Weird dreams have started ... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 10-05-2010, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a little sad that I haven't yet had a baby dream about this wee one yet, but WOW has the weirdness factor ramped up in the dreams I AM having.

Last night I dreamed about dd#1, who is 6 and by nature very cautious and likes things very quiet. In my dream, she was the height of my 3 y/o, and was in the back yard, cranking up the CHAIN SAW?!?! Over and over, she'd pull the rope-thing to crank it, then get scared. I'd run outside and shut it off and tell her to leave it alone, then go back inside. A couple minutes later, she'd crank the thing up again. I was FREAKING OUT (duh!) and dh was like, what's the big deal, it's not like she can pick it up or anything. And kept saying to him, SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO PICK IT UP ... SEE THAT CHAIN RIGHT THERE, you know, the one that can CUT THROUGH A TREE!?!?

Good grief, what a wacko dream.

Please tell me I'm not the only one having weird dreams ... SHARE!

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#2 of 23 Old 10-05-2010, 09:00 AM

I wish I was sleeping well enough to dream

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#3 of 23 Old 10-05-2010, 09:24 AM

I am typically a great dreamer and since I found out I was pregnant..NO DREAMS!! It could be because I am sooooo tired that I pass out as soon as I hit the pillow. It could also be the fact that I have to pee 2 to 3 times a night compared to pre-pg 0 times a night. I have been waiting for the dreams to start and get weird but NOTHING. Not one single dream yet!! Anyone else ever have this?
#4 of 23 Old 10-05-2010, 09:46 AM

I had a bad dream last night it was so creepy, it involved a guy with a machine gun trying to break into our house where we live now, very scary dream.

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#5 of 23 Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 AM

Yep, I'm having tons more dreams than usual. Yesterday I dreamed about DH's friend that lives in another state and I've met maybe twice. He was visiting our house and writing all over the walls with blue pencil and I was getting ...

I also had a labor dream last night. I dreamed early labor and then things just stopped and I kept trying to get them started again. We had lots of errands and stuff to run though, and I was scared I was going to give birth in a public bathroom somewhere.

My husband dreamed that there was a beaver crawling around under the carpet though...I don't think I can top that.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#6 of 23 Old 10-05-2010, 12:08 PM

I normally have very vivid and strange dreams, and I haven't noticed any more quantity than usual. They also haven't been weirder (that would be difficult), but they have been scarier. It has been pretty constant that whenever I have gotten sick, I've had two main symptoms: exhaustion and nightmares. I know being pregnant isn't like being sick, but it shares the commmonality of your body working hard internally. So I have been exhausted and had one nightmare.

I had a really absolutely horrible dream a few nights ago (before I even got my BFP) that I won't tell you about because it was too terrible, but it definitely counted as a nightmare. The kind where you wake up crying and shaking. My husband cuddled me and made me feel a little better, but I couldn't sleep anymore and was grumpy all day. I hope that those won't continue for too long.

Ah, beaver-under-the-carpet dreams . . . that's great! That's right up there with my normal dream weirdness, an award for your husband!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#7 of 23 Old 10-05-2010, 02:30 PM

Last pregnancy I didn't notice any ramp-up in the dreams, but this time I definitely have. I had 3 vivid and agitating dreams last night:

1. Trying desperately to figure out the train and bus schedules to get out of a train station in a remote part of Canada, because I was going to be late for work
2. Helping an assassin take care of this guy who was trying to attack us all and our families (this one was obviously disturbing)
3. A guy rear-ended me in my new car and then stole the car. Guess I'm a little protective of the car
#8 of 23 Old 10-05-2010, 02:58 PM

Hmmm....I haven't noticed any weird dreams. But I hardly ever remembered my dreams pre-pg either.

Or it could be that I am waking up about 3-4 times during the night, so I haven't really been getting to that dream stage. This lack of sleep thing is really aggravating. I am such a good sleeper...some would say I am too good of a sleeper...DH may even call it "lazy".

Me 32, DH 33,  angel.gif (3/17/10),  DD 6/6/11
#9 of 23 Old 10-05-2010, 03:02 PM

I generally have a fair number of wacky dreams, so the onslaught since I've been pregnant hasn't thrown me for too much of a loop. I've started typing them out on my computer as soon as I wake up so that I have some sort of proof. ...who knows, maybe there will be some fodder for a short story

The truly weird thing has been SEX DREAMS! I've been woken by several lately...which is definitely weird for me. I haven't felt in-the-mood during waking hours at all, but when I'm woken by one of these dreams, I can't help but attack my husband Needless to say, he's pretty happy.

Joyfully married to my luv (6/7/09) blowkiss.gif / Early loss at 11w3d w/ Minerva (6/23/10) angel1.gif / Beautiful breech homebirth.jpg w/ Aurora Jan (5/29/11) / Due with our son in April 2014
#10 of 23 Old 10-05-2010, 08:05 PM

Last night Michael Jackson was in my dream...

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#11 of 23 Old 10-18-2010, 08:25 AM

I just had the worst night of sleep. Every terrible, vivid dream I could possibly have I had. Every fear inside of me was realised in dream land.

#12 of 23 Old 10-18-2010, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

I dreamed about Butter Bean last night (the girls nicknamed the new baby LOL). I had the baby whilst driving down the road. A healthy but TINY baby (7 lb. and change) with an itty-bitty placenta. Weird! I don't remember looking in the dream, but I got a girl vibe. (Shhhh, don't tell dh ... he's desperate for a boy this time!) Doesn't mean anything, thought ... all my baby dreams with my 2nd pregnancy were of boys, and POOF! another girl!

