The FABULOUS May thread....MAY MAMAs moving into JUNE!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 49 Old 05-29-2011, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Old thread here http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1314067/the-fabulous-may-chat-thread-week-four 

Hi, everyone! Here's a new thread especially for the long thread-phobic!

I know that most of us are snuggling babies. A few of us (like me) are still pregnant. Some of us might even be in labor!!!! I hope everyone is having a great weekend regardless of baby status as of now, though.

Today is my EDD. I'm taking the dog 4 wheeling on the beach for a last hurrah. Then hopefully a cookout with my parents (we haven't officially been invited yet but they do things last minute and the grocery stores are too crowded with tourists for me to brave til after the holiday.)

How is everyone? How are the nommable babies and stretched to capacity bellies?

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 49 Old 05-29-2011, 07:40 AM

Doing great here. My baby is nice to us. :) Lets us sleep much more than her brothers did so far. We'll see how things progress though. She was going to sleep on her own during the day for a bit but now she's getting more alert and having trouble falling asleep during the day now. Night-time, she sees dark and she happily complies. 

Breastfeeding is going decent. Nipple shields are annoying but I prefer them to bloody nipples from a terrible latch. She just wasn't getting the hang of it. Oh well. 

Her brothers love her lots and so does DH. 

DH is still home with us for another week. Thank God! We're trying to prepare our house for sale during this vacation time. I'm pretty confident we will have it listed before he goes back to work. Hopefully it'll sell quickly.

I got rid of all my boy baby/toddler clothes and my maternity clothes. I don't plan on having any more kiddos and it was kind of strange to do but really freed up some space, so it's good. There's always that chance that a baby could happen without our "trying." But, I don't think that's good enough reason to keep all that stuff around. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#3 of 49 Old 05-29-2011, 08:44 AM

Still pregnant also...did the South American version of castor oil night before last, have had diarrhea since then, but no real contractions to speak of. I did have 3-4 good ones last night, but they went away this morning and now I am just having a few irregular BH's. I am 40+6 today, so just hanging in there and hoping baby decides to come soon. 

He is moving a lot more than the other day, so that is helping me relax more also :D 

On a side note, we actually got pregnant in August because we were trying for a May baby. My birthday, DH's birthday and our anniversary are all in May...so we kept saying that we were so happy we would be adding another May celebration to the family...so it is funny that he will probably come in June, just to be stubborn...LOL

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#4 of 49 Old 05-29-2011, 10:19 AM

2whistle.gif

lurk.gif

yeah.

just here. ready. getting a little impatient. but not going to complain, as all is well.

whistling.gif

crochetsmilie.gif

hope everyone has a beautiful day. a great day for some births!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#5 of 49 Old 05-29-2011, 11:37 AM

I have gone from baby come out! to baby please stay in a little longer so all my issues can resolve and I can have my vagina birth. I keep having contractions every day though. I wonder how many women with prelabor like that hope it just keeps going? We are treating the yeast and if my symptoms from the herpes clear up by Tues, we might be good to go. It's in such a place that there is really no way to safely be sure it can be covered up enough to ensure nothing will happen to the baby during birth though (sorry if this is at all TMI). I need it all to heal and the baby to come like next Friday. That would be awesome. We are not actively going to try to do anything to induce and every one is sitting around going "wait, baby ,wait" Kinda weird reversal mentally. I am resigned to the fact that if I have to have a C-section, I have to have a C-section cause a happy healthy baby is more important than anything. But blarg. I'd rather not be dealing with all this. I'd hate to think that all the work and classes and explaining myself to bazillions of people about why a midwife and birth center is better than a hospital, etc, could all end up moot because I got herpes from some D-bag boyfriend 12 years ago. UGH.

Glad everyone is having a great time with their babies! This little one squirms around all day long, which has gotten PAINFUL. Labor vibes to those that need them. I need some anti labor vibes, if anyone's got any orngtongue.gif

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#6 of 49 Old 05-29-2011, 02:13 PM

Tomorrow is my official due date. This morning I've been in extreme pain (even worse than the previous days). It has hurt sitting, standing, and walking so I've been lying down a lot.  Saw bloody show around lunch time today but other than a few random contractions and more pain that (are not contracting), there's not been a whole lot going on.  I really either need to have him by tomorrow or wait until Thursday due to work.  Must actually be able to work on Tuesday and Wednesday to keep the job!

