The. Fabulous. May. Chat. Thread. Week. FOUR. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 95 Old 05-25-2011, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Woof. I feel much much better. I was stressing about my mom being here on Friday (She's been freaking on the phone every time I have a contraction and yeah... not cool). I just had a long talk with her about how we are NOT just sitting around waiting for the baby and we are going to go do stuff. She hasn't been in SF since she was 5, so I'm going to show them around the city a bit. We also talked about how if she is freaking out about me having contractions she has to leave the room, the fact that my dad will NOT be coming to the birth center and that she might not either if she is freaking too bad. She was the one that said that I have the right to tell her not to come (which I knew, but her volunteering it is more powerful than me saying it, kwim?). So the last stress is gone. They get here Friday so I am still  hoping the baby gets here first. 

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#62 of 95 Old 05-25-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post

Woof. I feel much much better. I was stressing about my mom being here on Friday (She's been freaking on the phone every time I have a contraction and yeah... not cool). I just had a long talk with her about how we are NOT just sitting around waiting for the baby and we are going to go do stuff. She hasn't been in SF since she was 5, so I'm going to show them around the city a bit. We also talked about how if she is freaking out about me having contractions she has to leave the room, the fact that my dad will NOT be coming to the birth center and that she might not either if she is freaking too bad. She was the one that said that I have the right to tell her not to come (which I knew, but her volunteering it is more powerful than me saying it, kwim?). So the last stress is gone. They get here Friday so I am still  hoping the baby gets here first. 

I totally understand! Hope all goes well!

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#63 of 95 Old 05-25-2011, 01:30 PM

I had my appointment this morning.  Midwife offered to sweep my membranes when I told her I was "done" but I declined. As much as I'm not enjoying this, I really want the baby to come when he's ready.    Baby is definately head down today. Thank goodness! 

#64 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 03:36 AM

so labor started for me on my due date, tuesday night, started to have ctx but super far apart and irregular. Was able to sleep, at least. Figured I had a *while* to go given my marathon labor last time, called into work 'sick' and stayed home, etc. Figured I'd give birth *hopefully* thursday but was even expecting Friday. But surprisingly, had a baby girl (no name yet) last evening, 6:57pm. literally 30min after we arrived at the hospital! I guess we erred on the side of 'not going in too soon' (given going in a 2cm w/ Z, after 24 hours of labor at home!) and even though ctx were getting pretty overwhelming, I still was expecting him to say '4cm' after my check! (granted, this was the doc that was there for most of my labor last time, so I heard him say '4cm' a LOT smile.gif ) I was also worried since I *did* start puking at like 1pm. And the zofran didn't work, since I puked again after taking it - a few hours later at 4pm. And puked just popsicle! so I was worried about having to go in 'too early' again, etc.

but instead he said, 'rim ! get me a table!' and I was so expecting a number that I said 'what does that mean?! rim?!' since I was breathing through the ctx and trying not to push. So they told me I could, 3 pushes and she was out! So much faster this time. And yay, no tearing again! I'm always worried about that since i'm allergic to dissolvable stitches.

she's nursing super well, even better than Z was this early since I had a bit of trouble w/ his latch the first few days. Pretty shocked she was a girl (this pregnancy, was EXACTLY the same as it was w/ Z, so I think I just kept expecting to see Z again smile.gif although, I sort of am, since they look a lot a like! (as newborns at least)

when she has a name (hopefully today sometime) Ill write more of it out I guess smile.gif its a nice SHORTER story this time smile.gif

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#65 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 05:28 AM

Congratulations, seafox!!!

That is exciting :)

Give me good placenta vibes for today's appointment!!!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#66 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

congrats, seafox! 

good luck, em!!!

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#67 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 06:47 AM

Congratulations Seafox! Sounds like a wonderful birth! 

Good placenta vibes to you Evergreen, knowing all is in perfect working order!

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#68 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 06:54 AM

congrats, seafox!  i'm so happy you didn't have another marathon labor :)  enjoy your baby girl!!!

good luck evergreen!

AFM - due date is tomorrow and it's supposed to be 90 degrees today!!!  i am very ready for baby to make her appearance!

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#69 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 07:58 AM

Seafox- congratulations on a speedy delivery and the birth of a little girl!  How exciting!

Evergreen- I'm rooting for you to have an "all clear" result on your u/s today.

Ryleeee- I can't get over the little chubby cheeks of your baby in your pic.  How cute is that!

AFM- enjoying not being pregnant but not enjoying my typical oversupply in the breastfeeding realm.  It's a week since Arya was born and my left breast is not so engorged but the right breast is still having major engorgement issues.  I've never tried cabbage leaves but I just may.  I have a very forcefull let down on the right side and that only compounds the issue because Arya doesn't enjoy nursing so much on that side and then doesn't drain that side and so the engorgement issue continues.   I already pull him off when the initial let down happens and let it go into a burp cloth and nurse in a reclined position, plus a few more things but I may call upon a lactation consultant soon as I don't want to end up with mastitis or plugged ducts. I pump a little when it gets super uncomfortable but try not to pump too much and over-trigger my supply.

