June Roster and Intros - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 214 Old 11-17-2010, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Finally willing to test the waters a little -

I'm Nonny, and I'm due, with twins, on 6/2.  Since I'm likely to deliver early, I probably will post in both the May & June DDCs, but so far, I've mostly been lurking.  These babies will be my first (and second!), and seem to be healthy and thriving.  After years of dealing with TTC, infertility, and loss, it's pretty tough to believe that it's really happening.  The nausea and tighter pants are pretty convincing, though.

Anyway, I'm lousy at intros, but I'm happy to be here, and hello!

#182 of 214 Old 11-18-2010, 01:33 AM

WELCOME!  And sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for this season!  We too went through infertility treatments 8 years ago (unexplained secondary) but our didn't work so we gave up and adopted 5.5 years ago.  And now here I am unexpectedly pregnant.

msrog likes this.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#183 of 214 Old 11-18-2010, 05:34 PM

Hello all!

I'm Beth, 27 year old country girl trapped in NYC with my husband of 2 years, K-dubs.  We are presently 9 1/2 weeks along with our first child, EDD June 20th.

I'm excited/scared/excited/scared/queezy/excited/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Congrats to all of you!

#184 of 214 Old 11-21-2010, 10:10 PM

Hello.  I'm Savannah.  I'm due with #5 on June 1.  My other kids are: son 12, boy/girl twins 6, son 2.

#185 of 214 Old 11-22-2010, 12:11 PM

Hi, I'm Clare. On the couch for now, waiting for the end of morning sickness. When I am off the couch, I feel much better and enjoy being with my 5 year old dd and my husband of 10 years and doing my latest love, trapeze, and sunsets, long walks...

I tried to conceive for a while with my first. Attended a birth and a week later I was pregnant. When dd was 3, we were both present at a dear friend's birth, and not wanting another, I was careful. When she had her 2nd, in September, a beautiful waterbirth attended by a midwife, her husband, and me, I threw caution to the wind that cycle, and here I am. So, apparently, that is the magic for me.

I think I'm due June 24th, by my watch, anyway.

I personally think I had a glorious birth with dd, but many people cringe to hear about it. I was in labor 64 hours (active labor for 20) and separated my pubic bone when I pushed her out (both hands over her head). I couldn't walk for almost 2 months. To me, as exhausting as it was, the slow labor allowed me lots of breathing time in between contractions and I felt I really got to experience it. The pain of the separated pubic bone was agony, but having this joyful bundle brought my focus else where and she and I spent 2 months laying in bed together, which I recommend!

I am not sure where I will birth this new being, dd was wonderfully born at a great birth center, but it has undergone some changes. I would love to birth at home, but not wanting to do it unassisted, I am not sure I can bear the expense.

O.k. Now to nap.

#186 of 214 Old 11-29-2010, 02:03 PM

Hello, 

I was here way too early and now coming to the party late.  My name's Allison, I'm 33 and expecting my first child on June 22nd.  It's all very exciting, overwhelming, and strangely normal.  My husband and I got married in May after 6 or so years together, and we're both very excited about this new adventure unfolding in our lives. 

Also, if you happen to be in the Albany NY/Columbia County area I'd be mighty glad to know you. 

#187 of 214 Old 12-01-2010, 10:51 AM

Hello everyone! 

I'm Nikie, I've been married for 3 years, and I'm pregnant with our first. I'm due 6/21, just in time for our 4th anniversary.  I'm kinda late to the party because I didn't want to jinx anything... but I'm 10 weeks today, and things have been going swimmingly.  I haven't had any morning sickness (which, perverse as it might sound, actually worried me a bit), just tired all the time and GIANT boobs that I don't know what to do with.  My dh and I are terrified and thrilled to have gotten ourselves into this. 

#188 of 214 Old 12-01-2010, 07:22 PM

I'd like to introduce myself since I have been lurking here lately.  My EDD is July 1, and I have joined the July board, but sometimes it is nice to hear from people a little bit ahead of me on this exciting journey!  My first doctor's appt is tomorrow.  I am nervous and excited!  Things seem to be going well as far as I can tell!

DH and I expecting our first EDD 6/30/11! 
#189 of 214 Old 12-02-2010, 06:19 AM

Guess I should stop lurking....

