The. Fabulous. May. Chat. Thread. Week 3. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

last week: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1311794/the-fabulous-may-chat-thread-week-2

i've calmed down since my last post...

(a bit) (Click to show)

turns out it was just my mom who told my friend to message me privately because i didn't want it all over facebook. and i guess her kids were acting up at the store and she must have heard wrong. still...i'd really like my mom to NOT be telling people anything about my cervix but whatever. i'm just going to stop telling her any progress or anything i'm making...i'm getting too frustrated.

speaking of frustrated, i am seriously angry. i was woken up an hour ago by derek's drunk friend calling to hang out with him...we were both sound asleep and had only been sleeping for like 15 minutes. there is pretty much nothing in the world i hate more than being woken up after being asleep for only 10-20 minutes. it drives me CRAZY and i find it nearly impossible to fall back asleep. and he wouldn't shut up and finally i was like DEREK. SERIOUSLY. LET'S GO TO BED. ughhhhh. i think derek fell back asleep (he moved downstairs) but i am wide awake. score.

*sigh*

anyways.

i am feeling better physically today, i was SUPER crampy until about dinner time but then the baby did a massive drop and i haven't felt crampy at all since. i'm thankful because it was really starting to wear me out...i wasn't sure how much more of constant cramping/contractions (irregular) i could take. still losing mucous plug and having bloody show at times but whatever. the baby dropped sooooo much...i got out of the shower and asked derek if he thought she did and he said he was actually going to bring it up earlier when i was driving because my belly looked so different but we got talking. 

haye is adamantly confident that the baby is coming in 7 days, so we'll see. that would put us at the 20th which would still be a week early. then again he was convinced that she would come at 6 to 7:00 at night on the 14th too...who knows. i'm just going to stop wondering and worrying and continue to slowly get ready and rest. and drink more water. i've been pretty bad about staying SUPER hydrated all the time. well, i guess that's not true. i'm just not drinking tons of water...lots of milk and juice etc so i guess that all counts for fluid intake, technically. 

i love my church but emotionally i am a ticking time bomb and get furious very easily these days over comments...i almost want to skip church sunday so i don't have to keep my emotions in check the whole time. then again i know that they all mean well (our church is mostly senior citizens) and they are planning a shower for us for next sunday, so i should probably check in with them. we skipped church last sunday because we were all exhausted.

first contraction in hours just started. ouch.

i hope you're all doing well. 

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#2 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 07:09 AM

Rylee,

You're handling it well with you mom. Moms/grandmas just can't help but tell everyone these things - at least in my experience. They get excited I think. So, if you don't want anyone to know, you have the right idea with not saying anything to her.

Been having my first somewhat painful contractions. Kinda wondering if it is the start of something, but attempting to not get my hopes too high. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#3 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 07:58 AM

Rylee, I totally feel you. I stopped telling my mom any progress I made because she would dismiss it. Her last comment was, "You'll know when you need to go to the hospital because you won't be able to stand during contractions." Um, tell that to women who give birth standing up. Or how about the Israelite women in Exodus?? I love that verse that talks about them giving birth while working in the field, then continuing with their work! Also feeling you about the church thing. I nearly lost it Wed night when people kept saying, "You're still here!" Um, yeah, I haven't decided to change churches so yeah I'm still here. Totally dreading tomorrow.

Feeling pretty good today. My feet are getting really swollen when I sit down too long. DH rubbed them during the (sniff) series finale of Smallville last night. bawling.gif We're planning a lazy family day at home today. Just us and our two kids. No sister (while she's been a huge help, the past 2 days she's been quite moody), might go get some more yarn for dryer balls, but other than that just sitting here enjoying our babies. Tomorrow after church we're sending them to my mom's house so we can go see Thor. I talked her into keeping them Sunday-Tuesday morning so we could have some last minute couple time. I've felt quite needy of time with DH lately. I will also enjoy the quiet time to myself on Monday, which I will be spending doing a massive decluttering of the kids' toys. Had a breakdown the other day because of the massiveness of their toys.

