Mothering Forum banner

Justus John Mark Has arrived :)

989 views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  samstress 
#1 ·
Everything about this pregnancy and birth has been totally backwards... I'm still in shock! My body just TOTALLY putered out on me.

I was in labor on Thursday morning and I was a good 50% effaced, 4-5 centimeters dilated. I had a horrible stiff neck though (could barely turn my head) and back labor! He was sunny side up!

So I got to the hospital... they blew 4 veins before just putting the IV in my hand. I was GBS+ so I had to have antibiotics.... I had to be monitored every 40 minutes. My contractions spaced out but were hard and painful...and after walking, trying the tub- emptying it and refilling it... 9:00pm rolls around and Im leaking fluid. They check me.. NO CHANGE. I was STILL 4-5 cent and 50% effaced... and in horrible pain. My cervix was so very tender. Theyre talking induction at this point since I had been there all day and night.

2:30am comes and Im exhausted. The tub is freezing, my legs and hips were killing me from walking and squatting and nothing happening.... so I finally give in and get the Pitocin and epidural. I was devastated.

Around 9:00am Im feeling his head low. His heart rate is still great but it's on and off the monitor since he was moving down. I turn on ichat to stream the birth to my girls at home and get ready push. We let my body do most of it. As he starts to descend more... his heart rate plummets. It's 40. Something is wrong so I have to push HARD and get him out. I push really hard and his head emerges with the cord TIGHTLY wrapped around it. The cord was too short to let him out so she had to cut it at the perinium and get him out.

She hands him to me and Im trying to revive him but hes blue and grey and listless. They grab him and code blue as 15 people rush into the room to rescucitate him. Im bawling and when he's breathing Im begging for them to just give him back. The tell me he needs to be monitored in the NICU for 4 hours and I tell them I just want to hold him and they can monitor him all they want from my arms.

Reluctantly, they give him to me and I immediately latch him on and give him snuggles as I deliver the placenta.

He's fine now... perfect... doesnt even have jaundice. I am BARELY bleeding at all- but he is colicky and has been nursing for almost the whole time he's been out. My nipples are sore from all the sucking hard to get the colostrum.

Im concerned about my pelvic floor- I had to push hard to get him out and I aggrivated a hemroid as well as complicated my separated pubic bone. So... It's mother's day and I'm being released... Im glad he's doing great. :) It was quite a ride.

See less See more
#13 ·
So thankful that he is ok! I am glad you were able to insist on them giving him to you-best thing in the world for a baby is to be with mom! You would think hospitals would know this *slap hand to head* geez!!

Really hoping you didn't do any pelvic floor damage and that you have a quick recovery!!

Congratulations!!!

#14 ·
I'm sorry to hear he coded after the interventions and that you didn't get the birth you wanted. :( The good part is that it isn't uncommon for that to happen following pit and an epi, which also means there's nothing wrong with him or your body. :) I'm also happy you said no to the NICU and showed them he was just fine!! Good for you!

#15 ·
Big hugs, Jyn!!
partytime.gif
Congratulations on your sweet little Justus
partytime.gif
& making it home safe on Mother's Day (assuming they didn't keep you) and getting through a rough delivery with such strength! Way to throw down and get him in your arms where he belongs!

#18 ·
He was born on the 6th :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstress View Post

congrats to you mama. glad you and your little guy are doing well.

just to confirm (so i can add it to the list of birth announcements), did you have him on the 8th?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.