June Roster and Intros - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 214 Old 10-16-2010, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey y'all. i know a few of you already. if this one sticks, due date will be june 28. i had a m/c 2 cycles ago, so fingers are crossed. i had a beta and p4 drawn yesterday.

i'm 42. i have a 12 yo dd, a 14 yo ds, and twin 22 yo ds's- one is in law school, and the other one graduates from undergrad in december! almost exactly one year ago, i married an amazing man who does not have any kids. so we are giving it a try.

best wishes everybody!

jamie

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#122 of 214 Old 10-16-2010, 08:31 PM

Hi all! I'm Beth, also known on other forums as Nachomama (it was taken when I signed up here). After a few months of trying, I recently got a positive test. So, baby #2 is looking like late June. We have a son, 2.5 years old. DH and I have been together 7.5 years, married 4.5. I'm a SAHM, but I watch kids part time for extra income. I love to knit. I'm super involved with my local parenting group, Connected Parenting (we recently split from Attachment Parenting International to become our own not-for-profit group, but we're still based on those principles. The ladies on those forums are the only other people who know about the pregnancy. I lost my first pregnancy early on, so I'm a little gun shy. Trying to figure out when I should tell DS. I'm looking forward to being a participant in this DDC. I was a mere lurker last time (2/08).

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#123 of 214 Old 10-17-2010, 11:46 AM

Hi mammas!
I am Sarah, Mommy to three kids, 2 girls ages 5 and 3 and a boy aged 16 months. He will be 2 years old the week before baby next joins us.
We enjoyed our last births so much because it was a home birth with a great midwife. We are planning on working with her again.

This baby was a bit of a surprise to us... we wanted more but were hoping to wait another year.

Honestly I am still trying to wrap my head around this pregnancy.

Joining this DDC feels nice since I don't really want to tell any of our family and friends about our pregnancy.
I had just gotten to a place in our family where it seemed like I could start thinking about myself a little more. I just got a lovely part time job that excites me and had been making efforts to go out and see some old friends without toting my little ones along. I was thinking about joining a volleyball team too. Also, I just got into the best shape of my entire life and was excited about finally going shopping for some clothes that actually fit me.

Feeling a little selfish for wanting to have some independence and time for myself and having a hard time getting excited about this baby. *guilty*
Trying to find myself in this sea of dutiful giving that I do.

Love, Sarah
#124 of 214 Old 10-17-2010, 05:31 PM

Hi Ladies,

My name is Holly and I'm due in early June. This will be baby #2 and we're planning a homebirth.

I'd love if the nausea and emotions would bugger off so I can better enjoy this pregnancy

Looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next few months!!
#125 of 214 Old 10-17-2010, 09:17 PM

Tentatively tiptoeing in to join after a very positive test.

I have an almost 3 year old daughter at home, this little one will be our 2nd, and if all goes well will be arriving in late June/early July...LMP dating is June 24.

Really excited, happy, and still in shock!

Mama to one darling and wild 3 year old, and growing a tiny new June Bean.
#126 of 214 Old 10-18-2010, 12:13 AM

Hi, I'm Rebecca. I'm due in late June with my third. I have 2 daughters who are 3 and 5. We homeschool them and I'm so lucky to be a SAHM mom!

My daughters were both natural hospital births with midwives. #1 I had to do a lot of snapping at personnel to keep their hands and their monitors off of me and their needles out of my baby.#2 crowned in the hallway and was born quickly in a triage room while the nurse tried to take my shirt off in case I had to have an emergency c-section?? Both births were beautiful, intense, and had a lot of humorous moments, but I would have been happier without the hospital staff there. #3 we plan to have at home, where the peace is! Seriously considering a UC and DP is totally on board and excited about a UC.

Right now we are turning our current home into a duplex to rent it out. We're remodeling most of our other house, which has been a rental, so we can move into it next month. And we are in the process of opening a brew pub in our city, Urbana, IL. So we are very busy and everything is covered in construction dust!

Congrats everyone. Hope you can keep your food down for the next few weeks.

Home birthing, extended bf, homeschooling, vegan lifestyle-living massage therapist mama to Grrl 1 (12/11/04), Grrl 2 (2/15/07), Grrl 3 (6/23/11), and ?! (10/14). Backpacking, kayaking, shoestring traveling adrenaline junky--I love talking all night around the campfire and drinking great craft beer!
treehugger.gif
#127 of 214 Old 10-18-2010, 05:30 PM

Hi! I'm Kelly. I just found out I'm pregnant with our third! I have a 5yr old dd and a 20month old ds. My husband is finishing up his degree in December, so this is our 1st baby without him being in school fulltime and working fulltime! Very exciting. We didn't planning on having another baby quite yet, but I am excited! My due date is June 23rd, which just happens to be my dad's birthday! Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Wife to D (12/03) and totally smitten Mama to DD (4/05) DS (2/09) and expecting DD#2  6/23/11
#128 of 214 Old 10-18-2010, 07:27 PM
fjc

Hi Everyone!

