June Roster and Intros - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 214 Old 09-28-2010, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I made the roster into a wiki.  This way we should all be able to add ourselves and make changes.  So go ahead and introduce yourself here, then go to:  http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/june-2011-ddc-roster to see the full June 2011 roster!  I hope it works...if you can't change the wiki, PM me and I can change it for you.  Or PM a mod and see what's up!

I did ask our mod to put this link up on top of our forum but I have not heard back yet.

:)  Happy and Healthy 9 months to all!  :)

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#2 of 214 Old 09-28-2010, 05:09 PM

Hi!!

I'm Elizabeth. My husband and I have been married for 7 years and have 2 daughters, ages 6 and 3. They keep us very, very busy ... esp. the 3 y/o! I work full-time as an admin. assistant and my husband is a lab assistant in a tech. school welding shop. We live next door to my parents on family land which we are working to build into a small farm. We have 21 chickens right now, with plans to add dairy animals and pigs soon.

I got my bfp on Thursday too, and my edd is also 6/1/11. I tend to go late, though, so I'm just telling people "June ..."

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#3 of 214 Old 09-28-2010, 05:20 PM

I'm Emily. I am due May 29 so I don't know where I'll be. My last baby was due Sept. 28 and came October 9 so I did the two DDC thing then too.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#4 of 214 Old 09-28-2010, 05:48 PM

Hi everyone,
my name is Ruth. I have been married for 3 years and we have a daughter who is turning two this week (we didn't wait long after getting married)

We tried planning this sibling to time with the school vacations (hubby is a teacher) so that he could be around for a couple of months to help out. So far, so good - baby is due around June 5th and school is done on June 1st!
My daughter was born two weeks before her due date though so you never know.....

We got our faint positive last Thursday but I started showing symptoms a couple of days before - REALLY over emotional. From the day that we got the positive result I started getting that crampy feeling and weird ideas about food - not nausea or aversions yet, just nothing seeming quite right.

We are planning on a second homebirth, but are in a new area, so new midwives. Haven't met them yet but have heard good things.

We are not planning on telling anyone for quite a while - I am really nervous about miscarriage - so I may be hanging out here for quite a while for someone to chat to!!!!

proud mummy to DD (09/08) and cautiously looking forward to meeting #2
4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36stork-suprise.gif**40**
#5 of 214 Old 09-28-2010, 06:34 PM

I'm Heather but everyone calls me Babs. I have had three kids: Tempest is 7, Xan will be 4 in a week, and Jericho would have been five but passed away shortly after birth. This baby is due may 24th but I'm pretty sure there's no chance she'll arrive before June. My last baby went 3 weeks overdue!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#6 of 214 Old 09-28-2010, 07:15 PM

Hi I'm elonwy. I'm due May 28th, and it's my first, so who knows, but babies in my family tend to like to hang out for a while, so I was thinking of doing the dual DDC. If nobody minds. Got some of my girls from No Stressors/No Obsessors over here too, ya know
I've been married to my Husband for about a year and a half, we decided we wanted to try in May, then medical and schedule mishaps got in the way, so we tried in early Sept, and VOILA! here we are I am really really excited, as is DH. Looking forward to getting to know you all, if you'll have me

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#7 of 214 Old 09-28-2010, 07:30 PM

HI! I am Jillian. My dh and I have been married for 7 years, our son is 4 and our daughter is 2. I think my due date is May 30 but I could be wrong. My son was born on the middle of his 3 due dates and my daughter was born a week late. I am for the most part a stay at home mom right now. I have a few part time jobs but I can't do some of them pregnant. Up until last May I ran a day care. Looking forword to getting to know everyone!
#8 of 214 Old 09-28-2010, 08:12 PM

Hi there,

DH and I have been married for 8 years, and our DS is 3 (born 07/07/07). My due date is June 4th, and I got the first faint positive test on Saturday, and took a fancy digital test last night (I had run out of cheapies before they became solid lines). I had a m/c before DS and one since (Oct/09 at 11.5 weeks). Hoping this one is a sticky bean! We usually tell everyone we're pg right away, but this time we haven't. One of my best friends is also pg and due in late May -- and she won't tell for a few months, so maybe I'm taking a cue from her as it seems like our news should be shared news

I work full-time in administration and DH is in sales. I just realized the other day that DS will only overlap at the babysitter's for the summer before he goes to school... good timing (you'd think we planned it like this!).

