So Tired - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2010, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so tired. I take a nap and get up feeling just as tired. I'm so glad dh has a pretty flexible schedule so he's home a fair bit. Plus he's been great about cooking, if i did the cooking right now we'd never eat.

Mummy to dd (Jan 13, '07) born by emergency c-section at 35 weeks due to severe pre-e  :ribboncesarean.gif and ds (Jan 30 '09) :hbac.gif and stork-suprise.gif    (06/11)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 09:59 PM

I hear you, I have been wiped out lately too, Usually by the time 3:00 hits things start to go down hill for me in the energy department. If I am lucky I get a second wind when the kids go to bed but not always.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

Old 10-17-2010, 10:06 PM

Yep, par for the course for me. With every pregnancy, I don't throw up but I walk around in a sleepy haze all day. I have been sleeping 9 hours at night plus a nap, thank goodness for being home all day and my little one still naps so I can lay down when he does.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Old 10-17-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_stinkyfeet View Post
I hear you, I have been wiped out lately too, Usually by the time 3:00 hits things start to go down hill for me in the energy department. If I am lucky I get a second wind when the kids go to bed but not always.
on the 3:00 thing. And on the dinners, too. DH has been making dinner for the family, and we've been eating out a lot more. I just went back to work, then got pregnant, so there was already a big adjustment going on in our house!

So tired. I've been in bed and asleep by 8:30 every night for weeks. I am feeling guilty, as DH doesn't get to bed as early, so I haven't been there for him at all.

Let's all hang in there!

xo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 10-17-2010, 11:40 PM

I am right there with you, I took two naps today, Bella still gets up at night to nurse sometimes, and this week has been alot more up at night....yawn...

Wife to Jason (8/05) Mother to my little nursling Bella (12/08) and (10/10)
Old 10-17-2010, 11:57 PM

Me too! Went on a trip w/ just dh and came home feeling really tired, yawning all the time.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:30 AM

For me the tired isn't so much sleepy tired but a feeling like I've been doing the most strenuous and exhausting bodily work for days. I feel physically spent. Coupled with not sleeping well I'm always in a haze.

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

Old 10-18-2010, 11:14 AM

I am always exhausted too. Definitely not normal for me. There have been days that I am asleep before my husband, which never happens.

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:48 AM

I feel like I'm doing OK so far. DS doesn't nap anymore and still nurses at night. I've been expecting to fall asleep when I'm putting him to bed at 8, but haven't been.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
Old 10-18-2010, 11:52 AM

Me too. I just started my tax preparing class last month and had been doing great up until last week. I went once but could barely concentrate I was too tired and the other day I didnt even have the energy to walk into the classroom. I have been trying to take naps but that doesnt happen too often and when it does one of the kids wake me up lol. I am just going to try and get use to it I am sure with 3 kiddos and 2 under 3 I wont be getting much sleep lol

My name is Lindsay I am a full time wife to Nick 10-21-08 and full time mommy to Cadence, Irie and Isis

Old 10-18-2010, 01:25 PM

I started falling asleep mid-convesation a few nights ago. lol It's been early to bed for me.

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

Old 10-18-2010, 03:38 PM

people keep asking me if I am sick

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Old 10-18-2010, 04:16 PM

I use to be the last one to sleep at 10 and now I find myself crawling into bed at 7 and watching tv there and drifting off. Poor DH has been putting our LO to bed alone some night at 8. Luckily she is in full day school so I can take my 1.5 hour nap during the day. The worst for me isn't just tired but I get nauseous in the evenings too. No throwing up, just ucky feeling in my stomach.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

Old 10-18-2010, 06:56 PM

There are some days (like yesterday) that I'm exhausted and truly feel like I have the flu...achy, tired, not wanting to eat, etc. Then today, I got up and walked dd to school and that made me feel so much better. I think I'm going to try to do yoga around 3 or 4 today to see if I can ward off that late afternoon yuck.

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

Old 10-18-2010, 07:09 PM

I could have easily fallen asleep while I sat in the van, while the kids played at the park. I need to start going to bed earlier.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

I bribed dd today with a cartoon DVD so that I could take a nap with ds. too bad he only slept for a half an hour.

Mummy to dd (Jan 13, '07) born by emergency c-section at 35 weeks due to severe pre-e  :ribboncesarean.gif and ds (Jan 30 '09) :hbac.gif and stork-suprise.gif    (06/11)
Old 10-19-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwerydd View Post
I bribed dd today with a cartoon DVD so that I could take a nap with ds. too bad he only slept for a half an hour.
I'll admit that during my last pregnancy I was so miserable that I sort of trained my then 2yo to like cartoons. Before that time we didn't even have a TV and cartoons didn't keep her interest at all

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

Old 10-20-2010, 01:34 AM

DH told me I looked drunk last night... neither of us drinks at all, so we both found that pretty funny. I've actually spent almost all of time at home in bed lately. I'm feeling totally guilty about it, but I can't help it. I'm exhausted all the time. I'm also really bloated and am beginning to suspect twins, but I have no experience in this arena at all as this is my first. (!!!)

