The. Fabulous. May. Chat. Thread. Week 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 109 Old 05-07-2011, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought we would go with what's working formatting-wise... seems like we're decorating the world with some beautiful newborn May flowers!

Smooth easy birthing, mamas.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#2 of 109 Old 05-07-2011, 07:47 AM

wow. time is flying by. where did the last week go?

i am thrilled beyond thrilled at all the babies coming into the world here in may ! joy.gif it is so amazing !

beautiful, blessed labor vibes to all of you in labor...dust.gif

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#3 of 109 Old 05-07-2011, 08:02 AM

thinking of reelgeek, MrsBone and MamaChef.  know we'll be hearing announcements from you soon.

i'm 40w4d today.  obviously, i want this baby to come, but surprisingly, i'm not feeling super anxious.  just believe that baby when come when it's time.  have appt on monday and am curious what dr will say (if i still haven't had this baby). 

bringing dd to a big sister class this morning at a local hospital.  thought it might be fun for her. 

my mom's been here visiting from massachusetts since last saturday (and stays through the 17th).  was sure baby would be here by now, but it's been nice to spend time with her before baby arrives.

my sister and her family arrived from arizona last night and are here until monday.  they planned the trip knowing my mom would be here (to celebrate mother's day and my mom's birthday -- she'll be 70 on monday) and assuming there'd be a baby to meet.  at this rate, they may have to return next weekend to meet baby.  they're only four hours away, so it's quite doable.

got a surprise diaper service delivery last week.  gift from my in-laws (16 weeks of diaper service).  it was actually quite a relief.  buying the cloth diapers was one of the few things i hadn't gotten around to taking care of yet.  we CD'd dd, but used a service.  planned on washing them ourselves this time around, but hadn't figured out all i needed yet.  MIL said i shouldn't have to be bothered with the washing for the first couple months, so set up the service.  once i'm back to work, perhaps we'll be able to keep the service, if not, at least i have a few months to get what i need.

rearranged our bedroom and set up the co-sleeper (one more thing checked off the list).  however, our cat now thinks the co-sleeper is his new bed.  ugh!  i hate to banish him from our room, but he definitely can't be jumping in there once baby arrives. 

also completed my birth plan and semi-packed my bag.  i have a list of things i need to bring, so it'll be easy to toss those things in there when the time comes. 

thinking of you all.  looking forward to hearing some mother's day birth announcements (and if one of those happens to be me, that'd be great)!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#4 of 109 Old 05-07-2011, 01:59 PM

Keeping all those in labor in my thoughts also! 

Sorry I haven't been on here much, life got crazy. This month is amazingly busy. Starting with the end of April, my MIL's birthday was the 27th of April, mine was yesterday, then we have Mother's Day, my husband and I have our anniversary on the 12th of May, and my hubby's birthday is the 19th...all of that and baby should be here sometime soon! Plus, our 3 year old being 3!

I am now 37 + 5 weeks pregnant and am having lots of early/prodromal labor, but hanging in there. Baby is healthy, and so am I, so that is all that really matters. 

My midwife leaves for vacation on the 15th of May and comes back the 31st, so we will see if she is around for my birth or not! I have really been able to bond well with the backup midwives though, so that is good!

Other than that, trying to rest and stay in good spirits!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Cerise

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#5 of 109 Old 05-07-2011, 02:03 PM

Gosh, I think everyone's off having babies! How exciting smile.gif

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#6 of 109 Old 05-07-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:

got a surprise diaper service delivery last week.  gift from my in-laws (16 weeks of diaper service).  it was actually quite a relief.  buying the cloth diapers was one of the few things i hadn't gotten around to taking care of yet.  we CD'd dd, but used a service.  planned on washing them ourselves this time around, but hadn't figured out all i needed yet.  MIL said i shouldn't have to be bothered with the washing for the first couple months, so set up the service.  once i'm back to work, perhaps we'll be able to keep the service, if not, at least i have a few months to get what i need. 

