How long from mucus plug to baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-07-2011, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know everything varies from person to person, and I Xposted this in the general pregnancy forum, too. I"m just curious to see what those of you who've btdt have to say.....

I am 40 w 3 d and I've been loosing chunks of what i assume is mucus plug over the last 2 days. A few contractions and lots of cramps. But nothing consistent or super strong.

I'd love to have this baby mon or tues  :)

Thanks!

edit: also, what can i do to move it along? I assume sex is no longer safe at this point?

#2 of 7 Old 05-07-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post

I know everything varies from person to person, and I Xposted this in the general pregnancy forum, too. I"m just curious to see what those of you who've btdt have to say.....

I am 40 w 3 d and I've been loosing chunks of what i assume is mucus plug over the last 2 days. A few contractions and lots of cramps. But nothing consistent or super strong.

I'd love to have this baby mon or tues :)

Thanks!

edit: also, what can i do to move it along? I assume sex is no longer safe at this point?

Sex is fine so long as your water hasn't broken. And nipple stim is something to try.

For me plug to baby has been different every baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#3 of 7 Old 05-07-2011, 06:46 PM

Sometimes I lose mine a day or two before and others right as labor starts. I lost mine this time right as labor began.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#4 of 7 Old 05-07-2011, 07:32 PM

A week and counting.  Sigh. 

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#5 of 7 Old 05-08-2011, 04:06 AM

Sex is fine even if your water has broken... you're both immune to each other's natural body bacteria ;)

Losing your mucous plug has little to bearing on labour being imminent, as it can constantly replenish. If you're dilating (which may or may not be normal for you, and not an indication of labour) and are too far open to plug back up again you'll notice big hunks coming out on a daily basis. With #1 I lost it 2 days before, #2 5+ weeks before, #3 the morning before. Baby #4 is not due until late May and I've already lost large hunks already and am at least 2-3cm dilated... but I'm content in the knowledge that I have many weeks left. :)

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#6 of 7 Old 05-08-2011, 09:25 AM

Well, I lost bits of my plug a week+ from when I went into labor. First time seeing bloody show was 5 days before I delivered. I don't remember how things played out with DS though it was too long ago to recall.

#7 of 7 Old 05-08-2011, 12:52 PM

With both of my girls I didn't lose it until labor.  With my first my neighbor and I were due a day apart and she lost hers 3 weeks before she had her baby.

I lost mine last night!!!! I am only 37 weeks, though, so I am sure it will replenish itself.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page