#70 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 08:03 AM

Congratulations, L&K'smommie!! Welcome Baby Beckham! Can't wait for details!

Elonwy, I know what you mean - Mom is totally not being a pain in the butt and it's just such a relief. I had really wanted the baby here first too! My son doesn't want to go to the birth center if he has to wake up to do it, and she has no problem with staying home with him if that's where he's at when it happens. It's nice to know the kids will have some support - they were going to have to more or less just drift around the birth center (which is something both the kids and my mw were very comfortable with - they've spent quite a bit of time there since we started seeing her) and read/draw/watch a movie. I know they would've been on my mind though. It's always so nice when our parents decided to behave! LOL - and my dad stayed home. Which at this stage is really where he belongs!

Camprunner, I hope that baby stays put! :)

Seafox! Congratulations! Welcome Baby Girl! Can't wait to read your SHORT story and hear who she is! :)

Evergreen, Happy Placenta Vibes!! goodvibes.gif

PAgreen, we have the 90 degrees here today too... argh! Sat is my edd...

Becca, I hope things are going well for you!

AFM - Still just sorting through stuff and trying to get more comfortable at home. We're officially out of the apartment in my mw's basement - but despite telling her via email (since she was in Europe) that we would be out by today a week ago, I haven't heard from her at all since that email or since she got home.... just seems weird to me. So I'm relieved to be done with that apartment and totally in our home - if not unpacked, but now wondering if she's bent about something to do with that? Idk - whatever, I did just as she asked. She may just be crazy busy since getting back too. I have an appt with the supervising doc this afternoon, and I really like him - he and his wife used to be naturopaths that specialized in homebirth! and now he's a DO - so that will be my second appt they more or less require - that I can't believe I'm still pg for! I've had one evening and one morning this week when I thought things were about to "get real" but neither amounted to much. I don't remember having such powerful-feeling contractions before real labor before so I'm hoping it's making some progress for me - BUT - I need an hour to work with to get to the birth center! LOL - if I think I can't make it there, I am NOT getting in the car. Of course... how will I know? I feel like I haven't known anything for the past month. :)

With the quantity of random little creatures in this area and trying to live under our house, we were thinking about getting a couple of cats. Inside cats, I can't stand having my cats roaming around, I worry about them too much, but if they're in here, they'll keep other things from showing up! Then we heard about a shelter in the next town giving away kittens and cats with shots, spayed or neutered, microchips and the works, all free, they're just full and need to find homes for them so I think we'll make a trip up there in the next couple of days. I can't wait to have a fur-bearing baby around again! :)

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#71 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

my milk came in tuesday night and i am right there with you on the engorgement issues...holy cow. 

i sent derek out for a cabbage like right away though...my boobs are pretty tingly but zao has been sleeping for the past 5 hours so that would make sense. i'm making sure to really let her finish one boob before starting the next. ughhh mastitis and plugged ducts...the worst pain in the world...trying hard to avoid both!

and yes, she has the chubbiest cheeks!!

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#72 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 12:19 PM

The placenta vibes worked!! It looks exactly like it did a month ago which means no further deterioration so what was alarming at 36 weeks is pretty par for the course at 40!!!  I asked if she could go ahead and check the fluid while she was in there with the u/s machine and it was hard to find a good pocket between my anterior placenta on the left side and the baby who always stays smused up to the surface on the other side but it looks like it's pretty normal.

Annnd another way we know that the placenta is still working- the baby has been gaining weight! Definitely over 6 lbs now even though I know u/s is not always an accurate weight predictor I'm pretty confident that these measurements we got today were right on.

So, the good news is I am not being induced. The bad news is I still have to be pregnant for a while! lol  I can handle that, though!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#73 of 95 Old 05-26-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

The placenta vibes worked!! It looks exactly like it did a month ago which means no further deterioration so what was alarming at 36 weeks is pretty par for the course at 40!!!  I asked if she could go ahead and check the fluid while she was in there with the u/s machine and it was hard to find a good pocket between my anterior placenta on the left side and the baby who always stays smused up to the surface on the other side but it looks like it's pretty normal.

Annnd another way we know that the placenta is still working- the baby has been gaining weight! Definitely over 6 lbs now even though I know u/s is not always an accurate weight predictor I'm pretty confident that these measurements we got today were right on.

So, the good news is I am not being induced. The bad news is I still have to be pregnant for a while! lol  I can handle that, though!

Congratulations! So glad everything is perfect! 