I wish I could have a diaper service! I looked into getting one for the first couple of weeks (due to all the post partum issues last time) and there just isn't one that travels this far :(  I did compromise and decide to do about two weeks of chemical free disposables...ofcourse they are the ones that I bought for dd2 when daycare threatened not to take cloth...they had horrible reviews and I figured that I'd be doing laundry one way or the other. Luckily, they ended up letting us bring cloth.  I guess if they really leak, we will go ahead with cloth after the meconium is gone.

Counting the blessings of each task I can get done. This morning, I put the stroller cover back on (and it looks great after being washed) and tried out the carseat in it. I had always heard that a Graco seat would fit snugly inside a peg stroller but wouldn't have believed how great the fit was if I didn't test it out. I honestly think we'd have to turn the stroller upside down for the seat to fall out. I don't plan to use it this way much at all, but with two older kids into everything, I'm still trying to figure out sun protection for this little guy.

DH and my older kids brought home a mothers day present this afternoon. A very NICE glider with a promise of the matching ottoman coming next week.  I wasn't wanting something so nice. Just something to rock the baby in for a couple of years (read: Walmart would have been fine).  But I'm thrilled because I think this one should last forever and maybe I can rock the grandkids in it one day.

#7 of 109 Old 05-07-2011, 02:52 PM

ELV's to the mamas in labor!

I'm wishing my body would decide what the heck is going on. I feel awful today. Been having diarrhea all night and a stomachache along with sporadic contractions. If this is a stomach bug it can end now...it's been over 24 hours now...and if it's labor then let's get this show on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#8 of 109 Old 05-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

sounds like possibly labour!!! hoping you are feeling better soon!

whoops, i just posted over in the week 1 thread. 

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#9 of 109 Old 05-07-2011, 06:56 PM

i hoping it's labor and it starts for you soon L&K!  

ahhh... this baby's movements are killing me!  every evening from 7 to 10ish are a squirm-fest for her and i feel so much pressure i'm sure my water is going to pop!  so much for relaxing anymore after dd goes to bed.  i'm not having any signs of impending labor so i'm sure i'll be waiting around until the end of the month :)

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#10 of 109 Old 05-07-2011, 10:32 PM

You all sound so chipper!!  I wouldn't think you were in the last weeks of pregnancy.  wink1.gif  Me on the other hand-I've been SUCH a complainer lately.  Thankfully my DH isn't bothered at all by it and thinks its normal for this stage of pregnancy.  He also more than happy to lend his prostoglandins in an effort to make me "un-pregnant"(his words).  Not due for another 2 weeks, but at least DTD is a distraction from all my aches and pains.

I'm really a homebody now.  Don't like hearing all the well-meant comments from others.  Plus I've been puttering around trying to get everything ready for our homebirth.  Oh, and going out 8.5mos pregnant with a 5yr old, 3.5yr old and 23 mos old sounds like a bad idea. 

I'm getting really excited reading all the birth stories!!  I only hope I can be so quick to post mine.  I'm terrible at stuff like that. 

samstress-That is awesome about the diaper service!!  Sending positive thoughts your way-hoping that labor starts up soon!

#11 of 109 Old 05-08-2011, 05:55 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all the new moms, moms-to-be and those who are already moms!!  I am hiding out in my office while DH and my girls make me breakfast.  I already ate at 6am, before walking the dogs but I ate light knowing they wanted to make me a grand breakfast.

ELV's to all the moms who are so close to labor.  Today is my EDD and I'm still feeling.... well... nothing....except some on and off cramps. I told DH that tonight we need to DTD to try and get things going a little bit.  Would have last night but I was nervous as my midwife was staying with family an hour away and I just didn't want to go into labor and have that extra stress that she wasn't close by.

It's difficult going out and speaking with others because no one can fathom that I don't have an induction date set or haven't been induced already.  I was at my daughter's soccer game and one of the moms is an OB/GYN and I had to choose my words wisely.  She was saying that she gives all her moms an induction date at their 37 week appt. I just had to bite my tongue.