Happy Saturday, ladies! hug2.gif and goodvibes.gifto those who need them!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#4 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 09:36 AM

I chased two four year olds around the woods all morning. Now the baby feels like it's alternating trying to escape through either my cervix or abdomen. I am fading...need nap stat.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#5 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

I chased two four year olds around the woods all morning. Now the baby feels like it's alternating trying to escape through either my cervix or abdomen. I am fading...need nap stat.

Wow, you are a brave mama smile.gif
Hope you can get a nap in.

My body hurts today... Mostly my hips and low back. I'm thinking maybe I did too much yesterday which isn't good as i have quite a bit to get done today before i pick up my mom from the airport tonight. Ugh. Days like today I wish my Dh worked a more normal schedule but oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#6 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 12:08 PM

Hang in there Rye, I know the world is hell bent on irritating all pregnant ladies right now but you can do it. When people get super annoying I just focus inwards on the baby and ignore them. It's like I have my own little world of peace and everyone else can go shove off and live somewhere else. 2whistle.gif Ok so that might sound a little weird but I hope it makes sense.

Becca- I though you said Yams for dryer balls and was SOOO confused. I should wear my reading glasses when reading this font. Sound like you have an awesome weekend planned, enjoy it.

Evergreen- You have some serious energy, I would say nap time is totally in order smile.gif

L&K'smommie - hang in there. I hope you can get some rest in there somewhere. 

AFM- I think everything has kinda petered out that was going on. (There was a period of time yesterday where I thought maybe my water has broken). Contractions seem to have stopped, but the baby is now WAYYY lower. I can breathe and eat and the heartburn is much better but now the baby is seriously pressing on my bladder and pelvis. So I think I had a day and a half of baby scooching downwards. We're going to clean the house today and maybe go see Thor. Maybe I'll finish this paper that is driving me bonkers orngtongue.gif

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#7 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

ugh i feel shitty again today. i go from being super achey menstrual like to having pain only on one side to having irregular contractions...but i'm CONSTANTLY sore and in pain this morning. poor derek...he's trying to set up the birth pool...i finally just got in bed. duck.gifi think that i was more annoying laying on the couch moaning. haha. our pump isn't working and the hand pump is taking too long and he's moved onto the blowdryer...oh man. we WERE planning on taking the pool down afterwards but screw that, it can just stay up for a couple weeks if it needs to. oh please god, don't let me go another couple of weeks. 

anyways. thanks everyone, i hope you're all doing good. i can definitely tell we are at the end!!!

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#8 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 12:45 PM

Yes. I did get a good nap in, thanks, guys. I also forgot to share- I'm GBS negative!

Rye- I feel for you. I wish there was something I could do to help.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#9 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Yes. I did get a good nap in, thanks, guys. I also forgot to share- I'm GBS negative!

Rye- I feel for you. I wish there was something I could do to help.

hug2.gif

man i am so whiny!!!

i just feel horrible :( 

#10 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 04:30 PM

Hugs, naps, foot rubs and fast easy labor vibes to every last one of you! :)

We got everything ("we"... bwaha... I fell asleep in the rocking chair) moved into the house (primarily out of our storage unit) except for what we have at the apartment near the birth center today. And I realized that it is going to take FOREVER to get through it all.... I guess in my head we were going to have things neatly put away by the time the baby got here. Uhhhh. Yeeeeah. Not so much. Though dh says he'll do it all, I just have to sit and point, I really wonder about that. :) The poor man is sacked OUT right now. It still felt good to just be sitting in what will quickly be totally and legally 'our' house. What a relief! The kids are watching old cartoons (The Littles and Fat Albert) on netflix and I should be napping ... but I can't. Partly because I did already I'm sure, and partly because I seem to be allotted 5-6 hours of sleep daily due to my hips. If I use some of that now, I won't have enough to make it through the night without having to sleep sitting up and that doesn't appeal.

I had a lot of contractions this morning, but then they slowed down after one quart of water and one quart of gatorade - guess I didn't drink enough last night. The realtor we're working with gave us a changing table today, so that was happy. My new Moby is in the dryer and I think I now have everything ready to go that I needed to check off in my brain to feel like the baby could arrive and we'd be "prepared". My midwife will be home from her vacation a week from tomorrow - I just can't imagine lasting a whole week. Guess we'll see!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#11 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 04:51 PM

I got all of the diapers washed and ready to go today!

