupting your plans...I'd be ticked about it too since that's how I've been feeling lately too...I just want to do my things and accomplish my to do list so don't get in my way.

And rylee...I'd be ticked too.

#104 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 05:20 PM

Having a hard time keeping up here lately, but know I'm thinking about you all yet to deliver and praying for all of us mamas and babies!

I just had Zoe's 2 wk check-up today.  She was down to 9lb 5oz last week (from 10lb 11oz) at birth.  This week she gained 1oz!  This is the pattern for my babies. They lose weight for 2 weeks and take 2 months to get back to birth weight.  Fortunately my doc doesn't worry about this and she is very healthy.  I'm not worried because I can tell my milk supply is fine and she's never fussy plus most importantly she poops and pees alot!  I just wonder why my babies do this.  I was a bit concerned last time because DD seemed to fuss as if she didn't have enough milk, but now I'm sure that wasn't the case with her either.  I'm just glad I don't have a doc asking me to give Zoe formula to gain weight faster.  This is just the way her body works.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#105 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 08:50 PM

PunkElmo, you sound amazing. I've been thinking about you, your dp and your baby girl so often the past few days. I hope you're cleared to get back into your dancing and exercise routine soon - I'm sure that will help you deal with things on many levels. I don't think you're being vain at all - you're such an active person I think it's very natural to want to get back fully into the swing of things. Keeping you in our thoughts! I hope you and dp continue to be surrounded by love and support! Thanks for the vibes!

Annaconda, I am sorry you're dealing with Bell's Palsy! I know that has to be a challenge to say the least. Hope it doesn't stick around for long!

Ryleeee, I'd be mad as hell!! Hope they get the point!

Camprunner & Mija y Mijo, I'm so there with the clothes! Dh pointed out to me, after we were already out of the house, that my shirt didn't cover my lower belly. I was like A) No kidding. Welcome to my world. B) And you're choosing NOW to make this point, when there's definitely nothing for me to change into?? and C) Are you seriously suggesting we go shopping? Because DUDE, NOTHING fits over my belly!!! At least he had the decency to look sheepish.

Jr'smom, sounds like you have a great pedi! How nice not to have to fight with him/her over formula.

We've been so busy with moving, buying furniture (we stopped by a thrift store and they had all their furniture half off - woohoo!) and such that I can't believe I haven't had more signs of *something* happening, but I really haven't. About the same amount of contractions, a bit of bloody show that did surprise me, and not much more. Argh. Though I did suggest strongly in my head that perhaps NEXT weekend, and not this one, would be better, so perhaps the little darling is just following along. Perhaps I was silly to think ANYthing would happen before 40 weeks and I can just throttle back! My girlfriend told me "you're having a small child, just reason with it" Haha! So there we go, yeah? Right.

Oddly enough, dh and I found a sofa tonight that we both really liked. We never really like ANYthing that's the same. We've said for years that we'd have to decorate any house with an Asian if not fully Japanese influence, because it's one of the few styles we both truly like. But this sofa is nothing even vaguely Asian in style or flair - it will be interesting to see how things go, since I can imagine the colors in it having a big impact on what colors we use in the main living spaces. And it's kind of fun not to be thinking about my to do list for five minutes. :)

Thankfully, everyone's cold seems to be going away quickly. Some strange fast virus that actually did NOT take root in anyone's chest - not even mine, and when they all get colds, I usually get pneumonia! Yay, sodium ascorbate! And stuff. :) Some other happy news - dh's new job now starts Wed, vs. Tues. I know it's just one day, but every day he's here is a day I feel less stressed. :) We close on Monday, and while we'll officially stay here in Gville until the baby is here, we're thinking of spending Mon night, if not Mon and Tues, at the house because We Can and because dh would be around to drive me if I went into labor. I don't love the idea of 30 odd minutes in a car in labor, but I know dh would get such a kick out of making that drive, lol. The kids are just so excited to stay there - not to say dh and I aren't! - and I hate to deny them!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#106 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 09:58 PM

You know what's driving me the most bonkers? Right when I start thinking "Oh, maybe this whole prelabor thing isn't happening", I get another contraction. I know other people have been dealing with this longer than the two days I've been dealing with it. How do you cope? 

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#107 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 10:10 PM

I tell myself none of it's labor - it's all just warm up for my body and the baby as they get ready for the big event. Not saying I necessarily believe that, lol, but basically ignoring it as much as I can until I can't. When I can't ignore it or sleep through it, it's labor. At least, that was true the last two times. And staying as busy as I can, be that mentally busy or more actively physically/mentally literally busy.

And staying hydrated - had a hard time with that with my first and psyched myself out over it when lack of hydration started contractions and the excitement would cause me to fail to realize it was just the lack of hydration... not actual labor. When I know I'm well hydrated, I know my body is doing legitimate work to prepare, not stressing itself out over lack of appropriate hydration/rest/nutrition.

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#108 of 109 Old 05-13-2011, 11:55 PM

what's making me a mental case lately.?....lack of sleep. I think I have had 9 hrs in the last two days. my legs won't let me rest. Tylenol isn't helping, wearing support stockings.....drinking plenty (and I drink a lot of water) of water, taking all my supplements....I feel so sleepy, yet I can't sleep!!! ugghhhhhh!

I just need to vent, as my family is sick of hearing about my legs!!

That's it, put a fork in me I am DONE!

so how is everyone else?nut.gif

#109 of 109 Old 05-14-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwendolyn's babies View Post

what's making me a mental case lately.?....lack of sleep. I think I have had 9 hrs in the last two days. my legs won't let me rest. Tylenol isn't helping, wearing support stockings.....drinking plenty (and I drink a lot of water) of water, taking all my supplements....I feel so sleepy, yet I can't sleep!!! ugghhhhhh!

I just need to vent, as my family is sick of hearing about my legs!!

That's it, put a fork in me I am DONE!

so how is everyone else?nut.gif

Varicose veins? If so I understand...I've been fortunate this pregnancy that they haven't hurt as much as they did in my previous pregnancies. I'm not sure if it was the supplements I've been taking or the Chiro but I'll take it. But hugs to you mama varicose veins suck! Mine still look hideous.

And Elonwy, I'm with Lizzie in that I just try and ignore it until it's so painful and consistent I know it's not going to stop. And I've noticed hydration or lack of make my contractions stronger and more frequent so I'm really trying to make sure I drink enough. That said I'm so looking forward to not hurting or contracting every time I stand up.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page