#12 of 109 Old 05-08-2011, 06:35 AM

Yeah, my doctor due date is today. I'm ready to be done. Come on baby! :) 

I have no impending signs or symptoms so, who knows. My best friend told me both of her labors just started up at random. So, I guess that's what'll probably happen to me too. This is the longest pregnancy I've ever had at this point. Not really a personal record I wanted to beat, but it's done. LOL

Happy Mother's Day to everyone.

KarenMT: Ignorant doctors. Blah.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#13 of 109 Old 05-08-2011, 10:36 AM

Loving reading all the birth stories! 

I've been noticing an increase in energy since my midwife told me to drink more water.  Feet only look slightly less swollen though.  This morning I turned around and went back to sleep for several hours after I got up and ate breakfast.  :(  Maybe my body just needs the rest after doing so much laundry yesterday.  All is done except baby laundry which I'm hoping to get to today.

I'm feeling a little like we might have made a mistake.  We signed dd up for a soccer tournament 9 days before my due date (calculated by ultrasound) and ON the original due date.  My thinking is that we have a 5 week window, so why would it happen on those two specific days? Now I'm just a little nervous because she will HAVE to play or cause her team to forfeit and I may end up without a birth partner.  I don't like to wait around for a baby so I'm just hoping that either baby is already here OR that I get to go and watch and baby comes later.  She really wants me to go baby or not....

#14 of 109 Old 05-08-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMT View Post

Happy Mother's Day to all the new moms, moms-to-be and those who are already moms!! I am hiding out in my office while DH and my girls make me breakfast. I already ate at 6am, before walking the dogs but I ate light knowing they wanted to make me a grand breakfast.

ELV's to all the moms who are so close to labor. Today is my EDD and I'm still feeling.... well... nothing....except some on and off cramps. I told DH that tonight we need to DTD to try and get things going a little bit. Would have last night but I was nervous as my midwife was staying with family an hour away and I just didn't want to go into labor and have that extra stress that she wasn't close by.

It's difficult going out and speaking with others because no one can fathom that I don't have an induction date set or haven't been induced already. I was at my daughter's soccer game and one of the moms is an OB/GYN and I had to choose my words wisely. She was saying that she gives all her moms an induction date at their 37 week appt. I just had to bite my tongue.

Good for you for biting your tongue...that would've been hard!

No baby here or labor...just had a lovely 36 hour stomach bug...still not 100% this morning but my appetite is returning. I was hoping for a baby. A friend on another board had a mother's day baby so that's exciting.

I'm definitely cranky and whiny right now...I feel for my Dh and kids and I'm not even due yet. I still go out as I would go nuts being at home. I must not be huge though because I haven't gotten many when are you due comments...people just look at me like I'm crazy when I'm out by myself with my 6, 4 and 2 yo.

Elv's to you mamas we haven't heard updates from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#15 of 109 Old 05-08-2011, 02:23 PM

I am 37 weeks today! I lost my mucus plug last night. I hadn't ever lost it til labor before. It was so exciting I immediately pm'd Ryleee. Hahaha. I know it doesn't mean labor is on th ehorizon any time soon but it reminded me things are happening. My husband is on a fire and could be for weeks so I am finally getting my butt in gear and getting ready for baby knowing if I don't do it no one will. The baby clothes are still in the attic and the dipes need washed.

Would you go on a 4 hour trip alone at 39 weeks? I am seriously considering it. I want to tour my law school and put a deposit on our new apartment and it will be easier to do it before baby comes rather than after.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#16 of 109 Old 05-08-2011, 04:27 PM

Evergreen, I would not travel that far at 39 weeks alone. Any way you can find someone who'd go with? I'd still be a bit nervous to do it then but it's better than alone. Of course, this is assuming you make it to 39 weeks. You never know.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

#17 of 109 Old 05-08-2011, 04:47 PM

With my first, I was planning a trip on my due date. I'd been two weeks late so I assumed my own children would be.  Much to my dh's relief I went into labor the day before we were supposed to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

I am 37 weeks today! I lost my mucus plug last night. I hadn't ever lost it til labor before. It was so exciting I immediately pm'd Ryleee. Hahaha. I know it doesn't mean labor is on th ehorizon any time soon but it reminded me things are happening. My husband is on a fire and could be for weeks so I am finally getting my butt in gear and getting ready for baby knowing if I don't do it no one will. The baby clothes are still in the attic and the dipes need washed.