Otherwise, when #2 arrives I'll be 39 and DH will be 41. We're only thinking of having two at this point (pretty sure). I had a c-section for DS after he was face down and not scalp down (if that makes sense -- they could feel his nose when checking my cervix!). Might try for VBAC but haven't given it much thought yet.

I think that's it for now. So excited DDC is up and running for June/11! Congrats to everyone!

Karen

Karen (39), DH (40), DS (7/7/07), with three m/c (11/05, 10/09, 11/10), BFP for mid-November -- keeping fingers crossed!!
#9 of 214 Old 09-28-2010, 08:41 PM

Excited to join you all!

Let's see, what to say.... this will be my third child. My oldest will be 4 in November and his younger brother is two. They're both nursing although I think my three year old may be just about done.

I'm somehow convinced that this baby is a girl, which is interesting because I've never felt like I knew beforehand with my older two. We're planning a homebirth (this will be our second).

So, hi everyone!
#10 of 214 Old 09-28-2010, 09:09 PM

Hi. My name is Alexa. I guess I'm along for the ride. I'm a little shocked that I'm here. My tests are giving me positives in the time allotted but they are a faint positive by the end of 10 minutes.
I've been married for 8 years now and have a dd-almost 6, ds-almost 4, and a dd2-almost 2. My hubby was here on leave for 10 days (5 of those days I had my period) and I know almost to the day when his swimmers met the egg. He won't be home for another month, so I will probably wait and tell him then so he's not worrying about me. I'm going to be laying low on this one......I'm finding that each time I become pregnant, the more I keep to myself. I become such a private person. We'll be planning our 2nd homebirth with this one.

I love being pregnant and love babies and my children. The timing for this birth isn't the greatest and there must be a reason why I ovulated earlier than I normally do. Once I'm able to talk to hubby about where everything stands then I'll be jumping like this

I've got one more test that I'll take tomorrow morning and see if it comes up positive in less than 10 minutes. The reason I took the test is because a couple days ago I started feeling flush and warm when it was rainy and cool outside. I don't have the furnace on yet, and I had been walking around in summer clothes in the house with the windows open. That and my boobs all of a sudden got huge again and my little one has not increased her nursing. It all gave me a big hmmmm....maybe I'll see. It didn't help any that the lines were very faint.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and share with you.

Love tocrochetsmilie.gifand have way to much yarn!   teapot2.GIF is always on at my place.  
Wife familybed1.gif, momma femalesling.GIF, teacher homeschool.gif and all that is inbetween to A b. 31/12/04,  W b. 27/10/06vbac.gif,  V b 17/01/09hbac.gif, and     G b. 09/09/11hbac.gif

#11 of 214 Old 09-28-2010, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi! I'm Smokering... and I do have a real name, but even my husband calls me Smokering or Smokey, so we'll just go with that.

Let's see. Married for nearly four years, have a 2.5-year-old DD called Rowan; decided rashly to TTC this month and got a BFP yesterday! EDD is June 9.

With my last pregnancy I started off with low blood pressure (as in, my midwife took it and was like "You shouldn't be conscious" - I think it was 80/40?); then morning sickness; then pelvic girdle pain and heartburn, and finally pre-eclampsia and a traumatic induction. So yeah, that was fun.

I think I'm doing the low blood pressure thing again - I feel a bit faint and tired. No nausea yet though, thank heavens. This time around I'm going to try the bean cure - apparently eating legumes every few hours staves it off. Might be total rubbish, but worth a go, right?

I've been trying to get hold of the midwife I had with DD for the last two days. I don't think I'll plan for a homebirth this time - I did with DD, and ended up with a hospital birth, so it kinda soured me on the idea. I don't want to get my hopes up again and get all the paraphernalia together only to get pre-e again (as is somewhat likely)... so I'll just plan on the local birth centre, which is actually very nice and might be less hassle to plan and/or cancel.

Today I was hoping to finish this top I started yesterday - doesn't it look like a good early maternity top? But I'm so sleepy I'm not sure I'll get around to it. I'm also knitting a baby sweater. It's exciting to think of having a winter baby - DD was born in March (early autumn here, still hot) and I didn't get to put her in nice warm snuggly things for a few months.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#12 of 214 Old 09-28-2010, 10:10 PM

Hello! Nice to meet you all!

