What silly things have you cried about? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 12-21-2010, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I cry at anything...songs, anything about kids or animals.  Mine yesterday was the song "Same Old Lang Syne".  Such a sad song.  :(

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#32 of 46 Old 12-21-2010, 04:35 PM

Lately it's been the John Denver & the Muppets Christmas album making me tear up.  I mean, come on, that song "When the River Meets the Sea," how can you not be touched by that?  I would cry at that song while not pregnant too.  Also, the end of Toy Story 3 where Andy gives his toys to Bonnie, and that song in Toy Story 2 "When She Loved Me."  Gets me every time.  I'm sure that I would cry at country music songs too if I had been listening to the radio lately.

SAHM to Bird (6/07) and Bear (7/09), and now enjoying our newest additionbabyboy.gif, born June 1, 2011!  bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.gif

#33 of 46 Old 12-21-2010, 05:43 PM

I cried at some sappy Christmas-themed commercial last night (have no idea what it was for) and I am Jewish.  Pregnancy + good marketing = christmas spirit by proxy!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#34 of 46 Old 12-22-2010, 02:55 AM

I'm definitely with you mamas on this one.

We started watching Glee online a few weeks ago, and I cry about 3 times per show.  And sometimes I'm really crying.  It's nuts.

Laura
DD (01.08) and blissfully expecting #2 next June
#35 of 46 Old 12-22-2010, 10:06 AM

I loved reading all of these responses!! Especially the Disney commercial because I have cried at the same thing!ROTFLMAO.gif

I bawled a few weeks ago for like 10 minutes over the fact that I was 1 year behind on putting pictures in an album. When DH said he would help me to try and calm me down. I cried even harder saying I didn't have a book to put them in. dizzy.gif Poor DH, he is so understanding!

#36 of 46 Old 12-22-2010, 11:45 PM

I always cry at the Disney commercial, where they open up the pizza box ...

This is so bizarre because I am not religious at all, but I cry at Nativity Scenes when I think about the Virgin Mary, riding around, pregnant on her mule and everyone turning her away.

treehugger.gifIn love with dh and mama to dd, born at home 6/3/2011 stillheart.gif

#37 of 46 Old 12-25-2010, 09:16 PM

I was watching "The Hangover" the other night, laughing my ass off, and all of a sudden, the laughter turned to sobs, and I was then in the midst of a full-on bawl!  It was the weirdest thing!

I was actually thinking to myself "why the hell am I crying?  I'm not even sad!  This is a funny movie!!  Who's body did my brain just get transferred into??  What the hell is going on??"

It was one of the strangest experiences I've ever had!

Michelle

EDD 6/24/11

#38 of 46 Old 01-02-2011, 04:58 PM

Any and all Christmas carols that have anything to do with baby Jesus, which is most of them. Especially "Mary Did You Know" because the whole song is about this little baby and asking Mary if she knew that her baby was going to grow up and die for her. Reduces me to tears every time, and not just tears, a sobbing snotty mess. I have to pull my car over when I'm driving so I don't wreck.

Any episode of "Say Yes to the Dress" because these women are just beautiful and glowing when they find The Dress. And then when they show the wedding footage I cry MORE because they're so happy and starting out their new lives as husband and wife. I don't even want to be married and I bawl!

Also, that "Undercover Boss" show because they always do such nice things for the employees and they're all crying and happy and it makes me cry because they're crying.

Foster child adoption commercials on the radio. Kay Jeweler's commercials (although I'm sure that more kisses begin with Bud Light than Kay). That coffee commercial where the brother comes home for Christmas and he's been in Africa for ages and his little sister is all grown up and they're drinking coffee together in the kitchen, and then the parents come down and it's this happy family moment.

Pretty much any show, commercial, book, story, video, or picture of families being together and happy reduces me to tears. I feel totally insane every time I start crying too, which makes me cry more!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#39 of 46 Old 01-02-2011, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weliveintheforest View Post

I saw the flash mob of singers in Macy's on youtube.  bawling.gif

lol!  I cried at the flash mob at the airport on youtube! Something about airport reunions always gets me anyway.