Would you go on a 4 hour trip alone at 39 weeks? I am seriously considering it. I want to tour my law school and put a deposit on our new apartment and it will be easier to do it before baby comes rather than after.

#18 of 109 Old 05-08-2011, 04:57 PM

I've never had a baby before 41 w 6 d so I am thinking I have all the time in the world but I might not! My last two births were 29 and 42 hours each so if I did start I'd be able to make it home before the baby came and if there is an emergency I'd actually be a few short miles from Duke Hospital which makes me feel pretty safe. Maybe dh will be able to come with me. I hope the fire is out soon it's ruining all of my plans!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#19 of 109 Old 05-08-2011, 06:13 PM

Hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day. Mine was great. Last night we went to WalMart and while DS and I looked at the "ish" in the pet department, DD and DH picked out a pair of new pajamas and flowers for me. When we got to the car they were waiting in my seat. The new jammies are so comfy! We went to church today and I got to take a nap cuddled with my baby girl today. We went to my mom and dad's this evening for dinner/Bible study. It was a great day. Except this is the first time I've been able to go on the internet. For some freaky reason our DSL has been crashing and today it crashed all day long, then when we got home tonight it made me do like a total system reboot like we haven't been using the same ISP for the last, oh, 15 months or so. I was so irritated DH brought me a chocolate chip cookie... yeah, I think I was scaring him.

Still going to sleep with contractions every 15 minutes or so and waking up feeling fine. Thinking of using castor oil tomorrow. Also thinking about seeing if the doctor would consider a stretch and sweep Tuesday. As much as I want to go completely naturally, I really don't want to have to fight for my VBAC at/after 41 weeks. Not to mention I'm tired of my lower extremities going numb, having sharp pain in them, etc.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#20 of 109 Old 05-08-2011, 09:51 PM

Ok I'm going to try to post again. The last time I tried it got stuck on the "waiting" window for like 20 minutes before timing out. *sigh* So I hit 37 weeks yesterday. Woo! The baby needs to hang out for at least another week though.

We went for a walk tonight, just like 4 blocks, the minute i start moving I get contractions and pelvic pain so it was kind of a sad walk with tons of stops but I'm trying cause I know it's important.

Good labor vibes to all! I forgot all the rest of the stuff I tried to post last time orngtongue.gif

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#21 of 109 Old 05-09-2011, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

Morning ladies, happy belated mother's day...

EG I also wouldn't go four hours alone... you certainly could go into labor and then who would drive you home?  I don't know.  As I type that, sitting here at 40 weeks, I have a little bit of the "eff-its" creeping in... like why limit yourself.  I am having so much early labor stuff that I could definitely drive through.  Better safe than sorry though.

Dayiscoming happy EDD - :)

Today is EDD... I really thought the baby was coming last night - I had a good many hours of surges and though DH wanted to stay up, I was pretty pooped.  Early yesterday I woke up and was just frustrated with sinus pressure and not being able to sleep that well - I totally lost it in tears, waking DH.  He got me back on track though in a great way.  We went to MIL's house yesterday and did some work in the garden.  I didn't do a ton but I did some for sure.  Had surges on the way home and after an hour break, had more surges through the evening till about 10:30pm.  I read the thread about water being broke for 24 hours and to "have a glass of wine and try to rest" and I thought that was exactly what the doctor ordered.

I was grumpy and tired and swollen at the end of yesterday and I really felt like I'd rather get a night's rest in me if possible or at least a nap before laboring.  So... here I am Monday morning!  We took a walk this morning and DTD.  No action happening right now.  There is a work thing I may take care of this morning... going to do some laundry.

Last night was kind of a wake up call for me - I was tired from the day's activities and I think I might have "shut labor down" a bit by asking my body for some rest first.  So I want to get nice and rested today and keep an eye on my energy levels - gearing everything to being in a pleasant place mentally for laboring.

