The. Fabulous. May. Chat. Thread. Week. FOUR. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 95 Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

old thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1312904/the-fabulous-may-chat-thread-week-3/80#post_16457211

i am sooo emotional today. like UNBELIEVABLY. 

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#2 of 95 Old 05-21-2011, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was going to say "Ooh, maybe THAT is a sign!"... but sheesh, that's all you need to hear right now! hug2.gif

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#3 of 95 Old 05-21-2011, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

ugh i wish. 

#4 of 95 Old 05-21-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post

old thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1312904/the-fabulous-may-chat-thread-week-3/80#post_16457211

i am sooo emotional today. like UNBELIEVABLY.

I know the feeling. I'm right there with you.
I'm trying to relax and stop stressing over when this baby will come but it's much easier said than done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#5 of 95 Old 05-21-2011, 12:08 PM

Oh Rylee! I feel for you...hoping your LO decides to come really soon!

I am there also, but much less dilated than you! I am still almost 2cm, 50% effaced, cervix forward and very soft, with contractions everyday for a couple hours that fizzle out. It did help me to read the "Case against induction" here on mothering.com. It helped me to relax and realize that my little piece of fruit is not ready to fall from the tree and that when he is, he will come. It also helped me to see the effects of inducing before the baby is ready. My cousin was induced on her due date last week and her baby boy had problems latching on, had jaundice and had to be on a breathing machine for the first few hours of life. Even though he reached his due date, he just wasn't ready to come out. So I am trying to just be patient and let my little boy be. 

My DH and I had a date night last night, and we are spending a lot of quality time with our daughter and we are going to a birthday party tonight. I figured that if we can just stay busy it will take my mind off of everything and then one day...he will just come out! lol

Sending good labor vibes, relaxing thoughts and blessings to everyone!

Cerise

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#6 of 95 Old 05-21-2011, 02:15 PM

Oh, rye, I was hoping you'd be too busy with your new daughter to start this thread!

I walked and played for about 3 hours with my giant dog today and am having some of those tightnings that I can't tell whether or not they are contractions or not.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#7 of 95 Old 05-21-2011, 02:30 PM

Feeling tired. Had two good nights of sleep!! Last night wasn't one of them! ha! I had contratciton until three in themorning and then they stopped...ah well tomorrow is my son's first communion I really don't want to miss that, on the other hand........ Getting tired and just so ready! what will be will be.

#8 of 95 Old 05-21-2011, 03:17 PM

somehow i only manage once post a week in these weekly thread but i have been following!!  

i'm really surprised that you're still with us, ryleee!  it is hard not to stress about when baby comes :)  i'm not due until friday but for some reason i have tuesday in my mind so i know if she doesn't show up then i'm going to start getting frustrated.  and for some reason i'm being really picky this time around about when i want to deliver... NOT over memorial day weekend and definitely before the first weekend in june because my MIL and niece are going to show up then.  the only advantage i can think of to having the baby over a weekend is that i can tell my parents not to tell anybody else about it.  i don't know what it is about people in this town but they LOVE to visit in the hospital... i really don't get it... we'll only be there for 24-36 hours and i don't think that those first hours are an appropriate time to have family friends and co-workers showing up!  we didn't have this problem with dd because we lived half-way across the country from everyone.  

i'm feeling pretty good for 39 weeks... i feel really good as long as i get a good night sleep which for some reason i was getting for a while but not so much the past three nights... boo.  every evening is the same... baby moving sooo much i spend the whole evening on hands and knees.  it's really starting to feel like she's trying to escape :)   i'm having occasional cramping and tightening but no sign of mucus plug or bloody show so it will probably at least a few more days for me....

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#9 of 95 Old 05-21-2011, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

ugh i know. i can't believe i'm still here either! we went to the park for a playdate...wow. it's amazing to me HOW PAINFUL it is to move. like getting to the car, walking in the park, standing for longer than 10 minutes...sitting...i spent a lot of time rocking silently through mild contractions. blah. i wonder how long this can actually go on for. i think tomorrow i am going to take some tylenol after church so i can make it through our baby shower without scowling the entire time and maybe even be able to walk in the mall with my sister for a bit. ughhhh. come out baby come out. in my heart and in my mind i KNOW that this is good progress i am making, but i feel like the worst parent in the world...i honestly just lay in bed all the time.

i saw that june had their first baby born - he's a cutie! 