I'm due June 12th with #3 (was 2 weeks early with #1 and 8 days over with #2 so hopefully, #3 will be close to due date!)

I've been married for 8 years and we have DD 4.5 and DS almost 2.5. I had no problems conceiving and had good pregnancies with both kiddos. We had planned to start TTC in Sept but I had a surprise BFP in April 2010.

The same day I found out that I was accepted into midwifery school (4 yrs fulltime!), I found out that I was pregnant. I chose to delay midwifery school for a few years and enjoy the next few years with the wee ones. I then had a miscarriage in early June. I think it was the universe's way of saying "wait on your intense schooling" as being pregnant would've been, and was, the only thing that would've stopped me from going to school.

This time around, I'm feeling very pregnant (wasn't at all last time) which is a good thing (relatively speaking!). I'm really excited to be joining this DDC. I'm taking courses that will be transfer credits for when I reapply for midwifery school so hopefully, the anatomy and physiology I'm learning will be much more interesting as I enjoy the adventure of what's going on in my own body.

SAHM (32) Married to DH (32). Loving my DD ('06), DS ('08), and DD ('11)

#129 of 214 Old 10-18-2010, 08:45 PM

Hi all,

Just found out I'm up the duff with number 1, due on June 3 apparently. First bub and the thought of going through childbirth scares the crap out of me! Just looking to make sure I'm not alone really. Cheers.

K
#130 of 214 Old 10-19-2010, 01:46 AM

Congratulations to everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlygirlkicksbutt View Post
the thought of going through childbirth scares the crap out of me!

No worries. Birth is wonderful!

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#131 of 214 Old 10-19-2010, 02:08 AM

this is #4 for us. Due late June. I posted an intro to the regular group before I knew this thread existed

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

#132 of 214 Old 10-19-2010, 03:20 AM

This is our 4th little one. Due June 19th. We have a 7yo ds, 5yo dd and 21 mos ds. We are planning a homebirth, hopefully in the water. My last baby was a planned homebirth with our midwife, but he was born in 30 minutes from start to finish and unassisted about a week before his due date. So, I'm wondering what this labor and birth will be like. Totally excited to be here and praying I get to stay.

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#133 of 214 Old 10-19-2010, 03:30 AM

hi
i got a few positive tests now so i guess i will come join you all?
i think my estimated due date is 26th
i have an almost 3 year old son who was 2 weeks and a day after the estimated due date though so we will see. maybe i will hang out here and with july?

my son was a homebirth and i hope this baby will also be a homebirth. i emailed a midwife today and am waiting for a reply and have one other midwife to contact.

not sure what else to say so will leave it at that

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#134 of 214 Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 AM

Hi Mamas!

I'm MrsBub -- 28 year old, SAHmama to DS1 who is 9 months old. We expect his little brother or sister to arrive on June 1, 2011. (I'm guessing that will actually mean the end of May, but we'll see!)

Congratulations to everyone!

loving mr bub, our baby boy bub (1/2010) and excitedly expecting (6/2011)!!
#135 of 214 Old 10-19-2010, 12:23 PM

I'm Kim, I am 42 and I am 6 weeks pregnant... Due in Mid-June.

I have a 16 year old, a 13 year old and an almost 7 year old. We were in the middle of the adoption process, approved and starting to search for a child, when I got a positive test. To say I am shocked is an understatement! We've been open to a baby since our youngest was born and it never happened, so I didn't see this coming at all.

The older 2 were hospital births. Younger dd was a homebirth, as will this one.

I am a SAHM, I homeschool the kids.

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#136 of 214 Old 10-19-2010, 01:21 PM

Hi i'm Rachel
I married my high school sweetheart. Married for 8 but together for 12 years. We have two children; Angelina (6) and Vincent (3) and we are expecting our third EDD June 23. I was over due with both of my kids so I may give birth in early July. I am a registered nurse in the ER and work the night shift. We live in California and just bought our first home last November. Super excited to be pregnant and to be here
#137 of 214 Old 10-20-2010, 03:02 PM

Hello everyone! I'm so happy to be joining you all.

My name is Kristin and I have a 14 month DS. I just found out I was expecting #2, and it was a bit of a surprise since DH and I were loosely TTA (apparently, very loosely ) We are due June 24, but my DS came early (at 36 weeks) so, I'm hopeful that I will make it to June, and even more hopeful I'll make it close to June 24.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know all of you. Here's to nine healthy happy months and wonderful babes!

