Symptoms!! What are yours? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have almost none! I guess I am 5 weeks (due June 1st) and the lack of symptoms is freaking me out!

I had pretty severe all day sickness with both of my girls from about 5 to 20 weeks, and then mild nausea all the way up until delivery.

I feel practically nothing this time around! I have had some mild cramping, tiredness, and just yesterday some crazy smells hit me like a mac truck. But other then that, nada!

I am either too early for my usual symptoms, not having a normal pregnancy, or this time around is just different. I hope it's the latter! I would love to experience a pregnancy without puking!!

What symptoms are you having?

mama to three amazing girls (05.07, 09.08 and 2.11) expecting #4 in July
#2 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 01:11 PM

With DS I felt totally normal until at least 5 weeks. Maybe a little tired then, and my breasts started getting big and tingly soon after, but really I hardly had any symptoms until about 7 weeks when I got a little nauseous now and then.

This pregnancy it seems like everything is happening sooner. I felt totally normal at first but tingly boobs started right after I got the BFP, and the last few days (I am 5 weeks today), I have had fatigue and a little nausea in the mornings. Also super-cranky and moody.

Oh, and cramping with orgasm. Does anyone else get that? I remember it from last pregnancy but it started RIGHT AWAY this time.

I think every pregnancy is different. That's what they say right? I hope this one's not TOO different from my last because my last was easy and great.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#3 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 01:21 PM

I am due June 2nd according to my calculations! So far, I have very few symptoms also. My boobs feel big and VERY sensitive. Also, my nipples are constantly hard which can be awkward! I have had light cramping since 4 dpo. It gets worse at night so that kind of freaks me out but I'm staying positive. Are you ladies telling people already? I desperately want to tell my sisters and my mom but my husband thinks we should wait a little while. I can't tell if I am extra hungry in reality or just feel like I am eating for two already so I should indulge. I am eating extra healthy...lots of fruit, veggies, and water. I am so excited!! This is my first by the way! Congratulations everyone!
#4 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 02:48 PM

I'm 5 wks today, and I've had symptoms for several days already, which is surprising to me. Cramping, definitely, and pulling/pinching/soreness that I think is round ligament pain (starting MUCH earlier than my other pregnancies!). My breasts are KILLING me, and yeah, the whole perma-nip thing is embarrassing as heck.

Fatigue isn't too bad right now (I'm chalking it up to the maca), nor is the nausea, which I never had very badly with either of my girls.

Everything just seems EARLIER.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#5 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 02:59 PM

I am starting earlier with symptoms too, starting with cramping at ovulation, I have sore nipples (not as bad as last time, thankfully! I'm still nursing! But it hurts when she latches on each time), constipation, moodiness, fatique, uterus twinges/stretching, and more obvious hunger symptoms. I started getting queasy at 6/7 weeks last time and it lasted through week 14. I have heard that there may be less "morning sickness" (mine was all day--mostly evening) with boys than girls? I wouldn't mind a boy and that would be a welcome side effect, if that's the case!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#6 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 03:26 PM
bax

From about 8 dpo until now (12 dpo): sore breasts, cramping, mild nausea, fatigue. And LOTS OF SALIVA, which is driving me crazy. All of this is pretty mild at this point. Except the saliva. I keep grabbing my boobs to see if they still hurt (less today than yesterday, but more nausea today, so I'm hoping all is well), and hope I don't accidentally do it in public!

SAHM to Ada 8/15/2006, Calla 11/22/2008, and Wright 6/16/2011

#7 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
From about 8 dpo until now (12 dpo): sore breasts, cramping, mild nausea, fatigue. And LOTS OF SALIVA, which is driving me crazy. All of this is pretty mild at this point. Except the saliva. I keep grabbing my boobs to see if they still hurt (less today than yesterday, but more nausea today, so I'm hoping all is well), and hope I don't accidentally do it in public!
LOL ... I work in a power plant with mostly men, and I'm having to sneak in some self-groping.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#8 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
You just made me

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#9 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 04:29 PM

I'm also 5 weeks today (due June 1st too ). I started out with lots of symptoms. ...very hungry, tired, and lots going on down there...cramping, soreness, tightening. Now nothing! ...sure I get a little hungry and tired, but I don't feel anything in my pelvis...and still no sore boobs...nothing. I guess it's still really early and I should be thankful. I just really want this one to stick.

I guess I've been a little moody too, but that could be because it's been so hot in LA lately.

