who's still hanging around??? i'll start... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
tzs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i'm still here, due on the 28th but thought i'd go sooner. all i have is a little dilation and pelvic/groin pain for the last couple days.

i also have an OB who loves to induce and is so good at selling to women who are "done."

i'm both so ready and so not ready at the same time.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 AM

Me...I'm 40w 1d...i thought this baby would be here by now as this is now the most pregnant I've ever been...my other three were born between 39 and 40 weeks.
I had tons of contractions yesterday and then i went to bed and they slowed...this end of pregnancy has been so different from my other three and it's been very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#3 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 12:39 PM

I'm also still here, 39w 4d for me.  I was really, really hoping LO would have arrived today (my dad's birthday) but though I'm having plenty of Braxton-hicks I'm not sure anything will come of them by midnight!  My last two were born just after their due date so I'm guessing I'll probably meet baby at the end of the week.

This end of pregnancy has also been quite different for me - my Braxton-hicks are much stronger and have an edge to them, and they get regular in the evenings then putter out.  I don't remember that with my other pregnancies.  I am very ready for them to get regular, stay regular, and work up to being stronger.  I want to meet my baby!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#4 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 12:51 PM

me! wave.gif

i'm sure i'll be one of the last, as i am 38w 1d. i'm still thinking may baby, though...

having very frequent bh, and not-rhythmical cramping. sometimes wakes me in the night. i'm ready for baby to come anytime!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#5 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 01:01 PM

39 weeks and 1 day here.

Mine go about 42 weeks. I will probably have a hospital induction next week, though, due to placenta issues. Being generally over it is my way of coping with the idea of an induction after two planned home births. I'll find out when to expect baby on Thursday.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#6 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 02:09 PM

I'm still here. 39+3. Been having prodromal back labor since a week ago Thursday. Ready for this baby to come any time now.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#7 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 03:54 PM

I'm here! 40+5 here, which is not something I ever expected. I haven't been baby-less on my EDD before, so this is definitely throwing me for a loop! I'm going to see an acupunturist tomorrow, as well as talk to my MW about a membrane sweep. I'm finally starting to have some contractions, but they aren't consistent and don't hang around for too long. We'll see! I'm not very good at being patient apparently. LOL!

Ali hang.gif Mama to Ezra (12/29/05) banana.gifand Willa (09/19/2008) broc1.gifand Louisa (5/29/2011)carrot.gif treehugger.gifnovaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg

#8 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM

I am still here also. Due date is tomorrow and I have been having prodromal labor for 5 weeks...I lost most of my mucus plug at 32 weeks, and have been dilated to almost 2cm and 50% effaced with anterior cervix for two weeks +. My midwife is even surprised that I am still here...she just knew I would't go past 38.5 weeks or so. Baby is so low the last couple of days that he is cutting off circulation to my legs and both my feet are completely swollen up and my legs are cramping very badly. I have been having some contractions today, but they are very irregular, mostly when I am walking, and they are not very painful at all, just uncomfy...I haven't had bloody show or lost anymore mucus plug, so I know that I till have work to do!

So I am just waiting...they will let me go to about 42 weeks and then I have to have a RCS, they won't induce a VBAC...

Hoping we are all holding our LO's soon :D

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#9 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 04:07 PM

i'm here too....

i'm 39+3 and i'm not really expecting to go early although i would love to!  i've had tomorrow's date in my mind for a while as the perfect day but i'm really trying not to get to set on it since she probably won't cooperate :)  i'm having occasional mild cramping but no other signs of anything happening... so we shall see.  i'm going to have a talk with her tonight and see if that helps :)

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#10 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 04:17 PM

I was given two DDates.  LMP date is may 28, then by 10 week ultrasound gave me June 1st.  So I figured Id go with the latter, a nice round number.  Im still around and just got a feeling I wont be going anytime soon.  I think I got at least another week until things get exciting.  Almost 39 weeks now.  Still just stalking the entire mothering site 10 or more times a day just to pass the time so I wont go crazy.  Watching entire seasons of weird shows I never heard of on netflix, taking at least 2 warm baths a day, and still feeling like I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs, lol.  I am soooo bored!!!!  I gotta find something else to do while I wait on her to start shaking things up.

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#11 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 04:59 PM

I'm still here too.  40 weeks tomorrow.. never gone past 39+2 before..

