Holy Morning Sickness! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So this is my second pregnancy and I'm only 7 weeks along. The morning sickness for the past 2 weeks has almost been debilitating. Today especially. I usually can hold down the actual throwing up and just feel queasy, but today has been vomit central. I only remember getting queasy when I was hungry in the morning with my DD.... why oh why is this baby killing me already? The OB I saw on Tuesday pushed a Zofran script on me and I am kind of wishing that I had filled it. Is anyone else having this crazy morning sickness or am I the only one??

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#2 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 10:52 AM

I had such horrendous MS w/ my 7th and 8th that I took meds w/ my 9th and 10th and now this baby. I could not function at all.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#3 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 11:10 AM

I am mostly just queasy BUT I have taken Zofran for other things and it is FABULOUS. I highly recommend it!

Mother to one wonderful 5 year old son and another on the way, caretaker of dogs, cats, chickens and worms. EDD 12/11/2011

#4 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 11:57 AM

I am having to take zofran too- otherwise I will throw up all day and all night with this baby. It's listed as a very safe medication. I figure better to take the meds than starve the baby of vital nutrients!

Kellina~ Wife & Christian SAHomeschooling Mama-to 8 GREAT children!   

brokenheart.gif *Missing my 6 m/c babies in the arms of Jesus* brokenheart.gif

#5 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 12:11 PM

I actually caved and took it... WOW I feel like a person again! I have been taking it 12 hours apart and I wanted to see if I could go to 1 a day and well that didn't work. I spent the 2 hours at work dry heaving until I could go home and take one. I will be honest it may actually save my relationship I couldn't even think about kissing DP for the last month (which really doesn't go over well you know?) because spit just caused me to get so sick I wanted to vomit. Gross! After taking it for three days I feel almost normal, I don't usually believe in medication, but I really wasn't functioning well without it.

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#6 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

I am really hoping that this will pass or I will be sending DH to go out and get that prescription! I don't know what else to do. I try to counter act it with eating food but so far it has just given me something to actually throw up. Everything sets it off... food, stinky diapers, any smell, moving around too quickly, anything! Needless to say, I was not prepared for this!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#7 of 23 Old 10-28-2010, 01:37 PM

I am thinking about meds and I usually don't take anything while preggo. Soooo sick here too. Vomiting at least once a day.

mama to three amazing girls (05.07, 09.08 and 2.11) expecting #4 in July
#8 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 06:59 PM

My morning sickness is debilitating too ... much worse than with either of my other two kids. I am taking Zofran out of pure necessity. It dulls the nausea enough that I can lay on the couch and read instead of lay on the couch moaning, writhing, and begging for death. I'm so weak I can hardly stand up. I used to think I wanted 4 or 5 kids, but after suffering this way I am thinking that this is the last one. I have other children to take care of and I am pretty much useless right now.

I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 3-5 weeks ...

SAHM to Bird (6/07) and Bear (7/09), and now enjoying our newest additionbabyboy.gif, born June 1, 2011!  bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.gif

#9 of 23 Old 10-31-2010, 10:17 PM

I have only thrown up once but I seem to be queasy a good part of the day most days. It is so much worse than my last pregnancy, that and the fatigue totally kicking my butt. I'm finding it helps to keep a little something in my stomach, but you probably already know that.

I keep telling myself, only 2.5 weeks or so left in the first trimester!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#10 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 11:02 AM

This is my first pregnancy - I'm starting to feel quesy in the morning and starting to feel just a little fussy about what I eat (some things aren't really appealing). Nothing too horrible though. I'm due June 28-30 - right at the end of the month? Is it too early for me to be feelig MS or is this it? If this is it, I can handle it - it's pretty mild. And that's good, b/c I've been really worried about work (which is active, and requires speaking in front of people for hours at a time).
#11 of 23 Old 11-01-2010, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

So, I got desperate and filled the Zofran prescription and on the bottle it says " May cause headache, dizziness, and drowsiness " I took it and basically fell asleep everywhere. I am really sensitive to medicine and this one threw me for a loop. I feel like I have vertigo! I suppose I am going to have to be sick for awhile longer...