#74 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

great!! hopefully its not too much longer even without being induced! smile.gif

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#75 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 06:47 AM

Evergreen, that's awesome! What a relief for you, and now hopefully you're little one will be ready sooner rather than later, if they've been getting all they need all along!

Karen and Ryleeee, I hope you guys can stay ahead of the issues with engorgement. I can't tell you how weird it is to think I'll be breastfeeding a baby in the next couple of weeks... weird in a good way of course!

My appt went great and I did see my mw and as per usual, any issues were all in my head. She was thrilled to see us and to know I am still pregnant. :) Took pictures of my enormous belly. :D And wants directions to the house in case things happen so fast I don't think I can make the 45 min drive - I told her no way was I getting in the car if I didn't think I could make it, but we're still not planning for the baby to be born here. The doc always measures me bigger than she does - he thought I measured 43 weeks, but when my mw measures me I'm always exactly right for the dates. So subjective! And I thought I had gained more than I have, just a couple pounds difference, but I guess it's good that I'm not packing it on with too much enthusiasm at this stage. Lord knows I'm still eating. :)

Last night I had 2-3 hours of fairly steady and strong contractions, 3-5 min apart and lasting about 1.5 min, but while I was keeping track of it, I just didn't feel or believe it was the real thing, and apparently I was right. Just enough for me to need to think about and breathe through a little, but still reasonably easy to handle. Like my body was just doing some warm-up while we were hanging out and watching movies and such, but when I was ready to sleep, so was it, and I had no problem sleeping last night.

40 weeks today!

#76 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 07:10 AM

happy due date, lizzie!!!

Hopefully those contractions were good practice and the baby will come within the next day or two.

#77 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 09:26 AM

YAY Evergreen, so glad everything is going well.

Lizzie - I actually measured slightly smaller this week than I did last week. SO much depends on what the baby is doing when they measure. I've also been measured by two different people on the same day and they've gotten different results. I was at 42 last week and 41.5 this week and my due date is tomorrow. Nobody is worried.

My parents come in tonight. I have readjusted my head to them being here being an awesome thing, I was so sure I'd have a baby by the time they got here. Wish ful thinking I guess. I got some graduation money from my grandma (which is so funny thinking about since I'm in my 30's but you can always count on grandmas for that kind of thing) and I am going to go buy myself some cute & comfy lounge about the house post partum outfits. 

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#78 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 11:18 AM

rylee!!

She is gorgeous.. great pics :)

#79 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 11:20 AM

Thanks, Evergreen! It's surreal to me... both times before I was stressing about whether or not my dh would make it and he's pretty much been off work since Wed and definitely won't even have to think about going back until Tuesday, if not later. So he's here unpacking and thank heavens, cuz I'm sure not doing it! ;) I'm actually just hanging around, not much to worry about. Doing some laundry... realizing I should go ahead and pack for the birth center but still not doing it.. enjoying being spoiled by one and all!

Elonwy, that's totally what I had to do, just shift my brain to Mom being here as a good thing and relax about what I thought was going / needed to happen, and now it IS awesome that she's here, so I'll send you those happy vibes! :) Grandma's rock! Yeah, I don't think either the doc, as a former "midwife" himself is worried, or that my mw is worried, but I do think they think I'm having a much bigger baby than I think I'm having.... I'm just focusing on the size of the baby being what I imagine, around 8-8.5 pounds. If this baby IS huge - which I really doubt - I don't want to know until it's over! lol.gif  My midwife was taking pictures of my belly yesterday! Even she is taken aback at how big I am, but she says I'm an optical illusion, looking huge when I'm standing and more "average" when I lay down to be measured. I never feel anything like average though - I can't wait to just be holding this baby and, I'm hoping, a good twenty pounds lighter within the next couple of weeks, just for the sake of mobility!

#80 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 11:39 AM

Wow, what a crazy, crazy week it's been! Long story short after 19 hours of labor, Josiah Morgan Howell was born at 3:01 on Wednesday morning. He was giving us a little scare at first, not wanting to breathe regularly and running a fever, but he is perfect now and all the tests they ran are normal. We got home last night and I am loving having all of my babies with me!!

They always talk about the calm before the storm, but what was even more amazing to me was the hour spent after the room cleared out while DH was with him in the NICU that my (absolutely awesome, amazing) doula and I spent sitting on my bed just kind of decompressing and every now and then one of us saying, "I can't believe I (you) did it!" It was so surreal.

My milk is in, he loves it, and he is already sleeping well at night! I couldn't believe he got us up once to nurse last night between 11 and 6 (the time I went to bed and the time I had to wake him so we could get ready for the doctor's appointment this morning). He's snoozing in his daddy's arms right now.

My mom snapped this pic of him. I love it!

250937_1739192155825_1119281170_31409364_7851950_n.jpg

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#81 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie View Post

I never feel anything like average though - I can't wait to just be holding this baby and, I'm hoping, a good twenty pounds lighter within the next couple of weeks, just for the sake of mobility!