#7 of 49 Old 05-29-2011, 03:35 PM

Well, my light BH contractions today are coming every 7 minutes or so now...they are more painful, but not as painful as I expect them to be...so can't tell if it is the real thing, but it is more than I have had before...I am having to actually concentrate through them. Baby is so low I feel like I am hurting his head when I walk and my MIL watched me go through a couple contractions and they have changed their plans for the evening and are coming to stay with us so that they are there to take care of our DD just in case. 

Happy Labor vibes if you can spare them! (Elonwy, sending you anti labor vibes until you are all healed!)

Hope this turns into something painful and life changing...LOL

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#8 of 49 Old 05-29-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceriserenee View Post

Well, my light BH contractions today are coming every 7 minutes or so now...they are more painful, but not as painful as I expect them to be...so can't tell if it is the real thing, but it is more than I have had before...I am having to actually concentrate through them. Baby is so low I feel like I am hurting his head when I walk and my MIL watched me go through a couple contractions and they have changed their plans for the evening and are coming to stay with us so that they are there to take care of our DD just in case. 

Happy Labor vibes if you can spare them! (Elonwy, sending you anti labor vibes until you are all healed!)

Hope this turns into something painful and life changing...LOL

Good luck!.  I hope this is labor for you, but don't feel bad if not.

My EDD is tomorrow. Today at church I was astonished at the number of people who asked "When is the baby coming?" or "When is the big day?" As if I know!  When it's good and ready.  DD was born at 39+5 which would correspond to about now, but was in position for weeks.  This one, well.....

I have had a week and a half of prodromal labor with irregular contractions and baby is stubbornly along my right side with feet either to the left or pushing to the L of my belly button, which is definitely old.  I don't want a posterior baby but I gues we'll just have to see.  (And I've tried some inversions but am afraid to do them much d.t. nosebleeds.)  So just waiting here.   

Wife to DH, mom to DD1 energy.gif 9/06 and our new arrival DD2 femalesling.GIF 6/11

#9 of 49 Old 05-29-2011, 05:39 PM

I am here too. I was due May 22 (or May 19...depending on ultrasound). But.....I think I am going into labor soon. I just lost my plug and that usually indicates that I will go into labor. Not only that, but I am experiences waves of sleepiness. (my body tends to do this so I rest up before the birth). Sleep is always a big issue for me at th end and now, I can drop off to sleep very easily. It's quite nice:) In fact, today I took a 3 hr nap and it felt like it was minutes!! Still very sleepy sleepy and hopefully I will be able to drop off to sleep tonight and get in more shut-eye!

Wishing you all a fantasitc memorial day and I hope mine is very memorial!!

#10 of 49 Old 05-29-2011, 06:10 PM

come on, babies! except for you, elonwy ;) yours is waiting until the perfect time. antilabor vibes...goodvibes.gif

sure sounds like things are happening for some of you ladies! joy.gif

does anyone have sharp pain in the pubic bone? this is a new development for me. it isn't constant, just comes and goes.

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#11 of 49 Old 05-29-2011, 07:52 PM

Evergreen, Happy Due Date! Can't believe I'm still here and pg with you!

Elonwy I am SO sorry you're dealing with all that crap! hug2.gif Can't believe we both skipped over May 28th like it wasn't there. nut.gif AntiLVs for you!! goodvibes.gifFrustrating to go through so much preparation and then be possibly derailed by something so beyond your control!! :( Your attitude should help you relax and heal, I hope!

Camprunner, sorry you're in so much discomfort, and I hope things work out for the job!

Day, it's good to hear things are going well for you guys!

Gwendolyn, I hope things are moving along for you - I can't imagine being 10 days past edd, but for all I know I won't *have* to imagine it at this rate! :P

Atnightingale, I was so busy on my edd, and people kept asking when my due date was of course - telling them "today" certainly shocked and amazed some people! :)

Bhappy, I do get the odd sharp-ish pain in my pubic bone, but it depends on how I move - when I make a sidestep motion, is when it's the worst.

