What silly things have you cried about? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 46 Old 10-25-2010, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My favorite pregnancy stories are the ones where we cry for silly reasons! What have you cried/gotten upset about this pregnancy or previous pregnancies? I got the idea from the responses to lilyrn11's thread (but I don't think you were silly for being upset about the bbq, lilyrn!)

I cried on and off for like 2 hours when my dogs got into a very minor scrap with a dog that was walking by. They didn't even bite each other and it lasted about 20 seconds but I was so upset! It was worse because the other dog owner was so calm and nonchalant about it.

My first pregnancy I cried when the Zen chef on Iron Chef lost to a flashier chef. "Wahhh they just don't appreciate his simplicity!"

Of course, I was tearful at my favorite brunch restaurant when they brought my food and it was completely wrong, and again when they brought the right food and it was too late--I didn't feel good and couldn't eat it.

Home birthing, extended bf, homeschooling, vegan lifestyle-living massage therapist mama to Grrl 1 (12/11/04), Grrl 2 (2/15/07), Grrl 3 (6/23/11), and ?! (10/14). Backpacking, kayaking, shoestring traveling adrenaline junky--I love talking all night around the campfire and drinking great craft beer!
treehugger.gif
#2 of 46 Old 10-25-2010, 07:28 PM

Funny you should ask!I am still wiping away the tears from a youtube video of a sporadic dance in a station in Austria, I think,to "Do Re Me" from the Sound of Music.I might have been near happy sobs.
potatofairy likes this.

:::
#3 of 46 Old 10-25-2010, 07:56 PM

A couple weeks ago I needed to scoop out the litterbox, but my sense of smell was too strong and I was gagging and retching, and my husband was out of town and there was no one else to do it, and I fell apart sobbing on the hallway floor. Choking, wrenching SOBS, soaking my shirt. I had a bunch of other meltdowns that week too, but I was working nights and not getting enough sleep so I think that had a lot to do with it.
#4 of 46 Old 10-25-2010, 11:44 PM

I cry when I laugh. And I don't mean like, "laugh until you cry" normal stuff... I mean that when I start to laugh really hard, it's like someone flicks a switch and I'm SOBBING HYSTERICALLY. The more funny, the harder I sob. It's really bizarre. It only happens when I'm pregnant. I end up being very very careful about laughing because I'm so afraid it'll happen!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#5 of 46 Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 AM

I haven't cried yet, but for some reason I tend to forget I am pregnant until I feel sick or tired or my boobs hurt. Its so weird, I was so excited with both my previous pregnancies and even though this one was planned and we are very happy, I seem to be way more non-chalant about it.
I am sure it will kick in when I start showing.

With my last pregnancy, my husband accidently shrunk a brand new pair of maternity jeans and I cried for an hour. He felt like poop.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#6 of 46 Old 10-26-2010, 12:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Oh, anything. A memoir by a Titanic survivor. The Babies documentary. Sad threads on MDC. Pretty much any book I've read during the last month, which is a lot because I've been flat on my back in bed for several hours every day. Even if they're happy books, I tend to cry at the end automatically. It's bizarre.

Fortunately I have learned from my last pregnancy, and will not watch Changeling again this time.

ETA: Oh, I forgot. I cried like a baby the other day when I read online that HIV positive mothers in Africa are now being encouraged to breastfeed, as the small risk of transmission is considered a better deal than all the babies dying of diarrhea from being fed formula. I felt so happy that these mothers could feed their babies. DH just kind of blinked at me and quietly left.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#7 of 46 Old 10-26-2010, 01:27 AM

I cried tears at church this weekend when they showed us the Samaritan's Purse Christmas Shoebox video. Nobody knows I am pregnant, so I presume they think I am either super compassionate or just plain weird!

Cristi mom to DDs ages 4, 7 & 10 + expecting a new little blessing June 2011
#8 of 46 Old 10-26-2010, 01:18 PM

Well, NOW I feel like crying because Husband is coming home on Thursday night from a 6-week job out of town, AND now he's leaving again the following Wednesday for a free freaking trip to the Caribbean (work-related) and I can't go. When the hell do *I* get to go out of town? When do *I* get to go to the Caribbean? I know he's working and I should be happy, but I'm just so crushed. It's not fair. And it's definitely affecting me more than it usually would... I'm so hormonal. (And jealous.)
#9 of 46 Old 11-19-2010, 10:43 AM

Ok..I have one for you ladies...I tried to call my hubby to tell him how crazy I feel but he didn't answer...so I MUST share with you ladies...