#10 of 95 Old 05-21-2011, 06:50 PM

I got most of the quilt batted and basted today, so happy that's almost done! and cleaned and reorganized my sewing room (when I am mid-quilt it becomes a disaster area)

My son has become a bit more clingy and crazy lately - he wants to nurse SO much more than before, and is very 'mamamamama' oriented, its strange, like he knows what is coming smile.gif We do talk about 'the baby' and he knows there is a baby in my belly but he also sometimes thinks there's one in his belly, so I can't figure out how he'd know its imminent or not! The tandem nursing thing is starting to worry me though with how clingy he's been and how long he nurses for.

I really don't feel close to labor at all, which is kind of good, since I have a ton of stuff to do this week at work, but at the same time I am really worried it'll be a super long labor again. I am going to get checked tuesday - I am totally assuming Ill be the same - no dilation, -3 station. LONG cervix again, etc. I'm not sure what it is about my pelvis but these babes like to stay HIGH !!! It makes pregnancy way easier (from what I am reading!!! especially towards the end!) but labor SUCKS. I just hope I can do more of it at home this time, now that I know throwing up isn't a sign of transition (for me) that should be easier wink1.gif

My groin is a bit sore from playing frisbee on Friday, but not too bad - but I think I won't play again, just in case - since it was sore enough that labor might not have been fun this AM. Not that labor is all that fast, anyway, so maybe it isn't a big deal, but I'd hate to pull a muscle right before needing to give birth smile.gif so I think I am done. Ill still bike in next week, but no disc or running, even. Hopefully I can stick to that!

I was going to take Monday off for some baby prep and time w/ the mr. but work is a bit too panicky about me leaving so I think I'm going in anyway. It sucks to take a day off this late anyway, since the next day when you come in you have to deal with even more annoying comments than usual 'I thought you had the baby! where were you!' etc.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#11 of 95 Old 05-21-2011, 07:44 PM

As I type this, I have a little boy pretending to nurse so he can keep my nipple in his mouth, and he just farted. Both things are the most adorable in the world. :) Totally digging motherhood, although his gassy evening sadness has left sleeping a little touch and go. We moved from having him sleeping on my chest to sleeping in the travel crib at the side of the bed last night because I'm healed up enough to bend over and pick him up without much pain now. That helped the sleeping a lot. I'm discovering how many things I can do one handed (like typing). Sending good labour vibes for those of you who are due, overdue and just plain ready to pop. :)

#12 of 95 Old 05-22-2011, 04:56 AM

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelgeek View Post

As I type this, I have a little boy pretending to nurse so he can keep my nipple in his mouth, and he just farted.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#13 of 95 Old 05-22-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelgeek View Post

As I type this, I have a little boy pretending to nurse so he can keep my nipple in his mouth, and he just farted.

Totally what Evergreen said - Good grief that is SO SWEET!! :D

#14 of 95 Old 05-22-2011, 06:34 AM

We're going to spend our first night in the 'new' house tonight, which will be fun. I think. Trying to prepare the kids for "old house" noises! :) We've been in transition and with family and stuff for so long, dh and I haven't actually had OUR OWN bedroom since late 2009 - so if nothing else, at least an hour or so should be REALLY fun. ;) Still can't believe we managed to get pg while living with my grandmother. winky.gif

Lots of sitting and pointing and feeling frustrated today, but at least when some of the dust settles we'll be in our own space and not having to drive all the way back here tonight!

Lots of sending ELVs to us still waiting and warm fuzziness to those of you with babes-in-arms!

Off to scope out that new "June" baby! :)

ETA: Just had the happiest thought - with getting most of our stuff out of here today, we'll be bringing this baby home to our new house! joy.gifI had been thinking we'd have to spend another night or so here after the birth, but not so much. :D That's ONE reason to be grateful baby is taking more time than I'd wanted to take. :)

#15 of 95 Old 05-22-2011, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

happy birthday, lizzie! i think it's today - right?

had a pretty rough night. blah. i took tylenol at around 4 am when haye came to bed with us and derek went to his bed to sleep. didn't really help but i forced myself to sleep anyways. woke up just feeling horrible. i've had 2 BMs this morning. tmi? hardly right...we've come so far, ladies! hahahahaha

i'm skipping church, derek is taking haye. after church is our church baby shower. my sister will be here soon.