#12 of 23 Old 11-02-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post
So, I got desperate and filled the Zofran prescription and on the bottle it says " May cause headache, dizziness, and drowsiness " I took it and basically fell asleep everywhere. I am really sensitive to medicine and this one threw me for a loop. I feel like I have vertigo! I suppose I am going to have to be sick for awhile longer...
I have hypermesis and had to get an IV because I could not keep anything down. Thanks to the Zofran, I am off the IV however, I basically sleep all day now and have the feeling of vertigo too. It is so bad but, my alternative is worse

With my last pregnancy I was sick but, nothing like this.
#13 of 23 Old 11-02-2010, 01:48 PM

I'm also experiencing vomiting at least once daily, first thing after waking. I've been finding that it was actually much worse for me when I fought this in the morning -- I'd either end up (painfully) vomiting whatever I'd eaten, or manage to keep it down and the nausea would also remain for the rest of the day. This past week I've just been drinking some water in the morning and then waiting a few min for it to come up. I was able to then eat a little and am mostly okay, with a bit of gagging (at smells, mostly) and only a little nausea later in the day. This has worked 5 times out of 7 days last week. Next week it will probably be completely different, but for now I'm running with it. 9w1d today.

hi!

#14 of 23 Old 11-10-2010, 01:01 PM

Ugh morning sickness.

When I was pregnant 6 years ago, I asked, who would do this more than once? Well, apparently me.

I'm 7 1/2 weeks and looked up my notes when I was pregnant with my dd. Sick through 15 weeks. I made a new year's resolution back then not to puke again. I think I only cheated once smile.gif

It's so much harder this time because I don't want to whine to my 5 year old, I want to play, I want to have fun, I want to get off the couch. And cook again greensad.gif

So last time, I remember my midwife gave me Reglan and Phenergan (Promethazine). I tried the first one and it made me feel worse, the second one got me through the rough days, I tried not to take it. The trouble is, I don't remember which she gave me first. So this time she gave me both and I'm wondering if I should get Zofran (had to "try" the first two or insurance won't cover Zofran).

Anyway, I'll take it on my worst days, when I can't eat or just throw it up. My friend lost all kinds of weight during her first pregnancy and refused to take meds and now feels that her son's teeth being messed up are her fault because she was malnourished.  I personally feel that is way too much guilt to take on, but it did make me feel better about taking meds.

You might want to check out if there is a community acupuncture place in your town. It has helped me a little bit and at only $15 a session, it's worth it.

By the way, there is a really gross ad for Oscar Mayer turkey on this page with a  fork moving it around. It's enough to send you running to the bathroom lol!

#15 of 23 Old 11-10-2010, 01:32 PM

I thought that the zofran was really expensive but when I picked it up at CVS it was like under $9 for the generic for a three week prescription.  My portion after insurance was $4.  I would check before you rule it out...

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#16 of 23 Old 11-10-2010, 01:43 PM

I have only thrown up once so far, but I spend pretty much the whole day in that "about to throw up" state where your mouth pours saliva and you have to keep swallowing.  I put Sea Bands on last night and they seem to have helped as I was actually able to eat today!  Still queasy, but food kind of sounded good for a short moment so I took advantage of that short window and shoved some in my mouth.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#17 of 23 Old 11-10-2010, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

My zofran was $99!!!  And I feel like it doesn't work consistently.  Yestrday I felt a lot better...but still occasional queasiness.  Today it didn't feel like it worked at all. greensad.gif  I would definitely describe the nausea and vomiting as debilitating.  I have only left the house twice in the past month - once to vote and once to go to our prenatal appt.  My poor 1 year old is bored to tears.  I just can't understand why this happens to some women.  It feels so unfair.  If I talk to one more woman who casually says, "Oh, I never did get sick.  That must be awful."  I think I will scream.

#18 of 23 Old 11-10-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot-to-Dot View Post

My zofran was $99!!!  And I feel like it doesn't work consistently.  Yestrday I felt a lot better...but still occasional queasiness.  Today it didn't feel like it worked at all. greensad.gif  I would definitely describe the nausea and vomiting as debilitating.  I have only left the house twice in the past month - once to vote and once to go to our prenatal appt.  My poor 1 year old is bored to tears.  I just can't understand why this happens to some women.  It feels so unfair.  If I talk to one more woman who casually says, "Oh, I never did get sick.  That must be awful."  I think I will scream.

