Miss Elliot Marie has arrived! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 05-09-2011, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

baby Elliot Marie was born at 6:53 pm, May 8th after 7 hours of labor. She's 7lb 12oz and 22 inches long!  Friday after I had my acupuncture treatment, chirpractic and had my midwife strip my membranes, I went home and used the breast pump for 30 minutes, then walked for an hour, repeated once but by that point I was so worn out, I had to stop for the night. Contractions kept on coming all evening, and I thought this was it, just long and drawn out, but they stopped as soon as I got in the bathtub and had a glass of wine. I knew this wasn't the time yet. I slept about 7 hours that night and my mom and sister spent the night just in case something happened(they're my "doulas"). After an uneventful night, my mom and sister took me out to some outdoor shopping, with my son while DH worked on stuff at the house. I was pretty bummed at this point, so my mom suggested that I get checked to see if I had progressed at all. We drove to the birth center and met the midwife. She checked me and I was still only at almost 4 cm. She gave me the option of getting a shot to help me get a good sleep in and try again in the morning, or she could strip my membranes again. I opted for the shot, and slept about 4 hours when I got home, then went back to bed and slept another 10. I woke up Sunday morning with a decision to make. I could wait, or I could get this party started again. I decided to let her strip my membranes, do the walking/breastpump thing for the day to see if we could get labor going again since I was so well rested. Went in at 12:30, she stripped my membranes, and I went home, used the pump, walked, came back and used the pump again, started feeling nauseus, and lightheaded, so stopped. At this point, the contractions were 1 1/2-2 minutes apart, so we decided to head back to the birth center at around 3:30. She checked me and I was almost at 5, so I went for a walk, and squatted at each contraction(midwife told me this would make them more intense, but it would go quicker), and headed back to the birth center to play a game, ate some ice cream, grapes and potato chips, then went back out and walked again. The contractions got more intense at this point, but still weren't that strong or lasting that long. She checked me again and I was only 6 cm, progressing but slowly. This was at 6pm. The midwife suggested I either go back home and try and get some sleep again, or that I would for sure have the baby tonight if I let her break my water. I opted for her to break my water. So, she broke my water and I immediately got in the bath tub. I went from 6cm to 7cm in about 15 minutes, and kinda started getting that panicky transitiony feeling, asked for Nubain, which I wish I didn't even need because it really never kicked in before she was born. I went from 7 to 10 cm in about 20 minutes, I felt like I had to push, so the midwife came in and asked me to adjust my position so I could use one side of the tub to brace my feet to push, and I started pushing. This was so fast and intense, I was way louder this time than I was with Ethan. 2 pushed to get the head out and 4 more to push the rest of her out! No tearing, and I had a happy healthy baby girl laying on my chest in a few minutes! Hubby got in the water with my while I was contracting and stayed in there for the birth. Totally wasn't planning a waterbirth, but that's what happened. I wouldn't have had time to get out of the tub anyway! I was so glad to have gotten a good nights sleep because with my son I was so incredibly fatigued after 43 hours of labor, that they had a hard time stopping my bleeding. No tearing, no stiches, it was so awesome! Intense, but awesome. She was up until about 2 am, nursing or pooping, and slept for 6 hours straight last night. Luckily I was nice and awake from my 14 hour sleep spell the day before! Will post pics soon!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#2 of 17 Old 05-09-2011, 02:53 PM

That's a beautiful story. Welcome, Miss Elliot Marie!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#3 of 17 Old 05-09-2011, 03:21 PM

Congrats!!! Welcome baby Elliot!

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#4 of 17 Old 05-09-2011, 03:50 PM

What an awesome birth! Congratulations!

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#5 of 17 Old 05-09-2011, 03:51 PM

Congratulations!  Welcome Baby Elliot!

#6 of 17 Old 05-09-2011, 05:34 PM

Great birth story - you sure did move fast once you approached transition! Congrats smile.gif

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#7 of 17 Old 05-09-2011, 05:56 PM

congrats!  what a beautiful story and what a wonderful mother's day gift!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#8 of 17 Old 05-09-2011, 06:55 PM

Congratulations!!!

#9 of 17 Old 05-10-2011, 05:32 PM

congrats!

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#10 of 17 Old 05-10-2011, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Miss Elliot Marie

ellie marie.bmpsleeping.jpg

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#11 of 17 Old 05-10-2011, 05:49 PM

Congratulations! Sounds like a beautiful birth! My baby was born the same day and I had planned a waterbirth but that didn't happen. Isn't it strange how things can change in labor?

Adriana, mommy to Klarity 9/06 and Grayam 6/08 and Zephyr homebirth.jpgMay 8, 2011
#12 of 17 Old 05-10-2011, 06:38 PM

Welcome to your little miss!! Enjoy your babymoon with her :D

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#13 of 17 Old 05-10-2011, 07:06 PM

What a sweetie! Congratulations!

#14 of 17 Old 05-10-2011, 07:53 PM

Congratulations!  What a sweet, beautiful little girl!  Such a great birth!  Slow to start, but quick to be done...I like that!

#15 of 17 Old 05-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Congrats!! My first labour was a lot like yours: lots of pushing my body to go further and fast into labour, and my body resisting hard! I hope you get lots more rest and special time. Enjoy your babymoon!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#16 of 17 Old 05-11-2011, 04:34 PM

Congrats!  She's beautiful!

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#17 of 17 Old 05-11-2011, 06:14 PM

Congratulations! Welcome Little Elliot! She's is just darling! And you look wonderful! Great birth story - you were so well supported! :)

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page