#22 of 109 Old 05-09-2011, 06:24 AM

Happy EDD to you too 

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaconda View Post

Dayiscoming happy EDD - :)

Sound like things are gearing up pretty well for you. Nothing happening for me at all. Just waiting. Hoping something will happen soon.

#23 of 109 Old 05-09-2011, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Waiting is insane.  :)

I am back in my holding pattern as well.

Fingers crossed!

#24 of 109 Old 05-09-2011, 07:04 AM

Fingers crossed for you!

My baby can't come yet- as comfortable as that would probably make me I have toooo much to do and it would be nice to have my husband home for the birth. I've dilated 1 cm in 2 days.

#25 of 109 Old 05-09-2011, 07:14 AM

Wow, once again, miss a couple of days and just feel like I've missed so much! Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day weekend! ELV's to the laboring mamas and I can't wait to catch up on some announcements and birth stories! Not sure I can keep up with this thread but I'm gonna try ....

Samstress - Yay for a diaper service! If my mother in law knew cloth diapers still existed, maybe she'd do that too... hmmm. :) Hope things get going for you SOON!

Cerise - So nice to connect with your back-ups AND your mw, isn't it?? I was so pleasantly surprised! Now we'll see if our babies beat our mws back from their vacations. :) (I'm rooting for our babies!!)

Camprunner - The glider sounds awesome! That's something I'm really hoping we get just as soon as we have a place to put it - never had a baby without SOME kind of rocking chair before! I guess the birth ball will have to do in the mean time. :P

L&K - I hope you're feeling better and sort of "back on your feed" after the tummy bug! I thought I was going to toss my cookies last night and I was torn between "NO! I can't be sick!" and "Hey! Maybe this is a sign of labor?!" LOL - happily and sadly, neither seemed to be the case - just a bit of random aggravation with my tummy apparently.

PA - I know just what you mean - the movements seem HUGE and intense and frequently take my breath away and then give me a contraction! Somewhat funny, somewhat... Stop that! :) Hard to relax when your belly is apparently a gymnastics class.

KarenMT - You handled the OB/GYN mama very graciously - I don't know if could've kept my mouth shut - and what would that really have achieved? Well played!

Dayiscoming - Wow... I would be kind of bent, I think! Until reading that this is your longest pg yet, I didn't realize how much I was banking on the idea that the babies come faster and easier as you go along until reading that you had, in fact, broken your own record! I guess the only encouragement I have to offer is that I never get any impending labor signs, so maybe you're closer than you realize!

Evergreen - I'd be torn about the 39 week thing. I'd probably plan to do it to freak everyone out and possibly jinx myself into labor, and wait for someone to volunteer to come with me, then end up doing it with no problem - to my utter annoyance.
But you and Elonwy, happy 37th week to us! We're sort of the caboose on this train, so it's exciting that we're all three "full-term" now!! :)

Becca - Sounds like a great weekend! I hope things move along for you soon so you'll have a baby in your arms instead of pain in your legs and hips! :)

Annaconda - I'm wishing I had a garden to be working in now... :) But I hope today everything comes together with peace and the right frame of mind and body and you get that baby here today or tonight!!

AFM - Had a wonderful weekend with my aunt. She's one of those people who shows up and makes your life easier and more interesting instead of complicated and frustrating! She always knows more about where you live than you do, and we more or less played tourist and had a great time. My kids just love her and she took them out Saturday and dh and I just got to relax together for awhile - probably the last time! AND she helped my kids pick out a necklace for me and got it - incredibly thoughtful of her! I got a lot of walking in - for all the good that seems to have done - but you know it helps in the long run as well. Greenville is an even nicer little city than I realized, and we even checked out the children's museum, which was exhausting as well as fun.