Kristin , married to DH , mama to DS 8/4/09 and EDD 6/24/11
#138 of 214 Old 10-21-2010, 03:56 AM

Hi everyone,
I just got a bfp today and am also joining y'all !!! So excited and happy! I am 41 , and my due date for this baby is June 28th!

Mommy to one adorable little boy and expecting another little bundle of joy in June 2011
#139 of 214 Old 10-21-2010, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi mamas since I have posted in the DDC, I suppose it would be nice to introduce myself

This is baby #3 for us. I had a m/c last year that was very difficult to get over, so for the next few weeks, I am remaining cautiously optimistic that this bean sticks. I have 2 sons who are almost 7 and 4 years old. We have not told anyone yet, and may tell family next weekend on my birthday.

My edd is 6/7/10, which is 5 days before ds2s birthday!

hmmmm. What else? We have 3 dogs, 3 cats. We are a veg family. I had a homebirth with ds2, but will probably use a birth center this time. My midwife does not do homebirth anymore And there are only 2 hb midwives in my area. One of them does not come highly recommended, and I witnessed this first hand with a friend that used her. The other lives about 90 minutes away, not sure if I am comfortable with that. My midwife helped me through my m/c and I feel fairly loyal and comfortable with her, and our birth center is absolutely beautiful, with big ole birthing tubs and everything......

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!

Sarah

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#140 of 214 Old 10-21-2010, 05:31 PM

Hey everyone,

BFP today! Due time late June! June 28-30 would be the due dates (slight variation depending on how you count).

I'm 32, full time yoga teacher (specializing in prenatal/postnatal yoga). First time I've been pregnant, and just got married May 30 You might imagine that personally and professionally, I'm ecstatic.

No symptoms at all. I had all my typical PMS symptoms this past week, so I was prepared for a negatory, but it was quite surely positive.

Cutest story - we'd taken a test a few months ago, when I was having a wacky long cycle and thought perhaps I was pregnant. My hubby was so disappointed, so I was more worried about a negative for his sake than mine! He was busy getting ready, and I took an internet cheapie test (one of the 10 cent sticks - first time trying those). I gave him a hug when I set the kitchen timer, and then went back to peer at the test. He gave me a pained and sad look - I think because I was so subdued he was sure it was negative. I said, "I think it might be positive." His eyes lit up and he rushed over, and for the next 10 minutes we analyzed 4 cheap tests. We decided that I should go get a digital to make sure we weren't misreading. He was at work when I got that positive, and it was so awesome to talk to him and hear how happy he was. Yay!!

Now just hoping it sticks, and that I can keep a secret from everyone else!
#141 of 214 Old 10-21-2010, 11:54 PM

officially joining here, having posted a few times. i'm hilary, age 35, expecting #2 in mid June. ds is 21 mos old now. married to dh for 3 years. eeeek. have not told anyone IRL except one friend who is also due in June and told me. i do NOT feel pregnant at all and would take another test but i'm too cheap to buy one having gotten one positive and no period. when preg w/ds, i didn't write anything on my ddc, so forgive me if i disappear at some point, but so far i've been checking in with you all pretty regularly so we'll see.
#142 of 214 Old 10-22-2010, 11:43 AM

tentatively posting. received a bfp on our 4th anniv. last week. we must have conceived the 1st time we stopped using protection (no ppaf so who knows). i have had some spotting (as well as a previous m/c before ds). i keep checking my betas and they keep escalating. (14,000 last week-46,000 most recently). after i get the beta #s i feel confident, but then i spot and 2nd guess myself. so :fingerscrossed for a sticky baby.
ds was suppose to be a planned hb, but he was 2 weeks late and was induced and sectioned at the hospital after 37 hours of pain-med free pitocin labor. he was op.
we are hoping for a hbac. edd is 6/15, but i bet i will go about 2 weeks after.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#143 of 214 Old 10-22-2010, 03:23 PM

I'm Erin-mom to Ari (71/2) & Eli (4 1/2).
My EDD is June 29-Ari was 13 days early and Eli was about a week early...so
I am nervous as I have had 2 m/c in the last year.
Just trying to stay positive, talk to the little bean & tell her to stick!
HER because my family desparately needs a girl-there are 6 grandchildren and ALL are boys!
SO thrilled to be here

Erin-doula and mama to Ari Beat (4/7/03) and Eli Roots (3/27/06) angel.gif 6/09 angel.gif 10/09 and sweet Bodhi (6/25/11). Now growing #4 who we will meet in October joy.gif
#144 of 214 Old 10-22-2010, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been posting, but haven't officially joined yet. So here I go.

My name is Crystal and my EDD is June 26, 2010. I'm expecting the baby to be late, but we'll see. But I don't see myself keeping up with two DDCs, so I figure I'll just stay put even if I actually birth in July!

