The FABULOUS May thread....MAY MAMAs moving into JUNE!!!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-02-2011, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindRedSpirit View Post

Maybe just a break for breakfast, Evergreen? :)

I'm in pity party mode today.I'm tired of this not understanding what the hold up is, and I'm starting to worry about why so many false labors and so little progress.(cord tangles,etc....)Baby is moving regularly, just not seeming to efface,and tomorrow is the most pregnant I've been before.(well, tomorrow after 9:30 pm)Sat is officially 42 weeks,and so begin the drastic measures and serious inductions.I can feel the stress and worry from other people on my behalf,less calls, very little casual conversation....As if I were controlling the situation!!Oh, well, I guess NOW I'll have the baby.....cruel inatention to personal energy, people! I just don't want to do it anymore.I'm craving those after baby hormones.

hug2.gif I wish there was something I could do, baby.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 12:26 PM

thinking of all of you who are SO close and sending you all labor vibes...goodvibes.gif

seems like it's mostly folks on here who are still waiting, so i hate to bore you with what's happening on the other side, but here goes...

our little guy is 17 days old today and i am so in love.  while i was pregnant i wondered how i could possibly love another person as much as i love my dd, but it certainly is possible.  i can't stop staring at him and am enjoying every second (he will probably be our last).  am still recovering a bit.  was having serious plumbing issues (first couldn't pee, then had some miserable constipation), but i think the worst is now over (thank goodness).  i can so handle the lack of sleep, but when you're also feeling physically not well, it's tough. 

sadly, nursing is not going well (and if i hear one more mom say that their little guy or gal is "nursing like a champ", i'm going to scream).  why is this so hard for me?  mecry.gifi was so sure it would be easier this time around.  dd was a c-section with whom i had pitocin and an epidural (and i didn't get to nurse until she was over two hours old).  this time, i had a drug-free vbac and got to nurse immediately, but am experiencing the same problems i did with dd.  so frustrating.  

took our first trip with ds this weekend.  went to the in-laws.  was dh's brother's 40th birthday and there was a surprise party for him.  worked out well, because some of the family got to meet jude as well.  an enjoyable weekend until we ended up in the emergency room with dd on monday night.  poor thing, i'm already super emotional, but seeing my little girl in pain just broke my heart.  nothing serious, just nursemaid's elbow (which she's had once before).  three trips to the ER with dd in her four short years (hope this is no indication of what's to come...or what's in store for her brother).  

gotta run, duty calls... 

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

I hope the nursing gets better, Sam.

My contractions have picked back up. The last one was 51 seconds and seriously hurt. I'm still at work though so they can't be that bad.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Old 06-02-2011, 06:14 PM

oh, my goodness, you're still working?  i'm impressed.  with dd i worked as long as i could (a week before my due date) so i could spend as much of my four month maternity leave with her, but working past my due date?  no way!  good for you.  i guess, if anything, it keeps you occupied.

nearly a minute long?  that's pretty serious.  how are you doing?  any updates?

in other news, dh is away until late saturday night.  one of his athletes made it to the track and field state championships this weekend, so it's a big deal, but i'm kind of dreading it.  i'm used to being home alone with dd and the baby all day, but i'm going to miss having some relief in the evenings (and, of course, i'll just miss having him home).  my sister and her family are coming to meet the baby this weekend and my sister has offered to spend the night with me tomorrow, so that'll be nice. 

jude had his two week appt yesterday.  he's already 10 lbs 2 oz which just seems insane to me. 

thinking of you all.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 06-04-2011, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

sam i think that by the time i get zao weighed she will be over 10 pounds too!
and for him being 10 pounds you gotta know that your milk is at doing SOMETHING, so keep your chin up. it will get better <3

i was feeling really super depressed the last couple days and spent today cleaning up the main floor of our house and i feel SO MUCH BETTER. a friend came over for the evening and we talked and drank starbucks and played bananagrams...it was lovely. she left about half an hour ago and man, it was just what i needed. derek is out tonight at a show he was curating. 

anyways. hope you guys are all doing well :) how many mamas are left?!

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 06-04-2011, 01:16 PM

Well I went into labor late yesterday afternoon, and after a mostly expected runaway train feeling labor, Ardis Clare was born just before 10 pm. 8 Lb even. 20 Inches. Beautiful but very spitty.Good luck to all.