i just heard haye say "one day when i have kids...with someone..."  - usually when i ask him about being a grown up he breaks down crying and informs me that he will never have kids and will never get married and will always live with us. a breakthrough!! ROTFLMAO.gif

#16 of 95 Old 05-22-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post

happy birthday, lizzie! i think it's today - right?

had a pretty rough night. blah. i took tylenol at around 4 am when haye came to bed with us and derek went to his bed to sleep. didn't really help but i forced myself to sleep anyways. woke up just feeling horrible. i've had 2 BMs this morning. tmi? hardly right...we've come so far, ladies! hahahahaha

i'm skipping church, derek is taking haye. after church is our church baby shower. my sister will be here soon.

i just heard haye say "one day when i have kids...with someone..." - usually when i ask him about being a grown up he breaks down crying and informs me that he will never have kids and will never get married and will always live with us. a breakthrough!! ROTFLMAO.gif

You and I are sounding similar in how we're feeling right about now. I've had 3 bm's this morning, slept terribly last night as well. Also had a crying breakdown at about 6am this morning. Skipping church as well and have been having contractions about every 10 minutes since 8:30 we'll see if this leads anywhere.

Hugs rylee! I hope you feel better and have a good baby shower.

#17 of 95 Old 05-22-2011, 04:47 PM

all right, I have to ask, is more than one BM in the AM weird?! since I usually have one, but sometimes have two (and when not pregnant, its *usually* two!) and even 3 wouldn't shock me (especially if I had coffee!) so, why the surprise? Is it a sign of something? I am out of the loop here smile.gif

#18 of 95 Old 05-22-2011, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

hahaha! yeah it's abnormal for me. i usually have one a day, maybe two...sometimes one every two days. especially this late in pregnancy when everything is all slowed down. 
it wasn't anything, i guess. i have actually felt pretty okay today besides being soooo tired. i totally overdid it. skipped church, had a baby shower (fabulous!), went for coffee, went to carters, went mall-walking with my sister (ughhhhhhhhhh the mall), stopped at wal-mart to price something out (ughhhhh walmart), went out for dinner, went swimming...i think i could sleep for DAYS. you watch i'll go into labour tonight when i am dead exhausted. mischievous.gif

nothing new to report. 

#19 of 95 Old 05-22-2011, 10:35 PM

I am going to join in with the ok, enough already. I am now at a week and half of contractions & losing some plug every day. My stomach hates me, my boobs hurt, I'm grouchy and DH is driving me INSANE hovering around the house. He's stayed home all week waiting for something to happen and he has gotten grouchier and more obnoxious by the day. We had a good talk about it yesterday and he's going to work tomorrow cause it's not doing anyone any good. He's worried because he takes public transit to work and the best time he could make it home in would be an hour. I told him that if things were that fast and crazy we're not going to the birth center anyway, so it's not a big deal and if he really needs to he can just take a cab and we'll eat the cost. 

Sanity is way more important, for both of us. 

Walking kicks it up a notch, or other activity, but it doesn't last. I know babies come in their own time and my due date isn't til next Sat and blah blah blah but man this frakking SUCKS. I have been Miss positive vibes about it for the past week and a half and today I think I need to be cranky about it. My body needs to get on with it and get some real labor on, not this 24-hr contractions that never go anywhere BS.

Hrmph.

Thanks for listening, I think I feel better now.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#20 of 95 Old 05-23-2011, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

1:19

1:46

1:59

2:10

2:20

2:30

2:41

ughhhhh. i am in painnnn. i woke up abruptly at 1:19 with this horrible contraction, went to the bathroom...i've been back in the bathroom twice since then with horrible contractions. i don't know if i just have to use the bathroom and am having really bad cramping because of that, or what it is, but holy balls i can't do this for weeks longer. ughhh. is it possible for contractions to start in your ass and move up into your belly?! if this keeps up for any time longer i am going to have to call the midwives. i really don't want to wake them up for nothing though. ugh. they are ranging from 30 seconds to 2 minutes long and seem to start really abruptly and spread like wildfire...i have to rock through them or be on hands and knees. i'm considering taking a couple tylenol and laying down to see if this is actually it. and on the other hand i am kind of terrified that being as far dilated as i am the midwives aren't going to make it to our house in time. 

