Love for the spotting mamas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-27-2010, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to reach out and say I'm thinking positive thoughts for all you mamas experiencing scary symptoms or whatnot. I've been spotting off and on ranging from brown to nothing to actual red bleeding for the last week now and it's nerve wracking to say the least. I've had two previous 1st trimester losses but both times within 12hrs of seeing spotting it was clear there wasn't much hope so this is very different and I'm trying to be hopeful.

Have a peek scheduled via ultrasound on friday to take a look at everything.

Just wanted to let you mamas know you're not alone and I'm thinking of all of you!

also Question for any mamas that may know...if I am on progesterone and the baby stopped developing would the progesterone keep me from full on bleeding? I'm super anxious about Friday and I'm trying to think good thoughts this has been a thought on my mind though
#2 of 10 Old 10-28-2010, 05:14 AM

i don't know the answer to your question but thank you for your post and i am thinking of you and hope everything is ok.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#3 of 10 Old 10-28-2010, 07:36 AM

I'm joining you. Red blood yesterday and some twinges of pink and brown since. I am so nervous. I am 5 weeks today. Going in this morning with some sub plans (I'm a teacher) and going to doctor this afternoon for an u/s.

This is my 5th pregnancy and I have one living child. My last m/c was in July at 7 weeks. We've been ttc a sibling for ds for over 3 1/2 years.

Good thoughts for everyone. I do know that bleeding can be normal. I had it with ds. Still, it is scary.

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#4 of 10 Old 10-28-2010, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think it could. I remember a mama on another board saying that her pregnancy wasn't viable and she was instructed to stop the progesterone. She then m/c in a few days. I'm not trying to alarm you - that's just one woman's experience.

Also, I've read that progesterone itself can cause spotting. Something to do with the hormones making your cervix more sensitive. I think that's only for suppositories though.

Let us know how the u/s goes on Friday. I'm hoping for a healthy little bean!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#5 of 10 Old 10-28-2010, 07:24 PM

My doctor brought up the progesterone sustaining a pregnancy issue with me today. He said it won't sustain a pregnancy that isn't developing properly. Of course, I had to go and prove it by having heavy bleeding today and the u/s showed a pg that wasn't viable. He told me to continue the progesterone and did one more beta, but it really doesn't look like there is any chance of a good outcome.

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#6 of 10 Old 10-28-2010, 10:25 PM

to all.

xo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#7 of 10 Old 10-28-2010, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#8 of 10 Old 10-28-2010, 11:48 PM

i'm thinking of all the spotting mamas too.
i hate checking the paper every time i wipe, but i have had spotting (and some heavier bleeds) on and off for 2 weeks now. this week i only experienced it once (which is a decrease from last week). i'm away from home right now, but i think i'm going to call my midwife and ask her to send in a beta check for saturday (when i will be home).
lots of love and thoughts of sticky babies!

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#9 of 10 Old 10-29-2010, 10:15 PM

I too am spotting. This is my 5th pregnancy- 3 healthy children and 1 miscarriage. I am 5w2d and had just a small amount on the tp. I am convinced that I am having a mc. Going in for an hcg tomorrow. So sad......

AP crunchy homeschooling mama to Henning (1/4/03), Connor (7/1/05) and Elijah (9/21/08) Forever holding my 3 lost little ones in my heart.
#10 of 10 Old 10-29-2010, 11:49 PM

Just DDCC from Nov to add my support. I spotted off and on through my first trimester and the stress was horrible, but I'm now 36 weeks along. Good luck and healthy pregnancies to all of you!

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page