Wife to DH, mom to DD1 energy.gif 9/06 and our new arrival DD2 femalesling.GIF 6/11

Old 06-04-2011, 01:51 PM

rye - starbucks, bananagrams and a friend?  sounds like the perfect evening.

atnightingale - congrats to you and welcome to ardis clare.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 06-04-2011, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

oooh ardis is a great name! congrats! 
and congrats to you too, em!! 

yes it was JUST what i needed...i was beginning to feel a bit depressed.

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 06-04-2011, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Georgia is here also. She came 6//3 at 10:46. She was my biggest at 6 lbs 13 oz and her actual birth was amazing.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post

yes it was JUST what i needed...i was beginning to feel a bit depressed.

i hear ya.  my sister and her family are here this weekend and it's been so nice just to have people around (not to help, but just to talk to) especially with dh out of town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

Georgia is here also. She came 6//3 at 10:46. She was my biggest at 6 lbs 13 oz and her actual birth was amazing.

congrats emily!  your biggest?  i'm jealous.  and all your babes were late, right?  wow!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 06-04-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post

sam i think that by the time i get zao weighed she will be over 10 pounds too!
and for him being 10 pounds you gotta know that your milk is at doing SOMETHING, so keep your chin up. it will get better <3

i was feeling really super depressed the last couple days and spent today cleaning up the main floor of our house and i feel SO MUCH BETTER. a friend came over for the evening and we talked and drank starbucks and played bananagrams...it was lovely. she left about half an hour ago and man, it was just what i needed. derek is out tonight at a show he was curating. 

anyways. hope you guys are all doing well :) how many mamas are left?!

That sounds like a great evening...I'm in need of something similar right about now.  The pp blues/hormones have been crazy for me this time.  I was better when my Mom was here, but she left Monday and since then I've felt so sad.  Not to mention that the stupidest things make me want to cry right now and that drives me crazy.

Congrats Evergreen and atnightingale!

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

Old 06-07-2011, 02:43 AM

Geez louise, people.I"M STILL PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot belive I'm still pregnant.42 w 2 d. This baby is going to be huge. I stopped answering the phone and going on facebook yesterday, so I'm sure everyone belives I've had the baby,except we would have called !!!Whatever.The baby is still active,I'm doing EPO in every way possible, and cramp bark and RRL tinctures,and having cramps but that's it.I never called my midwife to strip membranes, I was too tired and then yesterday I was avoiding the world,trying to trust this baby's need for more time.I'll probably do the same today and not call her, as I'm doubting I'm dilated enough to strip/acsess the membranes yet.Also.How in the world are /were any of you reaching your own cervix to check yourselves????? I can't get close to mine, even with a 1/3 inch EPO capsule.I just get it as close as I can. I really just ......my mind is blown.Why is it not born yet???????

In other news, some neighborhood girls found a lost kitten and brought it to us(I co-teach a church/community girls group).This tiny kitty looks too small to be away from a mom,but she does eat solids and knows to pee in a litter box.We're going to look in the morning for who may be missing her.She's so sweet and went right to sleep at bedtime.I was worried she'd meow all night.In the meantime, OUR cat is not very happy about her arrival.Hissing and spitting....fun.I expected our cat to be happy, she loved our bunny....

Anyway....wishing I had baby news.....trying not to worry......

:::
Old 06-07-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:

Geez louise, people.I"M STILL PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot belive I'm still pregnant.42 w 2 d. This baby is going to be huge. I stopped answering the phone and going on facebook yesterday, so I'm sure everyone belives I've had the baby,except we would have called !!!Whatever.The baby is still active,I'm doing EPO in every way possible, and cramp bark and RRL tinctures,and having cramps but that's it.I never called my midwife to strip membranes, I was too tired and then yesterday I was avoiding the world,trying to trust this baby's need for more time.I'll probably do the same today and not call her, as I'm doubting I'm dilated enough to strip/acsess the membranes yet.Also.How in the world are /were any of you reaching your own cervix to check yourselves????? I can't get close to mine, even with a 1/3 inch EPO capsule.I just get it as close as I can. I really just ......my mind is blown.Why is it not born yet???????

