who's still hanging around??? i'll start... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thankful-mama- Hang in there with your pregnancy.  I went to 41wks+4 and was beginning to worry a whole lot. In the end, I do think the membrane sweep helped put me into full blown labor as I kept having starts/stops and it was driving me completely insane.  My midwife was also super comfortable with my going to 42 weeks but I was not due to my age.

Good luck!  The baby will come soon, one way or the other.

#32 of 50 Old 05-25-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

i relate to that. i can't say i'm uncomfortable, really (although the aching hips in the night are a bother). but i've psyched myself up for an early one, too. and i'm at 38w 2d! lol.gif and i'm ready... still, a girl can hope, right? hang in there!!

Thanks!  I told myself with this pregnancy I wasn't going to focus on an EDD...  just say early June and be pleasantly surprised if we welcomed baby any sooner.  Yeah, that's worked out really well.  lol.gif

I lost my mucus plug and had bloody show this morning...  and while I know it could still be weeks away, at least it's a sign that SOMETHING is happening!!!  

#33 of 50 Old 05-25-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankful-mama View Post

Hi!  I'm inching my way towards 42 weeks on Thursday.  My EDD was May 12th.  I didn't go past a due date with my first 2, so this is a new experience.  I'm so thankful that we're planning a homebirth, b/c my midwife is fine with this "lateness" and even seems unattached to the original due date.  I don't always feel so confident though b/c I rarely hear of anyone ever going past 42 weeks.  Seems like there's always an induction involved at that point.

Am I wrong to not have my membranes stripped?  I don't want to do this!!   Won't baby just come when he/she is ready?

I had my membranes stripped with DS, and while I wouldn't do it again at 38 weeks, I would definitely do it if I went beyond 41 weeks.

#34 of 50 Old 05-25-2011, 10:17 AM

well, I had my membranes stripped with one baby and still went a whole week later...so, i am not against getting them stripped especially when you are past the due date (it may or may not work).

I am at 40 weeks and three days....so ready

#35 of 50 Old 05-26-2011, 06:53 AM

I'm getting tired of the life on pause button.I kept planning fun friend distractions and now, I will plan no more! I am focusing on willing this baby to be born!!!!!!! I had early signs of labor ALL day yesterday,then slept well last night.Today, nothing so far.I'm 6 days past my dd now, so it would be a good happy medium to my average lateness to have this baby now!!!! I'm just ready to move on with my/our life already! Of course, that statement throws me into the mind game of maybe this is my only time with this baby,maybe it won't make it out alive,I should appreciate the time I'm having.......I'm REALLY tired of mind games.I'm feeling up tight and I need to let go.

:::
#36 of 50 Old 05-26-2011, 07:17 AM

I tried to check my OWN cervix and give myself a membrane sweep, lol. I didn't feel my cervix at all, maybe it's still high up there? Or maybe I'm walking around perfectly comfy at 9cm dilated. winky.gif

I'm gonna make an appt with either a massage therapist to do acupressure or an acupuncturist for today.  I'm also using my breast pump to stimulate contractions and took some Goldenseal root.  I'm getting contractions, but no baby yet.  

#37 of 50 Old 05-26-2011, 08:04 AM

now 40 weeks 4 days. Last night my husband tried some accupressure on my feet to get me going...but here I am the next morning...with nada.

I feel like my belly is just one big bowling ball.

Maybe I could get a pedicure to keep my mind off of this and get the toesies pretty while I am at it....

I also wish that people would quit asking if I had the baby...."Hello, do you see the baby in my arms?"

I am being a big whiney brat.