I'm 28, and this will be my first.  We're both pretty excited, but still haven't told our families (we're waiting to have a real visit with the midwife next week!).  We're hoping to go home birth, but it depends a little on the insurance question.

Hmmm, what else...I've calculated by due date to be about 6/15, but I was born 2 weeks late and my siblings were late too, so who knows!  We decided to start trying when we did because I'm in my last year of nursing school and will graduate in May, then stay home with the little person a few months and then go to work.

#190 of 214 Old 12-02-2010, 07:09 AM

I must confess that I too am a lurker. I'm 36 and expecting my first on 6/29 (10 weeks yesterday). I've had two miscarriages this year so I've been very cautious with my emotions but I take solace in the fact that my morning sickness (which is actually all day nausea) is in full force and everything went well at our last ultrasound. Oh yeah married to my DH for three years but been together fifteen and enjoying living on a mountain with our dogs.

#191 of 214 Old 12-02-2010, 07:36 AM

Hi,

I'm Kara, 32 years old, due June 27 with my very first!  Matt and I are getting married in ten days (it's a secret!  We would elope, but we are 3: he has a five year old daughter...).  Lots and lots going on, and I'm relieved that you all understand that.  Also grateful for intelligent feedback while I make some big decisions.  Looking forward to spending the next 7 months in good company!

Ps- Can anyone tell me how to create one of those adorable signature lines- I love them!  Thanks!

#192 of 214 Old 12-04-2010, 06:24 PM

Wow! This is a HUGE DDC!!!  How exciting!

I am Tracy, pregnant with #3 and due June 26th.  My first was a c-section, my 2nd was a HBAC and I am hoping for another homebirth with this one.  My husband and I have been married for 5 years (and are on #3 - we don't waste any time smile.gif).  I am a RN but currently unemployed and enjoying being a SAHM.  I was just about to start looking for a job when the surprise of this pregnancy came, so I am just going to put that on the back-burner for the next oh, I'd say, 5 years or so!

I look forward to sharing this pregnancy with all the June mamas!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#193 of 214 Old 12-05-2010, 03:09 AM

Hi Mamas, congratulations!!

My love and I are pregnant with our first sweet pea, due in early June. I've worked in birth for years, first as a doula and homebirth assistant and for the past three years as a nurse. I have helped babies be born in NYC, Guatemala, California and the Navajo Indian Reservation but being pregnant myself is a totally new experience! I am smitten already and I empathize so much more with all the mamas that I care for. It's beautiful to be on the other side of it. And nice to have community too :)

We are planning a homebirth, here in AZ or in San Diego if we end up moving. Just had our first prenatal visit last week and heard the little heartbeat! We both think it's a girl, have had several girl dreams but who knows.

So nice to meet everyone!

: ) K

treehugger.gifIn love with dh and mama to dd, born at home 6/3/2011 stillheart.gif

#194 of 214 Old 12-05-2010, 08:59 PM

i've just this week been broadcasting our news, so it must be time to pipe up here as well.  my husband and i met in 1995 and were together for most of the years since, but only married in 07. our son is 2.5 years old and we are expecting in mid/late june. my son was an unplanned c-section and i'm planning for a HBAC this time around - not quite looking forward to defending my decision to the more conventional-birth-outlook people in our lives but i am trying to come up with a good way to shut down naysayers :)

#195 of 214 Old 12-07-2010, 02:21 PM

Hello everyone!  We're expecting this baby late May, early June.  This will be # 3 for us and our first homebirth!!  

#196 of 214 Old 12-09-2010, 12:40 PM

Hi all,

After 1.5 year of TTC and one first trimester loss we are happily expecting baby #2 in late June/early July.  I'm showing up here late to the game because I've been hanging out in the July DDC, but after the first ultrasound last week my midwife thinks I'm two weeks farther along than I do!  We'll let our baby decide the actual due date, so I'll probably lurk in both DDC's.

I'm a 27 year-old, full-time engineer with a marvelous stay-at-home-dad husband and one chatterbox of a toddler.  We were high-school sweethearts (how cheesy is that?) and have been together 11 years and married for 8.  I had a successful drug-free birth with #1 and am hoping for the same this time around.  However, this time I plan on getting a doula and doing the Hypnobabies Home Study Course, because birth was a little too overwhelming for me last time.