#21 of 95 Old 05-23-2011, 04:49 AM

Ughhh. Hugs to all of you who are going through a rough time these last few weeks of pregnancy.

Another day at the office...I am considering making next week my last week even if the baby isn't here.

#22 of 95 Old 05-23-2011, 05:06 AM

I can't believe I'm still here and pregnant. We had an amazing last weekend as a family of four.

Friday evening we ate dinner then went down to our community pool. We had so much fun with the kids! They love the water, and I love what it does to them! KNOCKS. THEM. OUT! Saturday morning we got up, ate breakfast and went down to the beach with my parents. It was high tide, so we couldn't go onto the regular beach, so we went to the "family beach", a tide pool that was calmer and just really nice. We snacked and the kids played in the sand and water. My parents and 3 siblings came with us, and it was just a great day. We went to church Sunday and had planned to have dinner and a Bible study Sunday night with friends, but they got sick so we loaded up and grilled out by the community pool. We stayed well past dark and enjoyed the water. I started having contractions while we were there. I spent more time in the jacuzzi than the pool, breathing through contractions and praying this was labor starting. Through the night, I woke up several times with contractions, and I've had two since waking up this morning. I'm going in for another accupuncture session this morning, so praying this is it!

Happy last full week of May, people!!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#23 of 95 Old 05-23-2011, 05:11 AM

I'm heading to work today too! (on my bike, even!) I am due tomorrow, but I think I am going to work until the end, though I'm planning to take Friday off.

I am finally getting more BH ctx (I was worried my uterus wasn't 'practicing' enough, I think it NEEDS it after last time!!) at least one an hour or so, when I get up fast, etc. (TMI warning) my discharge completely changed in the last day too, from nothing to very watery/mucousy on and off. I remember last time when this happened (around 38 weeks) I thought my water broke/was leaking since it would literally 'wet' my pj pants! I think Ill have to wear a pantyliner today, for example. Of course last time I went almost a whole month after these signs! but I figure my body is just gearing up later, maybe?

ob/gyn appt tomorrow, I'm guessing since my frikking jeans still fit Ill still be super high, no dilation, etc. Ill be picking up some zofran today to have at home in case I get the weird puking thing again in early labor.

I'm wondering if its even possible to get Z's quilt quilted before I have the baby smile.gif I'm guessing Ill have 60 hours or so of hand quilting, so probably not - I could get a lot done in early labor I suppose, if it lasts days again, and its the days that Z is at my MIL or in school. I'd like to make some progress at least! I am almost done with the baby hat, that should be done today.

#24 of 95 Old 05-23-2011, 07:50 AM

Well, yesterday was my due date...but nothing happened. I am actually glad since I was able to celebrate my son's first holy Communion. However, it would be nice to have the baby soon since my in laws are leaving by Wednesday morning.

This house is a mess and I can't seem to keep it clean....ugh!!!

#25 of 95 Old 05-23-2011, 09:18 AM

Just calculated my Bishops Score online...it's a 3.  I am never having a baby. 

#26 of 95 Old 05-23-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

Just calculated my Bishops Score online...it's a 3.  I am never having a baby. 

what is that?

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#27 of 95 Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 AM

Officially overdue now...1st time ever...

#28 of 95 Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 AM

Bishop's score is how likely an induction is to work. I was told it last time since I went to 41 weeks - and with a Bishop's score of 0, yeah, not so good - they wouldn't induce me until 42 weeks anyway at my doc so it wasn't an issue, but if I was a good candidate, they might have offered to do it at 41 (I wouldn't have taken it though, my BP was high, but not too bad)

Mine I'm guessing is 0 right now, pretty sure I am still not dilated or effaced, and at -3 station. And on my due date smile.gif

#29 of 95 Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 AM

I just did mine online and I am a 6-7 but don't want to be induced, but at least it means that I am getting closer to labor! Tomorrow is my due date and having irregular BH contractions today, but nothing really painful. Sadly, sex and nipple stimulation seem to calm my contractions instead of helping them along, so we may need to stop that! LOL

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#30 of 95 Old 05-23-2011, 12:14 PM

Hoping that since we haven't heard from rylee since 2:40am her contractions were the real deal. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page