#38 of 50 Old 05-26-2011, 08:17 AM

Thankful-mama, I would so be stripping by your point! I'm always so against that until I get to my edd. I did try a stretch and sweep thing a week ago, but it did nothing. I will say that I was so sure things would happen sooner, and yet despite trying very low-key encouragement to the baby to MOVE OUT, that hasn't happened. Kind of leaving me to feel like Baby just really needs this time in there, reagardless of what I want. Happy I didn't do anything stronger than what I did, you know? Since I'll be seeing the doc today I won't be getting checked or anything, but idk what I'd do if I were seeing my mw! With my mom here now, I kind of feel like we need to get things done so she can be helping with post-baby stuff instead of just unpacking stuff! But of course I'm grateful for all of her help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mija y mijo View Post

Thanks!  I told myself with this pregnancy I wasn't going to focus on an EDD...  just say early June and be pleasantly surprised if we welcomed baby any sooner.  Yeah, that's worked out really well.  lol.gif

I've done exactly the same thing... just kept saying "late May" to everyone for a long time... now I'm all "C'MON!!" Lol! And with my first two I went 40w1d, so for months I was essentially planning for this Sunday, but for the past two weeks I've been so antsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindRedSpirit View Post

I'm getting tired of the life on pause button.I kept planning fun friend distractions and now, I will plan no more! I am focusing on willing this baby to be born!!!!!!! I had early signs of labor ALL day yesterday,then slept well last night.Today, nothing so far.I'm 6 days past my dd now, so it would be a good happy medium to my average lateness to have this baby now!!!! I'm just ready to move on with my/our life already! Of course, that statement throws me into the mind game of maybe this is my only time with this baby,maybe it won't make it out alive,I should appreciate the time I'm having.......I'm REALLY tired of mind games.I'm feeling up tight and I need to let go.

I've had some thoughts like that too.. thinking everything has been so perfect for so long and I have two healthy kids and who am I to think nothing could go wrong? hug2.gif VERY annoying to have things like that dancing around in your head when you're just trying to focus and relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryamour View Post

I tried to check my OWN cervix and give myself a membrane sweep, lol. I didn't feel my cervix at all, maybe it's still high up there? Or maybe I'm walking around perfectly comfy at 9cm dilated. winky.gif

I'm gonna make an appt with either a massage therapist to do acupressure or an acupuncturist for today.  I'm also using my breast pump to stimulate contractions and took some Goldenseal root.  I'm getting contractions, but no baby yet.  

I can't find my own cervix, but it's just WAY back there. When I got checked I had to bear down to enable my mw to find it! But I like to think I'm much more dilated and on the way and that's what's really going on!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#39 of 50 Old 05-26-2011, 08:22 AM

Still baking that baby at 41+1. I thought last night would be "it" because I was FINALLY having contractions, but they petered out after awhile and I was able to go to sleep. I'm having some contractions this morning, so that's great! I was getting worried that I wasn't having any signs of impending labor. I don't usually see the mucous plug until I'm in good, strong labor so I'm not expecting to see that any time soon. But yay! Contractions!

I had my midwife do an internal exam at my appointment on Tuesday and apparently my cervix is nice and soft, but that's about it. I'm not counting that 1 cm & 50% effaced at all because it seems like that's what everybody is at this stage in the game! LOL. She is going to come over tomorrow to do a NST, and then we'll schedule a U/S for the BPP some time next week if the baby hasn't come yet. 

I've been trying hard to keep my whining in check--some days it's much easier than others! LOL! And I'm not even answering the phone any more. My mom is the worst at calling--meaning she calls every day "just to tell you I love you." Thanks Mom! I know you love me, so please stop calling! Hahaha. Apparently there is a rumor in our congregation that the baby had already been born and the homebirth "went bad"?!?! Oh my, I suppose it doesn't help that I've been ducking out of church attendance this week so I can resist the urge to say something mean and snarky when someone asks (and someone WILL ask): "No Baby Yet?" "You're STILL here?" "We have a trampoline--HAHAHA" Ugh!

Ali hang.gif Mama to Ezra (12/29/05) banana.gifand Willa (09/19/2008) broc1.gifand Louisa (5/29/2011)carrot.gif treehugger.gifnovaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg

#40 of 50 Old 05-26-2011, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
tzs

is it really possible that some people just go into labor out of the middle of nowhere?

with dd my water broke and labor didn;t start until they pumped me full of pit...so i have no idea how this works.

alls i know is that i'm pretty raring to go but i've had no cramping, pain...anything other than feeling like a crappy tired pile. it always seems like everybody has these stories of pain or false labor for days or even weeks. so am i deluding myself by thinking i'm going to wake up in the middle of the night like...."ah ha!"