....................I am NOT a drinker at ALL, I may every now an then have a shot here or a mixed drink there but rarely do I ever finish a drink!! Well about a hour ago I got an e-vite from a co-worker inviting everyone out for a Happy Hour tonight...and I just started crying..uncontrollably, I mean the ugly, snot running out of your nose crying.  I was SO sad that I wouldn't get the chance to go to a Happy Hour and have a drink with people that I work with...mind you I don't even LIKE most of the people that I work with..especially not well enough to hang out in a social setting...after endless sobbing and nose blowing, I calmed down and felt pretty ridiculous...sigh** I can't wait until these hormones regain their balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud Marine Wife ribbongold.gif, Mommy to One Amazingly Beautiful Charismatic Daughter (12/17/05) joy.gifand Perfectly Handsome Son (6/15/2011) yikes.gif

#10 of 46 Old 11-19-2010, 11:38 AM

I totally started crying in class the other day cause we were talking about Carl Sagan and I got really sad that he's dead. I had to get up and leave the classroom. I mean he's been dead since 1996, you'd think I'd be over it by now right? 

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#11 of 46 Old 11-20-2010, 02:07 AM

I keep crying when those ridiculous Disney World commercials come on.  The ones where they surprise the kids with a DW trip and it's real life.  I don't know why in the world it chokes me up.  I feel like a complete goon. LOL

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#12 of 46 Old 11-20-2010, 08:06 AM

My DH and I were watching Hook the other day, and I started to cry uncontrollably when baby Peter rolls away from his mom and is taken by Tinkerbell.  Once I could talk, I sobbed to my DH, imagine if our DS got away from me for a second and some stupid fairy took him!  DH was completely at a loss as to what was so upsetting.  But, I could not stop crying about it. 

Kristin , married to DH , mama to DS 8/4/09 and EDD 6/24/11
#13 of 46 Old 11-20-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie Patootie View Post

I keep crying when those ridiculous Disney World commercials come on.  The ones where they surprise the kids with a DW trip and it's real life.  I don't know why in the world it chokes me up.  I feel like a complete goon. LOL

HA!  I started crying really hard last week when one of these came on.  Glad to know I'm not alone.  :)  I also cried at the end of the movie "Elf," when they're all singing carols to make Santa's sleigh fly.  Everything makes me tear up.  Seriously.  I'm looking forward to feeling more level and balanced again...

Kimberly (30), DH (33), Mama to DD 9/2/2007 & excited for June 2011!
#14 of 46 Old 11-20-2010, 06:03 PM

Yep, this happened to me officially last night.   We didn't have a lot of food, and I haven't really wanted to cook, so I suggested two takeout entrees from a restaurant we like.   I got a fish and meatloaf, with mashed potatoes which I've been craving.   When we opened it up and I smelled it, I said, "I'm scared."   My partner didn't understand at all what I was saying, and I sat down, took a dinner roll and some fruit from the counter, and started bawling.  Because that's ALL.I.COULD.EAT.  And mashed potatoes.   I just totally lost it after spending $30 and not wanting any of it.  ugh.at least my partner laughed a lot and hugged me, and I got over it in about 5 minutes.   

#15 of 46 Old 11-20-2010, 06:11 PM

DDC from February 

Nothin'!  bawling.gif   

ROTFLMAO.gif

(And when I saw y'all are in the June DDC I thought, "Yeah, that's about right!"  :D  I absolutely promise by week 17 you'll be feeling better and more stable and then each week it will improve and improve from there!  Hang in there!)

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#16 of 46 Old 11-21-2010, 06:55 AM

A totally fictional mercy killing of a statue, during a game of Dungeons and Dragons.

#17 of 46 Old 11-22-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:

Me too!!!  What's up with that????

I had no care in the world about going to Disney World prior to seeing those commercials, and now I feel totally guilt-ridden that I have yet to fly my kids down, haha.  I cry at how amazing of a surprise that'd be for them.