I've been waiting for June to open up. I got my faint positive on Saturday, much darker by Monday, and I'm really feeling it now. Took forever for me to convince partner that three was a good idea, started trying Sept 12th, and whammo! I think those ovulation hormones helped him agree hehe! So I'll be due somewhere around June 7th.

I've got an almost 4 year old daughter and a 2.5 year old son. They are 16 months apart, and it will be weird having big siblings this time around, rather than the chaos of two babies.

I'm really excited, feel it's a girl, and am NOT looking forward to morning sickness. In the past (three pregnancies now, so I can't pretend it won't happen) it kicks in about week 6 and leaves about week 14. UGH. I'm also not looking forward to labor, but am going to have our second homebirth. And I'm certainly looking forward to meeting this little, who I think is a girl.

We're also not going to tell right away. MIL will be less than thrilled and so the less time she has to hassle me, the better. FTM I'm enjoying this little secret

Chellsea
#13 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 12:31 AM

Congratulations everyone!

I'm so happy to join you here. My name is Karen. I am a mama to 3 children (ds & ds, 16; dd, 10) and married to dh for 18 years. We just found out about our #4, due June 6, 2011!

I'd love to know how you get the countdown thingy in your signatures

xo

p.s. who else is 40+????

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#14 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 02:16 AM

hello
i'm rye, i'm 26 and have been married to my best friend for 7 years! we have a son named haye who turned 5 yesterday.

technically i think i am around 5 weeks and due around may 24th but i'll probably hang out here as well just in case. ^_^

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#15 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 02:29 AM

Finally! Our DDC!

I have been married for 5 years and we have two girls 3.5 and 2 (also 16 months apart Chellsea!). I am due June 1st. I'm sure I'll be sticking around here as L was born on her due date and E was a 41.5 weeker. This pregnancy was a shocker and we aren't in the best position to be adding a fifth family member at the moment. BUT!! after a few hours I was settled with it! I knew I wasn't done having kids and I am no spring chicken (35). So here we go again! Can't wait to ride the wave with you all!

This pregnancy has definitely started off differently then my other two. It may be that I tested a week or two earlier this time around or Od late for that matter). I have taken several HPTs in the last 6 days and they have all been very light posi. The one I took today was a digi tho. I guess I will be a little nervous until my usual symptoms hit - not that I really want them!! I have promised DH to stop POAS and I am going to let it be.

I am excited!! It will be interesting to have a just turned 4 and and almost 3 year old with a new baby instead of a 16 month old! lol

Congrats ladies!!!

mama to three amazing girls (05.07, 09.08 and 2.11) expecting #4 in July
#16 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 03:00 AM

Hi, I'm HaikuMommy or Haiku for short. I am in shock. I just had a baby August 7, 2010 and when I went to get an IUD put in today, they told me my preg test came back positive! I had a blood test to confirm but won't get the results for 24-48 hours. I have a 22yo DD (yes, born in 1987), a 2yo DD, a 7 week old DD, and now apparently a new little one is coming... ay yi yi! The two youngest would be 9 mo and 6 weeks apart!

Honestly, I'd be relieved if the blood test comes back negative (no offence to anyone who has been yearning to conceive). I'm just not big on having another so close together, plus I'm 40 years old, and I was done having babies, hence the IUD appointment. But if I AM pregnant... please, universe, let it be a boy and not our 4th girl. Girls are awesome but a boy would be nice for a change.

Chanting... boy! Boy! Boy! Boy!

----------- It was a false positive! The blood test came back NEGATIVE! I have never been on such a roller coaster in my life, I am 95% relieved and 5% sad. Mostly relieved because my body still isnt recovered from 7 week old, and also having three under 3yo was a scary proposition. DH seems to be 60% sad and 40% relieved. He wants a son so much.

Congrats to all you other mamas!

Happily married mother of DD1 (10/87), DD2 (7/08), and DD3 (8/10)
#17 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 03:52 AM

Hi All!

It's so exciting to be here! My name is Andrea, and I live in Alaska. My sweetie and I will have been married for 5 years this New Year's Eve. We have one delightful little girl, Clara (02/08/09).