Home birthing, extended bf, homeschooling, vegan lifestyle-living massage therapist mama to Grrl 1 (12/11/04), Grrl 2 (2/15/07), Grrl 3 (6/23/11), and ?! (10/14). Backpacking, kayaking, shoestring traveling adrenaline junky--I love talking all night around the campfire and drinking great craft beer!
treehugger.gif
#40 of 46 Old 01-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Some of these are worth crying over to me, but some of them really are just funny! I KNOW that I have had my fair share of ridiculous crying, just as I always do, but I can't pinpoint anything ATM. 

A lot of mornings, I am in tears or nearly in tears when DH has to leave to go to work. I know, I know. Craziness. Later on, I feel guilty for putting him through stuff like this, but I really need his support for my insane emotions, right?

Loving wife to my hubby and mama to our 5 kiddos! homeschool.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifhomebirth.jpg

#41 of 46 Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 AM

There is an SPCA commercial on tv that is a cartoon with a guy who gets a job overseas, and the whole time there is this orange cat who looks just like my cat sitting there and then it has to go to the shelter cause the guy doesn't take the cat with him. I didn't just cry, I got so upset I had to leave the room. I was hysterical for about 15 minutes.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#42 of 46 Old 01-04-2011, 05:58 PM

This afternoon I picked my almost 12yo son up from the airport. He was returning from a 2w long visit with his father. As I was waiting for him it took everything I had not to sob. I missed him so much but felt like I should be more composed like, you know, everyone else at the airport. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#43 of 46 Old 01-05-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

This afternoon I picked my almost 12yo son up from the airport. He was returning from a 2w long visit with his father. As I was waiting for him it took everything I had not to sob. I missed him so much but felt like I should be more composed like, you know, everyone else at the airport. 

I would have been sobbing! My son turns 12 in January on the 24th! 2 weeks is a long time to be away from one of your kiddos, even a nearly 12 year old who is "big" now.

My kids each had a sleep over at different friends' houses a couple of weeks ago (my daughter is 10) and I missed them SO much for that one night. It was so sad! Then I started thinking about what if I never knew them at all and they weren't even my kids, but someone else's and I broke down. When they came home the next day I squeezed them both super hard and then followed them around the house all day long. They both just rolled their eyes at me and told each other how crazy I was. lol

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#44 of 46 Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

THIS video! awwwww!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L64c5vT3NBw

Home birthing, extended bf, homeschooling, vegan lifestyle-living massage therapist mama to Grrl 1 (12/11/04), Grrl 2 (2/15/07), Grrl 3 (6/23/11), and ?! (10/14). Backpacking, kayaking, shoestring traveling adrenaline junky--I love talking all night around the campfire and drinking great craft beer!
treehugger.gif
#45 of 46 Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 PM

Much to the detriment of my pocketbook I have historically been great about passing on my no longer needed baby clothes. Because I wasn't having another baby. And then I had another baby. etc etc etc. I just got done folding and getting ready the spring/summer outgrown clothes of my youngest daughter to take to consignment.

I'm never going to have another baby girl. I'm also the kind of person who doesn't really understand being disappointed with the sex of my developing baby. I figure I get what I get and that's awesome! I don't feel at all upset that I'm pregnant with a little boy, I'm so very excited to learn who he is yet somehow, in the twilight zone of my gestating mind, I'm feeling uncharacteristically sad about no more newborn and infant girls. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#46 of 46 Old 01-13-2011, 01:39 PM

On the way home from the vet at 7:30 this morning, still dark out, I don't know if I was crying because my baby kitty was all grown up (yes, we've been TTC for a year, and I have babied the cat and people are constantly accusing me of treating him as a surrogate baby), or because Bruno Mars "Just the Way You Are" was on the radio (not even a genre of music I enjoy), I just started bawling!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page