Differences in morning sickness? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-01-2010, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was hoping I wouldn't get sick at all this time....haha, yeah right. But, I have noticed that my sickness is different this time. It's really happening in the morning. Last pregnancy was just the evening. So, I expected to be fine in the a.m. and then sick around 5 p.m. again like last time. So far this time, I've been sick right as soon as I wake up, then it gets a little better to pretty good during the day, and then sick at night.

Has any experienced this? Changes to the morning sickness routine with different pregnancies? I'm thinking maybe it's a girl this time? Would that make a difference? Or is it just a thing that is quirky about pregnancy.

Kristin , married to DH , mama to DS 8/4/09 and EDD 6/24/11
#2 of 7 Old 11-01-2010, 04:06 PM

Symptoms can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy regardless of the sex. I've had boys and girls all with very similar symptoms. Hope you feel better soon!

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#3 of 7 Old 11-01-2010, 05:36 PM

I've been pg with 3 girls.

#1- Hardly any sickness. Sometimes stomach discomfort and I only threw up once when I took my prenatal on an empty stomach.

#2- Hyperemesis that caused hospitalization. But everytime I threw up it seemed a bit better. And it went away.

#3- nausea that lasted forever into the pregnancy but was never as dangerous as the last time. When I threw up I still felt like crap though.

#4 (this time, 10 weeks)-Nausea that is made worse when I DON"T eat instead of when I do like the other times. Throw up every day. Mainly at night but sometimes during the day and lots of dry heaving 1st thing in the morning.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#4 of 7 Old 11-01-2010, 05:54 PM

Mine have varied every time. The first time it was mild and every other day mostly in the evenings (dd1). The second time I had some nausea maybe two or three times (dd2). This time...nausea starting at 5 weeks and it has been constant from when I wake up until about 8 pm. I eat and I feel nauseous and I don't eat and it's the same. Yuck. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#5 of 7 Old 11-01-2010, 06:49 PM

Different every time.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#6 of 7 Old 11-06-2010, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
with both of my first two I had lots of sickness, but it was a much shorter duration with my second (only 4 weeks.) I'm about 8-9 weeks and am not sick right now. I only feel slight nausea when I am hungry, so this is a nice change and I hope it doesn't get worse.

BC Mum of three ('05, '07, '11 and #4 coming May '14!)    jumpers.gif  belly.gif 

#7 of 7 Old 11-06-2010, 11:48 PM

3 girls and 3 different morning sickness stories.

DD 1, Super sick and vomitted constantly, eventually I started seeing blood too. Cleared up at around 3 months

DD 2, Moderatly sick until I was able to quick working and get more rest. None the less I puked up until 35 weeks when DD was born. I learned to drink kool-aid first thing in the am so it didn't taste so bad.

DD 3, Didn't even know I was pregnant until 8 weeks when the morning sickness hit me HARD. I was debilitated because of morning sickness/motion sickness/vomitting until my 14th week. I should have gone to the hospital but was too sick to drive myself there (hubby was gone, we are military) I couldn't even breathe without feeling sick and was completely unable to care for our daughters. Thankfully DD #1 is 13 and took care of her 5 year old sister for me until I was able to get out of bed.

Other than feeling like I was on my death bed for 6 weeks this has been by far my best pregnancy. Like childbirth the memories of how horrible you feel at the time do tend to fade. Thankfully.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page