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#41 of 50 Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lava mama View Post

I had my midwife do an internal exam at my appointment on Tuesday and apparently my cervix is nice and soft, but that's about it. I'm not counting that 1 cm & 50% effaced at all because it seems like that's what everybody is at this stage in the game! LOL. She is going to come over tomorrow to do a NST, and then we'll schedule a U/S for the BPP some time next week if the baby hasn't come yet. 

hi lava mama,

i hope your contractions are still coming!  today i'm 42 weeks, also planning a homebirth.  i saw my midwife yesterday and baby sounded great and responded well with good heart variations.  i'm wondering what "BPP" stands for?  

#42 of 50 Old 05-26-2011, 10:47 AM

BPP stands for Bio-physical profile--the u/s where they look at the fluid levels and all that jazz. It'll be my first time ever doing one of those so I have no idea what to expect! Hopefully I won't have to do it at all! 

Ali hang.gif Mama to Ezra (12/29/05) banana.gifand Willa (09/19/2008) broc1.gifand Louisa (5/29/2011)carrot.gif treehugger.gifnovaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg

#43 of 50 Old 05-26-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzs View Post

is it really possible that some people just go into labor out of the middle of nowhere?

with dd my water broke and labor didn;t start until they pumped me full of pit...so i have no idea how this works.

alls i know is that i'm pretty raring to go but i've had no cramping, pain...anything other than feeling like a crappy tired pile. it always seems like everybody has these stories of pain or false labor for days or even weeks. so am i deluding myself by thinking i'm going to wake up in the middle of the night like...."ah ha!"

both of my labors started with contractions instead of water breaking. I didn't have BHs or prodromal labor. From the first contraction even with my oldest child I instantly knew this was it despite never feeling it before.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#44 of 50 Old 05-26-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzs View Post

my labor with dd started out of nowhere.  i felt great the entire day.  my called to see if anything was happening and i told her no probably and hour before contractions started.  i could barely feel them but they were the first i'd felt the entire time and i finally had some bloody show.  dd was in my arms 9 hours later.  the only sign i had of something starting was loosing the mucus plug the day before.  i'm hoping for a similar birth this time since i'm not having any prodromal labor either and i'm ready for this baby to come now :)

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#45 of 50 Old 05-26-2011, 02:36 PM

40+2 now, still here. :) I knew I'd go overdue again... I was just hoping I wouldn't!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#46 of 50 Old 05-26-2011, 04:12 PM

hmmm so I did a 3 miles walk was getting some good contractions...but they have stopped.

YOu know I am not all that bothered that the baby isn't here yet....it's more people asking me "so, when?". Like I know!

#47 of 50 Old 05-27-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

both of my labors started with contractions instead of water breaking. I didn't have BHs or prodromal labor. From the first contraction even with my oldest child I instantly knew this was it despite never feeling it before.

Same same here, though I did have some BH with the other two, there was no "huh, is THIS it?" - I just knew for sure both times. I couldn't say why or how. I wouldn't know what to do if my water broke first - with both kids it didn't break until they were essentially crowning. Probably scare the hell out of me if that happened first! Lol... I'd be expecting a baby within a minute! This time I feel like I've had a lot more intense BHs than with the first two, occasionally even painful, which is different. I like to think they're doing some work for me that I won't have to do in labor, but idk.

40 weeks today in my head, though I think the mw says tomorrow.... I won't know what to think if the baby doesn't show up this weekend.

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#48 of 50 Old 05-27-2011, 07:08 AM

I'm due in 2 days and don't see myself moving into the other thread any time soon.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#49 of 50 Old 05-27-2011, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
tzs

i'm due tomorrow but we observe shabbos so i'd honestly rather wait until sunday.....too many technical difficulties with the shabbos stuff.

the worst would be if i went into labor late in the afternoon and had to run around preparing for a sat hospital stay which would mean packing food and a ton of other stuff. ugh.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#50 of 50 Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 AM

dust.gifhoping for lots of babies this weekend! yes, i still think i'm having a may baby (39 weeks on sunday)... let's hope so.....ELVs to all who are ready!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page