Possibly having BHs. I can't tell. Isn't that crazy considering I've done this before.

#12 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 05:23 PM

I'm in labor! Woohoo and ouchy!!! biggrinbounce.gif

Been in labor for a few hours now. Was kinda in labor since the morning but those contractions were so not terrible that I barely can count them. LOL

I think she'll be here in the early morning if I compare how I feel to how I felt with my last natural labor. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

#13 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 06:15 PM

We're all getting closer....  love.gif

Dayiscoming:  How exciting!!!!  Wishing you a quick and peaceful birth!

Rylee:  I'm sorry you are feeling so uncomfortable!  And the whole Facebook thing would have ticked me off, too.  I deleted my account a while ago and I will be pissed if people post anything about the baby arriving on there.  Not your baby, not your information to share.  If anyone calls me to say they saw something on fb, it won't be pretty.  I actually wish we could keep the baby's arrival a secret for at least a few days and just enjoy him/her quietly and peacefully within our little family before the craziness begins.  Both DH and I come from very large families and we recently moved closer (after having lots of distance/space for the past six years) and I'm freaking out a little about the lack of personal space we'll have when this little one arrives.

Lizzie:  Moving is so much work!!!  We moved over a month ago and still have a few things to do here.  It's been a loooooong, frustrating process - mostly because DH would be at work and I couldn't lift and move things like I normally would.  And the lack of energy to do it all...  ugh.  I hope you're able to get it all done before baby arrives!

Becca:  I would love to have a couple of days with just DH and I.  I can't remember the last time we had that kind of time together - just the two of us.  I hope you enjoy every minute of it!

Evergreen:  I've been having BHs and lots of pain and pressure in my pelvic area and thighs today.  I keep thinking, "Is this it?!"  You'd think I hadn't done this whole labor thing twice before.  lol!

I had a strange day...  couldn't sleep last night, just tossed and turned and finally gave up at about 4 a.m.  My in-laws came into town and we all hung out and went out to lunch, which was nice except for the fact that I was soooo uncomfortable.  DH said you could see it all over my face.  I let him know I needed to get home so we all came back here.  I ended up throwing up and taking a nice nap and am feeling much better.  Still getting BHs and pain radiating down my thighs.  Baby definitely feels lower.  Every time I go to the bathroom I hope to find my mucous plug or bloody show to indicate that something, ANYTHING, is really happening.  I'm so ready to meet this baby.

#14 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 09:16 PM

Daisy: Can't wait for an update!

Rylee: My mom sounds a lot like yours! However, she has calmed down A LOT in the last few years...A LOT.

I have figured out that riding in the car seems to irritate my uterus very much (too bad the midwife is located over an hour away!) and my office chair at the computer is definately causing my feet to swell.  I did purchase all of the ingredients for batch cooking and so far I've made 2 lentil and rice casseroles, dumplings for two dinners, and meatballs for 4 meals.  Planning to really get started tomorrow with a goal of 30 entrée's frozen by the time I'm done (probably not by tomorrow evening) even if we repeat a couple of times.  We also blew up the pool today.  Still don't have a carseat installed or diapers washed.

I predict that in a week, we will finally be able to go to sleep without saying "I hope tonight isn't THE night".  I'm 38 weeks today! lol.gif  DD needs him to wait until after her soccer tournament  next weekend so she and I have pencilled him in for May 26th though I'm starting to think it will be the middle of June.

#15 of 95 Old 05-14-2011, 09:43 PM

Blessings on all the mamas in labor or close to labor and who want to be in labor!

I was reading about expressing & storing colostrum in case baby needs it and I've tried a few times. But no luck. I never did this with prior pregnancies. Should I be able to and why might there not be anything coming? Has anyone else done this?

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#16 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

Blessings on all the mamas in labor or close to labor and who want to be in labor!