Cerise, painful and life-changing and POSITIVE labor vibes to you!! :)

Nothing new around here but the cats we brought home yesterday morning - we're probably insane, getting them right now, but ... we did. What the heck, new house, new job, new baby... might as well add to the madness, yeah? They're just so sweet, we couldn't leave them there once we saw them! So far they seem to be adjusting very well, but the one of them is in heat, the poor thing! So she's a basket case, but her appt with the vet to be spayed is Wed. I sanded down the changing table this morning and got it about half done with the painting. Odd day-after-my-due-date project, but I'm just now getting to it. Washed down the swing and pulled the seat cover off and washed and dried it. Didn't really plan to have a swing but it's one of the small, folding ones and it was given to me, so there it is. Washed the bassinet cover... also something I wouldn't have bought but it was loaned and I'm sure at some point I'm going to want to lay the baby down, right? AND... I finally packed for the birth center! And still nothing is going on. Just random contractions that definitely get my attention but don't seem to do much more. I thought I had some encouraging "cleansing" earlier, but not much going on to back that up! Today is the day I guessed for the birth, based on my first two children, and not so much! Apparently a brand new personality is about to descend upon us! It's funny - when you have two children it's easy to think of their two personalities being one of each of the two kinds of personalities there are in the world... kind of... or something. Obviously not really, but you know what I mean, right? :) Particularly silly considering I'm a third baby and my two older siblings are so different from me! It does make me think I've been misinterpreting this LO's general disposition all along though - and that's ok.

At this point I'll take Any ACTUAL Labor Vibes.. I'm no longer limiting myself to just the positive ones... ;) So "AA"LVs for me and Elonwy, just of two very different kinds!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#12 of 49 Old 05-29-2011, 09:01 PM

lizzie, I think kitties are awesome at any time, especially when they are rescues. Thanks for the vibes and good words. You can have all my labor vibes. goodvibes.gif

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#13 of 49 Old 05-30-2011, 04:32 AM

My vent

Okay, so here is some obvious advice....When 9 days overdue and experiencing frustrating, weepy insomnia...DO NOT go off to read birth stories and read about a placental abruption of a red-haired (same as me) mamma with 5 older(same as me) kids at a planned homebirth(like the one I'm planning) Do NOT read it when it says in the title the baby does not live.DO NOT read it when it's the same 3 hours of despair anyway that creepy things hold on to the brain.Do NOT read it TWICE!!!!!! Not a good idea.Just sayin.

Also, what is up with all the troubling birth stories on that forum here?Geez! I go to inspire myself with visions of beautiful births and one in 4 does NOT have a warning of some type! It's very distressing!

My Early Labor

Also, our bunny passed away yesterday and I am just feeling encompassed by bad omens.My attempts at clearing them out seem to invite more,and it's making me genuinely concerned,then upset and mad then weepy and feeling out of control,then obstinate, like I can control my own future but my own positive thinking.(If that were true, I would not have conceived this baby.) So clearly I'm having issues with control and acceptance.No wonder this baby is holding tight! I'm a mess! And it's not ALL just 3-6am insomnia talking.

My Transition

I have become a selfish, lazy, self-centered woman through this pregnancy.Somehow rationalizing that it was required for my own well-being.What a nasty trap! I thought I had addressed all this months ago, but apparently, not well enough.So I have to birth a new me, with more grace, more discipline, more compassion and more personal ethics, to mother and birth this baby.You know who I know that is like this?Women who have lost their baby's in the hours of birth or just after.I don't like the feeling of preparing about this.I want to belive this baby is perpetually alive and well and healthy.I want THAT baby so I can gloss over all these issues and chalk it up to hormonal imbalances in late pregnancy.I want a happy,healthy glowing babymoon.

I don't feel I have earned a happy healthy baby this time.I've been too selfish about things.That's the bottom line here.This baby is fine, It's me who's not.

THAT is why I didn't want to conceive again.

That is why I wanted to turn my back on the most beautiful part of my life-having babies.

So, why the selfishness?Why the abandonment of my greatest self?