I cried last week when my kids had P.J. day at school, and my son came home upset and in his regular clothes because the other kids had teased him for his "feetie pyjamas".  I was just so sad for him, I held him and cried.  Pathetic.

I cried this morning when my son tripped and fell on the ice.  He was fine (totally protected by a fluffy snow suit), but I cried seeing him flat on his back and unable to get up because his backpack and fluffy snow suit kind of put him into a fallen turtle position.

I cried when the kids left on Friday to visit their father for a mere two days.

I cried when my ex-husband told me he wants 50/50 custody, out of nowhere, when he was supposed to be out of the city for 2 years and that's what I had mentally prepared myself with.  Now that he's back, he wants to uproot them again.  The thought of not having my kids with me just destroys me. 

....I think that's a logical cry, though.  I mean I think I'd cry even if not pregnant, heh.

I fell down the stairs this morning (freezing rain, and I seem to be prone to falling down icy stairs while pregnant), and I was ok, but cried when my partner came running down to scoop me up because it kind of touched me how protective he is right now.

I hate being this emotional.  I pride myself on not being a "cryer", as we have so many of them at work.  I cried this morning when a colleague told me about a catty employee a floor down that had made fun of her for something completely ridiculous.  WTF, we're GROWN-UPS.  Why am I crying over this crap??

#18 of 46 Old 11-22-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:

this one is a popular one. it makes me weepy too.

also country songs & birth videos or stories.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#19 of 46 Old 11-22-2010, 08:17 AM

I was watching a replay of a dog show on animal planet and I cried when they announce the winner.  We had only been watching for 5 minutes and I should not have been that emotionally involved!biglaugh.gifI don't even like dog shows!

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#20 of 46 Old 11-22-2010, 10:55 AM

Gah, I cannot even LISTEN to country music anymore; I bawl over the stupidest songs!

The Disney commercials get me too, and I have NO desire to go there.

This one I'm so embarrassed by.  DH was watching the Biggest Loser last week.  I came in on the last maybe 10 minutes of the show, which I never watch, and was bawling uncontrollably over the girl that got sent home.  ???  Crazy ...

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#21 of 46 Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:

Yep! Me too!! :)

mama to three amazing girls (05.07, 09.08 and 2.11) expecting #4 in July
#22 of 46 Old 11-23-2010, 11:23 AM

I saw the flash mob of singers in Macy's on youtube.  bawling.gif

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#23 of 46 Old 11-24-2010, 12:57 AM

Certain Christmas songs and I saw an ad where there is a HS age girl who tries to sit with people in the cafeteria and they won't let her because she is new. I just started crying because it is so mean.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#24 of 46 Old 11-24-2010, 02:54 PM

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#25 of 46 Old 11-24-2010, 09:16 PM

Glee just made me cry like a baby. The "Just the Way You Are" song at Kurt's dad's wedding.

#26 of 46 Old 11-26-2010, 08:53 PM

Took my kids to see the new "Tangled" movie this evening, and cried twice!  What is it with me and Disney these days? LOL

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#27 of 46 Old 11-26-2010, 10:37 PM

that glee episode was a cry fest for sure.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#28 of 46 Old 11-27-2010, 07:47 AM

I cried at a dedication in a book I read yesterday.

I cried while listening to a story about a dog who tried to save a man in Iraq and now works with veterans.  Oh and the dog had to have surgery too, or something. I'm not sure, because I was listening to the TV in a fast food restaurant.  I couldn't even see the screen! 

I can cry at ANY sad song or melody.  And this is SO not me.  Sometimes I feel like my female hormones are broken because I RARELY cry.  Well, not during pregnancy!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#29 of 46 Old 12-21-2010, 01:21 PM

I cry every time I listen to The Avett Brothers. Every time. Or Marry Song by Band of Horses. 

I was raised Catholic but have not practiced a religion throughout my adult life. My kids have no religious background or education. My 7yo has recently been asking me about Jesus and God. I think he has a Christian friend at school. The other day while driving we were talking about Christmas and God and when I began explaining to him about the birth of Jesus I lost it and sobbed. To me it's silly to call myself an atheist and cry over baby Jesus. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#30 of 46 Old 12-21-2010, 01:31 PM

This incredibly gorgeous slideshow of a homebirth: http://vimeo.com/7012325

I was bawling, and DH held me while I cried for about 15 minutes. I have no idea why.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page