We have been wanting to TTC, but I discovered hypothyroidism, hashimotos, and food allergies in May, so have been on weird diets and battling my health this summer. This is a bit of a surprise, but an absolutely welcome one. I think I knew that I pregnant from day one (I felt the crampings of a late ovulation the day after we DTD (Sorry. TMI!). I tested 5 days later and saw a faint positive. I tested again on Sunday to be sure, an saw a strong positive. By my LMP, my due date is 6/5, but I suspect it is probably really 6/10 or so.

I can't wait to call my midwife, but I am waiting another week or so for that. We had a homebirth to hospital transfer with Clara (augmented with pitocin for a 42 hour labor--blah!), but I hope to try again and have baby #2 at home (lets hope ALL 2nd babies are really faster!).

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#18 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post
Looking forward to getting to know you all, if you'll have me
Of course.

Congrats and welcome to everyone!

So, hey, should I change the first post of this thread to a roster like the other DDCs have and list everyone by due date and such? Or should we start a new thread like that? Anyone done this DDC thing before?

#19 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 09:57 AM

I wasn't an active participant in the ddc with my last pregnancy, but I hope to do better this time! LOL

We might as well use this as the roster, if you don't have a problem doing the changes ....

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#20 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 11:01 AM

HI!!!!! I am so happy to be here! I think I'm more excited about this pregnancy than my first. The first time around I just wanted to have a baby and the being pregnant part was just means to an end. Now, I'm so super psyched about every little ache and pain and craving. I'll be so excited if I get morning sickness and throw up! I'll probably be the only person who would be throwing up with a smile on her face

My husband and I have been married for four years and we have a three and a half year old little girl. I had super severe PPD and it took me about three years to recover. We decided we were ready to have another one a few months ago and I spent some time weaning off my anti-depressants and then started charting/temping. We got pregnant on the first try!

My first was a c/s but my midwife thinks I'm a good candidate for a vbac and their practice has a 75% VBAC success rate so I feel pretty good about it!

We told all our closest friends and family members right away but will wait for another month or so to tell further removed peoples. We haven't told our daughter yet either. I want to wait to tell her, just in case of a loss.

Love you all! So glad to be here! Healthy and Happy 9 months to everyone!!!!
#21 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenmom View Post
I wasn't an active participant in the ddc with my last pregnancy, but I hope to do better this time! LOL

We might as well use this as the roster, if you don't have a problem doing the changes ....
Sure. I'll try to get the list started sometime today. So if you didn't tell us your due date in this thread yet (prothyraia, Alexa, Haiku, familyaffair) please do so I can get you added on the right date (it's also ok to just say early June or whatever).

Oh, and Andrea, should I put June 5 or 10? Or early June?

I hope everyone is enjoying early pregnancy! And Haiku, I hope you get the result you want.

#22 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 12:50 PM
bax

Hi, I'm Erika. I've never posted to a DD club this early before. I'm 12 dpo. Got the faint line yesterday and have had symptoms since Saturday.

This is our third. EDD June 10 according to when I think I O'ed (or June 12 according to LMP), but my first two children came at least a week past their dates, so I'm just thinking "mid-June."

Getting around to telling the fam and a close friend or two, but waiting to tell others. Despite the fact that we've had no problems before (thanks be to God), I am still nervous about something going wrong.

We're planning to stop at three (although every once in a while, I think...four?! But DH would not go for that!) so I'm trying to relax and enjoy things this time around since it will likely be my last. (Being happy is not going to cause anything bad to happen...right? Right??) I don't have any tests left, and am trying to keep from buying more just to keep checking in.

Congratulations everyone!