1- peer pressure/lack of support/blending in

2-My required focus on non baby things like older adolescent children and reviving my marriage/learning to be a better wife, and the stress of a failing homeschool.

I spread myself too thin.I started making cuts, but I misjudged and cut the wrong areas.I opted for distraction rather that focus on the sacred, and most important things.

I relinquished my own personal authentic self.

It's no wonder I can't birth.I have not been available.

My Re-Birth

I AM a powerful woman.

I have the strength and ability,even talent to grow and birth beautiful,healthy children,AND be a good mother to each of my children,AND be a good wife, AND facilitate the best education for my children.

I will not give up this power for empty selfishness.I will guide this power to heal and find,even create the support I need.I can do this.I am fully capable of all required of me.I am up to the task.And I will succed by using what grace and wisdom I have, and by building on these strengths.

This baby is not an inconvenience or a mistake,it is a specific person, with a specific purpose, and I am this baby's Mother!.This birth is not a barrier.It is a door.

I am not held back by this experience, I am freed.No longer held by conventional constraints.No longer bound by conventional expectation,I sense my own potential.My children know this,and I have been a poor student of their teachings for too long.

I am too fortunate, and too blessed to be anything less.

MYSELF. welcomeback.gif

:::
#14 of 49 Old 05-30-2011, 06:51 AM

Thank you for sharing this journey. I feel so many similar things that it is very healing to read your words...I have also read that exact birth story and it scared the crap out of me...but I am thankful that it also told me a lot of the signs to look for if that should happen. 

Blessings to you and to your LO and whole family! 

You are a powerful woman and I affirm it and know it for you and me both!

#15 of 49 Old 05-30-2011, 03:42 PM

KIndRedSpirit

good advice...and I needed hear that because I have been scaring myself along with family members that see it fit to scare me also...I need to just be a good mommy and the baby will come.

#16 of 49 Old 05-30-2011, 03:47 PM

So, the midwife did a second sweep and some contractions started...but then petered out. Which in hindsight seems like a good thing.....

My Mw called to check on me and to let me know she cut her hand rather badly and needed stitches (right across the palm poor dear!)

So, a second mw will also be coming to the birth...which threw me off, but might be really neat to see two mw work together (though I am not sure how much I will really notice!). Usually I get  a mw and 1 or 2 doula/apprentice midwifes.

the second sweep was more intense and she said I was a stretchy 6...so obvioulsy something is going on. Maybe, I too busy to notice or since this isn't my first pregancy I tend to ignore a lot of the "ow ow's". Anywho, she also told me to take the rrl casules every 1 1/2 hours....Whoa, I am feeling a contraction...who knows maybe tonight.

#17 of 49 Old 05-31-2011, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

Ow. I'm in a lot of pain. My bed must have beat me up all night!

ceriserenee- Hoping that your contractions turned into something.

Gwen- it sounds like you are close even if you aren't in real labor yet. Maybe it will be an easy one.

lizzie- Yep, I'm in this with you, NOTHING is happening and I am on a schedule!! LOL. Babies just have to be difficult, huh?

I'm back to considering scheduling an induction. The nurse I like isn't working the day I want (June 6th) though. I guess we'll see where my head is at that point. I only have 6 weeks leave from work and I want to spend it all with the baby BUT I have to be back by July 18th no matter what to put in my two weeks notice because if I quit while on leave I have to pay back my disability. I also move into my new place August 1st and law school orientation is August 15th, so I have to get the kids set up with their new schools, unpack, etc. before that happens.

Plus I have two months to lose 40 lbs becaus we have to wear suits to orientation and my biggest suit is a size 3.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#18 of 49 Old 05-31-2011, 09:09 AM

WEll I'm having painful contractions that are spaced together about 3-5 minutes. Doula is on her way here, midwife is on notice, husband is packing the car. I am in the safe zone, thank god. All taht prodromal labor was nothing. These HURT. 

#19 of 49 Old 05-31-2011, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post

WEll I'm having painful contractions that are spaced together about 3-5 minutes. Doula is on her way here, midwife is on notice, husband is packing the car. I am in the safe zone, thank god. All taht prodromal labor was nothing. These HURT. 

Wooooh!!!! You will probably have a May baby after all! Good luck and hoping for an easy labor.