I have one DS who is 3 years old. He was born 7/12/07. I have one . I guess that's why I was hesitant to officially join. But I want to celebrate this baby no matter what!

I'm hoping that this will be my first hb and there are so many hb veterans it seems in this DDC. I'm hoping to use this 9 months to learn from your experiences.

I run a licensed home daycare, so life is pretty busy for me all the time. I'm supporting the family while DH attends school full-time. He left a dead end career field this year to make a change for the better. So he's currently working on nursing prereqs and will eventually get his BSN and then likely his PA. So it's going to be a long road. I will likely take a 6 week maternity leave and then be back in business. I'm still not sure how I'm going to have the energy for this, but I guess I'll figure it out when I get there!

We're very very excited to be expecting though as we've been trying since our m/c in January 2009. Finally some progesterone and a hypothyroid diagnosis and treatment did the trick for us!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#145 of 214 Old 10-22-2010, 04:47 PM

Hi all - I'm Christine and I'm due June 11th. I have a 4 year old who has been hoping for a brother or sister for a long time. As my last pregnancy did was not smooth (water broke at 25 weeks, spent 1 very long month on hospital bed rest and delivered my son at 29 weeks) I will be the hospital-bound one

Mother to one wonderful 5 year old son and another on the way, caretaker of dogs, cats, chickens and worms. EDD 12/11/2011

#146 of 214 Old 10-22-2010, 06:55 PM

Hi all! I'm Hannah, due late June with #2. Planning our second homebirth

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

#147 of 214 Old 10-22-2010, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies. Sorry it's taken so long to get this updated. I just got internet access back after the fire and moving to a new place. I think it's all updated to here, but my sister has been talking to me the entire time so if you see anything wrong please let me know! I did have a few questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeabroad View Post
Hi! My name is Allison and I am due on June 23rd!
Is this your first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplify4balance View Post
Hi mammas!
I am Sarah, Mommy to three kids, 2 girls ages 5 and 3 and a boy aged 16 months. He will be 2 years old the week before baby next joins us.
We enjoyed our last births so much because it was a home birth with a great midwife. We are planning on working with her again.

This baby was a bit of a surprise to us... we wanted more but were hoping to wait another year.

Honestly I am still trying to wrap my head around this pregnancy.

Joining this DDC feels nice since I don't really want to tell any of our family and friends about our pregnancy.
I had just gotten to a place in our family where it seemed like I could start thinking about myself a little more. I just got a lovely part time job that excites me and had been making efforts to go out and see some old friends without toting my little ones along. I was thinking about joining a volleyball team too. Also, I just got into the best shape of my entire life and was excited about finally going shopping for some clothes that actually fit me.

Feeling a little selfish for wanting to have some independence and time for myself and having a hard time getting excited about this baby. *guilty*
Trying to find myself in this sea of dutiful giving that I do.

Love, Sarah
What should I put for your due date?

Congratulations and welcome to all who have joined! I hope to have some time to get back on and connect with you all again SOON!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#148 of 214 Old 10-23-2010, 02:41 PM

OK, I'll be brave and officially join. I'm trying to practice positive thinking here. My unofficial due date is June 25, but my HCG has been on the low end for being that far along (though doubling nicely). My progesterone is also low, but I think that might be because my DD has been a nursing fiend lately--thanks, 2-year molars! I've been hesitant to join only to have to back out again right away, but I'm going to be optimistic.

This baby is #2 for us. We have a 2-year-old DD who will turn 3 shortly after this baby is due. I hope to get to stick around and get to know all of you!

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
#149 of 214 Old 10-24-2010, 08:56 PM

Hi ladies,

I have to drop out of this DDC, unfortunately. I went in Friday for an emergency laparoscopy to have a unilateral twin tubal ectopic pregnancy removed. The doctor tells me that both ovaries are still good and that the one tube can actually pick up eggs from either ovary in the future, so we'll start trying again when we've recovered emotionally. I should be out of bed in a week or so. Keep me in your prayers and I'll be thinking of you ladies in June!

~Raqui/Mommel

Moo.

#150 of 214 Old 10-25-2010, 03:25 PM

Hi! I’m 30 and my partner is 37. I feel like a bit of an anomaly on here because we are not married, and have actually only been together for 1 year (in early November!). We are both super excited about this little one, our first, who is due around June 15. I can’t pinpoint the due date because I have irregular cycles but that’s the best approximation. I am going as natural as possible with this pregnancy. My mom used to be a midwife (before legalization/medicalization of midwifery here in BC!) so I have a calm, relaxed and joyous approach to this pregnancy. After lots of research I am planning on no ultrasounds and a homebirth (and am already being challenged about my decisions)! I’m looking forward to meeting some likeminded mommas!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page