Moo.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:52 AM

I got some strength from reading all of your replies to this. I'm sooo tired all the time, like I've been doing cardio for hours and hours. At least now I can think of all you other mamas dragging yourselves through the day and I'm not the only one.

Today we ate 2 meals and a snack out--I didn't cook anything at home! Usually we might eat out twice/month, and I had no business spending the money on that, so I feel totally guilty about it. Well, pick it back up and try again tomorrow...yawwwwwnnnn...

Home birthing, extended bf, homeschooling, vegan lifestyle-living massage therapist mama to Grrl 1 (12/11/04), Grrl 2 (2/15/07), Grrl 3 (6/23/11), and ?! (10/14). Backpacking, kayaking, shoestring traveling adrenaline junky--I love talking all night around the campfire and drinking great craft beer!
treehugger.gif
Old 10-20-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommel View Post
DH told me I looked drunk last night... neither of us drinks at all, so we both found that pretty funny. I've actually spent almost all of time at home in bed lately. I'm feeling totally guilty about it, but I can't help it. I'm exhausted all the time. I'm also really bloated and am beginning to suspect twins, but I have no experience in this arena at all as this is my first. (!!!)
Don't stress, bloating is normal, I am always really bloated in the first trimester.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustVanessa View Post
Don't stress, bloating is normal, I am always really bloated in the first trimester.
Me too, have it now, ugh, ugh.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustVanessa View Post
Awesome, thanks! I feel better now that I threw up this morning. (And so it begins...)

Moo.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:47 PM

I am so glad you ladies are having this too. I thought I was crazy (this is my first too). I have almost fallen asleep at work (school teacher) several times. I also almost fell asleep on my way to work a couple of times...kinda scary. I had to roll the windows down in the car and get some fresh air! I try to take a nap in the afternoon, and nothing! I feel like I've climbed Mt.Everest ALL DAY LONG (or how I would imagine that would feel)!!!

Married to DH (1/07) Failed IVF with ICSI (11/08) Weight Loss surgery (06/10) 1st BFP EVER!! (9/10) Due (6/11)
Old 10-22-2010, 06:14 PM

I am completely exhausted, and I have a cold with a ridiculous cough. Coughing takes all the energy I have! and I've never been a napper so its very hard for me to lie down in the middle of the day, even when I can. Can't wait for the tired to subside!

Mother to one wonderful 5 year old son and another on the way, caretaker of dogs, cats, chickens and worms. EDD 12/11/2011

Old 10-22-2010, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm so tired I can't even remember if I responded to this thread already lol

I can't believe the level of fatigue this time. I remember feeling similar with our first but of course, I had the luxury of lying around resting whereas I actually have to attempt to be a decent mother this time :P

Christine, I can relate about the cough, we have the cold here too. It's on it's way out thank God.

Grace-based wife & mama to 2 unschoolers! One & . We live simply & mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015 Praying for another
Old 10-28-2010, 08:26 PM

Tired in my bones. That exhausted feeling you get after you've done good hard physical labor. I slept 12 hours last night. I hate my bed, I wake up every single morning with a back ache. Sadly it's on the 2nd floor of our apt and I can't manage to maneuver the boxspring up the 180 degree turn in the stairs. I have a split board under the mattress, but I'm not sure that is helping. Seriously considering getting a new bed. Growing babies is tiring work!

Beloved of Chris since 12/31/08. Missing our sweet Persephone Grace 5/24/11 - 5/26/11 angel3.gif So much love baby girl, so much love.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I am also exhausted. Sleeping way more than usual, and always yawning.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
Old 11-07-2010, 05:04 PM

it's exhausting making a human being...that's what i tell Ty every time he makes fun of me for sleeping all day and still being tired.

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Old 11-07-2010, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have also been experiencing this same type of fatigue and my MW suggested I start taking iron. In the history of the world and my previous three pregs, my iron has never been even close to low at any point. She ordered blood tests but in the mean time I've been taking Spa-Tone iron supplements and I feel ten times better. Still not 100% but I'm at least able to do the minimum to keep the house running now. Before I spent every waking moment longing for my bed. I tried doing some brisk walking but I only felt worse.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

Old 11-07-2010, 06:44 PM

I feel like such a lazy butt lately because I can't stop napping! Every day it's like I can barely get off the ground... when my kids get up I put on a movie and nap on the couch and then convince them to go outside so I can sneak in another 20 minutes.
ON TOP OF THAT I'm usually taking another short nap in the afternoon, then sleep 8-9 hours at night (although that's heavily broken). HOW MUCH SLEEP COULD I POSSIBLY NEED?!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

User Tag List