I was reading about expressing & storing colostrum in case baby needs it and I've tried a few times. But no luck. I never did this with prior pregnancies. Should I be able to and why might there not be anything coming? Has anyone else done this?

I have never heard of this nor done this. You should make plenty once baby is here.

Afm: my mom is here so baby is free to come.

Anyone else starting to freak out about labor again? I'm starting to get a little unnerved about going thru it again. The warm up contractions have been painful this time around and they seem to remind me everytime of what i still have to go thu to have this baby. You'd think after three babies I wouldn't feel this way...but I'm a little scared.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#17 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 02:21 AM

Yes, I am so ready to have this baby. I can't take this lack of sleep anymore. If I could just have one good nights sleep before I really labor that would be so nice!

It's 2:00 a.m. and here am I...trying to get so exhausted that I don't feel my legs hurting.

just venting...sorry to make you all listen to me.

#18 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post

Anyone else starting to freak out about labor again? I'm starting to get a little unnerved about going thru it again. The warm up contractions have been painful this time around and they seem to remind me everytime of what i still have to go thu to have this baby. You'd think after three babies I wouldn't feel this way...but I'm a little scared.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to when things get to be impossible to breath through and make me feel like I could jump out of my body if I had a choice.

I've been in labor since yesterday as written before. 

It totally sucks but I'm not horribly surprised. My first took 73 hours. I just hope this little one doesn't try to beat that record. She already beat my DS2 - who took close to 13 hours. I do strongly suspect today is the day though based on pain level during contractions. 

#19 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 06:40 AM

I think I've made it pretty well known that I am scared to death of labor and have been ever since I got the positive test. After 2 planned home births up until last month I was planning a hospital birth with an epidural and I still haven't ruled out that possibility. I've been so uncomfortable this week, though, that I am starting to actually hope for it. I am also experiencing weird cervical and uterus sensations (possibly BHs) that remind me of contractions. So, it will happen and I'll think, "Hey! THat wasn't so bad. Maybe I can do this again after all!"

#20 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 07:31 AM

How did the time go by this quickly???

I've got our birth kit ready, everything sterilized, and we're having our Big Brother party for the big brothers to be today!

Now, I just need to get my house to clean itself.  Bending over to pick stuff off the floor, or trying to do dishes with this giant belly and these short little arms (I feel like a t-rex) is not really happening these days.

#21 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 08:17 AM

Day! Woohoo! Hoping for you that she's broken all your records she intends to break!

BHappy, I haven't heard of expressing colostrum in advance either. I actually had a nightmare REALLY early in this pg where I had my little dude but had somehow forgotten to nurse him for 3 days post partum - he was just fine, but I was flipping out about his little intestines not getting the colostrum! Lol... so grateful he was still in my belly when I woke up. BUT... I couldn't express diddly at this point! I'm always amazed to hear that some mamas have colostrum and or milk before the baby arrives - I never have, not even a little bit!

L&K & Evergreen, for all my talk with how "easy" labor was with my son, the back labor with my dd still has me freaked out - I will occasionally have twinges that give me flashbacks to that and I was sort of surprised at how nervous they made me. I keep telling myself that having a tub will be the key to helping me cope if things go that way. I hope I'm right!! I was also really blessed to have relatively quick labors - I have NO idea how so many of you (Day!!) have made it through long labors, with or without pain meds!! I really don't think I could've gone much longer with my dd.

Gwendolyn, I hope you were able to get some rest and relief from your legs driving you crazy! Vent all you want! :)

Mija y Mijo, Thanks for the well wishing with the move - I'm trying to dissuade dh from taking on a fairly major remodeling project for a couple of months even as I type. The man is a maniac when I least expect it or have the patience for it! lol.gif

Can I just say how comforting it is to hear other mothers of two wondering what on earth our bodies are doing as well? Lol... it just seems like we'd know by now, doesn't it? But with everyone telling me (us?) constantly that third babies are the 'wildcard births' it's hard for me to take anything that feels 'normal' seriously, yk? The number of contractions - that I'm sure are BHs - that I have to stop and think about & occasionally breathe through, stop walking or find something to support me through, increase every day, so that's encouraging but they don't follow any kind of pattern or keep me awake. Really, based on past experience I think I've had all the bloody show I'm going to have. When my mom had me (I'm her third) her water broke first and then she had the shortest, fastest labor of any of us, which for me would be so different than both of my current two who lasted the same 7.25 hours, with my water not breaking until seconds before they crowned (that *pop* made me laugh! nice champagne cork effect!) and the idea of laboring without the cushion of the bag of waters kind of freaks me out! I was somewhat reassured to read that some of you really didn't feel like there was much difference either way!