I hear that! Even though my belly seems small and the baby is definitely measuring smaller than average I've gained 40+ lbs and that is a lot to drag around when one isn't used to it.

#82 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

at my appt on the 11th they were slightly concerned because i was only measuring 36 weeks instead of 38...i knew she was big though and gaining weight!

#83 of 95 Old 05-27-2011, 08:57 PM

Becca!! Woohoo!!! Nicely done! And what a little doll!

Oh, just to be able to roll over in bed!!! :) I've gained just under sixty pounds,... I have a hard time believing that - I felt so much worse than this my first pg when I gained forty, but it's the rolling over, the getting up and down, right now just the walking. Really, it's like I'm walking around with a baby's head between my thighs, and well.. I guess I kinda am, so that would explain it. I've had so much soreness in my pelvis/pubic area, and it just seems to be from the pressure of the baby pushing down. It's worse after a round of contractions, calms down more if I stay up and moving.

Speaking of which, tomorrow I must do just that. I spent way too much time being still today, and *that's* certainly not going to get things going. I HAVE to pack for the birth center, and then maybe we'll try to go walking somewhere. We'll see how steamy it is and go from there I guess. I feel like there must be something subconsciously holding me back from really packing and mentally preparing and settling into the idea of having a baby in the next few days, but I really can't put a finger on what it could be. Hmmm.

#84 of 95 Old 05-28-2011, 12:22 AM

<yawn>

yes, i'm up. is anyone else?

i have had an evening of first ever indigestion.... and now a bad stomach ache. i can't lay down and sleep bc its too uncomfortable. so here i am sitting up and awake. also now that i notice it, i'm having mild contractions, too. its weird having the stomach ache and the contractions. they blend together... wondering if i'll be running to the toilet soon....ugh. is this the beginnings???

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#85 of 95 Old 05-28-2011, 01:24 AM

backache, stomache yep sounds like the early stages!

#86 of 95 Old 05-28-2011, 01:38 AM

well on Tuesday I went in to see the midwife because I hadn't felt the baby (it seemed all night). So after my chiro appointment I headed over there. (Thank goodness my inlaws were in town to watch the kids). She got the baby moving and his/her heartrate was good. So, I went home reassured.

I got to rest a lot this week and it has been so good for me! Last night (thursday...this little one spent another night very still) . Around 7:00 I got up, had some orange juice and tried to get the baby to move more. Though I got some movement I was concerned. So, I went in to see her again...(after eating a big lunch and trying again....I did get more movement but I needed to make sure).

THe MW was able to get the heartrate up 3 times lasting 30 seconds. Since I am overdue...and I tend to get big babies and with these "quiet spells" I decided to get a sweep. She barely, as she says,"aggravated me".:) (she also told me I was about 3cm dilated.

So the sweep was done at 2:30 in the afternoon and here I am at 1:30 or so in the morning and nada.

#87 of 95 Old 05-28-2011, 05:52 AM

Gwen, I hope things move along for you soon!

Afm, still having stomach cramps. I managed to sleep for a few hours. I just wish something would come out. It feels awful. Since I've been laying down the contractions slowed way down. With my first labor I was sick from both ends and I have to say I'd rather welcome that at the moment. Something's got to move. Ugh.

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#88 of 95 Old 05-28-2011, 01:05 PM

I'm still here as well. I made my very last trip to Walmart yesterday as it was very painful and I just can't do that anymore. Sent DH to one birthday party with the kids and debating on whether or not  I will go to the next with them when they arrive home to pick up their food.

#89 of 95 Old 05-28-2011, 01:29 PM

Today is my due date. I am also having a herpes outbreak, which means if I go into labor I could automatically risk into a C-Section. Awesome.

My mom is here, which is cool, but a bit stressful, which is not helping. She is helping but is kinda freaked out by the whole pregnancy thing (which is blowing my mind). I had her feel the baby moving and the baby kicked her HARD and she jumped back like a foot in the air and shrieked and knocked over a table with my computer on it nut.gif

Trying to be calm about this person tearing my house apart. *sigh*

#90 of 95 Old 05-28-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post

Today is my due date. I am also having a herpes outbreak, which means if I go into labor I could automatically risk into a C-Section. Awesome.

My mom is here, which is cool, but a bit stressful, which is not helping. She is helping but is kinda freaked out by the whole pregnancy thing (which is blowing my mind). I had her feel the baby moving and the baby kicked her HARD and she jumped back like a foot in the air and shrieked and knocked over a table with my computer on it nut.gif

Trying to be calm about this person tearing my house apart. *sigh*

Do you have any lysine? that should slow it down....and I know its strange but try apply cold compresses to the area. Try taking a disposable diaper, wettting it and then putting in your panties...that will sometimes slow it down. Stay away from cheese and chocolate.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page