Joyfully married to my luv (6/7/09) blowkiss.gif / Early loss at 11w3d w/ Minerva (6/23/10) angel1.gif / Beautiful breech homebirth.jpg w/ Aurora Jan (5/29/11) / Due with our son in April 2014
#10 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara125 View Post
I'm also 5 weeks today (due June 1st too ). I started out with lots of symptoms. ...very hungry, tired, and lots going on down there...cramping, soreness, tightening. Now nothing! ...sure I get a little hungry and tired, but I don't feel anything in my pelvis...and still no sore boobs...nothing. I guess it's still really early and I should be thankful. I just really want this one to stick.

I guess I've been a little moody too, but that could be because it's been so hot in LA lately.
Ugh...this is the way that I've been too! I tested at 12 DPO and was already feeling nauseous, tired, and very pregnant. Today (5 weeks) I feel almost nothing...my boobs are just a VERY tiny bit sore and I have some burping and saliva issues, but nothing like I was feeling about a week ago. NOTHING...especially with the nausea. With my first pregnancy I never really felt sick at all...just some random gagging here and there. With my second I started feeling sick at 4 1/2 weeks and it lasted until 10 weeks...plenty of nausea and lots of gagging. This time...I have no clue.

I also had my progesterone checked and it was pretty low...8.8. The doctor put me on Prometrium, but I suspect it won't have much impact. If this baby is meant to be here...then it'll stick around, but I don't think the supplements are going to do much to help (but they won't hurt either...so I may as well.) Just praying that the baby sticks around...
#11 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 04:48 PM

I am 4w3d today and I have extreme hunger, breast tenderness, cramping, soreness, and suprisingly RLP and today the excess saliva and nausea started. I LOVE IT!

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#12 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 05:27 PM

My boobs are killing me and I'm very fatigued. The sore boobs are new to me... they didn't hurt at all with my first pregnancy. I would love it if I started feeling nauseous.
#13 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painefaria View Post
I am 4w3d today and I have extreme hunger, breast tenderness, cramping, soreness, and suprisingly RLP and today the excess saliva and nausea started. I LOVE IT!
What is RLP? Probably something I should know...

#14 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 07:59 PM

Not much for me in terms of symptoms so far (due June 4th). Mild twinges but no cramps, breasts are really only sore when I take my bra off at night (I'm now sleeping with a nursing tank for support). A bit hungrier than usual (for the past week and a half or so). I didn't have any noticeable nausea or morning sickness with DS (or the two m/c pregnancies) -- not sure if I can expect the same this time or not.

Karen (39), DH (40), DS (7/7/07), with three m/c (11/05, 10/09, 11/10), BFP for mid-November -- keeping fingers crossed!!
#15 of 52 Old 09-29-2010, 08:51 PM

I am due May 30th. I had sore breasts for a little bit but they are better now. Smells are getting to me, I had some nausea today. I also have the excess saliva. Oh and I am moody and tired.
#16 of 52 Old 09-30-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
What is RLP? Probably something I should know...
Round Ligament pain

#17 of 52 Old 09-30-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painefaria View Post
Round Ligament pain
Thanks!

#18 of 52 Old 09-30-2010, 12:37 PM

I am so THIRSTY!!!!
#19 of 52 Old 09-30-2010, 01:18 PM

I AM SO THIRSTY ALSO!! I have been drinking 4 50 oz bottles a day and then more in bedside glasses at night. Downside is waking up in the middle of the night either thirsty, and or having to pee! I have never felt so thirsty in my life. My lips are dry and my throat is scratchy but I am SOOO hydrated. I am drinking water non-stop. In fact, I just walked away from the computer to refill my glass! I cannot get enough!!
#20 of 52 Old 09-30-2010, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

With my daughter i had nasuea/vommiting from for about a week or two around 6-8wk range mainly after lunch.

With my son i didn't really have any nausea at all.

With this one so far i had some nausea a few nights ago and then yesterday after my daughter got home from school i had the kids watch a move in their room and took a nap from like 2pmish to almost 5pm when dh got home.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#21 of 52 Old 09-30-2010, 05:32 PM

I only have off and on slight "ickiness" and sometimes my breast feel a bit tender... some off and on cramping too. I am 4 weeks tomorrow.

With my history of miscarriages I WELCOME symptoms! It really reassures me everything is ok when I feel like barfing all day long...I am ready to feel MORE symptoms! lol!