In other news, some neighborhood girls found a lost kitten and brought it to us(I co-teach a church/community girls group).This tiny kitty looks too small to be away from a mom,but she does eat solids and knows to pee in a litter box.We're going to look in the morning for who may be missing her.She's so sweet and went right to sleep at bedtime.I was worried she'd meow all night.In the meantime, OUR cat is not very happy about her arrival.Hissing and spitting....fun.I expected our cat to be happy, she loved our bunny....

Anyway....wishing I had baby news.....trying not to worry......

hug2.gif blessings, mama. i hope your little one comes very soon. good labor vibes.... goodvibes.gif

i'm still here, though only one day past due. i had a second looooong night of decent, timeable contractions that i was able to sleep between. aching back, the whole deal. this has been such a different experience from my other births! i am looking forward to getting into active labor. early labor lasting for days is just surreal...

hugs to all!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 06-08-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:

How in the world are /were any of you reaching your own cervix to check yourselves????? I can't get close to mine, even with a 1/3 inch EPO capsule.I just get it as close as I can. I really just ......my mind is blown.Why is it not born yet???????

I never did find my cervix either. In the end it didn't matter, so maybe it is better that way. :) Hope you're in labor soon.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 06-08-2011, 04:55 PM

Stopping by for a sec to say hi. Baby is doing great, we've been home for two days. Starting to maybe get into a groove. Recovering from 62 hours of labor and then a C-section is kinda brutal, have to say. I get the recovery portions of both worlds, minus the busted up hooha. They had to do the epidural twice and then a spinal too, so almost a week out and I still have parts that are numb. Which is almost a blessing cause every bit that un-numbs itself hurts it a whole new special way. ANYWAY. 

Baby is awesome, DH is a freaking champ and the best man on earth and my friends are coming through in spades to help us out. Not being able to pick him up out of his sleeper by himself (or sit or stand up from sitting while holding him) put a crimp in how we can deal with life, so having people bring us stuff and come hang out and hold him has been a godsend. My mom was in my house alone the whole time I was in the hospital and destroyed my house in the process of cleaning it, which we are still recovering from. She also made a ton of food, none of which is vaguely edible. It's like she was in panic mode the entire time and just did things whether they made sense or not. (Like making a pumpkin pie with so much cinnamon it tastes like it's made of big red. Ugh. She's gone though, which is fantastic. I was not expecting her to be a complete and utter spazz the minute things started to go weird. I don't even know how to start with the crap she said to my birth team. Anyway, focus on the happy. The baby and I are alive and healthy and happy and home. 

He'll be a week old tomorrow, which blows my mind. 

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:38 PM

Rest well, elonwy...glad your friends are such support.  Sorry to hear your mom was not helpful during labour :(  Wow, she must have been in some kind of tailspin at your house while you weren't there, how stressful to come home to chaos *hug*

Old 06-09-2011, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Georgia is 6 days old. Yesterday she was 10.5 oz from 6'13 at birth. My milk came in last night with a vengence! She also slept for 5 hours, woke up to nurse one side and then slept 3 more. I tried to pump but couldn't get anything.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:28 PM

So sorry to hear about all your challenges elonwy, but glad to hear you are doing well. Friends are good. 

Thinking of you  kindRED Spirit. I hope you are well and baby has come or is coming.

Wife to DH, mom to DD1 energy.gif 9/06 and our new arrival DD2 femalesling.GIF 6/11

Old 06-11-2011, 02:55 PM

Way to keep positive,elonwy!!!! I hope recovery gets smoother for you.Hugs.

Can I just say, I am SSSSOOOOOOOOOO happy to not be pregnant anymore!!!!!  YAY! And with a happy, healthy baby on the other side.I was starting to worry.The short version is,19,yes,19 days "over" after about 7 hours of active labor,and a moment of baby's head being stuck in my perinium with a bit of shoulder distocia,Lily was born!!!!A girl! 8 lb. 9 oz. 21 in. in the water,in our front room, with a true knot one inch from her belly on the cord! That was a suprise! At 4pm .I was certain I had torn when she was stuck, but no stitches!!!!!!!!!!!Awesome! I had not been able to keep any food down all day,and I think that attributed to my hemmorhaging(did with my first too) had to get a shot of pit,passed out,got oxygen and a shot of m-something....came around,and have been okay since.:)Baby had facial bruising until today,but she's beautiful and lovely and such a sweet delight!!!!!Anyway, that's the short story.I'll get the long beautiful one typed up in a bit.:)

I super appreciate everyone's thoughts,support and prayers!

:::

User Tag List