I sound just like a broken record in this group I think lol..  as this one is going longer.. and having more prodromal labor.. issues then any I've ever had.   Midwife thinks I may still have a couple days left.. but did not set another prenatal.

I've lost several nights of sleep due to contractions to strong and to regular to sleep through.  I even had one night of calling in the midwife and doula.. contracting to the point of pushing.. and coming to a dead stall (that was in the wee hrs this past Saturday morning).

I'm 'trying' to be at peace with it all and wait for baby to be seriously ready.  But I waver back and forth.. and get very emotional about it when tired (which is most of the time). 

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#12 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 06:19 PM

still here 40 weeks plus 1 day. I usually go a bit late. I have gone two days late up to a week late. was hoping to have this baby while my inlaws where in town for the extra help...what will be will be....but I am getting awfully tired :)

#13 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 07:54 PM

Here I am! Due May 28th, 39w3d? 4d? My last two were born the day after their due dates, so I'm trying to keep from planning the birth for this weekend. :) It's been so long since I had a baby I don't remember much about what happened that last week the last two times! I know I had plenty of braxton-hicks but I don't think they were ever painful before, and a few have been in the past 24 hours - I don't think that matters, but I'm hoping my body's not going to do this EVERY night until the baby comes!  

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#14 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 08:01 PM

40 weeks here! +1 I guess now. I went 11 days late with Z (though I went INTO labor only 8 days late! labor was LONG) so not expecting soon. Not expecting soon either since unlike everyone else I am not dilated/effaced/carrying low/etc at all. Yesterday and today is actually the first time I had any sort of regular BH ctx, even. I am a bit crampy tonite as well. W/ Z, I had a bit of prodromal labor around 38 weeks, and then nothing until labor started (hence it taking 72 hours, I'm guessing!) so not expecting too much.

I'd be happy w/ a babe this weekend, I'm taking Friday off from work and would love to enjoy a last day w/ a family of 3 smile.gif so kind of hoping labor is a bit late, actually. I am smaller than I was w/ Z at this time, and he was only 7.5lbs, at 11 days late, so I'm guessing my babes just need some extra time to cook. I actually did get a bit bigger with him from 40->41 weeks.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#15 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 09:31 PM

Me, too!! I'm mostly a lurker around here, but read updates every day. I'm 40 weeks +1 today! All along my midwife has told me to just expect to go 42 weeks and I won't be disappointed. 

Today, I was told by a lady I've never seen before that I must be confused about my dates, because I look like I'm only 6 months pregnant! Maintained composure with her, but almost wanted to get violent. 

I really hope baby comes this week. I wasn't counting on a June baby.

#16 of 50 Old 05-23-2011, 11:19 PM

Seafox- I don't think prodromal labor has any indication as to how quick births are...i never had any bh or contractions until I went into labor with my first 2 babies and both labors were under 12 hours start to finish so I hope you have a faster labor this time smile.gif

Smashingpeggy- I'm sorry someone thought your dates were wrong because you carry small. I had incredulous looks with my first...I didn't look more than 6 months pregnant with her when she was born...doesn't make pregnancy any less uncomfortable.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#17 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post

Smashingpeggy- I'm sorry someone thought your dates were wrong because you carry small. I had incredulous looks with my first...I didn't look more than 6 months pregnant with her when she was born...doesn't make pregnancy any less uncomfortable.

Yeah, ryleee, was totally tiny. She gained 17 lbs but had an over 9 pound baby after getting accosted at the grocery store by people worried she was starving her baby. Meanwhile. I've gained 40 lbs and am expecting a 5 pounder due to placenta issues (that we're keeping a watchful eye on.)

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#18 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 AM

Im here... 41 weeks today and sooo uncomfortable!

Wife of a Coastie, Mom to Rylin, Alden, Carden and Thumper coming Octoberstork-suprise.gifbfinfant.gifdp_femalesling.GIFsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifhomebirth.jpgribbonpink.gifHelping my mom fight breast cancer.

#19 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 06:27 AM

I think I have everyone beat... 41w 3d.... I'm trying not to notice I only have 4 days till I'm officially overdue. I worry so much about my little guy; I just want him out so I can hold him and know he's alright!

#20 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryamour View Post

I think I have everyone beat... 41w 3d.... I'm trying not to notice I only have 4 days till I'm officially overdue. I worry so much about my little guy; I just want him out so I can hold him and know he's alright!