I never (well, at least the last two times within my experience!) have any signs of impending labor, no obvious plug loss, no "cleansing" with the bowels, no leaky fluid, none of that, so I'm holding out hope that somehow I'm closer than I think I am even without those sorts of things happening - and both times were the day after my due date. REALLY don't want to wait that long. I really hope the baby is here before dh has to go back to work on the 17th, but I'm not sure I'm willing to do more than walk and eat gobs of pineapple and do the evening primrose oil. I was talking with the girls that worked the admissions desk at the children's museum about castor oil, - one girl said two of her friends used it and had their babies within 24 hours - but I'm just not sure if I want to do that yet... maybe later this week? Guess we'll see how desperate I get. :)

Now I can go catch up with the rest of the threads. :) C'mon Babies!!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#26 of 109 Old 05-09-2011, 10:11 AM

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday!  I can't believe how many babies have arrived already!!!  I'm only at 37 weeks, so I expect I have a while to go yet...

I'm feeling HUGE and have been complaining way too much.  Plus I'm super irritable.  My poor DH...  I'm sure he's tired of hearing about my aching back and my sleepless nights.  And I keep snapping at the kids for the stupidest little things.  I feel like I need a day alone to just unwind and rest uninterrupted.  This move has really stretched me too thin.  

That said, I spent yesterday getting things ready for the baby.  I have all the clothes and diapers washed and put away, so that is a huge relief!  The new apartment is coming together nicely and I only have a few more things to do.  It won't be a huge deal if they don't get done before the baby arrives, but it would be nice if I can get it all finished.  I'm still waiting for my birth kit to arrive - they sent the wrong one!  But other than that and freezing some meals everything baby related is good to go.  So hopefully the right kit will arrive in the next few days and I'll get a surge of energy to stock the freezer, so I can relax the last few weeks of this pregnancy!

#27 of 109 Old 05-09-2011, 10:26 AM

Evergreen- I hope you get as much time as you need before baby arrives.  Sounds like you really want to go and see your law school so I hope losing the plug was just a slow progression thing.

Annaconda- I'm in the same boat.  Had some progress Friday but nothing since then.  I was due yesterday so now everyone is beginning to drive me batty.  I told DH that we should DTD this afternoon but he wants to go play hockey tonight so I guess it will wait until he comes back and, of course, showers.  Hockey sweat is the nastiest of all things- LOL

Lizzie- Good luck with your babe arriving very soon.  I am sort of frustrated because DD1 was 8 days late and DD2 was one day early.  I was really banking on this baby being on time or a few days early. I go for another NST tomorrow just to ease my mind. 

AFM- had a great appt with HB midwife and her assistants.  Baby is now in a ROT position- not exactly posterior but more posterior than anterior.  Guess I'll be doing some pelvic rocking again tonight.  Scheduled a NST tomorrow just to put my mind at rest because I still have this still birth fear.  The HB midwives are great at reassuring me that baby is active and healthy heart tones but once someone puts that thought in your head it is so difficult to get the fear to leave you.  I just hope baby come soon so I can focus on baby and not on these end of pregnancy fears.  When DD1 was overdue it wasn't a big deal as I was 6.5 yrs younger and we lived in a much less intervention crazy area. 

#28 of 109 Old 05-09-2011, 11:44 AM

lizzie- Yes! Full term feels great!!! I couldn't tell- are you in Greenville, NC or SC? Or somewhere else hahaha

karenMT- I am so glad you had a great appointment today. Rok that pelvis! I am a worrier this time, I wouldn't even use a doppler with Ava because I felt the risks outweighed the benefits , but so far I've had 3 ultrasounds, a doppler every appointment and have a NST tent. scheduled for 42 weeks (actually 41 weeks 5 days because 42 weeks is a Sunday.) I do feel better using technology this time to reassure me that things are fine. 

mija- I bet tha is such a releif to be all finished with the new home! Now you just need a baby to put in there!

#29 of 109 Old 05-09-2011, 01:21 PM

Has anyone lost mucous plug at the beginning and not had it be pink/red? I had about a pea sized amount of white come out this morning. It was definitely solid, not normal discharge.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#30 of 109 Old 05-09-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca_howell View Post

Has anyone lost mucous plug at the beginning and not had it be pink/red? I had about a pea sized amount of white come out this morning. It was definitely solid, not normal discharge.

I lost a bit of mucous plug this morning and it wasn't bloody at all. I'm hoping it could mean something is about to happen, but who knows.

I had bloody show just before going into labor with my first. I'd say it's probably anyone's guess though. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page