#20 of 49 Old 05-31-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post

I know you didn't want labor vibes...so now I will at least send Easy and Healthy vibes to you! Hopefully all will go well and can't wait to hear all about it!

't 

#21 of 49 Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 AM

AFM - All contractions stopped yesterday and then about 5am I had one very strong contraction that pushed the baby down even further...after that I have just been having off and on contractions, but nothing painful at all...just like BH contractions...but I can feel them on my cervix if that makes sense. DH and I DTD this morning (Sorry TMI) which usually stops the BH's because it relaxes me, but they are coming more frequently now...but I still think I am carrying a June baby...I don't feel like things are moving very fast, so I am being patient and today I am going to an afternoon lunch and cardgame with friends to relax and have a little fun!

Check back with you all soon :D 

#22 of 49 Old 05-31-2011, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceriserenee View Post

I know you didn't want labor vibes...so now I will at least send Easy and Healthy vibes to you! Hopefully all will go well and can't wait to hear all about it!

't 

Oh crap! I forgot. Are things cleared up? Hopefully the baby will come at the best possible time.

#23 of 49 Old 05-31-2011, 01:40 PM

So many possible births going on!YAY!Happy, healthy outcomes all around,mamma's!

Thanks for the positive feedback on my sorting-out post.:) It's just crazy to be in this mindframe(birth is any hour)for SO long!!!!!Having a good day today, my spirits are up, which, sadly is unusual,but we have sunshine!!!!!! I can send the kids outside!!!!!! I got the kitchen tidy, and am taking a break to have a Dr.Pepper with cramp bark....Talk about yin and Yang, right?It is what it is.:) Then I'm going back upstairs and cindarella style washing the floors.(all laminate and tile upstairs) THEN if I can muster it, I'm washing windows!

I'm 10 days over today, and have given birth on day 10 twice.My only other longest pregnancy was 13 days past edd,so let's see if we can get things moving and join in the birthing!

Wishing a good day to all.:)

#24 of 49 Old 05-31-2011, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck, KRS!!!!!!

I'm only 2 days over. Longest was 15, the other was 11, so I'm thinking about 6 or 8 would be perfect! I still have a lot to do but I'm kind of too miserable to do it so might as well have the baby.

I checked my cervix tonight and it's **** barely dilated but it's much more effaced. A few days ago it was about 0 percent and it's now about 60%.

#25 of 49 Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 PM

15 days!!!! Shoot! Also, Evergreen, listen to this, I have a daughter named Dylan (9) and a daughter named Eve (7)!!!!We have such similar taste in names!!!!

So, I'm having a little bloody show.Now, granted, I have already had a false labor with bloody show as the indicator, BUT the baby is decidedly lower this time.PLEASE turn into something!!!!!( but nothing serious until 1 am when dh will be home from work.) PLEEEEEASE!! :)

#26 of 49 Old 06-02-2011, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Shhhh...I'm in labor!!!!!

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

#27 of 49 Old 06-02-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

Shhhh...I'm in labor!!!!!

thumb.gif beautiful ! blessings on your birth. i hope to be right behind you !! love.gif

#28 of 49 Old 06-02-2011, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

thumb.gif beautiful ! blessings on your birth. i hope to be right behind you !! love.gif

Me too!

#29 of 49 Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Haven't had a contraction in an hour and a half. I guess I am not really in labor after all. But maybe I was getting some practice!

#30 of 49 Old 06-02-2011, 08:53 AM

Maybe just a break for breakfast, Evergreen? :)

I'm in pity party mode today.I'm tired of this not understanding what the hold up is, and I'm starting to worry about why so many false labors and so little progress.(cord tangles,etc....)Baby is moving regularly, just not seeming to efface,and tomorrow is the most pregnant I've been before.(well, tomorrow after 9:30 pm)Sat is officially 42 weeks,and so begin the drastic measures and serious inductions.I can feel the stress and worry from other people on my behalf,less calls, very little casual conversation....As if I were controlling the situation!!Oh, well, I guess NOW I'll have the baby.....cruel inatention to personal energy, people! I just don't want to do it anymore.I'm craving those after baby hormones.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page