#13 of 23 Old 10-18-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenmom View Post

I dreamed about Butter Bean last night (the girls nicknamed the new baby LOL). I had the baby whilst driving down the road. A healthy but TINY baby (7 lb. and change) with an itty-bitty placenta. Weird! I don't remember looking in the dream, but I got a girl vibe. (Shhhh, don't tell dh ... he's desperate for a boy this time!) Doesn't mean anything, thought ... all my baby dreams with my 2nd pregnancy were of boys, and POOF! another girl!
We called my 5th Butter Bean for a while after birth because, well, she kind of looked like him

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zxsbVMrOUN...butterbean.jpg

#14 of 23 Old 10-18-2010, 10:31 AM

i have been having outrageous dreams too. my kids and dh are really getting a kick out of hearing about them. night before last, i dreamt that i was teaching my 14 yo son to drive and he couldnt figure out how to start the car, and darth vader was walking toward us, and i was like, come on luke, we've got to go, start the car! and he couldnt, and i couldnt find the ignition button and vader reaches in the driver's window and steals a bag of nuts off the dash board and leaves. then last night i dreamt that my dh and i built a big nest outside the window, then he was sitting in it- BECAUSE HE WAS A DUCK- and i was talking to him (of course he couldnt talk back) and all of a sudden there were 4 fuzzy eaglets in the nest, and i said, honey- look! where did those come from?!

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#15 of 23 Old 10-18-2010, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

WOW! Now THOSE are some dreams!

#16 of 23 Old 10-18-2010, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post
We called my 5th Butter Bean for a while after birth because, well, she kind of looked like him

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zxsbVMrOUN...butterbean.jpg
LOL, I have to admit I had no idea there was already a PERSON named Butter Bean. They started calling the wee one that because the NP I saw at my first prenatal told me that the baby was about the size/shape of a butter bean right then. They thought that was hilarious and the name stuck.

#17 of 23 Old 10-18-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
My husband dreamed that there was a beaver crawling around under the carpet though...I don't think I can top that.
ehh, a beaver under a carpet? what could that be... did the carpet match the drapes?

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#18 of 23 Old 10-18-2010, 12:44 PM

I think I'm another one who isn't sleeping well enough to have many dreams these days.

Karen (39), DH (40), DS (7/7/07), with three m/c (11/05, 10/09, 11/10), BFP for mid-November -- keeping fingers crossed!!
#19 of 23 Old 10-18-2010, 01:00 PM

I had a fun one this morning. I was at a club with my friends (and sucking back the martinis) and everyone got up to go somewhere, leaving me to hold the table. I kept getting crowded over, so by the end I was in a table by the door, instead of in front of the stage where we were originally. Here's the fun bit: my alarm went off and I kept hitting snooze because I didn't want to wake up until someone came back to hold the table. Finally one of my friends did, and I woke up from the dream. I had snoozed for half an hour!!

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#20 of 23 Old 10-21-2010, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Woo ... had another birth dream about the wee one last night. I was in a hospital with my doula and some doctor. He was trying to convince me that I had too much amniotic fluid and it was going to cause an embolism. My doula was rolling her eyes and correcting his "facts," but I ended up agreeing to ARM. The waters just poured out, and then I barely pushed (I was sitting up on the side of the bed) and caught my baby. It looked JUST like the baby from my dream the other night ... the baby was smiling at me in both dreams. Once again, I didn't see boy or girl parts, but am still getting girl vibes.

The best part, though, is the sweet smile.

#21 of 23 Old 10-22-2010, 01:38 AM

dreams are so vivid with me during pregnancy!! But I am still waiting for it with this one! We'll see....

Jennifer Wife to my wonderful Husband, Jeremy, mama to my two amazing children DD B (04/14/2006), DS I (10/27/2007) and a precious little one due in June
#22 of 23 Old 10-22-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmab View Post
ehh, a beaver under a carpet? what could that be... did the carpet match the drapes?
Uhhhhhh yeah I know...there was no way to write that without the double meaning. But in the dream it was actually a beaver, the rodent.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#23 of 23 Old 10-22-2010, 09:44 PM

Hey, BFS! You're back!

Yep, the crazy dreams have started! I had a horrible night of bloody dreams the other night *shudder*. But last night, my dreams were more on seduction. I dreamed I was a male scientist scuba diver who stumbles across a female scientist who is dressed in this full male manatee/under-water walrus (?) costume and is caring/providing for this female manatee/walrus on a nest. Anyway, my dream was really detailed because the woman swam to this cool underground home/laboratory. I dreamed that her costume had a place for her feet to come out when she needed to walk, and there were special rooms that you entered and the water was removed so you could enter this normal home. In my dream, the male scientist kept thinking of someway to seduce this lonely underwater female scientist.

I did read about a crazy experiment done in the seventies where a woman lived with a dolphin in a house half filled with water for several months to try to make the dolphin more "human". Tell you what, I seem to have some crazy gender issues to be thinking in the head of some guy and then to have the female dressed up like a male aquatic animal. Am I the nesting manatee or a scientist dressed like one? But I think I was just wishing to get into DH's head. I feel so naseated, expecially before bed, I can't imagine DH is very willing to attempt it! Sorry, probably TMI. But what a dream!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page