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#22 of 52 Old 09-30-2010, 10:47 PM

I tested mostly because nursing my toddler had gone from just dandy to gasping with pain every time he latched on. Also, I'm very, very thirsty, and having to pee a lot, though I suspect that has more to do with reaction to the exterior painting going on in our apartment complex.

Mom of two kids, expecting again in June or July 2014. 
#23 of 52 Old 10-01-2010, 03:27 PM

Man. I can't imagine nursing with how my nipples feel right now. I woke up the other morning feeling like my nipples were on fire! I'm a stomach-sleeper and the pressure was just too much. That being said, they usually don't hurt THAT bad. I have some lower back pain and run hot- I'm completely intolerant of being too warm.
It's been a very stressful week so it's hard to say if the occasional crankiness and tiredness is pregnancy or life at the moment!
I generally feel pretty good though- but am waiting for things to really hit.

Redeyedvireo- you an ornithologist or a bird-lover? (or both)
#24 of 52 Old 10-01-2010, 04:13 PM

Laura - Ha! I haven't slept on my stomach since April 2007, about a month into my first pregnancy. I kept thinking I'd get back to it, but no such luck.

I went on a lot of nature walks as a kid, and took a shine to vireos. What about you, Mainebirdgirl?

- Amity

Mom of two kids, expecting again in June or July 2014. 
#25 of 52 Old 10-01-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDaughter76 View Post
With my history of miscarriages I WELCOME symptoms! It really reassures me everything is ok when I feel like barfing all day long...I am ready to feel MORE symptoms! lol!
I'm right there with ya!! I hope I'm puking my guts up soon.

I've had breast/nipple soreness (mostly at night when I take my bra off), slight nausea (just a bad feeling in my throat not really feeling anything in the stomach area though), tiredness, crampy/twingy (sometimes a little more than my comfort level allows), peeing alot, hungry, thirsty....

Me 32, DH 33,  angel.gif (3/17/10),  DD 6/6/11
#26 of 52 Old 10-02-2010, 04:57 AM

Oh, and lower back pain. Fun.

I got queasy at around 6-7 weeks last time, so we'll see.

I don't remember being so moody last time! I feel like weeping and storming around and I am so overwhelmed by life. I hope I get used to the new hormones soon, I dont' want to spend the next 8 months snarling like an angry cat!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#27 of 52 Old 10-02-2010, 09:29 AM

Amity- vireos are great- so sassy. I think that's a great name! I wish I had picked a fun name like that. I'm an ornithologist by training, although now I'm in community forestry. I hate the idea of giving up stomach sleeping, I have weird dreams when I sleep on my back.

GolfAddict, I hear you about the more cramping than comfortable with. Those just started yesterday and it made me feel uneasy. I know it's common when your uterus is stretching out to accommodate its new tenant- but ick.
#28 of 52 Old 10-02-2010, 11:24 AM

Mmm. Guacamole on toast with cheese sounded like a good breakfast .....

Then again, maybe not. Bleh.

Burp.

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!

xo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#29 of 52 Old 10-02-2010, 12:27 PM

I don't have many really (and no matter how many other people I read about that don't either, it still makes me worry ! ). I've had some minor light cramping a time or two, I was extremely bloated but am not anymore, and have been a bit more tired and a bit more hungry. I've not exactly had food aversions but I have felt a little "blah" about food a time or two. I also almost puked once. My main symptom are my sore boobs. I'm CONTINUOUSLY checking them to make sure they still hurt lol! I actually hopped up and down a little bit last night outside of Whole Foods to see if they hurt. I thought no one was around but then I saw a man who must have seen! Whoops !!!

1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*10*11*12*13*14*15*16*17*18*19 *luxlove.gif*21*22*23*24*25*26*27*28*29*30*31*32*33*34*35*3 6*37*38*39*40
#30 of 52 Old 10-02-2010, 06:30 PM

I think I almost threw up today!! yay! I have a ton of saliva and a bitter taste in my mouth. I went out to eat with an old friend and this gorgeous plate of fettucini came out and I had 1 bite and asked the waiter to PLEASE TAKE IT AWAY RIGHT NOW. I got totally dizzy/nauseous and burpy so I think I may have the start of morning sickness!! I had been keeping the pregnancy secret from said friend but not after that stunt. She knew right away. It was weird bc I felt fine as soon as the plate was out my face wrapped up on the floor. The bitter flavor in my mouth is still there and I am swallowing a ton of saliva. What do you think? Fluke, or morning sickness starting? FWIW I am 5 weeks, 4 days. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page