Anyone played with this "intelligender" thing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-04-2010, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's a "for entertainment purposes only" gender test for pregnancy. They boast an 80% accuracy rating, but it's pretty clear the thing is a toy. Still, I went and ordered one (we can't get them in Canada unless by special order) and I took it this afternoon... it told me BOY in a very big way! So it'd be interesting to see if it's right.

Has anyone else played with it?

http://www.intelligender.com/ - is the site for it, and you can order through them. Mine took about 14 days to arrive to B.C., Canada.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#2 of 9 Old 11-04-2010, 06:25 AM

I got one like that by a different maker. However it says to wait until 14 weeks for best results so I am waiting. I will get an US at 18 weeks so I will see soon after if it is right. It is my understanding that they are a toss of the dice as I posted this in the I'm Pregnant forum and apparently one of the DDC did a test with them and it wasn't a science.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#3 of 9 Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 AM

I know two people who have used them and both were wrong. These are irl people not online people. Online people seem to have a better track record.

I have heard (so I don't know if it's true) that if you have ever been pregnant with a boy it will say boy.

I am probably going to do one for fun sometime this pregnancy though I won't believe the results until the baby is here.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#4 of 9 Old 11-04-2010, 12:16 PM

I have never done it, but thought about it this time. I have always been right w/ my expected baby's gender, usually by 20 weeks.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#5 of 9 Old 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM

I have a vague recollection of this dangerous death recipe that was going around during my first pregnancy that involved a coctail of draino, comet and your own urine to find out the gender? Weirdness.

From the website:

Quote:
“Run, don’t walk, ladies...if your husband won’t let you find out what you’re having, you now have a solution.” MomLogic Fashion & Beauty editor
Is it just me or does this quote seem totally wrong on several levels to any of you? Lol.
#6 of 9 Old 11-04-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nikki~ View Post
Is it just me or does this quote seem totally wrong on several levels to any of you? Lol.
Several :/ And completely inaccurate atm for me because I want this one to be a surprise and DH wants to know LOL.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#7 of 9 Old 11-04-2010, 02:14 PM

If the vomit "smiley" didn't make me feel gross I'd use it to illustrate my feelings about that quote.

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#8 of 9 Old 11-08-2010, 12:08 AM

It's a test that uses your PH balance. Basically if you are more acidic then it's typically a girl and if you have more alkline the it's typically a boy. The reason why the test is not always right is because certain foods you eat can alter the results. You can also save some money and buy ph stips which you can get at any health food store and most pharmacies. As well as another fun one I read about boiling red cabbage, once the water changes colors, pour an equal amount of water and urine in a cup if it's pink it's a boy if it's purple it's a girl. There are some sites on line about it.

Misty - Engaged to Derrick
Mommy to Amy (10) Katie (8) Christopher (7) and lil bean due in June
#9 of 9 Old 11-08-2010, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

4tolove - Thank you! That's fascinating! Makes me want to try a few times to see what the results are!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page