Lovin my SAHD DH and 2 kiddos

#197 of 214 Old 12-09-2010, 03:47 PM

Also late to the party, but due mid-June. Baby #3 for me though 6th overall, and pregnancy #5. Long story short--mine, mine, surro-daughter, surro-twins, and now my new babe.

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#198 of 214 Old 12-13-2010, 08:50 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to MDC and new to pregnancy. This is my first baby and I'm currently 13 weeks along. I am due June 20th 2011. :)

#199 of 214 Old 12-15-2010, 08:15 AM

*pops in* Due late june, so might be a july one, considering I went two weeks over with my first. Been a bit cautious about indulging in this pregnancy after an early misscariage this summer. But I should be reasonably safe now I figure. Plus, I got to have an early ultrasound to calm my worries a bit. The impling is indeed very alive and kicking.

#200 of 214 Old 12-21-2010, 08:10 AM

Hi everyone! I'm another newbie to MDC and pregnancy. I am due June 22 with my first, and I am currently 14 weeks along. Thanks for having me!

#201 of 214 Old 12-31-2010, 10:49 AM

Hi everyone!  My name is Larissa and I am due with #2 in "early June" lets just say.  I think my due date by lmp is actually May 28 or so, but our DD was 16 days over so I am going with "early June."  Our DD is 2 years old, will be 3 in August.

I work part-time and at home with my daughter part-time. We are in Canada.

My DD's birth was a very traumatic emergency c-section.  This time we are planning a VBAC at home, so an HBAC.

I am brand new to MDC and will have to check other forums for HBAC information!

I see there are others that are still feeling sick....my nausea was just awful for the first 16 weeks or so, and is finally tapering off now at 19 weeks....thank goodness.  I am so ready for the 2nd trimester good times!

Congratulations, June mamas!

#202 of 214 Old 01-01-2011, 08:16 PM

Hello all! I'm coming in a little bit late, I hope that's okay.

My name is Jenni and I'm 31 years old. I'm a single mom with an almost 12 y/o son and a 10 1/2 y/o daughter. I also have a daughter who is 16 months old who was placed for adoption at birth. I'm currently expecting baby number 4 in mid-June. The official date is the 15th, but I'm not obsessed with the due date like most people seem to be. I'm a full-time nursing student halfway through my first year of clinicals. Baby's daddy is sort of in the picture, at this point I think he's trying to ignore the fact that I'm pregnant but planning to step in after baby is born and be daddy. It makes  no sense to me, so I'm just ignoring him and doing what I feel like needs to be done since I don't really need the extra stress.

It hasn't been that long since I was pregnant, so that part isn't new to me after so much time. However, the new baby thing is going to be hard for me to adjust to! I am blessed that my kids are excited about adding a new brother or sister to the family and they want to help out.

So far I don't know the baby's sex, but I'm sure that there is a girl baby in there.  :)  I'm hoping to know for sure at my sono on the 19th so I can plan (and shop!) better.

I've had some mostly constant nausea that has helped me lose 26 pounds since September, but thankfully not a lot of actual throwing up. The nausea has started to abate the last week or so, and I'm looking forward to being able to eat again! I'm HUNGRY!

My last birth was a c-section because she was breech and the OB wouldn't/didn't attempt a version. This time I'm seeing midwives and going for a VBAC in the hospital. I really really really wanted a HBAC, but my insurance doesn't cover it and I literally do NOT have the funds to pay out of pocket for everything.

Right now my biggest challenge is to try and find a name that we can all agree on!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#203 of 214 Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 AM

Hi there, I'm Dena and this is our first! We are over the moon. Our due date is June 3rd, though from everythign I've read I realize it could be a May baby or a mid-June baby!

We've elected not to find out the sex before birth and I'm working with the staff of midwives at our local birth center. I am really hoping to stay low-risk and healthy throughout this pregnancy so that I can give birth there; would really like to avoid the hospital at all costs.

Am really glad to have found this resource.

#204 of 214 Old 01-04-2011, 12:13 PM

Hi my name is Suazie.  This is my second pregnancy and I am due on June 17th.  My husband and I have one DD who is 18 months old.  I had a long but not very painful ( think it was all the Red Raspberry Tea) and drug-free birth with DD.  Hoping for water birth with this one.  We didn't find out the sex with DD and it was fun!  I wanted to find out the sex of this baby but DH doesn't want to know...so we'll see!