Day, it's been around 3 hours (I think) since your last post! Thinking of you!! goodvibes.gif

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#22 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prothyraia View Post

Bending over to pick stuff off the floor, or trying to do dishes with this giant belly and these short little arms (I feel like a t-rex) is not really happening these days.

ROTFLMAO.gif I am so going to start roaring and flailing every time I can't reach something. You just made my day.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#23 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie View Post

Day! Woohoo! Hoping for you that she's broken all your records she intends to break!

Day, it's been around 3 hours (I think) since your last post! Thinking of you!! goodvibes.gif

My labor stalled at a little after that last post. I am hoping things pick up again soon. My friend's midwife said it's pretty common but I've never had a labor stall on me before. Guess baby just wants to be very different. And yep, I'm certain it was labor. The contractions kept me awake part of the night. I managed to conk out a couple times and got maybe 4 hours of sleep.

#24 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 12:32 PM

Day hope things pick back up!

Everyone who wants to be in labor hope things pick up! (including me)

Afm I'm not even going to update this thread except to say I'm still waiting. ElvS all around
dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#25 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 01:53 PM

I am having my hubby blow up the birth pool...so I can float and get pressure off of these legs. Laying down doesn't seem to help me. I might have to exercise today (it actually helps a bit get the blood flowing and warm.

#26 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post

My labor stalled at a little after that last post. I am hoping things pick up again soon. My friend's midwife said it's pretty common but I've never had a labor stall on me before. Guess baby just wants to be very different. And yep, I'm certain it was labor. The contractions kept me awake part of the night. I managed to conk out a couple times and got maybe 4 hours of sleep.

Maybe it's giving you a chance to get some more sleep before you have your baby!

#27 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 03:12 PM

Daisycomig- I hope your labor picks back up again.

Gwendolyn- enjoy relaxing in the pool.  I thought of renting one but my last two labors were pretty fast.  Watch this one be super long and I'll wish I had the birth pool.

Lizzie- I am right with you with the start/stop spurts of this birth.  Sort of maddening.  With DD1 and DD2, labor was sort of sudden and intense.  I've just had all these puttery days with this baby.  I just want to get things going.  41 weeks today...

AFM- it's a waiting game still and today is so grey and rainy that I feel like I am in a total funk.  Baby hasn't moved a whole lot today so that is always worrisome- but then I haven't stopped a whole lot either.  He/She usually is quite hyper after supper so we'll see.  I want to try some natural induction type of things other than DTD but I'm just too tired to deal with castor oil.  I have a midwife appt Tues night and if baby still hasn't arrived I will beg for a membrane sweep.  My midwife doesn't take much stock in it but I know for certain it put me into labor when DD1 was nearly 9 days late.

#28 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:

Maybe it's giving you a chance to get some more sleep before you have your baby!

If so, I hope it picks up soon cuz I just took a 3 hour nap. :) I'm just ready to be done now. But, I know I can't make anything happen, so, I'm trying to be patient and relax. Really kinda depressing to go through all that labor and then nothing. Hope the next time it picks up, things go faster. Not sure whether to tell hubby to go to work tomorrow or not. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens until then.

#29 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 04:23 PM

Good luck!!

#30 of 95 Old 05-15-2011, 05:31 PM

baby definitely dropped today!  it's weird feeling all that belly in my lap every time i sit down :)  no signs of labor though... i'm not even feeling any noticeable BH's.  i'm OK with the baby waiting until next week.  the 24th is the date i have picked out in my mind... we'll see if she agrees.  

i hope labor picks up again for you soon dayiscoming!  

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page