SAHM to Ada 8/15/2006, Calla 11/22/2008, and Wright 6/16/2011

#23 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 01:34 PM

Hi! My name is Siobhan, I am 26, and this will be my first. I have been married for just over a year. We actually conceived on our anniversary weekend away!! I am technically due June 2nd and I can't wait! I have a few symptoms but not many. I almost want to start throwing up just so I know its real! I tested positive (VERY faint) on the 24th and the lines kept getting darker until my last test (out of 6) on the 28th which was a clear, dark pink line! My husband and I are thrilled and can't wait to see a bump! I love Mothering! I have been a subscriber for 3 years. I was gifted the subscription from a family that I worked for and I've never looked back! I am so excited for everyone here! xo

ps. when do you plan on telling everyone? I told my DH on Monday night and now I desperately want to tell my sisters and my mom...too early? thoughts? advice?? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
#24 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 01:35 PM

Hi Ladies!
I'm jumping in here as well as in the May group. I'm due end of May/beginning of June.
This will by my first, and is quite a surprise. I'm 28 and my partner and I have only been together a couple of months. This is a total shocker, but we are very excited about it.
I think that's about it for now

#25 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 02:44 PM

Barefoot, let's just say 6/5 for now. If something is really wonky after talking to a midwife, measuring, etc. I'll maybe change it later. We've got LOTS of time, right?

Bax, if being happy is a jinx, I should have never stayed pregnant with #1! I was floating on air! It's hard being so surpremely happy and thinking, "This might end." I did a lot of praying and a lot of talking to myself that no matter what, it is not my fault. I am doing the best I can, but God's omiscience and acts of nature are out of my control. So I am just going to be happy with this moment and enjoy the blessing of being pregnant for this hour. HTH

SWhite, telling other people is so personal! It totally depends. With #1, we had fun because we got our dads "grandpa's" day cards (about 7 weeks along) and of course the Grandmas found out too. Siblings we told at 10 weeks, and church friends, etc. we told at 12. Pretty "by the book".

This time, we are gathering at Thanksgiving with a bunch of family and will probably tell most people then. We will be telling parents and siblings before the trip, though, and church family will learn after that, probably. My DH and I are kind of enjoying just having this secret between us. But I'll need/want to tell my mom before too long!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#26 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 04:44 PM

Hi, My name is Sarah, DP is Yvonne we have been together for 9 years and had a Civil Union 7 years ago. We have one little boy who is 3.5. We have been trying for 1 year with two late first tri losses in Jan and May. I am really being cautious and trying not to stress about everything. We haven't told many people because of the losses but I am sure that our mothers will be able to tell We are hoping for a homebirth but we are starting with an OB practice because of the history. I think that if all goes well we will transition to the midwife around 16w. Ironically, we have had three different people tell us that they had dreams that I was pregnant, before I was, with twin boys! We will see. I am not sure what U/S we will be doing as we only had the 20 week scan and the NST at 41w with Holden. Here we come June!

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#27 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 PM

YAY!!!! It's so cool to meet you all!

I'm Sara and this is #1 for us. I started feeling symptoms 2 weeks ago and got my bfp last Wednesday. I'm due June 1st and hopefully this one will stick. I was pg in April 2010 and m/c in June, but August was our first try since then, so we're feeling lucky

DH and I have been married for 1 year and together for 7. We both have b-days in June as well.

Looking forward to hanging out with all of you!

Joyfully married to my luv (6/7/09) blowkiss.gif / Early loss at 11w3d w/ Minerva (6/23/10) angel1.gif / Beautiful breech homebirth.jpg w/ Aurora Jan (5/29/11) / Due with our son in April 2014
#28 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 05:31 PM

@Barefoot... you can just put me down for early June. My cycle wasn't regular so I'm not exactly sure! But we are going to do a confirmation ultrasound with the midwife in a few weeks and I'll update then!
#29 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyaffair View Post
@Barefoot... you can just put me down for early June. My cycle wasn't regular so I'm not exactly sure! But we are going to do a confirmation ultrasound with the midwife in a few weeks and I'll update then!
After having family/friends hassling us about when the baby was going to be here last time (he was only a week and half after our EDD, for goodness sakes!) I'm insisting on being as vague as possible.

So, early June for me. For you ladies, anyway For everyone else, I'm going to say late June, hah!
#30 of 214 Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 PM

Hi All,

Positive strips here as well for the past few days. I cant stop obsessing as I dont have any symptoms at all.With my first one I felt miserable even before I knew I was pregnant. My cycles are irregular so as per Ovulation date I should be due June 8th but as per LMP it should be May 28th. Either ways, I am due the early part of June and will confirm it with OB's appointment in the next couple of weeks.

Congrats to all of us!!!

Pari, Student, Job Seeker and mom to K (2006) and A(2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page