#205 of 214 Old 01-04-2011, 12:19 PM

Welcome and congrats!!

Beloved of Chris since 12/31/08. Missing our sweet Persephone Grace 5/24/11 - 5/26/11 angel3.gif So much love baby girl, so much love.

#206 of 214 Old 01-04-2011, 03:18 PM

Hi!  I had introduced myself quickly in another thread a while back, but am coming back for an official introduction now.  I'm Jenny and have a wonderful 4-year-old son.  My new little one is due on June 27th!!  DP and I are starting to get very excited.  At first it didn't seem real.  I really had no symptoms at all, and I've had some stress in life that didn't allow me to give this pregnancy my full attention.  After finally finding the CNM that delivered my son, we got to hear the baby's heartbeat a couple of weekends ago.  After hearing that, it became more real.  I'm looking forward to focusing on the positive things in my life and this new little summer baby!

Mama to my 4-year-old lil' man and with a new little one on the way.
#207 of 214 Old 01-18-2011, 12:56 PM

i updated to here. i think. it was slow going. 

everyone is welcome to visit the wiki and check/correct your info or post here and i'll do it for you. 

love.gif

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#208 of 214 Old 01-18-2011, 01:06 PM

Sorry I posted a new thread didn't know we had a roster thread......

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is brenda and prego with my second child, another boy, due date is June 1st. However my 20 week US showed May 30..so I'm on the cusp of may/june. I am planning a homebirth with this child and looking forward to it. Some stuff about me....We CD at home and sometimes out. It's hard because i'm one of the only ones around here that CD's so if it's at church or a sitter we use sposies.. We do not vacc. We will be homeschooling. I Babywear. I am a SAHM. We will be BF this child longer hopefully. DS weaned around 10 months. And I try to make most of our food items from scratch at home using locally grown ingredients. DH and I have been married for 5 1/2 years (I've known him for almost 11) um I think that's about it!!!  Just wanted to say Hi as i'll be in here now and then!

Here's a picture of me, my husband Rudy and son Isaiah!

41016_416824996651_614651651_5323024_6220529_n.jpg

Me-Brenda (wife as of 10/9/2005 and SAHM), DH-Rudy, DS-Isaiah 3/2009, DS-Micah 5/2011. We are a BF, Baby wearing, non-vacc, future homeschooling, homebirthing , traditional, family. The center of our home is Christ .

#209 of 214 Old 01-18-2011, 06:29 PM

I guess I haven't posted on here yet!  Sorry I'm late!

My name is Corey and I've been married for three years.  We have a one year old son Aidan who we adore.  I'm a stay at home mom (though a biochemist by education) and my hubby is an engineer.  We're due June 12 but Aidan came eight days early, so we'll see...

Had the big sonogram today but we're going to be surprised on the sex!  Hoping for our first home birth as long as everything goes well. 

Married to Matt (10/13/07).  Mom of DS Aidan ('09) and expecting in June '11.  nocirc.gifdelayedvax.gifHope to fly-by-nursing2.giflove babywearing femalesling.GIF and so does dh_malesling.GIF!   familybed1.gif until I got pregnant (and too exhausted to wake up every 1-2 hours!)    Hoping for ahomebirth.jpg this time around.  We cloth diaper 100% and are interested in homeschooling.
#210 of 214 Old 01-26-2011, 11:39 AM

Hi everyone! I'm Leisha and my DH and I are expecting our first together on June 5th. I have an amazing stepdaughter who is 4 (constantly reminding me that she's ALMOST 5 haha). I'm vegan and currently in school for yoga teacher training and reflexology. I started this pregnancy with an OB and switched to a midwife at a birth center at about 12 weeks. I'm feeling so much better about the decision to go with a "non traditional" (haha) natural birth with low interventions throughout the pregnancy! It just feels right to me, and I believe we all know what's best for our own bodies. We opted out of the 20 week ultrasound and are waiting til the birth to find out the sex of the baby. We are planning to cloth diaper, co-sleep, baby wear, and breastfeed for as long as possible. I work from home with flexible hours so I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll be able to continue to work and also be home with baby!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page