broke out the seabands - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I remembered that I had some seabands that I had picked up and I put them to use yesterday evening and so far so good. I have only gagged once (toothpaste) but other than that I am feeling better than yesterday. The only problem is that they are not really fashion forward so if it gets warm enough and I have to take my coat off I will probably be "found out" but I really don't care. I feel the best that I have in 2 weeks.

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#2 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 10:35 AM

I just put mine on 20 minutes ago! Hard to tell if they're working yet as my nausea has serious peaks and valleys, but right now I'm feeling halfway decent :-)

Glad yours seem to be working!

Laura
DD (01.08) and blissfully expecting #2 next June
#3 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 12:16 PM

I am digging mine out soon too! The nausea is starting to get quite difficult.

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#4 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 12:27 PM

I had hyperemesis last time, and I was really praying with all my heart it wouldn't progress to that this time... and I think it has. I'm so miserable. When I'm not curled up over a bowl, I'm crying. (and before anyone suggests ginger and seabands: I've done this before, believe me, we are way way past that stuff). I had someone offer me Zofran and I think I'm going to have to take it.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#5 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 12:43 PM

I personally liked my PsiBands much better than the SeaBands. After having 2 pairs get all stretched out and not work as well as they should, I got a set of PsiBands.

They are adjustable and plastic, and look more like a watch band or bracelet. I wish I would have bought these first instead of the SeaBands because I wouldn't have wasted the $$ on stuff that doesn't stand up to heavy-duty wear.

You can check out the PsiBands at: http://www.psibands.com/

fencing.gif Carolina Kel 
Pagan * Grad Student * Amateur Ninja * Bibliophile * Photographer * Cyberpunk* Cooking Diva * Wife to RJ & Partner to Abeja * Mamí Valkyrie to Eiríkr (2/26/2009), Skaði (3/18/2011) and a surprise munchkin due 8-23-2012 * I love my tribe of hearts! *

#6 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 01:47 PM

The sea bands dont work for me :/ UGH!! I was hoping they would..... Is there a secret to them or something?? Does it matter what wrist you put it on??

--Rache--
*LOVING my life as a mother and wife I am truly blessed*
#7 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 02:09 PM

Works best when you put one on each wrist, two fingerwidths down from where your hand ends. On top of the tendon that you can feel running between wrist and elbow.

They worked really well for me last time(boy), when my morning sickness was more low-level nausea with rare vomiting. But this time I think I'm having another girl because it's rolling strong overwhelming nausea. Sea bands aren't touching it. I've been practicing deep breathing and visualization. Taking a B-vitamin supplement. Haven't tossed my lunch yet! I am also eating constantly-- which takes a lot of mental effort but is also working. I just cannot get so sick with 2 kids under 4 to keep after these days. So I'm holding onto that-- putting a lot of faith in mind over matter. In my instance, I really do think that morning sickness has a lot to do with my mental status. What better way to wrap your mind around the changes to come than having to completely alter your life from day one?
#8 of 8 Old 10-13-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Kel View Post
I personally liked my PsiBands much better than the SeaBands. After having 2 pairs get all stretched out and not work as well as they should, I got a set of PsiBands.

They are adjustable and plastic, and look more like a watch band or bracelet. I wish I would have bought these first instead of the SeaBands because I wouldn't have wasted the $$ on stuff that doesn't stand up to heavy-duty wear.

You can check out the PsiBands at: http://www.psibands.com/
those look awesome!

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page