I finally went at 41 weeks 5 days!  I highly recommend some Cranial Sacral Therapy for all the "late" ladies. I know it's what finally got us into labor and helped my beautiful girl along in coming into this life!! 

#21 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 07:59 AM

Still here. 39 weeks 1 day. 

#22 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 08:04 AM

Me too.40w4d.positive on the outside(cos it's so much easier that way!) I've gone 13 days over before, and that baby was engaged.This one is not.It's acting confused about how to properly position and keeps going transverse and acynclitic....Line up already!!!! Sheesh! I need to just laugh hysterically for a good 3 days and then I can go into labor.As it is, my jaw is WAY too tight!

:::
#23 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 08:43 AM

My latest was 15 days over. The last one was 11 days over. I was thinking that about 8 days over sounded perfect for this one but that is still 2 weeks away. Ugh! I don't remember general late pregnancy being as painful the other times. I think I will go back and read over my old posts just to make sure.

#24 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
tzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

Yeah, ryleee, was totally tiny. She gained 17 lbs but had an over 9 pound baby after getting accosted at the grocery store by people worried she was starving her baby. Meanwhile. I've gained 40 lbs and am expecting a 5 pounder due to placenta issues (that we're keeping a watchful eye on.)

my dd was only 5.13 postdate. we had no idea she was going to be small but the PB suspected placental issues. she went from off the charts to 50% percentile in a month and was 100% healthy and strong. rolled from front to back at 6 weeks and held her head pretty much from the beginning! she was just a peanut. small babies are great!

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#25 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzs View Post

my dd was only 5.13 postdate. we had no idea she was going to be small but the PB suspected placental issues. she went from off the charts to 50% percentile in a month and was 100% healthy and strong. rolled from front to back at 6 weeks and held her head pretty much from the beginning! she was just a peanut. small babies are great!

Thank you. That is very comforting. Both of my kids were small, but not tiny, so I was wondering what to expect.

#26 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter
tzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

Thank you. That is very comforting. Both of my kids were small, but not tiny, so I was wondering what to expect.

oh yeah, and it was so obvious to me later that it was placental or uterine issues since she gained so fast from the mama milk after birth. but 9/9 apgars and if fact, when she was born she didn't look "tiny." my doula even had them reweigh her thinking the scale was wrong....and she "lost" an ounce!
this one is supposed to be bigger according to ultrasound and i have no idea what it's going to be like having a "normal" sized baby!

#27 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 11:05 AM

I'm still here.  39w 1d.  I was so worried about this baby coming before we were ready, and now that I'm ready I have a feeling it's still going to be awhile.  I think all the talk of going early and the fact that DS came at 38w 4d I was anticipating going early with this one...  I really wish I wouldn't have psyched myself up for an early baby, because now I'm not even at my EDD and I'm trying not to get discouraged.  I think the fact that I'm so uncomfortable this time around is adding to my impatience.  eyesroll.gif

#28 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

hug2.gif

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#29 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mija y mijo View Post

I'm still here.  39w 1d.  I was so worried about this baby coming before we were ready, and now that I'm ready I have a feeling it's still going to be awhile.  I think all the talk of going early and the fact that DS came at 38w 4d I was anticipating going early with this one...  I really wish I wouldn't have psyched myself up for an early baby, because now I'm not even at my EDD and I'm trying not to get discouraged.  I think the fact that I'm so uncomfortable this time around is adding to my impatience.  eyesroll.gif

i relate to that. i can't say i'm uncomfortable, really (although the aching hips in the night are a bother). but i've psyched myself up for an early one, too. and i'm at 38w 2d! lol.gif and i'm ready... still, a girl can hope, right? hang in there!!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#30 of 50 Old 05-24-2011, 09:09 PM

Hi!  I'm inching my way towards 42 weeks on Thursday.  My EDD was May 12th.  I didn't go past a due date with my first 2, so this is a new experience.  I'm so thankful that we're planning a homebirth, b/c my midwife is fine with this "lateness" and even seems unattached to the original due date.  I don't always feel so confident though b/c I rarely hear of anyone ever going past 42 weeks.  Seems like there's always an induction involved at that point.

Am I wrong to not have my membranes stripped?  I don't want to do this!!   Won't baby just come when he/she is ready?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page