I am so right there with you, sister.  My kids are totally bored because I can't take them to the playground or do any activities with them other than reading books.  They must not have given you the generic -- the medication should NOT have been that expensive.  For me, Zofran has not taken away the nausea, it has just lessened it to the point where I don't want to die ALL the time.  I am still counting the days until the second trimester and hoping that this will be over by 14 weeks at the latest. 

I left the house to vote too!  I was in my  pajamas and looked like hell, but I am really nerdy about always voting no matter what.  smile.gif

SAHM to Bird (6/07) and Bear (7/09), and now enjoying our newest additionbabyboy.gif, born June 1, 2011!  bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.gif

#19 of 23 Old 11-10-2010, 04:20 PM

I am pregnant with my second child and also am so queasy and I feel like my digestion is just off.  I have an upset stomach after I eat just about anything and then digestion/gas pains afterwards.  Is this normal?  I have felt like I might vomit 2 different times but did not.  I am also so tired and was falling asleep on the couch at 6 pm tonight while my 19 month old was running around wanting me to play with him.  Feeling this tired is overwhelming and makes me think I am going to have a really hard time handling the 2 of them.  Hopefully once I start drinking coffee again after baby #2 that will help:)

#20 of 23 Old 11-10-2010, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Compared to my last pregnancies, where I puked a lot, I feel good.  But compared to general wellness, I feel like crap. If I get even slightly hungry I get so light headed and shitty feeling.  It's counterproductive because I really don't feel up to cooking when I feel like this.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#21 of 23 Old 11-10-2010, 05:49 PM

I'm hoping that, at nearly 10w, I'm at the peak of my feeling bad stage. At least that's what I tell myself to get from this day to the next.

I do feel better than I have in previous pregnancies (maybe) in that I haven't thrown up but man oh man I do not feel well at all. I eat all.the.time. because it helps keep the nausea down (also, I figure it's really needed considering I'm gestating less than a year after birth & breastfeeding) but most of the time I have to force it and end up feeling sick anyway. When I go grocery shopping I end up picking up drinks, mostly drinks, and things that are easy to feed the kids. It's the grossest chore ever. The grocery store - what a disgusting place! I feel like in some past life I used to enjoy cooking for my family. These days I wish the dinner fairy would come around. 

I'm so exhausted. All I want to do is sleep. I fall asleep everywhere. I don't want to go to the park or make important phone calls or do laundry or do anything but hibernate until this whole icky stage passes. I feel like such a bad mom! I'm moody and so irritable and blah. My DP is working constantly so we rarely see one another which is not all bad because I know I'm in a jerky mood and like PP wrote kissing often seems terrible. I feel agh! I'm being smothered in gross spit and this is a man who I'm wildly attracted to. I love him! 

I really don't like to complain and I know I'm approaching the cusp of feeling better but my gosh, I feel miserable. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#22 of 23 Old 11-11-2010, 07:18 AM

The only thing I've found that helps with my nausea is to put carnation instant breakfast in a little cooler with an icepack by my bed, and every few hours when I get up to pee I drink some.  My stomach is always upset at first but calms down within a couple of  minutes.  I was doing the crackers by the bed but I got really tired of crumbs really fast, and my mouth was so dry from them despite guzzling water that my lips were cracking and bleeding.  I still get nauseated throughout the day, I just try and eat a little something at least once an hour, even if its just a handful of grapes or peanuts, I'm drinking lots and lots of fluids, ginger peach tea is the latest fav, and reminding myself that MS is a sign of a healthy sticky baby, and 12 weeks is only a little over three weeks away.  I can do this. I totally can do this!  Zophran and phenergan sadly just knock me out, and I have to work, so they aren't really an option for me.

Beloved of Chris since 12/31/08. Missing our sweet Persephone Grace 5/24/11 - 5/26/11 angel3.gif So much love baby girl, so much love.

#23 of 23 Old 11-11-2010, 06:11 PM

nm

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page